2730 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
Frankfort Ave - Crescent Hill
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porcinilouisville.com/
- Phone: (502) 894-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5;30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef John Plymale
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From annual meetings and product launches to milestone celebrations and holiday parties, Porcini has the experience and success record to assure that every Special Event in our restaurant is flawless.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Murphy 5028948686x
A word from Porcini
Established in 1992, Porcini is an award-winning restaurant. Located in the Historic Crescent Hill neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky, we specialize in Northern Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porcini reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (63)romantic (57)hot spot (35)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Yum!FoodfanDined on 11/22/2014In short, you can't go wrong with the food. They have many great selections, and the food is well prepared. The devil is in the details. We asked for a cocktail menu, to which our server said was in the wine menu, but it was not. When he finally returned, his response was, oh, I guess you got an old menu. There shouldn't be an old menu, and he should have fixed it. But the real thing that bugged me is that he wanted to serve us like we were at Denny's. I get why the waiter wants to flip the table--more tips. But people come to restaurants like this to enjoy an evening with good food and good company. It leaves a bad taste in patron's mouths to feel rushed when spending this much. I am happy to pay these prices, I just don't want to be rushed through it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, great food, good priceAhappydinerDined on 11/19/2014Had an excellent meal with friends. Hats off to our server and our plate runner. I thought I had ordered a pasta dish when in fact I ordered a pizza. The mistake was handled with apologies being given all around - including my own. I have gone to Porcini's since they have been in existence - almost 25 years, and I have yet to have a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherePc1029VIPDined on 11/18/2014Family dinner...very enjoyable with wine, pizza, tortellini & delicious entree. Always a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erikamDined on 11/14/2014Menu selection was great as well as the wine list. A bit overpriced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTripDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I reserved a table on a Friday night, we were celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary. When we got to the restaurant, it was very busy (hour and 15 minutes wait). Since we had reservations, we got seated immediately. The waiter greeted us and wished us a happy anniversary, got our drinks, and gave us time to look over the menu. I ended up getting the 14 oz New York strip steak and my wife got the pasta and jumbo shrimp. Waited brought our drinks and some bread with dipping oil, great bread and oil. We did not have any appetizers since we wanted to save room for dessert. food was great and good portions. After when we asked for a dessert menu, they already had a special teramiso made for us free, so we left an extra tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PorciniSteveDined on 11/7/2014Porcinis has excellent service and along with Volare the best Italian restaurants in the city. The prices are not out of line with other "fine dining" places. It has been open for about 20 years with the same owner and chef. The servers and assistants are well trained and water glasses filled, wine replenished, tables cleaned. Leftovers were packaged in the kitchen and made a great lunch the next day. A little loud, but the place was packed so it can't really be helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to be a regularfoodmanDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I felt that we were constantly overlooked both at the bar and at dinner because we were not regular customers. The tables around us received warm welcomes, bread, drink orders were taken promptly while we waited for 25 minutes til we got anything other than water. The food was very good and once we were able to order we received everything somewhat quickly. We were just turned off at being ignored at the bar and once we were finally seated, while other diners received handshakes and friendly greetings.Special Features:
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Have lived just outside of l-ville my entire life. Glad to finally have the opportunity to experience Porcini's! The food was fresh, original and well plated!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner at PorciniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014My friends and I took a trip to Kentucky (first time for all 5 of us). For my birthday I wanted good Italian food, and Porcini was listed on Open Table as a Top 10. Beginning to end the experience was lovely and delicious!! The ambiance was just right for enjoying good food and conversation (great vibe and pleasant acoustics) and would also be a good spot for a romantic dinner. Our waiter was kind and knowledgeable, and each of us enjoyed every aspect of the dinner--cocktails, wine appetizers, salads and entrees--every one delicious! Wonderful time!!Special Features:
- Reliably delicious!GirlFromTheHoodDined on 10/20/2014I love this place! I used to live within walking distance, but it's well worth a drive anytime! The food is excellent, as is the service and the surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deepwater1Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were superb. We will definitely eat there again when we are in Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomboJDined on 10/18/2014Food good, service just okay, way too noisy. Lighting is way too dark. We couldn't read menu without flashlight. Could have more variety on menu. Good location on Frankfort avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummoDinner01Dined on 10/17/2014Great atmosphere. Love that u can spend $15 on an entree or 30. I got the chicken Marsala and substituted the risotto of the day our for the potatoes. Outstanding! Romaine salad is wonderful! And the tiramisu-spectacular. Not on the dessert menu but they always have it, cannoli and the Italian cream cake. All of my friends loved their pasta and dessert too! Need to make that place a regur spot for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Service was excellent..food delicious!!! always a delightful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLoveToDineDined on 10/4/2014Delicious food, great service, relaxing atmosphere. Will definitely visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Porcini'sRPMcNVIPDined on 9/30/2014For 23 or so years Tim has made porcini like a home to so many of us in Louisville--not a restaurant but a second home, with impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouFoodieDined on 9/29/2014I have eaten here many times and would normally give it 5 stars but my filet came out charred on the outside and it took a long time to get the second replacement one out. Also, it was at the end of the evening but I felt our group was rushed and we were not even offered dessert. I usually have no complaints about this typically consistent restaurant; must have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningsearchforfabulousVIPDined on 9/29/2014We dined on the patio and enjoyed the evening tremendously. Server was knowledgeable and attentive, wine list extensive and food excellent! We were in town on business (first time in Louisville) and were very pleased with this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average - but not greatzackDined on 9/27/2014Great surrounding and decor. Slightly too dark. Busy (Saturday night) in a good way. Food was overall average, with some notable highs and lows. Appetizers were clumsy and amateurish (Calamari, Bruschetta). My salad (beets & goat cheese) was outstanding, while the apple Gorgonzola salad was too sweet. Entrees were a mix - Pesche dish was nearly perfect, except Calamari was rubbery. Steak was very good. Chicken Marsala - worse than Olive Garden. Wines were good, and desserts very good, apple cheese cake was outstanding. Server was good when we saw him, which wasn't often enough.Special Features:
- AnonymousVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were referred to Porcini by a regular customer with whom we met earlier in the day. Great place. The ambient lighting is very nice, layout of the tables is ideal, noise level is tolerable. My husband ordered the short ribs and was disappointed. They were fatty, piled on a peppery tasting watery blob of polenta. The stalk of broccoli sat on this polenta as well...but eventually is was just one big plate of polenta. Not very good at all. However, my salmon was excellent! So we shared that. In spite of the disappointing short rib meal, we enjoyed the evening. Just steer clear of the short ribs.Special Features:
- will go againcrescenthillnewbieDined on 9/19/2014Our entrees were excellent, the desserts were just OK. The restaurant and patio are beautiful but sadly, they allow smoking on the patio, right at the table. I'll go again but I'll be sure and sit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Ambiance & Italian CuisineDozeKnowsDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful corner table for our party of six and the evening began with a very attentive waiter who took our drink order. While sipping our favorite wine choices we perused the menu. The dilema of the evening was deciding which appealing entre to select. I personally tend to stick to favorites and decided to venture out with the Veal Scalopine after an awesome Calaprese salad. The veal was perfectly prepared with a side of vibrant fresh green beesn and potatoes. My spouse went with the Red Snapper special and after trying a bite I have now decided to venture out in the future with fish. Great ambiance, amazing staff and this quaint neighborhood restaurant is now a family favorite. We can't wait to explore further!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of regular guestsheartyjanDined on 9/16/2014Good food and a pleasing environment. The owner circulates to see the regulars but didn't seem to care about us first timers. Don't think we will return; it's a very clique-ish setting.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant!WemusteatouttoomouchDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have eaten at most of Louisville's best restaurants over the last 20+ years and Porcini's ranks consistently at the top! The pasta dishes are always great but the Filetto Peppe Nero (a filet sitting on top of a bed of gnocchi, yum!) is one of the best meals ever!!! I love the wedge salad and one of my favorite appetizer's ever is the fried goat cheese sitting in marinara with bread to soak it all up. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatSam3vvDined on 9/11/2014We haven't been to Porcini's in years. It was a pleasant surprise how good the food and service were. 3 out 4 main courses were great only the short-ribs were tough. I had the Pesce (Shrimp, Scallops, Mussels, Fresh Fish, Clams, Squid, Angel Hair Pasta, in a Spicy Tomato Broth. It was wonderful! The two others had the salmon and said it was good. We will definitely be back sooner this time.
- Great place to eatlive2eatDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here many times and it only gets better. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablefuudyDined on 9/3/2014A Louisville favorite for well executed Italian food. Flavorful and mindful menu accompanied by a well built wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DressNdineDined on 8/30/2014Once you know about this delightful restaurant, you will go back over and over again. Unless you know about it, you can easily drive right by without ever seeing it. So put it in your GPS and make your reservation. The food preparation and presentation was lovely, and our waiter was helpful and responsive. We enjoyed the food and the cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerNoSparksDined on 8/27/2014We were referred to Porcini by the bartender at our hotel. She said it would be great, and she was absolutely correct!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishluvlouavuleatsDined on 8/23/2014Took an out of town friend who was in need of a good italian fix. He was pleasantly surprised with the menu choices, both quality and quantity and will definately put this on his GO-TO list when visiting Louisville!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedrt11riderDined on 8/23/2014Slow service, food was average and way to noisy. Won't be back.
- Just an off night, we hope.Jackie1961Dined on 8/23/2014Great all around except service. Server was a bit distracted the entire evening. Didn't receive drinks, refills in a timely manner throughout the entire dinner. Then finally received port wine after everyone else was already finished with dessert. Not enjoyable when you feel you are holding up the group. Very slow service. No apologies or acknowlegement. Brought new neighbors from out of town. Not as impressive as we have previously experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible serviceNewToLouDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing and I would go back but takeout only. The service...the waiter completely disappeared once the food came. After requests to two bussers to find him and waiting 10 extra minutes, he came back to check on us. He said he was serving the large party in the private room and, as they were an important group and the restaurant was so short staffed, he was delayed in getting back to us. This was a Saturday night. When I asked to speak to a manager, the manager's only concern seemed to be how waiter had said what he said - not service that was (not) provided to us. Never once were the words "apology" or "sorry" uttered. We left - had a nice dessert elsewhere. I shall take my 'unimportant' money to another restaurant next time.
- A taste of Roma for twoNattytableDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have been to this fine Italian bistro once before about two years ago. We both really enjoyed the ambience there as well as the food. Second time around it didn't disappoint. Very flavorful gnocchi and fettucine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful dinner. Perfect atmosphere for a relaxed business dinner. Great atmosphere and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014First time at porcini"s and will definitely go back. Service was attentive but not over bearing. Food was flavorful and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a great time on our last night in Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming from an Italian...MoMof6Dined on 8/16/2014Having grown up in an Italian family that owned restaurants, I can honestly say this is my all time favorite Italian restaurant. Not only is the food on point, it is spot on every time my husband and I dine here. The staff is extremely knowledgeable with both the food and the wine list. I can't say enough positives about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Eveningmelodyk99Dined on 8/13/2014Nothing to complain about, just nothing spectacular. So many other great restaurants in that price range that I wouldn't bother again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/11/2014Best linguini w white wine sauce we've had in 15 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.