Port - Dining, Bar, Patio
1289 Wharf St.
Pickering, ON L1W 1A2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Port - Dining, Bar, Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://portrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 9058397678
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday
Lunch 11:30am – 4:00pm
Dinner 4:00pm - close
Brunch 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late Night menu 10:00pm - 12:00pm
Brunch 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Thomas Heitz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Jazz in the Lounge on Sundays, Acoustic in the Lounge on Thursdays
- Special Events: Follow our website updates to view our ongoing special events.
A word from Port - Dining, Bar, Patio
PORT Dining Room-Bar-Patio is located on the shores of Frenchman's Bay in Bay Ridges, Pickering. We offer a global selection of fare, cocktails, spirits, wine and beer in an elegantly-casual, come-as-you-are setting. Executive Chef, John L. Harcourt, has created globally inspired menus that evolve to reflect the season and locally produced products. Our Bar Team has created cocktails that reflect the passion and skill of the original bartender(s).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Port - Dining, Bar, Patio - Best Restaurants in Pickering ›
Port - Dining, Bar, Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (98)great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (48)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (33)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- DisappointedAjaxFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Normally we love Port -- good food, good service, great venue, decent value. But their Thanksgiving special was very disappointing: the main course food was good, but there was very little of it. For $28, I would expect more than two small slices of turkey. And the pumpkin pie could have been store-bought. It felt very much like Port was cutting corners. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiggerDined on 10/11/2014The waitress was a little misleading. She asked what was wanted on the steak and gave my husband choices but neglected to mention that they were all extra. ( $2.50 for a dallop of butter) She told us the specials but not the prices. I know we were negligent in asking but we were certainly unprepared for the $33.00 cost of three lamb chops. Rather expensive, I thought. Overall, the food and the service was good. We were there for a 50th dinner and it was special. But, it would be too expensive to visit on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Personal favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Some nights are better than others at Port, but we still quite enjoy the menu. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating on our visits. When the kitchen is on, the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Birthday treat!JELODined on 9/30/2014I took my wife out for a birthday dinner, and I wanted to go somewhere local. Well, I would describe this as a "local treasure". The dining room was comfortable, the scenery was beautiful, the service was outstanding...and our meal was absolutely DELICIOUS!" My wife ordered the linguini and it was to die for. I of course dug into a steak that was cooked to perfection! What a great place...a true "local treasure"Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerJessicaDined on 9/28/2014We really enjoyed our night-out at the Port. We were seated next to a table with a lot of kids which was the only downside because they were a bit noisy but all in all it was a wonderful experience. We are in walking distance of the restaurant so we were able to enjoy some cocktails and a delicious wine. We also really enjoyed our appetizer, meals and dessert. Our server was very kinda and helpful. We will definitely be back again soon but maybe for brunch next time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food was good, however the cheese tray could have been better. We will not order it again. And not to have enough corn bread was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great night, great food!Luv2eatDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful overall experience at Port. The server was great and the food was wonderful. We watched the most beautiful sunset from the outdoor patio overlooking Frenchman's Bay. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RascoDined on 9/26/2014Unfortunatly the food for two of our party of four arrived cold, was returned and arrived cold again. Not a very promising start. The wait staff did their best. The wine list lacked a number of prices.Special Features:
- the Port RestaurantDiggerDined on 9/23/2014Great ambiance, food was fantastic, service was exemplary. You have a choice of a didning room area a lounge area or a patio area all of which have a great view of Frenchmen's bay. We ate in the dinning room but took the time to tour the rest of the restaurant after our meal. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightMargDined on 9/13/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday night and were very happy with the service, the view is incredible, the food amazing. We were not sure about the wine and somebody from the bar came to the table to give us some guidance. We will back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some LeadershipleaderwantedDined on 9/9/2014While the lady who was our server was nice, the level of service we expect in a restaurant like this was lacking. The attention to the customer needs was missing and the attention to the timeline of the dinner experience was missing. It felt like there wee some great people working there without a strong knowledgeable leader.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopes - Very disappointedlovefoodDined on 9/7/2014The experience was sub par. A friend ordered a Caesar and received a drink with no garnish when it was clearly stated on the menu. Imo, the garnishes make that drink. As for the service, we received our meals last when we were one of the first groups in the door. Also, we asked for an umbrella to be lowered, the waitress said she would do it, but took 20 min to return, before which we had asked another waitress who refused to lower it. Food-wise, it was pretty mediocre. A friend ordered chicken+waffles and actually only got pieces of fried chicken in between 2 mini waffles. Nothing to boast about. No special sauce. No garnish. It looked like it was thrown together in a second. My meal was better (Northern Benny), but still pretty average.Special Features:
- First time there, great find!!!FraternityBrotherDined on 9/6/2014Great experience, all food was perfectly cooked, especially the scallops! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experienceMartinoDined on 9/2/2014Menu is not extensively long but the food was excellent. The service was at the same level - excellent. Extremely friendly and the breaks between the courses were perfect. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad serviceNotveryhappyDined on 8/31/2014We finished our drink, I had to flag down another server to say we wanted to order a bottle of wine because we hadn't seen our server in 10 mins. We waited another 20 minutes, our dinners were served and we had to remind her that we had ordered a bottle of wine to have with our dinner 20 minutes ago. The wine came shortly thereafter. We ordered cappuccinos and dessert. We finished our coffees and were still waiting for five or ten minutes for our dessert to arrive. By the time it came we just told her we were no longer interested and to bring us the bill. If I order a bottle of wine to have with my dinner I like the wine to be on the table and poured prior to my plate coming out of the kitchen. Most of us do, don't we?Special Features:
- Great patioOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We went for brunch, and was seated on the patio overlooking the marina and lake, view was fantastic. Service was prompt and discreet. Brunch menu was extensive but price is not cheap. Quality of food was good but not exceptional (just what you expected for brunch). Coffee was fresh strong and came in a big mug. I will definitely return for brunch on a sunny day and may be in the evening to try their dinner with a different night view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Great outdoor patio with wonderful water views. Service was wonderful but food selection limited and food quality average.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spot by the LakeAbbeyDined on 8/24/2014We normally enjoy great food and terrific service at The Port. Noticed this summer that service is slower and attention to a fabulous hot meal has suffered, particularly on the patio. Would like to see more items on the menu for fall so we can continue to enjoy this great spot. Love the duck perogies so please keep those!Special Features:
- SunshineDined on 8/22/2014First time at Port - Dining, Bar, Patio. Wonderful way to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was great and the ambiance was just right. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great near-by restaurantyums24Dined on 8/18/2014Love this restaurant, its great for special occasions. The food isn't all that amazing but everything else makes up for it, like great wine, great ambiance, great view, great location (neighborhood gem)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and good food.luv2eatDined on 8/18/2014My friends and I went the other night to celebrate a birthday. It was a beautiful summer evening and enjoyed our dinner while looking out at the water. The food was delish and the service and staff were friendly and accommodating. I will definitely share this gem with my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday lunchHungrychickDined on 8/17/2014I had had lunch here in the winter and wanted to take in the view again in all it's summer glory. I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant has a beautiful location looking out onto Lake Ontario. The service was very good. The hostess was courteous and our waitress was very helpful and gracious. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner - the Waffles and fried chicken and my dining partner had great fish and chips. The batter on the fish (Haddock) was that perfect golden crispy texture. I will definitely be back. Afterwards we drove a few blocks down to the waterfront and had a walk on the boardwalk. I was a wonderful afternoon excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for 50th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Took my parents for their 50th Anniversary. They we very happy with the entire evening. Food, service,, everything was spot on. We had a nice table with some privacy right by the window over looking the marina. The Port is one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were out for our anniversary - nice special evening out.Special Features:
- wineanddinegirlDined on 8/10/2014Had a great dining experience! They offered a cameniere which we ordered and was exceptional. Don't find too many spots that offer this grape varietal. Kudos to Port!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Happened?BirdieVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been here several times and always enjoyed the experience. Not this time! Asked for a table in the bar area and then waited for 10 minutes while they set up on the PATIO for us. Meanwhile, several tables were prepared and waiting in the bar area. Once seated in the bar, We ordered appetizers. Two had salad, two ordered oysters. The salad eaters were finished before the oysters appeared. Fish and chips, which used to be a specialty, are now quite average. Two ordered seafood carbonara. One had the sundried tomatoes as advertised. The other did not! Then we got a note from Open Table to say that we didn't honour our reservation! The only saving grace was the effort made by our server. She deserves an EXCELLENT rating.Special Features:
- Could be betternonameDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was physically appealing and the view was fantastic. Our server was sweet and attentive. The problem was that the hostess wasn't welcoming and made us feel as if we were an inconvenience. Interaction with this hostess, twice, soured our visit. Unfortunately, there were no condiments on the table and the preserves for brunch weren't brought to the table when we asked for them for the toast (the person who pours the water forgot to let the server know). The food was average and my friend found that her scrambled egg portion was very small. Due to the lack of preserves, the server managed to arrange a deduction in the bill which was very kind of her to do so as we didn't request this. We'd return for the view.Special Features:
- Smoked OutGustafstonDined on 8/9/2014Having recently moved back from B.C. to Ontario after a 5-year stay, I was appalled to discover that what would otherwise be a wonderful patio - was spoiled by cigarette smoke. In B.C., smoking is not allowed on a restaurant/bar patio. Anywhere. Ever. Port is a terrific restaurant with great service and exceptional food - - however the drawing card just may be their magnificent patio overlooking frenchman's bay. This type of experience is rare to Ontario, as (unlike the West Coast) the waterfronts of most of the provice (and throughout the Great Lakes) are largely underdeveloped. I can only surmise that because Port essentially has a monopoly in the Durham region due to their patio, they would be best served by butting out completely.Special Features:
- Food was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014They would do better if they embraced what they have locally and skipped the rest. The seafood pasta was not good. Cornbread was excellent. Very nice view and outdoor dining.Special Features:
- YummyEatingOutDined on 8/4/2014Good food and ambiance. Worth the visit. It's become one if our favourite places in Pickering.Special Features:
- Great PotentialpleasedtoeatDined on 8/3/2014My parents have ate at Port a couple times and told us these great stories about the food, so I came in with high expectations. The restaurant was very nice and the quality appeared to be there. Our meals were fairly good, my husband raved about his Steak Burger but meal didn't meet expectations. The Bacon Mac and Cheese though tasty was very watery. The Kale Chips had great flavour but just a little under done. I will still give Port another chance.Special Features:
- sunset surprisetf00Dined on 8/1/2014really nice, west-facing wall of windows to offset dining room and pier-set tables. great view of the lake and part of the marina with a menu for all tastes. interestign decor. going back soon for another sampling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jschaafsDined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent and the serivce was very good. The red wine was warm when it came to our table. This concerns me as I would wonder how it is stored. The noise level in the dining room was also a bit high.Special Features:
- Always goodElleJayDined on 7/27/2014Sunday brunch at Port is always good. Love those $7 Double Caesars or $5 Mimosas! Lots of food choices, including several versions of Eggs Benedict, and Port is now also offering a couple of "specials" in addition to the regular Sunday brunch menu. Service is always excellent and there's a great view of the marinas at Frenchman's Bay. Outdoor or indoor dining is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerAndyDined on 7/25/2014I don't know why this restaurant gets bad raps every once in awhile. Our experience on Friday evening was great .... good food, excellent service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- TaffyDined on 7/25/2014We looked at the menu on line and had chosen beef tenderloin only to find it was not on the menu - in fact we found the menu limited.Regarding the wine list we would have liked to see more choice by glass. Our favourite is Zinfandel which was not available except by bottle.
- Beautiful view!!AlkyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Reserved a table but still had to wait about 20 minutes for one at the patio. Wine and food were very tasty but the portions were relatively small. $200 for 3 people and we didn't even order main courses. Would only go there again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We were a group of 8 and everyone enjoyed their meal. There were no complaints.Special Features:
- DisappointingDinner4TwoDined on 7/19/2014Our server was knowledgeable however failed to advise us of any specials. Water glass was spotted and looked dirty at which time our server quickly removed it from the table, and switched it with another glass from an adjacent table. Draft beer choices were limited, one out of stock. Wine list was average. I ordered the Beef Ribs and received Beef strips. The meat was overcooked and had fallen off the bone and lay pilled on top of fries which were now soggy. dinner fell well below expectation. Heres hoping next time there is an improvement or it may be our last time. They have one of the nicest patios in Pickering, too bad it was closed (weather)
- Port Restaurant anniversary dinner.Comida44Dined on 7/18/2014Pleasantly greeted at the door. We were directed to a booth which was a romantic and quiet spot for our anniversary dinner. The wine selection was good and the food was excellent and the steaks we ordered were prepared exactly as requested. Our server was pleasant and attentive but not overbearing. We had an enjoyable experience and would recommend it to others.Special Features: