Port-o Lounge & Restaurant
286 First Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Port-o Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portolounge.com/
- Phone: (201) 420-9540
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Portuguese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Port-o Lounge & Restaurant
Port-o Lounge brings the essence of modern Portuguese cuisine to Jersey City. Our inspiration is the beautiful city of Porto, reflecting its history, beauty, bohemian attitude, and the simplicity of its people that perfectly blends with the Historic Downtown of Jersey City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Port-o Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Sangria and nice loungeTriciaDined on 10/18/2014Great Sangria!!!! Nice lounge to hang out and listen to music.Special Features:
- SiddyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great cocktails and good tapas! would come back here anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Port-o Lounge & Restaurant reviews archive.
- I have been here more thanWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 3/18/2014I have been here more than 20 times in these 2 years. It is very unfortunate, but I must say that the quality of service and management has been deteriorating. This time would become my last visit. Variety of glass wine had been a lure of this place, but the bar didn't have every wine I ordered. However I have been also a fan of Port-o-platter, it's quality has been dropping. No matter what happened, the coziness of the restaurant is still the same as the first time I visited. Please try out this place if it survived. Adios!
- Disappointed, even with prefix menuCharlesDined on 2/14/2014I was disappointed in service and menu choice. Service was extremely slow with only 12 tables. This place had prefix menu and they ran out of prefix menu items. It took more then 2 hours to finish our dinner. Terrible.Special Features:
- Good food disorganized serversLKJCDined on 2/14/2014Made reservation on Valentines day, included special request for help with Gluten free menu items. Arrived at restaurant a few minutes ahead of reservation, and was only 2nd couple in restaurant. Servers were running around in panic and no one seemed to know what was going on. Despite reviewing menu on Open Table, surprised to learn that normal menu was not available and there was only a $40 per person Prix Fixe menu with only 4 choices. We were ignored for 20 minutes while 6 other couples arrived and were promptly approached by a server and orders were taken. I finally flagged down a server who was lighting candles and tried to order gluten free. Server suggested a vegetarian dish and disappeared, second server said dish not gluten free.