Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant
384 N Wantagh Ave
Bethpage, NY 11714Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.popeisbethpage.com/ordereze/default
- Phone: 5168229169
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant
Popei's has been around for 30 years! We are family owned and operated and really care about our customers. Popeis offers a wide variety of menu items, all proven to be the best. We won best seafood restaurant on Long Island by News 12! So, if its the best crablegs, lobsters, calamari or shrimp you want, you just found your place. OH, thats right, we also have some of the best cuts of beef around, not to mention our award winning babyback ribs! Popei's is a neat and clean atmosphere that is perfect for any occasion. Our wine list will satisfy everyone, and the martini menu will knock your socks off.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethpage ›
Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Rose624VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been here a few times and love this seafood restaurant. The food is delicious and is reasonably priced for the sizable portions. The service here is always very nice and extremely accomodating. Will return again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Staff were attentive (Toni) and friendly, food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/18/2014Seafood was amazing! Cozy restaurant with friendly neighborhood feel. The owner even approached me because he knew I had booked on open table and wanted to know if I used it often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 8/14/2014Always a great meal at Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant. Our dinners were prepared exactly as requested and were delicious. Service is always outstanding. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- athomps1Dined on 8/5/2014Friendly, good service, good seafood and noisy. Parking bad have to use valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in townCeeCeeDined on 7/16/2014For the price you will not be disappointed. Plus of you can't finish your 1st serving you can take it with you. Try the Monday thru Thursday all you can eat. Remember you can pay pennies more to upgrade to all the items on the all you can eat nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Spot for Great FoodGr82eatVIPDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I reservations for 9:15 pm and were running late. We arrived around 9:45 and thought that they wouldn't admit us, as they closed at 10 pm. They welcomed us with open arms and we had a great dinner in record time. The waitstaff is professional and entertaining. We laughed and joked with the waitstaff as we ate, as we very comfortable. They made us feel like family in less than a 40 minute meal and didn't rush us out of the door, in fact they wanted us to eat more of everything and stay longer:-) Since it was so late, we split a salad, fried red snapper and a slice of carrot cake - everthing was delicious, even right down to the butter bread they gave us before our salad arrived. I love this place!Special Features:
- Best dinner in a long timeBaybreezeDined on 7/2/2014This place came recommended due to their all you can eat Wednesday night but we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Everyone loved their meal. Place gets packed and seating can be pretty close together but the food made up for all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Popei's Clam Bar & Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- Gotta Love the Clam Bake!AndreikaDined on 6/23/2014Massive seafood menu - heaps of food. Yummy garlic bread hits the table as soon as you are seated. Go off menu and try their daily specials - Love the CLAM BAKE! Giant bowl filled with clams, mussels, shrimp, king crab legs, ear of corn and a broiled lobster tail in a buttery, garlic broth. Amazing! Great, noisy family style dining - nothing fancy just delicious. Wait staff is wonderful - warm, friendly and fun. Owner/Chef comes out if the kitchen and greets every table. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODSeafoodLoverDined on 4/10/2014The food was delicious! You would definitely come back again. I have been there for Birthday and Anniversary celebrations. If I lived closer, I would be there every day!!! Your the Best kept secret on Long Island :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popei's always deliversRededDined on 3/31/2014I've been going to this restaurant with my family for years. They never disappoint. Great seafood, good service, reasonable prices and a varied menu. They have several locations and they are all good. When you are in the mood for well prepared seafood, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN!LIMARYSWEET1Dined on 3/12/2014tHIS PLACE IS GREAT TOOK MY ADULT SONS FOR ALL YOU CAN EAT NIGHT. CRAB LEGS AND SHRIMP THE PLACE WAS PACKED WE HAD RESERVATIONS THE KEPT OUT TABLE CLEAN DRINKS WERE GREAT FOOD WAS HOT AND FRESH AND IF WE CAME CLOSE TO RUNNING OUT SERVER WAS RIGHT THERE OFFERING MORE FANTASTIC DEAL FOR THE MONEY WILL DEFINATLY GO BACKSpecial Features:
- Had an awesome time WaitressCeeCeeDined on 3/6/2014Had an awesome time Waitress Toni excellent. Made us feel like family. If I could I would go there atleast 3 time a week. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just for dinnerKennVIPDined on 3/4/2014been to Popei's for dinner many times and they never are less than great. decided to meet a friend for lunch there. The food was great and service was exceptional. Lunch portion still large enough that we brought some home.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner. JoeSUEnRICHVIPDined on 2/23/2014We had a great dinner. Joe and his staff do a fantastic job. The fish is always fresh and prepared perfectly. Steaks are excellent too. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a big mealseafoodfanDined on 2/19/2014Not our first time here, its been a couple of years and I think the place has gotten better. The dinning room is a little tight, the area around the bar is pretty tight but overall the place is clean and well maintained. The hostess didn't seem like she wanted to be there and was tolerable. The bartender, servers, and other staff were amazing, they were very attentive, helpful, had a great and friendly attitude. We had the crab leg all you can eat dinner and and it was amazing! they were cooked perfectly and there was no delay when we asked for another serving. I can't eat like this all the time, but when I can, this is definitely high on my list for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Speak Seafood!carmelNYDined on 2/19/2014So many places do not satisfy the seafood lover's palet, this place does with both taste and quantity. .. but let's not forget price! Luv this place. I don't mind taking the 30 minute drive and bringing the whole family to indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been going here for 10 plus yearsLovethisplaceDined on 1/22/2014A little expensive, but you get what you pay for, have NEVER had a probleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemClamloverDined on 1/17/2014The food is outstanding. The service is swift and very courteous. I recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood on Long IslandLoreenNYDined on 1/13/2014This restaurant blew us away. We started and finished our meal with great service. The chef made multiple rounds in the dining room to check on the guests and quality of food experience. The food was incredible. I would be willing to bet that this is the best that seafood has to offer on all of Long Island. You will not be disappointed. The dining experience starts off with the best garlic bread - be sure to save room for the main course bc you can definitely get carried away eating this! My personal favorites at the table were the snow king crab legs, chilean sea bass, and scallops. All portion sizes were huge. My kids loved the menu options offered to children. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went here for the firstRose624VIPDined on 1/12/2014I went here for the first time and loved it. The seafood was fresh and delicious, also very generous portions. The service was equally excellent, very friendly and accomodating. They seem to be very interested in making sure customers are satisfied. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Food was Blandbaddao8Dined on 1/5/2014pasta had no flavor ordered mahi mahi just tasted like it was in the freezer to long great garlic bread watress was very friendly
- Seafood delightRedmenaceDined on 12/31/2013This is a great place for seafood, although they have other dishes, Seafood is their specialty. CASUAL dining, friendly staff, reasonably priced, and good portions. This visit was an early New Year's Eve dinner with friends, second year in a row, very pleased. We were not rushed, the "crazy" 2lb lobsters were delicious as were the 5 different appertizers we ordered. This is not chain seafood, this is great seafood, served by a chef who takes pride in his dishes and comes out to check in with his guests, always a nice touch. If you have not tried it, you are missing out. Don't be fooled by is outward appearance, it's in a small strip mall, parking is difficult but they have valet, and a small bar if you have to wait. Enjoy!Special Features:
- I brought my wife and twoReggie58Dined on 12/22/2013I brought my wife and two sons to celebrate my wifes b'day, she is a seafood lover. She really enjoyed the king crab legs and I had the chilean sea bass with scallops and shrimp, also very good. Both my sons had the chicken parm which was delicious and each portion was enough to feed them for almost two meals, and they are both twenty year olds. The service was friendly and prompt, we had made reservations and were seated immediately. We have eaten in Popeis before and will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningdaveDined on 12/14/2013Popei's has excellent food and a very extensive menu. Everyone in the restaurant is welcoming and friendly. Wait staff was excellent. Very casual and modest prices. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- awesomestuartDined on 11/26/2013Went to Popeis years ago..loved it then. My wife asked for a good place to get seafood. Forgot about popeis. Went back and havebeen there at least once a month since. If you want excellent seafood, popeis is it.The "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" entrees are to die for. Simply put...yumSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.SUEnRICHVIPDined on 11/11/2013We had a wonderful dinner. Our waiter, Adam, couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. Our food was fresh and cooked perfectly. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDwyerDined on 11/6/2013The food at Popeyes is great. We have been going there for years because of their out standing service, owner, and of course the great food. We were there on Wednesday and its all you can eat night. Highly recommend wed nights. Choose between crab legs, Shrimp, ribs, or fried clams. But no matter what day you go you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic galourIneedmoreDined on 10/19/2013I had flounder and shrimp with linguine in garlic and oil. Too much garlic. Also had the fried shrimp appetizer which was very good. I will go back again and try another entree. If your into shell fish, this may be the place for you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popei's Not My Cup of TeadivadeluxeDined on 10/13/2013We visited Popei's for a birthday celebration. The food was good, but the service was poor. The ambience was non existent. IWe would not frequent that eaterie again nor wou;ld we recommend it.
- Popei's is a reliable familySUEnRICHVIPDined on 9/25/2013Popei's is a reliable family restaurant. The food is always good and prepared correctly. The servers are friendly and well trained. It's worth the visit and we recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.