Port Land Grille
1908 Eastwood Road
Wilmington, NC 28403Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Port Land Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portlandgrille.com/
- Phone: 9102566056
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm (or until)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Wellersdick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private dining rooms perfect for your next business dinner meeting, rehearsal dinner or private party from 15 - 65 guests. Private dining (including total buyouts) available 7 days with certain food and beverage minimums applicable. Visit our website for menu ideas, pricing and other private dining information.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Steketee 9102566056
A word from Port Land Grille
Port Land Grille has progressive American regional cuisine masterfully executed by chef owner Shawn Wellersdick in a casually elegant coastal setting since November 2000.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Port Land Grille - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Port Land Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (42)romantic (34)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Out of menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to Port Land Grille several times now and each time they are out of something someone our party is ordering. I thought this was only because we were late night diners and they strive to provide fresh food, but had a 6:45 sitting last week and they were out of their 8 OZ Filet. Hmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/23/2014Great food, wonderful service, and an overall terrific experience dining out in ILM!Special Features:
- localfamilyDined on 10/18/2014The great reviews did not disappoint! We enjoyed every bite. The staff was very attentive, making sure that my husband's birthday was acknowledged. We will definitely be adding this to our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had one of the best meals !!!! Since I have lived in the Wilmington area, I can honestly say that this was the best dining experience.Special Features:
- Spectacular EveningKurtDined on 10/15/2014Took several customers of mine and their wives. Everyone had such amazing dishes. Steaks were some of the best I've ever had. Reasonably priced for fine dining and portions are generous. Do not leave without sharing the Coconut cake!!!Special Features:
- AndyDined on 10/15/2014Amazing, I had the Corvina and it was great! Awesome Martini also.Special Features:
- Best food I've had in a long timeMissymae8812Dined on 10/4/2014This place is amazing! I had never been before, but we booked our reservation for a bachelorette party dinner and was very impressed with the menu and food selection. I had the new york strip and it was the best steak I had ever eaten and it was cooked perfectly! Everyone else in the party seemed to enjoy their meals as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Port Land GrilleSadiemaeDined on 10/4/2014We always select Port Land Grille for special occasions and everyday dining as well. A creative and exceptional menu, strict attention to detail and an outstanding well edited wine list. The owners accommodate special requests and go out of their way to ensure a wonderful dining experience. It was my friend's 80th birthday and they decorated the table and brought him a huge slice of their famous coconut cake. As always the dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service marred a great mealDatenightDined on 10/4/2014Most recent celebration dinner did not live up to standards based on several recent visits. Food was great- but service was scattered - inconsistent - and inattentive- actually had to find the manager to pay the bill after a very extended wait. This experience was very out of character and frankly very very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is usually my favorite place!SUPGirlDined on 9/27/2014I wish I could give 5 starts, but when our main course was delivered 3/4 of the steaks were slightly cold. And I was so disappointed because usually the food her is right on in every way! They made up for it be giving us an extra desert, which was thoughtful. Service is pretty good, but somehow I always find the staff (in bar and wait table) a bit snooty.Special Features:
- Kitchen Blew Our ExperienceChipRDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner during UNCW parents weekend was a poor experience because our order was missed by the kitchen and it took so long we had to eat our dinner in 5 minutes once it finally arrived. It was a shame because it's a nice place.Special Features:
- Portland GrilletnwarnellDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time dining with Portland Grille, and holy moly was it awesome! Each dish was innovative, full of flavor, and portion-size was on point. I can't tell you how often I am disappointed because the portion is just too small for the price of the plate. But not here! I was thoroughly satisfied and left the restaurant talking about how I couldn't wait to return to try another delightful creation!Special Features:
- Best of ClassScotVIPDined on 9/24/2014Another great night at Port Land Grille. Improved menu with addition of small plates. Selection of steaks and fishes excellent. Top notch wine list. So great food partnered with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful waiter. Ramsey was efficient, helpful, professional and pleasant. Unfortunately the food was not up to our expectations. The egg roll appetizer wasn't hot (obviously an error in the kitchen since it came very soon after it was ordered) Steak was cooked perfectly, but mashed potatoes were icy cold and the sauce for the steak had a very odd seasoning. Seems we arrived on a bad night. Weren't even greeted properly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Probably the most eclectic menu in the area ! Menu is modified for the season and is always nothing but exceptional !Special Features:
- Excellent creative cuisineIlmlocaldinerDined on 9/13/2014Portland grill is an exquisite restaurant with creative and flavorful cuisine. We had a chicken,duck,goose liver pate which was so delicious my husband who does not eat liver loved it. We also had steak and duck breast cooked perfectly with excellent sides. We will definitely be back often to try the wonder appetizers selection and dessert selection.Special Features:
- If you want a sure thing this is itLocal28403Dined on 9/12/2014I heard about Port Land Grille when I moved to Wilmington in 2002 as being a premier local hot spot. After dining here I knew why. It was that good. Since then Wilmington has had many more restaurants open and give us more selection. Port Land Grille is still on the top of the list. The owners keep this place as fees has if they just opened. Hats off to a great restaurant with great food and excellent service. The bar area is hip for this small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing nightKat123Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had an amazing time at Port Land Grille. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and gave great recommendations for food and wine pairings. Everything we ordered was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Port Land Grille, Wilmington, NCDiningOutDined on 8/29/2014An excellent choice for a special occasion or just to experience great food. We chose two outstanding dishes that were very well prepared to order with bountiful portions (one plate, a prime cut filet mignon, the other, a large piece of halibut, each served with a potato and vegetable side). An appetizer and Caesar salad preceded the entrees. The server offered advice for an excellent wine choice that complemented our meals. The only negative was that we left no room for dessert. We will come again as there were several entrees that made our choices difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great Meal!ssadsdhtVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love it and recommend dining here. The food and the service are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerLuv2DineOutDined on 8/9/2014We chose Port Land Grille for our 6th Wedding Anniversary. Every little detail was perfect, from the acknowledgement of our anniversary, to the service, to the food/dessert. It was a great experience and very romantic. Would highly suggest to anyone looking for a dressy, intimate, and quiet meal.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!ASM1125Dined on 7/31/2014Port Grill delivered big time! Excellent service and amazing entrees! We were even oohing and aahing over the salads! Fantastic meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch-No Ka OiAY3MDDined on 7/30/2014Delightful dining experience every time. PLG is the best restaurant in town and everyone knows it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and the service attentive. A white table cloth type of restaurant that is quiet enough for conversation at your table while still being busy.Special Features:
- Artful, masterful chefDelightfulVIPDined on 7/25/2014It has been a while and many countries since we have had a meal so well prepared. High quality ingredients are innovatively and expertly combined to delight the palate. Start with the North Carolina Tureen, not to be missed. Lamb tenderloin was fabulous, filet mignon great. The star of the meal was the coconut cake. Butter cream of the highest order beautifully staged on the plate. The staff is highly motivated and dedicated to making your experience memorable. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014We chose Port Land Grille after reading reviews online and scoping recommendations for special occasion places to eat. We are foodies and tend to eat at home because we're great cooks. We only go out if we can find a place that creates dishes that are better than ours. Port Land Grille fit the bill with wonderful tenderloin with a balsamic blue cheese glaze and perfect accompaniments. Their wine selections are lovely and their appetizers are wonderful. We'd definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in WilmingtonDanielSDined on 7/18/2014Food was absolutely amazing. The service was top notch. Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!LovestoeatoutVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dinner for 12 was awesome. Great food and great service. Highly reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetluverDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten @ Portland Grill before & as always, had a great experience. The food is consistently well done. The service excellent. The staff go above & beyond to satisfy......they succeed beautifully. This restaurant is a gem in Wilmington. Thank you, Portland Grill for a wonderful night. Paul & Barbara Greenman. 🍴🍴🍴🍴🍸🍸🍸🍸👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014Very disappointed...the waitress messed up our order and the female hostess tried to blame it all on us. What ever happened to the customer always being right? Will not go back.
- Great pork chopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I had a take out pork chop and the entree was great. I went in to dine with my family the next day and had great expectation... I had the scallop and my uncle had the grouper... The scallop was good (very flavorable, the seasoning is just right-- and the grill flavor is perfect. There were 5 jumbo scallops... So for a big person... You might not get full on it), but my sides (grits and collard) were not up to my expextations... The grits were full of butter killing any tastes that they may have; and the collard taste like collard i buy at the grocery store... Nothing extraordinary... My uncle grouper with some kinds of beans for the sides... His entree was decent... Overall... I like the pork chop the best...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!!!HiggycyDined on 7/11/2014Great all the way around!! Can not wait to go back! KSSpecial Features:
- DININGDANDined on 7/9/2014Found this restaurant online, looking for a place to dine on our first night, that was close to our hotel. Boy, did we hit a homerun! This gem was tucked away in a corner of a large strip mall....a little hard to find. Once through the doors, it was a transforming experience. The ambiance was perfect for intimate dining. Our waiter, Bob, was the most friendly and professional waiter we have ever encountered. ( Southern N.C. charm ) His suggestions were dead on, all delivered with a witty sense of humor. The food was amazing!!....delicious and perfectly prepared.....served like a work of art. The wine suggestion was pared perfectly with dinner. Can't say enough....We hope to visit again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 508 reviews are from the Port Land Grille reviews archive.
- always delicious and reliableSUPGirlDined on 6/28/2014Port Land Grill always serves good food and has a wonderful wait staff. One of our favorite go-to spots.Special Features:
- One of the best in WilmingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2014Port Land Grille has become a regular visit for us for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Some of the entrees are pricey, but there are reasonable alternatives as well. The food has a southern flair, but is otherwise a good steakhouse along with superior seafood. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant!ssadsdhtVIPDined on 6/21/2014We love this restaurant. Our waitress Alli is wonderful. All the food is presented and cooked beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightRTW22Dined on 6/21/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and were put in a room with a large party which was very loud. There were plenty of tables so we were perplexed at why they would seat us there. When you're spending $160 for dinner, you tend to have high expectations. We asked to be moved and they accomodated us. The food was excellent as always. Our parents had called ahead and requested that they buy us drinks, which never happened. The drinks were on our check. I just think it was an off-night for them, as this is a very quality restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WBFoodieDined on 6/11/2014Sadly, my husband and I found just ok food at this restaurant. We tried the smoked salmon tartar, vichyssoise, and seared scallops with seafood risotto, spinach and a tomato sauce. There were no specials, and our waitress constantly suggested that we order more food, despite the already large portions. It was surprising to me that during the height of soft shelled crab season, those weren't on the menu. Also, one of the three fish entrees wasn't available. For real farm to table cooking, try Chef and the Farmer in Kinston. In Wilmington, there are other, better choices, including Catch on Market St., Brasserie du Soleil in the same outdoor mall as Portland Grill, or Bento Box in the Forum.
- AudreyAudreyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Incredibly impressed with our server! Food at this restaurant is very good-but not outstanding. There is something to please almost any palate which makes it a good choice for groups. Food presentation could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Very nice, quality food, good atmosphere good servers!Special Features: