1000 E Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vivapoquitos.com/
- Phone: (206) 453-4216
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11:30am-2:00am
11:30am-3:00pm Weekend Brunch
4:00pm-6:00pm Happy Hour
11:00pm-1:00am Late Night Food
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Manny Arce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our covered, four season atrium is available to be reserved for larger parties Sunday-Thursday. The area features a beautiful outdoor bar, two fireplaces, and radiant heat benches.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Elkins 2064534216x
A word from Poquitos
Poquitos offers authentic presentations of traditional Mexican cuisine while utilizing the regional benefit of high quality Northwest farms and purveyors. Over 14,000 Talavera tiles from Puebla, Mexico and a variety of Mexican artisan design pieces combine to create an environment that is unique not only to Capitol Hill but Seattle as well. Our outdoor covered patio, with radiant heat, two fireplaces, and 12-seat bar is enjoyable whether for a Sunday lunch or a Friday night cocktail. Please note: online reservations requesting patio are not guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Poquitos reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)Show More
- Perfect every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The special drink was very good, I had 2. It was a fresh cranberry, aged maple syrup Marg. The sweetness with the salted rim was a perfect balance. The recommended Tequila was great. Barrel aged giving it a distinct vanilla scent and finish. The entree special was amazing. Some braised pork thing with those crazy house made incredible tortillas. The special guac with the Pom seeds was heavenly. The special ceviche was the stuff that dreams are made of. I've never tasted anything like it. The service by every person in the place is kind, quick and attentive. Special mention is deserved once again by our server Dav. That's D-ahh-vuh. We love him. We tried to take him across the street for Mudhoney at Neumos with our group. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mole was AMAZINGsparooVIPDined on 11/3/2014I had just got into Seattle and was staying in the area and wanted to grab a bite with a friend. We came across Poquitos. The restaurant has a great illuminated sign in the front, so you cant miss it. The food was delicious also. I had the Chicken Mole Enchilladas - wow! The Mole sauce was incredible! The portion was also substantial. The dessert sounded great but I just didnt have room. Will I be back? Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backSeattle001Dined on 11/1/2014I don't know how I haven't heard of this restaurant before. I went on a whim since they had an opening for date night with my boyfriend. After my first bite , I already know I couldn't wait to come back. The food was amazing, drinks were good, and staff was very friendly. If you like Mexican food... this is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSalmonFet1VIPDined on 10/26/2014Awesome find on Capital Hill. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Very enjoyable experience, service was attentive and very pleasant right from the start of walking through the door. The place is beautiful too and although I didn't sit on the "patio" I hear it's great....so next time I'll be out there!Special Features:
- Yummy Mole Enchiladasdancer55Dined on 10/11/2014My friend and I had a very enjoyable dinner at Poquitos. We had the fresh guacamole and chips - amazing. She ordered tacos and I had the chicken mole enchiladas. The portions were generous and I loved the mole enchiladas. Lots of shredded chicken in a thick and delicious mole sauce. I also had a Poquitos margarita that was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Hands down the best Carnitas we ever had!! Sat in the patio area very lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a veggie point of viewVegfoodseekerDined on 9/21/2014I am all about atmosphere and presentation- Poquitos has a full bustling dining room and bar. Fun with interesting decoration. That said, it is somewhat tinny in there with high ceilings and noise reverberates- making it hard to hear at peak times. There was more than one choice for a vegetarian but the obvious choice for me was the Yam tacos. The flavors and spicing were deee-lish! Beans & rice to go with we're also fresh and real not from a can. The guacamole was awesome as well ! There were 5 of us and everyone liked what they ordered. Service was not bad just not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Great guacamole and margaritas! Big portions too. In a cool part of Capitol Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Food AmazingJordanCDined on 9/13/2014Awesome food, our waiter was the best!!! A MUST go!Special Features:
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, great service and great ambiance/decor! Will be back.Special Features:
- New favoriteMyHeartToGuacamoleDined on 9/2/2014I like simple, delicious and healthy Mexican food and my vegan meal of beans and rice, a huuuuge bowl of guac and fantastic salsas fit the bill and filled my stomach! This is my new favorite Seattle restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsKatieKatDined on 8/10/2014The wait staff are super friendly and funny. The food is amazing; you seriously can't go wrong with anything on the menu. My favorites are the ham and egg molletes (brunch/lunch), yam tacos (brunch, lunch or dinner), and chicken mole enchiladas (dinner). One of my favorite brunch spots. The drinks are fantastic, too. One thing I wish they'd put back on the brunch menu is their chipotle hollandaise/black bean/masa boat eggs benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different from what I expectedPhilipDined on 8/3/2014The food was interesting and tasty, but was surprised with what was not on the menu, refried beans. The service was on the slow side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquitos does it righthungryiDined on 7/30/2014From the warm greeting from the hostess, to excellent real Mexican food and a great server it was all we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Poquitos reviews archive.
- Everything was delicious!Owls93VIPDined on 7/22/2014We found Poquitos after reading several reviews that the best Mexican food is in Capital Hill. We narrowed a list down to a handful of restaurants and ultimately chose Poquitos because they make their tortillas and chips fresh, and had a menu of authentic food options and a list of creative drinks. We decided to go during happy hour so we could try different dishes in smaller bites and everything was delicious - from the taquitos to the roasted corn to the brisket tacos and jalapeño margarita and yaulita punch! (going off memory on the names here) This place will not disappoint and was a great find!Special Features:
- Great food / Exceptional serviceDinearoundSEADined on 7/15/2014I went to this restaurant with a group of friends. All of us were able to find things on the menu that we wanted and the food came out quickly - perfectly timed with the drinks and the guacamole appetizer. What stood out to us though was the exceptional service. Not only was our server, Dan (?), always available - without hovering. He also helped to explain the menu and specials and he worked with each of our dietary and allergy needs in the most gracious manner. Good food makes the restaurant ok, good service makes the restaurant great. This was a great restaurant, a great night out and we all walked away with smiles on our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle SceneDoodleDined on 7/10/2014We were in Seattle for my nephew's wedding. I had asked him to recommend something fun and funky for a large group and he recommended Poquitos. It was great--good food, fun and funky, and our server was outstanding. Just loved it!Special Features:
- Unique TasteFreddyDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I each ordered the taco medly. Each of the 3 tacos had a wonderfully unique taste. The Purist Margharita was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time DinnerSeniorDinerVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a group of eight for dinner. This was our first time here. Food and service made us feel welcome and it was good time by all. The chicken enchiladas and fish tacos were very good plus other offerings. We recommend this establishment and will come back in the future to try the whole fish or other specialties.Special Features:
- BigredDined on 6/20/2014Great food. Great service. Great bar. Small plates though. You will need a starter of some kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodmoislandloveDined on 5/28/2014How do you botch Mexican food? It was really bad. The queso dip was almost solid, very hard to spread mound. We didn't even come close to eating it. The main course was a solid so-so. Such a shame because it is a great location with cool interiors. They really missed the boat on the food. Also the drink...I got one of the special margarita beverages, and it was certainly not as thrilling as the description lead me to believe. Definitely do not recommend this place. I hope they get their act together some day!Special Features:
- Great food, but noisyRrose111281Dined on 5/23/2014The food was great with good variety. Service was good, and they accommodated a big group well. My only complaint is it was very noisy. I felt like I had to yell across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Creative MexicanChaveyDined on 5/16/2014Very Friendly Staff, we were welcomed right away. Relaxed and Casual as well.......no Stress dining:) The food was fast, delicious, flavorful, and authentic in many ways. The priced were very reasonable and the creativity in the Kitchen is outstanding. I well return often!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKenaiDined on 4/24/2014A bunch of us enjoyed Dining Out for Life at Poquitos. The good was fantastic and service was quick and friendly. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Good Mexican!Pie4meDined on 3/25/2014The chicken enchiladas were not buried in too much cheese or overwelmed with sauce. The side of rice and beans weren't either. They were both hot and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little let downWishfulthinkingDined on 3/6/2014Average food, above average price. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- thanksluvmexfoodDined on 3/1/2014the hostess and assistant deserve a raise!! they juggled it all and made us very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJosephDined on 2/28/2014Try the Guacamole infused with Bacon!!! Awesome service from start to finish! Will be back!!!Special Features:
- Love it!HeeliDined on 2/28/2014I've always enjoy coming here with friends, and my co-workers and I like coming here for lunch as well! Bar is great, food is delicious, the el pastor tacos and the fish tacos are a couple of my favorite favorite meals! Guacomole and the salsa - YUM! Great drinks and delicious infused tequilas too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upPevitsaDined on 2/20/2014The food was delicious, the service excellent and the place full of energy. Kids at a couple tables near us seemed to really enjoy themselves. Ate there before going to a nearby live theater. Excellent evening.Special Features:
- Delightful, as alwaysthiswonderfulworldDined on 2/17/2014Olivar is a go to in our household. It's the perfect combination of cozy and delicious. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerDannyHDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations here for V-Day this year as my girlfriend is a Mexican food fanatic. Poquito's did not disappoint, and we were glad we made the selection we did. They even offered us complimentary tuna tostadas which I ended up indulging in as my girlfriend is a vegetarian - the offer was a pleasant surprise. Everything came out excellent, will most likely return, though we rarely make it out to Cap Hill.Special Features:
- Wow, what a good timeRaymondDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentines' Day and it was great. They were ready for us, with out reservation. Table was comfortable waiter was very responsive and attentive, in spite of the crowd, and the food was great. Surely the best carne asada I have ever had and nicely cooked to boot. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great DiningderfDined on 2/13/2014Food was outstanding. Very attentive staff. Good overall experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!FoodLoverDined on 2/9/2014Enchilada verde is simply the best! All tacos are fabulous and be sure to try the special guacamole! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquita offers a nice tiledFrankieDined on 1/17/2014Poquita offers a nice tiled ambiance with beautiful Mexican tiles on the walks and floors and wrought iron gates decorating the restaurant. It has a festive lively mood about it. Guacamole is made fresh to order. Food is well-seasoned and well-prepared, except the enchiladas we had on this particular evening came out cold. They are served in cast iron gratin dishes and one would think it would be served sizzling hot. Overall, it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The yam tacos were surpringlyxyj32Dined on 1/14/2014The yam tacos were surpringly tasty. A good place to grab a margarita or two and some food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Cactus InsteadKernelDined on 1/5/2014The music was so loud we had to shout even though five of us were crammed into a too-small booth, despite the fact that the dining room was empty when we arrived and larger tables were available. As for the food - they must think very highly indeed of their mediocre Mexican faire. By mid-meal my wife and I both wished we had gone to Cactus or Tango instead. Or even Tacos Guaymas.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/2/2014Great food, great location, great service!!! Have been to this place several times.... Just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.