2730 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
Frankfort Ave - Crescent Hill
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porcinilouisville.com/
- Phone: 5028948686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5;30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef John Plymale
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From annual meetings and product launches to milestone celebrations and holiday parties, Porcini has the experience and success record to assure that every Special Event in our restaurant is flawless.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Murphy 5028948686x
A word from Porcini
Established in 1992, Porcini is an award-winning restaurant. Located in the Historic Crescent Hill neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky, we specialize in Northern Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Porcini reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (65)romantic (63)notable wine list (40)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (36)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TreatSam3vvDined on 9/11/2014We haven't been to Porcini's in years. It was a pleasant surprise how good the food and service were. 3 out 4 main courses were great only the short-ribs were tough. I had the Pesce (Shrimp, Scallops, Mussels, Fresh Fish, Clams, Squid, Angel Hair Pasta, in a Spicy Tomato Broth. It was wonderful! The two others had the salmon and said it was good. We will definitely be back sooner this time.
- Great place to eatlive2eatDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here many times and it only gets better. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablefuudyDined on 9/3/2014A Louisville favorite for well executed Italian food. Flavorful and mindful menu accompanied by a well built wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DressNdineDined on 8/30/2014Once you know about this delightful restaurant, you will go back over and over again. Unless you know about it, you can easily drive right by without ever seeing it. So put it in your GPS and make your reservation. The food preparation and presentation was lovely, and our waiter was helpful and responsive. We enjoyed the food and the cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerNoSparksDined on 8/27/2014We were referred to Porcini by the bartender at our hotel. She said it would be great, and she was absolutely correct!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishluvlouavuleatsDined on 8/23/2014Took an out of town friend who was in need of a good italian fix. He was pleasantly surprised with the menu choices, both quality and quantity and will definately put this on his GO-TO list when visiting Louisville!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedrt11riderDined on 8/23/2014Slow service, food was average and way to noisy. Won't be back.
- Just an off night, we hope.Jackie1961Dined on 8/23/2014Great all around except service. Server was a bit distracted the entire evening. Didn't receive drinks, refills in a timely manner throughout the entire dinner. Then finally received port wine after everyone else was already finished with dessert. Not enjoyable when you feel you are holding up the group. Very slow service. No apologies or acknowlegement. Brought new neighbors from out of town. Not as impressive as we have previously experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible serviceNewToLouDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing and I would go back but takeout only. The service...the waiter completely disappeared once the food came. After requests to two bussers to find him and waiting 10 extra minutes, he came back to check on us. He said he was serving the large party in the private room and, as they were an important group and the restaurant was so short staffed, he was delayed in getting back to us. This was a Saturday night. When I asked to speak to a manager, the manager's only concern seemed to be how waiter had said what he said - not service that was (not) provided to us. Never once were the words "apology" or "sorry" uttered. We left - had a nice dessert elsewhere. I shall take my 'unimportant' money to another restaurant next time.
- A taste of Roma for twoNattytableDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have been to this fine Italian bistro once before about two years ago. We both really enjoyed the ambience there as well as the food. Second time around it didn't disappoint. Very flavorful gnocchi and fettucine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful dinner. Perfect atmosphere for a relaxed business dinner. Great atmosphere and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014First time at porcini"s and will definitely go back. Service was attentive but not over bearing. Food was flavorful and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a great time on our last night in Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming from an Italian...MoMof6Dined on 8/16/2014Having grown up in an Italian family that owned restaurants, I can honestly say this is my all time favorite Italian restaurant. Not only is the food on point, it is spot on every time my husband and I dine here. The staff is extremely knowledgeable with both the food and the wine list. I can't say enough positives about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Eveningmelodyk99Dined on 8/13/2014Nothing to complain about, just nothing spectacular. So many other great restaurants in that price range that I wouldn't bother again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/11/2014Best linguini w white wine sauce we've had in 15 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner during PGA ChampionshipMarkBDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I traveled from Lexington and were looking for a nice Italian restaurant. Great news....we found it. the only downside to the dining experience was that the menu was limited due to the large volume of patrons they were expecting. Nevertheless, the food was absolutely outstanding. The service was excellent as well. If you are in the Louisville area, I would definitely put this restaurant on your list. Having had the opportunity to previously dine in Boston's North End on multiple occasions, this restaurant would have no problems fitting in. I look forward to being able to visit Porcinis in the future.Special Features:
- menuRSDerbyDined on 8/8/2014Overall rating very good, but a bit disapointed that they were not offering their full menu that is on their website. Had a very limited menu on Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodFreshDined on 8/8/2014Even though the menu was abbreviated (Valhalla) and the shrimp in one entree was overcooked. Everything else was very good and the server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrskNewburghIndianaLuv2CookDined on 8/7/2014We made our first trip to Porcini during PGA Championship weekend. We had a wonderful meal. The food was outstanding, ample portions, the service was very good and loved the ambiance. Disappointed that the menu wasn't their regular one due to the PGA tournament, but fully understood. One of our companions commented that it was the best sea bass she had ever had. The mushroom bruschetta and fabulous. I had the porterhouse and it was cooked to perfection. Will definitely make a return trip, so that we can try the items that we were looking forward to having. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious by sloppy serviceRbslos36Dined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent but the service was not up to Porcini's usual high level. A mistake was made with a salad and the replacement salad was never brought out. My guest specifically ordered a dish without cheese and the pasta dish was served with...cheese. The restaurant was crowded (very good sign) and our waiter seemed overwhelmed. This is not the typical experience I have had over many years of dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMattyz43Dined on 8/6/2014Food was amazing, was a tad noisey-I didn't mind as it created a "wall of sound" and made private conversation easier. My girlfriend said she loved the atmosphere but wished it was just a little quieter. It was packed and full of life. Great place for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!!BruceDined on 8/5/2014One of the Best meals my wife and I have had in a long time. This is truly a gem!!!! Found it on Open table since we were coming in from out of town for the PGA and wanted enjoy some of the local restaurants. This happened to be the first stop, and after eating here the rest of the restaurants did not quite measure up. Great Job!!!!Special Features:
- Great surprise in CliftonChuckeatsDined on 8/5/2014We were a little skeptical at first. We wanted to have a special place for my wife's birthday. Porcini was awesome! The service was great and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening. as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014We go often and enjoy the menu and location. The staff is well versed and friendly. A good evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMarymountVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fun evening with friends. Great food, will be back.Special Features:
- Porcini's outside is very friendly.besmocksDined on 7/31/2014Being outside was the best part. The menu choices were varied enough to please. Valet parking is nice but dangerous for the parker! The waiter was very attentive to ladies who like attention. Crescent Hill is a comfortable venue with a friendly feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!kytexDined on 7/24/2014Our third of fourth visit over the past year. Food and service always excellent!Special Features:
- Fine Italian foodRKS612VIPDined on 7/24/2014As usual, great service, good drinks and yummy food. Grilled romaine salad delicious, but shrimp with linguini over doused with cheese. Pesce (seafood stew) spicy, full of seafood and outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperiencekjbrinkDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated our 23rd anniversary at Porcini, wonderful food and service. Restaurant was a little loud but it was Saturday night and it was extremely busy. We will definately return our next time in Louisville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeBonnie66Dined on 7/19/2014Great service. Wonderful food! Good time with friends.Special Features:
- Always a great dinnerPeggyVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of my most favorite places for dinner in Louisville Always great food, great service and good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- New2LouisvilleNew2LouisvilleVIPDined on 7/19/2014Terrific place! Food was outstanding. Very experienced staff. Our server had been there 21 years! Fast service and it was clearly a spot to be on Sat night. Very vibrant and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeauOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014great wine recommendation by our server and special treatment at desert time. our best choice for Date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Grouper !!BamaDined on 7/14/2014Grouper was Great ! Service was perfect! Great Night. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I've eaten here many times. Usually the food and service is excellent. On my recent visit, our server was less than exceptional--very slow, rude, forgetful, left lots of dirty dishes on our table and seemed annoyed every time he was at our table. Having worked in this industry myself, there are some things I am very forgiving with and some things I am not. His attitude was just unacceptable. The other staff members that helped were wonderful. I will definitely return, I just will make sure I don't have that server againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Celebration!DentalhyDined on 7/7/2014Our table had a white cloth and set for the two of us. Service was perfect, attentive but not invasive. Wine list was extensive but not overwhelming. I had the caprese salad, my husband had the field greens with the apples and warm vinegarette. Both were fresh and delicious. Warm crusty bread rounded out the appetizers. I had the chicken Marsala, great flavor but would prefer the middle of the breast removed into two smaller filets. The center was a little tough. The chicken carbonara was delicious and enough for leftovers. Chocolate flourless torte and Piña Colada milkshake were perfect dessert choices. Jim, the manager came by to say hello and wish us a Happy Anniversary. Server Bart was friendly and attentive. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & even better serviceLabsDined on 6/30/2014We absolutely love Porcinis. The food was amazing and the closest I have come to real Italian in Louisville. The service was absolutely amazing. Our waiter was really attentive and suggested some great wines. Even after we ordered drinks he brought us a few more to try.Special Features:
- anniversaryhuskervbDined on 6/28/2014We went to Porcini's for our aniversary. We had a great time and a great meal. Service was very attentive and food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Valet parking worked well. Immediate seating was provided and were led directly to our table rather than searching through entire facility. More attention from hostess on what would happen next would have been helpful. Waiter had trouble with specials remembering all details and declaring that she could not remember. Food preparation, presentation and taste was outstanding, congrats to chef and cook staff. Overall the dinner experience was very good. The bruschetta appetizer was delicious and plenty for three adults.Special Features: