941 W Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chicagoporkchop.com/
- Phone: 3127339333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm to Midnight
Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Porkchop
Porkchop is restaurant and bar that dishes out an urban interpretation of a Southern backwoods experience. It is an unapologetically unpretentious neighborhood party spot serving gourmet Southern comfort food and BBQ, and featuring an innovative ‘lowbrow’ bar program with some of the world’s top whiskeys. Porkchop serves brunch, lunch, dinner and late night on Randolph Street, and will provide service for all three-meal periods and late into the evening at its Hyde Park location. The music is edgy and eclectic; live music will be a steady feature in Hyde ParkContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Porkchop - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Porkchop reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- OutstandingBobbyDined on 10/14/2014This was our first time at Porkchop and will certainly not be our last. The starter selections are phenomenal. The gumbo and BBQ combination was delicious. To end the evening we had the bacon glazed warm donuts, totally unbelievable! This place is just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ!ChiTownfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Went to Porkchop on a double date this past Saturday and had a fantastic time. Very attentive wait staff and really good BBQ. I'd suggest the the sausage lollipops to start, the ribs, and you have to try to the cornbread! Great night, no complaints.Special Features:
- Really good bbqEnjoysgoodeatsDined on 10/10/2014The menu was hard to choose from because everything looked so good. Some standouts were the bacon wrapped shrimp, ribs w/ fries and slaw, baked beans, and the cornbread w/ the melted honey butter (mmmmm). The warm donut w/ drizzled icing, powdered sugar and bacon bits on top was TO DIE FOR. The beer and whiskey selection is really good as well. Highly recommend for someone who wants a laid back bbq eating and boozing experience!Special Features:
- Fun and good foodLovetoeatDined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent and very welcomed. The cream spinach is to die for and most places make it with to much cream. The blue cheese was just delicious. The brisket was very good. I would go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pulled Pork SandwichDFIDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Was worried about mixed reviews. Went for a bite on a week night. No crowds, no hassles. If you are looking for a happening scene during the week, go somewhere else. If you want a good pulled pork sandwich at a reasonable price with good service, go here. Fries were good, though they are stingy with the cole slaw
- Perfect work dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I can imagine this place to be pretty busy on the weekends, but was very quiet on a Tuesday evening. It was perfect for a work dinner, so we could talk and conduct business while enjoying the wonderful food and even better drinks. A great beer and whiskey bar I'd recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014I was expecting a little bit more from Porkchop. We had the hush puppies and macaroni and cheese for appetizers. The macaroni and cheese was bland overall and disappointing. The main courses were much better as we enjoyed the fried porkchop. The sauces were very good. Drinks were ok, service was spotty.
- Just didn't do it for meAndyDined on 8/17/2014I assumed, given the locale of the restaurant and the fact that they were opening up new locations across the city that this place would be top notch. Everything was OK and that's it. We were one of only 3 or 4 groups dining there on Sunday at noon. Nearby establishments had lines out the door. Not terrible but I would not recommend to a friend.
- My first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014The waitress was really nice. I tired the pull pork sandwich. The sweet potatoe fries were great!!!! Different types of drink special we're a great new experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We were excited about eating here because everything on the menu sounded so good. The service and setting were great, but unfortunately, the flavors didn't live up to our expectations. The elotes and hushpuppies were okay but nothing exceptional. The fried chicken was good, but the potatoes and green beans that it came with weren't great. The pulled pork had much more bread than pork, but the flavor of the pork was good. The food in general could have used a bit more seasoning. The drinks were just okay. The descriptions had us hopeful, but you couldn't taste any of the ingredients in the drink. Overall, the food wasn't bad enough to send back, but we wouldn't dine here again.
- Standard BBQ Placechif00dsceneDined on 7/25/2014This is a standard bbq place. Would be great somewhere like Lincoln Park, but in the middle of the meat packing district and being surrounded by foodie havens, it was a bit disappointing by comparison. You just expect a great dining experience being on Randolph these days and this was pretty average.Special Features:
- Best Damn SandwichTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/13/2014The Mouthful. Get it and you will not be disappointed. If you don't like it, it's on me.Special Features:
- Loved the foodmrsbaldwinDined on 7/6/2014Chelsea was our waitress she was wonderful and funny. The food was delicious. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food made worsechicagonewbiesVIPDined on 6/26/2014made worse by poor service. When we asked for details of items on the menu, the server did not know and did not bother to check.
- The following 243 reviews are from the Porkchop reviews archive.
- Mediocre BarbequeDomer84VIPDined on 6/14/2014We started off on the wrong foot by dining at Porkchop during the Taste of Randolph. The restaurant was not running as smoothly as I suspect it does during normal operations. It took over twenty minutes to get the first round of drinks, and second round took almost as long. The food was very long in coming, and the quality poor. The barbeque chicken was overcooked and dry. The wedge salad-- at at cost of $10!-- was not as billed, with six scant pieces of bacon on the brownish lettuce and two or three crumbles of bleu cheese. The waiter was overworked and inattentive. I would not even make the effort to give this place a second chance. It does not deserve to sit on Chicago's "restaurant row."Special Features:
- Delicious food and dirty bathroomsWestlooperDined on 6/13/2014It was a really busy Friday night, they were dealing with multiple large groups. We were seated quickly, our sever didn't acknowledge us for five minutes. We got splinters from the table. We placed our drink and food order all at once, it took over ten minutes to receive our drinks. The food arrived right after, it was so amazing! Our server never checked on our meals or offered us another beverage. We had to ask for silverware which took a few minutes to get, it was still wet from being washed. The bathrooms were overflowing with trash and obvious accidents. It was disgusting, hopefully the employees have their own bathroom. Maybe that's why she didn't offer us a second drink. Food was the most delicious BBQ in this part of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodMediocreDined on 6/7/2014The food was mediocre because it was bland. The portion size was large for the price. The chicken fried porkchop is huge and thick, but didn't taste like anything. The best thing there is the cornbread. It's sweet and yummy.
- Strictly BBQalmaDined on 5/17/2014Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items. Stick to BBQ items and fried chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We were very satisfied with our experience here at Porkchop. I decided to take my boyfriend here for his birthday and he was very pleased. The service was quick and friendly. We were a little late for our reservation but had no trouble being seated right away. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous. We will be back for seconds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good lunch outing!KimmyDined on 5/2/2014I came to Porkchop with 2 coworkers for lunch. The food was very good, sausage lollipop are Great, ribs very tender and worth returning for. The mac & cheese needs work and the fish tacos were tasty! Overall the food was great but the service is a bit slow! They need to step it up a bit especially during lunch time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dive in Wrong NeoghborhoodCheers1114Dined on 4/27/2014The cooks are lazy as not everything is prepared when order. For example the French fries were barely warm, also I ordered the fried green tomato BLT. Sounds good right? Well, the green tomatoes were not fried when order as they were also barely warm. The bacon was cooked to order which made the sandwich reasonable for consumption. The wait staff, Chelsea, was mediocre at best. We asked to switch tables when being seated and she said sure but she left us to grab the menus to bring to the next table. I ordered sweet potato fries with my sandwich; when the food comes I had regular fries and sweet potato. She didn't bother to point out the sandwich came with fries.
- friday niteBIGSSiderVIPDined on 4/25/2014good menu small portions good time been there before but it missing somethingI would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsvaughnDined on 4/24/2014I recommended Porkchop to a visiting friend who loves whiskey. All of my previous times were stellar, so I was very disappointed in the service this time around. There was only one waitress on duty, but no hostess and no bartender. Luckily, it was practically empty but she still took forever to brings us our drinks and take our order. We saw her looking up how to make our cocktails, and when she finally did figure it out, she brought two of the same beverage. Neither was the one I ordered. She apologized for the slip-ups, saying she'd been "thrown to the wolves" but my question is why was she even in that position in the first place? I never saw a manager or anyone who looked like upper level staff. As I said, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porkchop -- great choiceGumboDined on 4/2/2014My son chose this restaurant. I thought it was a place for just BBQ however they had a variety of different food choices and beer choices too! great casual dining place !Special Features:
- RibsMartyDined on 3/25/2014Best ribs that I can remember and I really enjoy ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BBQ!KateDined on 3/24/2014The food is amazing! Everything was really good and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleased overall withJoyHDined on 3/16/2014We were pleased overall with food and decor. They have high chairs but no kids menu. We had to "self-serve" our own small plates after apps arrived, I asked waitress for small plates when they should have automatically brought them to the table prior to food arriving. We waited on waitress so long that our pulled pork tacos became cold. This was my mother's 71st birthday and she had to get our plates so we could eat. They kept trying to give me my son's food when i asked the server to bring it with the meal. Serivce not good at all but I would go back to try other items on the menu and be prepare for subpar/bad service...If service was MUCH BETTER, it would have been a great experience...please train wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About the Ambiancevw88Dined on 3/15/2014It is hard to have a bad time when some of your all time favorite songs are playing, the beer list holds several of your favorite obscure beers, and the server is quick and friendly! The food was absolutely excellent as well. Two in our group had the hamburgers, one had the mouthful pulled pork sandwich, and I had the smoked chicken with house sauce which was magnificent! I was picking at the bones at the very end! We had the maple bacon doughnuts as well - but while they were wonderful they were a bit rich for our taste. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBluesBassManDined on 3/15/2014Food was well prepared, fresh and hot. Wait staff was courteous and friendly. Tight space but I didn't feel closed in. Would recommend Pork Chop to anyone who may be seeking a change from the typical BBQ restaurants located in the city. Prices were great for the amount of food I gotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggo BurgerjamoranVIPDined on 3/15/2014When I ordered a Hippie - the veggie burger - I did not expect a frozen Morningstar patty, available at Jewel for about 89 cents. To me it's like going out for breakfast and getting served an Eggo waffle. My corner dive bar serves a homemade veggie burger. For shame.
- Deep Fried Ribs- where else?KixsombutVIPDined on 3/7/2014Ribs were tender, with a smokey flavorful dry rub. It has just enough kick, to keep you going back for more. Also the deep fried ribs appetizer was super yummy, served with horse radish potatoes and bacon that makes me want to order a second round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedLizMDined on 3/7/2014The food was cold, they were out of every beer on tap I inquired about. Also, the hostess stuck us at a communal table with a large group of 14 that turned into 18 at the end of the night. We were very snug and uncomfortable.
- pork chop was a pleasant surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/27/2014pork chop was a pleasant surprise. we had a variety of items and everything was good. loved the dessert portion size. this is worth going back again and again!Special Features:
- Not Impressedcw1984Dined on 2/21/2014The decor is nice, somewhat trendy and cozy. I was sitting off to the side of the restaurant where there were three 2-person tables towards the back. My chair was pushed in, but there is clearly not enough room for people to get around since the area is to small, the waitress (rather rudely) kept telling me to scoot in, but there was nowhere for me to go! The food was decent, I had the pulled pork tacos. I found the meat to be really bland with no taste, needed salt, and the taco shell completely disintegrated and I had to eat them with a fork. The best thing about the restaurant was the atmosphere and the beer list, but that's not enough for me to go back. The service was pretty rude and the food didn't compensate, better luck elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great BBQDavidDDined on 2/21/2014Second time dining. We had an early reservation and had a tight dining window to catch a Bulls game. Our waitress got our orders in quickly and was patient in guiding us through drinks. Porkchop offer several different bourbon flights and our server was knowledgeable about all of them. One person in our party has several food allergies and gave the server a card listing them. She took it back to the kitchen and was able to tell our friend what to avoid. The ribs still had some chew and weren't over boiled. The sauces were each distinctive, the main ingredient (vinegar or chipotle) wasn't overpowering. Save room for the warm maple bacon donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- porkchopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This was a great find for us! We're from Michigan and wanted to find a nice restaurant. Everything was amazing! You are fed well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midnight Find in ChicagoQDaneenDined on 2/15/2014On my recent trip to Chicago, we wanted a place for late night dinner and drinks. After searching OpenTable for a open restaurant and table, we took a cab to the restaurant and enjoyed dinner and drinks. It was rather quiet for a Valentine's Friday night but our server was great and the food was great eventhough we had arrived just before the kitchen closed. It was easy to get to by cab and easy to catch a cab back to our hotel. I would highly recommend this place to friends and visit next I return to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh doughnut covered in bacon bitPlanetBobDined on 2/10/2014Enough said. It was awesome as was the rest of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't return...ChicagoFoodieDined on 2/6/2014The first issue with this place is the parking. They don't have valet during lunch hours which means we spent approximately 20 minutes driving around looking for a place to park. The food we had was incredibly mediocre. The chowder was bland, the pulled pork sandwich didn't taste very "barbeque-y", it had a sweetness to it that I just wasn't really liking. The bread pudding dessert was a bit rubbery. The service was decent, the ambiance was nice, but if I'm going back to a restaurant it's the food that needs to be on point, and this food was just...so-so.
- Food was greatpeanutmandmDined on 1/25/2014Food was excellent, but they seemed short staffed. We ordered two beers, took over 10 minutes to get them despite being next to the bar and maybe two people sitting at the bar? I don't blame our server, it seems as though she was spread thin and management was at fault. Appetizer and soup/salad come to the table at the same time, seemed a little cluttered and timing was off.