POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
33 E. Union St.
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.popchampagnebar.com/
- Phone: 6267951295
- Hours of Operation:
Reservations Highly Recommended
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - Close, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - Close, Thursday: 5:00pm - Close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ray Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have Live Music on Thursdays and Sundays starting at 7PM. Jazz or Acoustic guitar duos. Please RSVP
- Special Events: We frequently host bridal showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, engagement parties, company parties, and everything in between. We have packages to meet any budget. Please fill out our event inquiry form online and we will get back to you asap. http://www.popchampagnebar.com/special-events/event-inquiry-form/
A word from POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar is a sexy place for first dates, social gatherings, after-work drinks, or any night out on the town. Indulge yourself with our extensive selection of Champagnes, sparkling wines, dessert wines, and artisanal beers, to be enjoyed with our seasonal dinner and dessert menus. With over fifty wines by the glass, ever-changing wine flights, and an impressive bottle selection, POP is the perfect place for novices and connoisseurs alike, to explore and play in the world of Champagne and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Beautiful venue, excellent service, and delicious food!Special Features:
- A Special NightDeBowDined on 10/7/2014I really enjoyed my experience at POP, can't wait to go back, little disappointed that the refrigeration was not working and I couldn't try those deviled eggs. I look forward to trying that on my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had the seared tuna sandwich and truffle mac n cheese, both were amazing! The Elvis desert made the night complete. Service was prompt and attentive... Seriously I cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!MerrallDined on 9/24/2014Booked reservations here after reading a brief write up about the place in Sunset magazine (older article). Could not have been happier. Service was friendly and not over-bearing, food was prompt and fantastic...my only regret was not trying everything on the menu. Charming building in Old Town Pasadena, great ambiance, will go back without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to spend with friendsMNOPDined on 9/19/2014I always have a wonderful time here especially when I'm with my friends. Food and drinks are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne and or Beer flights!KW91344Dined on 9/17/2014We decided to try Pop with company from England. Food was good, dessert was good too. Server seemed detached. One of our guests ordered a beer flight and one ordered a champagne flight. The server just sort of dumped them on the table without much explanation and did not bother to ask if they liked them or not. A "tasting" should elicit at least a "which was your favorite?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodslmtVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food here is always decent at a good value. Unfortunately, the Sunday night date night menu pricing was different in the restaurant than on their website. It was too much food, so we ordered a la carte. The deviled eggs are my favorite things on the menu. it is always delicious. The popcorn chicken is good. However, the tots that we ordered was soggy and the texture was a fail. Real tater tots would have been better. However, I would consider going there again, since the ambiance is nice, the food is decent, and the price point is favorable. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- First timer...Bluelight19Dined on 9/6/2014We sat in one of two front window seats, ordered appetizers, jalapeño tuna tartar an bacon wrapped shrimp, bottle of sparkling wine and a decadent chocolate desert. Perfect for a late night snack and desert. Waiter brought over a cake and candle for my sisters bday. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night FindJonesDAVIPDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our date night at POP and enjoyed the service, the Champagne and truffle Mac & Cheese. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Jazz on Sunday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our anniversary. We were disappointed they ran out of berry cobbler. But the food was good and champagne sampler was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fewer champagnes than expectedammylaDined on 8/31/2014For a champagne bar, I expected the wine and champagne list to be more substantial, and for the servers to be more knowledgeable about it. We ordered the only half bottle of champagne on the menu but he wasn't familiar with it. The service was poor for the caliber of restaurant--the dining area was full and they were apparently understaffed. The desserts were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for something special!DianaDined on 8/26/2014Recently visited, after a year plus, for a friend's birthday. Our server, Spencer, was terrific (very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu). All of the items he recommended to us were hits! The ambiance is dark and almost romantic. I certainly recommend for a date night - or as we enjoyed a small group of five gals celebrating a birthday with a great selection of desserts and sweet wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, and romantic!JKreviewsDined on 8/26/2014The tapanade was "weird" according to my girlfriend (I don't eat olives), but other than that, it was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLove2BBQDined on 8/22/2014Their happy hour menu is excellent, their drinks and food...absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Great experienceP123VIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our last evening on our vacation. The food was very good and the bubbly-mixtures were creative. I had mine with Guinness. We got there earlier than expected, and they accommodated us. It was still happy hour but we ordered entrees off the menu. Glancing over at the next table, I would highly recommend coming for happy hour, since the appetizer selection was excellent.
- Pop over to Pop Champagne!newfriedchickenfanDined on 8/8/2014Great place for gals happy hour - yummy bubbly drinks - gotta try the souffle!Special Features:
- Nice little findx599Dined on 8/5/2014we were looking for a place for a light bite and stumbled upon this place due to a 1,000pt open table reservation. was very pleased with the find. we didn't know it at the time but they have a happy hour food menu from 5-7pm which allowed us to dine tapas style. all the dishes were nicely presented (except the pork belly, but that was tasty so i can't hold it too much against them!). the bill was very reasonable (even without the 1,000 pt bonus). the only downside was parking. most public garages in old town are free for the first 90 minutes but it turns out the one across the way was a $6 flat rate which we didn't realize until afterwards.Special Features:
- Fun, delicious and accommodating!LaurenDined on 8/1/2014I had a reservation for 8 people but about 14 showed up. Pop was super accommodating with an extra table and chairs and fantastic service. I will definitely be back! Fabulous dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pop Pop Pop!FatGirlSlimVIPDined on 7/29/2014Pop champagne is literally a 2 minute walk away from my office so I decided to give it a try to see what SoCal's only champagne bar was all about. I asked the Bartender to suggest something good and he did. I had a glass of Rique' an apple flavored sparkling wine that gave me a light buzz. I also tried the appetizer trio which consisted of hummus, an olive tempanade and a bruschetta. The hummus was good (I ate it all) the rest was just ok. Didnt really see anything on the menu that screamed try me. Ill give it another try to see what the dessert/champagne pairings taste like...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/27/2014Ugly decor, fair food, good service, and so dim that we had to ask the waiter for his lighter to read the menu.
- Restaurant weekChristineDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant week deal was a great! The service was exceptional. Our server was really nice and knowledgable about the food and was able to recommend a great bottle of wine to us. Food was good, we loved the appetizers! Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great spotLoveLADined on 7/19/2014The decor is beautiful. With the great flight lists you feel like your treating yourself to a mini vacation. The soufflé are amazing but word of caution, they take time if you are in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Buffet Brunch!!!red12Dined on 7/13/2014A friend recommended POPS for Brunch, and she hit the mark!! The food was top quality, the lemon curd tart was the best thing I have ever ate!!!! The buckwheat pancakes were a rare treat!!! The poached eggs in tomato sauce were spectacular, and the heirloom tomato salad perfect!! We can't wait to go back!!! The chef should be commended for his superb skills!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu and vibeLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great selection of small bites, small plates and entrees, and a full bar w/ several speciality drinks. World cuisine. Really fun and kitschy decor and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't ImpressedScrapsDined on 6/29/2014The waiting staff was really slow. There was no point in putting a note in the reservation because they didn't read it. I took my wife for our anniversary and not even a congrats thus, not reading the notes. The vibe was nice. The love music was the best part. The A/C was hardly ever on so we were hot. Instead of giving us an intimate table we had an awkward rounded booth. Took a long time for drinks but they were tasty when we got them. The food wasn't great and especially for the price. It was okay. I expected much more from them.Special Features:
- very cuteMoe89Dined on 6/27/2014Great dessert and wine. Very close to parking structure which was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014The food is incredible and we received top notch service. Our party was larger than expected and they were more than happy to accommodate our needs. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was perfect!CutieFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014I brought my girlfriends here for their birthday and it couldn't have been more perfect! They were a little reluctant because they thought champagne and dessert but I told them it was something different. They loved it! We got the window table. Service was awesome! They want to come back! I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 420 reviews are from the POP Champagne & Dessert Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014POP is an adorable place to have dinner or simply have drinks and dessert. The decor and ambiance is so lovely. My husband and I went for dinner Saturday night and the food was amazing! I had the salmon, and he had the filet mignon. Both dishes we excellent. We will definitely be going back to try the other dinner options.Special Features:
- AMESDined on 6/20/2014Food was excellent! No wait needed thanks to Open Table. Good service from my waiter only thing was the host.. he seemed rude and short. when asked if we can move to another table, he responded rather quick and dismissive as if i was asking such an annoying question. pshhSpecial Features:
- Great place!ElephantwalkVIPDined on 6/5/2014We picked this place on a whim and we're very happy we did. We arrived during happy hour and had a great meal from the happy hour menu. This is a place you should try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette BashhappyhourDined on 5/17/2014Made reservations for 6:15 and was pleasantly surprised that there was a happy hour until 7 (on a weekend night!). Tons of yummy appetizers to choose from, I think we ordered almost all of them to split. Perfect for a bachelorette party! Great ambience, would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, Unique Place, Fills a needjazzbabyDined on 5/3/2014Went to POP to celebrate birthdays. We really liked the ambience: antique chandeliers, old brick walls, but were less enamored of the industrial fan ceiling and empty picture frames. Yelp's menu was more extensive than the menu we saw, we had a bit of trouble finding something we wanted. That being said, we eventually decided on the charcuterie meat and cheese plate for two, and couldn't have been more pleased. The portions were excellent, and we got to choose three cheeses out of a selection of six. The plate came with homemade bread. We were disappointed that the souffle was banana, which I hate, so we had the apple crisp for dessert, which was excellent. Enjoyed old jazz, could have been a bit louder. Service was friendly and fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good with minor quibblesbruceVIPDined on 5/1/2014We went for Pasadena Restaurant week. The Prix-fixe choices were ok in terms of variety. The tuna tartare was excellent (the best of the whole meal). The tortilla soup was good. The bruschetta was poor - dry bread with no seasoning, just a hint of parmesan, it was dry and drab. The sliders were good, we ate one set and took the other set home. The truffle add on was ok, but the blue cheese was overpowering, would have been better on the side (or not at all, and had 1000 dressing instead). the truffle mac & cheese was good. The desserts were ok, but the stout cake was over cooked and hard and the ice cream was served in a cup that made it messy to eat (taste was ok, just the plating could be better). The service was friendly and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Little Gem for Happy HourNapaHappyDined on 4/23/2014I have been to POP since 2011 for Happy Hour. They consistently try to invite themselves and try new things. The Service is very attentive and the cocktails are very reasonable. Food is very good as well. Overall a really good experience.Special Features:
- A delightful dining experienceonelleDined on 4/18/2014I made a reservation at Pop for a birthday celebration and was not disappointed. The champagne was sparking and delicious, the ambiance delightful, and the service friendly and knowledgeable. It was a wonderful night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POP Never DisappointsmybeatlesDined on 4/3/2014This is my favorite spot in Old Town, and I'm pleased to say that, once again, my experience was top notch. The service, food, wine selection - everything is always impeccable at POP. That's why I regularly take my out-of-town friends to dine there when they first arrive. I want their time in Southern California to start off with, well, a pop! I can't think of a more appropriate place.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerAnonDined on 3/28/2014We had a lovely time at Pop. It's a beautiful little restaurant. The food was delicious- my favorite item was the truffle mac and cheese, and my wife just loved the flatbread. We sampled several different champagne cocktails and they were really fun. The server (Libby) was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great service!hellokittyVIPDined on 3/25/2014Was there celebrating a birthday. We tried the $55 "date night" menu with an appetizer, 3 sides, two entrees, and dessert. It was of an exceptional value! We really enjoyed all the food (except one of the sides...the soup was a little bit salty to us) and the wonderful service! Will definitely visit again and try other things.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014We enjoyed our time in this new discovery for us! We will be back!Special Features: