2368 3rd St
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
Potrero Hill / Dogpatch
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.poquitosf.com/
- Phone: 4156433900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 3:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Poquito's bar features two TV's for sports fans. Come by to watch the game.
- Cross Street: 20th Street
- Public Transit: T-Line: Muni stop across the street on Third Street and 20th Street. Muni stops for the 22 and 48 at Third Street and 20th Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is usually available on Third Street or around the corner on Tennessee Street
A word from Poquito
Serving Latin American comfort food, Poquito is a tapas style restaurant serving traditional Ecuadorian and Spanish dishes along with Latin-inspired specialty cocktails, seasonal specials, white and red sangria, beer, wine, etc. Stop by for a late lunch or for our Happy Hour from 4-7 pm daily. The full high-end bar, features a wide selection of Latin American spirits ranging from tequila and mezcal to rum, cachaça and pisco, handmade mixes, exotic ingredients, signature margaritas and pisco sours. Located in historic Dogpatch, Poquito has a fun, welcoming neighborhood feel and reasonable prices. The selection of small plates, finger food and individual entrees offer a different take on tapas based on traditional South American dishes and family recipes. Come in and share!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Poquito reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FoodmamaFoodmamaDined on 10/18/2014We chose this place for pre-event dining and were not disappointed. Root vegetable chips were crisp and not oily. The salsas were very fresh tasting with the green packing quite a heat hit. High points for the chicken tacos which were generously filled and complemented with crisp vegetables which made a nice bite. The Cubano was flavoraful but the the could have been pressed and crisped up more. The potatoes brava are a meal on its own...onions, smoky pot status, crema drizzle...Yum! Overall the meal was worth a repeat visit. Oh and happy hour portions and prices are well worth an early trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Triple Threat in the DogpatchUberFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food, service and ambiance! Been here a few times and haven't been disappointed. They serve some tasty tapas - tacos and empanadas a must! Drinks aren't too shabby either. Waitstaff is friendly and attentive. Definitely has that Dogpatch vibe. A casual place to go w/coworkers or a small group of friends or just to meet a girlfriend for din & drinks. They make you feel welcome. Will definitely be back ALOT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Our VisitMarkVIPDined on 9/29/2014We've been looking forward Poquito for a while. When we arrived, it was fairly quiet and we had incredibly attentive service with great background on the food. Our server was either the owner or in the family who owned Poquito. After he had to head out, we had some gaps, mainly empty glasses and no information on the food. The service was still kind so maybe our expectations were set high when we had our first server. Get the Shrimp Ceviche, Fritada Tacos, and Bunuelos de Platanos! Very tasty. Also enjoyed the Habas Fritas (Fried and salted lava beans) and Tostados (Andean popcorn). The Churrasco (beef, fried egg, rice, plantains, spinach) was filling but the beef lacked flavor inside - maybe grilled medium was too much. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing Cocktails!PetunzVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our table of 4 all agreed (all different drinks) that we were sipping some of the best cocktails in recent memory. The food was amazing as well. Will definitely keep this on the list. Highlight was the pork tacos! Servers were a little hard to find at times, but were trying hard, so may have just been down a person that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquito is like familyMikeCDined on 8/21/2014I have only been twice, but this has to be my top hang-out bar/restaurants in Dogpatch. Both experiences, the server was outstanding (Mark and then Richard). The food is not epicurean, but it is a cut above the usual Tapas/Latin fare and served with enthusiasm. This is a must try.Special Features:
- Poquito More, Por FavorY2mckayDined on 7/21/2014Took the wife for dinner the other night. Our server, Mark, was very polite and attentive and took the time to learn our names and go over menu choices. Food was very tasty - she had Churrasco, I had the cuban sandwich. They also had a nice selection of specialty cocktails, mostly with Tequila and Rum but some Rye choices as well. No street parking right out front so had to park around the back side of the block but not too bad at all. Definitely a good place to grab a bite and drinks before a game at AT&T park or, like we did, before a show at Bottom of the Hill.Special Features:
- Just OkSalsero65Dined on 7/15/2014Stopped by for dinner on my way to local salsa venue. When I came in I noticed bar full of people but dining area completely empty. Staff very friendly but service was slow. Ordered several appetizers that were decent....but not good enough to make me want to come back. Also had samosas that tasted very watered down.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Poquito reviews archive.
- Welcoming environment/great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014The entire staff at Poquito is welcoming, pleasant and helpful. Questions about drinks or items on the menu are fully answered. The owner/chef has a passion for the cuisine and it is evident in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2014We had called ahead to see if we could bump our reservation by 30 mins. and given the okay. We waited about 15 mins. and then it was suggested we wait at the bar for another 20; cicjtails were good. Food was interesting but not over the top amazing, though our young waiter was nice and attentive. Wine list is minimal, yet not inexpensive; $55 for an Albarino. The dining area is small and very dark, not promoting a festive experience. Unfortunately, it did not have the WOW factor needed for a return visit; 4 dinners.Special Features:
- Terrific findgourmetgalVIPDined on 5/23/2014I've recently returned from Ecuador and wanted to revisit a few of my favorite dishes from my trip. So I was thrilled when my Open Table search turned up a place that not only made them but had gotten great reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening from the first bite of toasted corn to the last of the guava empanada. Many of the plates are easy to share so you can try many items in one sitting. The cocktails are fabulous, too. I'll be going back.Special Features:
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Very very average restaurant. The service was very far from acceptable. Was hoping for more.
- In general the food was good,FoodieWannaBeVIPDined on 4/11/2014In general the food was good, though there was a little too much fried foods and the empanada was overly-salt. The fish tacos were great!
- Enjoyed this undiscovered spotRMFGDined on 3/29/2014Great waiter--v. helpful--a little to loud w/the music but got used to it--food was good but limited selection of tapas--recommend the ceviche and the spiced garbanzo beans--no problem w/parking--a plusSpecial Features:
- Another great dinner at Poquito!NMH1Dined on 3/15/2014Poquito offers a truly delicious array of Latin American dishes, from small plates to entrees. The service is friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. We've been here a few times now, and we have not been disappointed with a single dish. The empanadas are a house specialty and are certainly the best I've had in the city. This time, we ordered the steak entree on the menu, and it was the best steak I've had in SF. The cocktails and beer & wine list are also quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food, small svc issuesSalsabyJakeDined on 3/13/2014I met a friend there at 6:30 on a Thursday and the place was not crowded at all, so it was perfect for conversation. They have a nice bar and table seating up some stairs. If crowded, it would probably be noisy. We ordered coquetas and the maduros for appetizers, Fritada tacos and chicken sandwich for main. We liked all the food, but the waitress got the order wrong and brought the chicken platter we inquired about, rather than the chicken sandwich we actually ordered. In the end they took off one of the appetizers to compensate us for this, and for the record they offered to take the platter back and supply the sandwich, but we were short on time. The one waitress was a little spotty on checking if we needed anything.
- Great TapaskimberDined on 3/7/2014Great place for a social dinner with shared dishes - the Churrasco was particularly tasty! Cocktails are also unique and tasty.Special Features:
- Found the abiance too darkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Found the abiance too dark and plain. Like eating in large closet. Waitress was nice but took multiple requests to get several items. Hibiscus Mimosas were delicious. Food was good but not outstanding.
- Small Plates varietycbozoDined on 2/12/2014I enjoyed the selection of tapas which were offered. Most notable: camarones al mojo, red snapper taco, patatas bravas and sangria. We had a reservation but the dining room was closed for a private party. They accommodated us at the only table in the bar. Our service person Ella was personable and attentive. The restaurant only serves 2 red wines, although 5 are listed on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquito gives a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/29/2014Came to this restaurant on a Yelp rating. Excellent drinks at the bar, then met three friends for dinner. Food was excellent. Kitchen was slow and the waitress forgot a couple of things we ordered including a botched drink order. The second round of drinks were not as strong as the first. There was one very loud woman in the place and the noise she made was intolerable. It was like there were 10 yelling people in the restaurant, but it was because the acoustics were very poor in there. Too many reflective surfaces. Finally she left and the place became civilized and we were able to understand our dinner guests at the table. I think the restaurant personnel should be aware that loud people make the place unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a tiny bit of effortOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/27/2014The food was great esp the chorizo sliders, the red snapper and the ceviche. Watch out for the potato pancakes, they can get a bit droopy. The waiter was attentive and called us by our first names even if he forgot a couple of things. However, what Poquito really needs is some kind of noise absorption material. There were only a few tables full (it was a Monday night) but it sounded like a full on cocktail party with 100 guestsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night group funKalpeshDined on 1/24/2014Friend in town visiting, needed something fun and close to chocolate lab (dessert) for 8 friends. Poquito was perfect. Sangria was delic, helped loosen the group up. Drinks, lively conversation, excellent flavored dishes. Service was solid, we were just out to have a good time, didn't feel rushed, the bill was brought out when we wanted. Recommend the mushroom epanadas, and the soyrizo (veggie) sliders. And only a block walk around the corner to Chocolate Lab for dessert. Tons of ample parking around 3rd and 22nd as well in the dogpatch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is terribleMrRomanVIPDined on 1/3/2014I was a reservation here for 3, showed up at the restaurant which was essentially empty. The bartender told us to wait for someone to seat us. We waited for 5 minutes, no one came. I went back to the bartender and asked if we should seat ourselves, she said yes. We go to sit down and immediately another employee shows up and said the tables are reserved in an extremely rude fashion. We ask if the next table over is reserved, same rude response. At that point in time, we decided to check out another restaurant instead of giving money to a restaurant with such horrible service. To be honest, it really seemed like the person didn't have any interest in serving us. In my 7 years in SF, I've never had such a bad experience.
- Waiter this time was mediocre,DaniDined on 10/18/2013Waiter this time was mediocre, but the overall care and attendance from the staff made it the usual warm, inviting experience. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great drinks-when we could get themcodyVIPDined on 9/11/2013PRO: We had some wonderful food! I always enjoy the food! The drinks are out of this world love love love them. Cons: Waiter was too busy...he also was not attentive. We tried to flag him down to order food. He came and bussed our drinks but did not ask if we wanted to order more drinks...we did. He was a lone so I dont blame him but I can not give more than one star for his lack of attention. We would have order two or three rounds of more drinks. In addition to that it took FOREVER to make the drinks once we ordered them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved PoquitoPariVIPDined on 9/7/2013The waiter at Poquito was super friendly and helpful. Food was delicious, fresh and so tasty. Owner was very attentive. Over all a Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, GREAT SERVICE!SacredCowDined on 9/5/2013Not very crowded. Food very good. What sets this place apart is the way they make you feel: SPECIAL. Taken care of. Important and otherwise mayoral-like. In this supposed service economy so many have forgotten what it means to really take care of your customers. Not so at Poquito. They truly did not miss a beat. Awesome selection of specialty cocktails...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem off the beaten path...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2013There aren't a lot of restaurants to choose from in the Dogpatch, but they are all solid, and it took us a while to venture beyond our regular jaunts to Serpentine and Piccino. When we finally walked a few steps further to check out Poquito, I have to say, we were pleasantly surprised. Not only was our server a doll, the owner, Richard, came by to speak to us during our dinner and explain the dishes and the concept of the restaurant, which made it all the more intimate of an experience. Food exceeded expectations, as there is a lot more thought and care that goes into the food and drink than you might notice at first look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, interestingdmomVIPDined on 8/20/2013Excellent service, interesting dishes with a twist on the ordinary, and best of all, phenomenal cocktails, with generous pours and great pricing. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Excellent!ABarajasDined on 7/13/2013Could not be happier with the food and service! Great drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Latin foodBigSpoonDined on 7/13/2013Good favors. Mediocre execution. Some things were good. House made bitters. But, Seagrams ginger ale. The texture of the fritata was off. Get empanadas and Cubano. The rest can be skipped. The mixed drinks are made well. Skip the sangria.Special Features:
- What I A FindSFAcadiaDined on 6/8/2013I was looking for a new dining experience and I wanted to explore the Dog Patch area. I found Poquito on the Internet and made a reservation. The service was exceptional, the food was fantastic and even the parking was convenient. I will be back and I am bringing friends with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mexican food!JacqueVIPDined on 6/3/2013The food was really good but the person running the place was not very switched on as far as customer service. No eye contact and clearly not very passionate about what he is doing! I will go back again for the food but this place needs to have warmer welcome if they expect customers to get attached to this place and return.Special Features:
- Great service, very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Great service, very good food. We went early on a Saturday evening, the place was not too crowded but should have been. Surprisingly they have a really good gluten free menu. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The space has been spiffedSusieZVIPDined on 4/5/2013The space has been spiffed up a bit since they opened - large mirrors on a dark brown wall on the second level warm the space, as does a charming antique cabinet. The bar area is, of course, graved by a flat screen tv. The cheese stuffed potato pancakes were rich and delicious, the chips addictive.Special Features:
- I'd definitely go backToniVIPDined on 3/2/2013We went for an early dinner on a Saturday night, and chose Poquito. Their happy hour drink and food specials are available also from 4-7pm during the weekend. Since we hadn't been here before it worked for us to try the happy hour sized plates. I recommend the empanadas, beef, chicken, or white bean. We also enjoyed their version of a relleno, Arepa con relleno with pork fritada, green onions, white beans, and plantain. We had the best server. Matt made us feel welcome, and patiently helped us negotiate the menu. We'll go back for more.Special Features:
- Just an ok tapas placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Food was ok. Meat overcooked. Waitress nice but very distracted, didn't bring additional sauce I requested and brought us the check without asking if we wanted dessert, which we wanted but we decided then just to pay and leave.
- Fun atmosphere but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2013Fun atmosphere but the food fell short. Drinks were good.Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2013We had a very pleasant meal here. The food was good, although I wouldn't call it great. Service was prompt and very helpful. All in all, a decent neighborhood place to get tapas. I do wish they'd update the decor a bit.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2012Overall experience was great the hostest was excellent I came out for my birthday and I was not dissaspointed great foid drinksSpecial Features:
- We had a fabulous evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We had a fabulous evening. The waiters and waitresses could not be better. The food was excellent as well as our drinks. Can't wait to take another set of friends!Special Features: