Poor Boy's Riverside Inn
240 Tubing Rd
Broussard, LA 70518Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
Poor Boy's Riverside Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.poorboysriversideinn.com/
- Phone: 3378374011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: If windows and doors could talk, what tales they could tell! Birthday celebrations, business deals, proposals, reunions, parties of all kinds have taken place at both of our locations. Couples who held their wedding receptions here return again and again to celebrate their anniversaries with us. Riverside & The Riverside Cooking Cottage are open for events such as seminars, showers, rehearsals, meetings, reunions, and birthdays
- Private Party Contact: Kim Bodoin 3372358559
- Entertainment: We feed all the wildlife around Riverside
A word from Poor Boy's Riverside Inn
Starting with a snowball stand in 1932 until today, Richard & Lori Hurst are carrying on the family tradition. From St. John Street to on the River, to nestled in the woods, now with two full service restaurants, Poor Boy’s Riverside Inn’s and Little River Inn’s seafood and steaks have remained consistently delicious for over 80 years. Richard and Lori and their loyal staff hope you taste not only delicious Cajun food, but the pride that goes into every dish! The oldest restaurant in Acadiana with a great wine and dessert selection, kid friendly and great atmosphere with a third generation husband and wife team ready to serve and where you'll always find the locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Poor Boy's Riverside Inn - Best Restaurants in Broussard ›
Poor Boy's Riverside Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (14)scenic view (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- davrobiDined on 9/5/2014Locals have know for years that this was the place to go for crab dishes. They still so it like no other.Special Features:
- very good!yamaha0592Dined on 9/5/2014I had the Crawfish dinner, and my wife had the Extravaganza with the Redfish. Both of our meals were excellent! The "crabbies" appetizer was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousallonmangeDined on 8/30/2014Riverside is consistently serving the freshest and best tasting food! It is a MUST any time in Lafayette! Great restaurant with great service worth finding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cajun cajun restaurantarabianhorseDined on 8/11/2014THe gumbo was delicious, as well as the fishes...Cocktails are good: I took one with amaretto (I like almonds taste) but I recommend you to take it after the meal because it is too sweet for appetizer. All was perfect and our waitress very kind and aware of our needs. Don't be afraid of the location which seems strange when evening is on: it is safe.Special Features:
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014So easy to make a reservation and server was excellent. She anticipated our needs before we askedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesLadytigerDined on 7/11/2014Very nice restaurant. Food was good, service was good and great place for family dining! We had a party of 7 and was well taken care of. A little loud but was full of family groups so that is to be expected. Had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDIxonLDined on 6/27/2014Riverside Inn is a success because the restaurant gas found the menu that works best for its customers. You know what you're going to get and it's always good. The wait staff is solid and the prices are right for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Dinner with my 6mo grandsonKatieDined on 6/23/2014Three ladies took my grandson to dinner. The staff couldn't have been nicer and so effecient. Scott was our waiter. He was so well mannered and gave us such excellent suggestions and service. It is hard to go out to dinner with an infant. Riverside Inn and the great food made it such a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Poor Boy's Riverside Inn reviews archive.
- Hidden Gempjw330VIPDined on 5/19/2014This charming little place was off the main square in Bar Harbor. It had been highly recommended to us by our hotel. this was to be my first boiled lobster since getting to Maine, so I wanted it to be good. I ordered the special: lobster bisque, veggies and a "lazy man's lobster". It would have been a terrific idea except that it came served over Ritz crackers swimming in the drawn butter making the butter taste like Ritz crackers, which took away from the wonderfully pure taste of the lobster. It was still delicious, but not up to what I had hoped. The veggies were mediocre. The lobster bisque on the other hand was fabulous. I wanted to lick the bowl. Our server was most attentive and pleasant. We will try it again on our next visit.Special Features:
- Consistently good"DIxonLDined on 4/25/2014Always love dining here, delicious food, solid service!Special Features:
- Great First Impression...CortM129Dined on 4/21/2014I had been hearing about this place for a while now so I decided to have my family come down and share the first time with me. None if us were disappointed! Our waitress was very professional, knowledgeable and personable. The food was delicious, came out in a timely manner and exceeded all of our expectations. The ambience, indoor and outdoor was surprisingly romantic and scenic. We will be returning and we will be recommending this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smile to my faceNellybellyDined on 4/13/2014Every time my husband mentions we are going eat at Riverside. I have smile all day on my face thinking of when I will be eating the delicious food!! I love Riverside!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCbuckleDined on 4/6/2014Thus was my first time finding this place, and it's excellent. We started out with the crab fingers which were cooked to perfection . Then we had the crawfish platters and it eras full of everything crawfish. I would recommend this place to anyone who would like greT seafood and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great. GoodReddogDined on 4/5/2014Food is always great. Good atmosphere. Always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought friends over fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014Brought friends over from Luling. Had a great time. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- The ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We felt rushed by the waitress (forgot her name) and at one time told her "we're going to slow this way down." It helped slightly. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole ReliableSteveDined on 3/5/2014Poor Boys Riverside Inn is always a great place to eat. Whether it is for a business lunch or an evening dinner, Riverside does the job well. This time it was with some old friends and it was quite nice. I had the crab dinner which is to die for. There were some rather energetic diners there as well and the noise level was unpleasant at first but died down as the crowd thinned out. Nonetheless, the food and service were top of the line. I personally like the pond that surrounds two sides of the building and the off the beaten path setting. Try it, you'll like it. Bon Appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I have been going to riverside since I was a small child. I have never been disappointed by the food or their service. One if Lafayette's best dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJJMCDined on 1/22/2014This is definitely one of the best restaurants in the area. Food is great, price is moderate, service is very good. I can highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Food was amazing! I work at seafood resturant, but the food at Poorboys Riverside Inn was absolutely outstanding. The service was a little boy edgy though. I felt like the waitress could have been a little more sincere and kind. I forgot her name, but overall, I had a great birthday dinner at a great resturant with great people. Thanks for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!Bigbob1Dined on 11/22/2013For years riverside in. Has been the place to go for fresh seafood and a huge menu to choose from ! If you want a great ask diction and fresh seafood cooked properly this is the place to go! Very casual nice friendly place!Special Features:
- Great seafood...paulDined on 11/15/2013can't beat the variety of seafood that this restaurant offers on its menu. Always fresh and well prepared.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!nummynummyDined on 11/9/2013Possibly some of the best Seafood/Cajun Cuisine in Acadiana! The Oysters Rockefeller is outstanding!Special Features:
- not what they advertise on televisiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The food was bland to say this is a top notch cajun restaurant I have eaten much better food. The portion sizes is not worth the expensive prices. First last time. Not pleased.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6. FourAlto336Dined on 10/27/2013We were a group of 6. Four adults and two children. The service was great. Very child friendly. The food was wonderful. Our six year old grandson, whose Dad is the general manager of a Ruth's Chris, said the following about the crab cakes. "Dad, these are real good, crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Can you make us some when we get home." That about sums up every dish. We had lots of different things. Sautéed crab, crab over flounder, alligator bites, fried oysters and fried shrimp. All dishes were great. We will go back. I am already looking forward to having the crab again.Special Features:
- A staple restaurant in LafayetteMangertodayDined on 10/11/2013I have been going to Riverside Inn since I was a child and their food is ABSOLUTELY delicious!! Looking forward to going again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomenessKarlgolfDined on 9/28/2013We moved here from California a year ago and wish we would have found this place sooner. The Gumbo is out of this world! Alligator, shrimp and cran were delightful. Our new favorite place to eat. KarlgolfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome crabHungryManVIPDined on 9/20/2013We ordered the crab dinner and the Extravaganza. The crab dinner let us sample crab done in so many ways. It's like tasting iron chef menu. We chose red fish for the Extravaganza and it's topped with generous amount of crab étouffée. Our meal ended with sweet potato beignet. Very satisfied with the quality of food and the serving is just right. You can tell how pack the restaurant is and now can things be wrong here. Will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday dinner.foodwasyumDined on 9/20/2013We chose Poorboy's to celebrate my husband's birthday with another couple. We had no wait, good service, and delicious food. Salad was not too tasty, especially the ranch dressing, but seafood was better than most restaurants. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go again and againthecaptainsgirlDined on 8/30/2013This is one of our favorite restaurant's in Lafayette. Food is super, as are the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside rocksJennyf8Dined on 8/20/2013We have been going to Riverside since our children were little. That night we took our young grand baby to start the whole next generation. She was to young to appreciate it but our son remembered all the names from the children's menu and we all enjoyed telling stories about bringing him there for special occasions all his life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast serviceHelloDined on 8/17/2013I have never been to a restaurant with service so quick we made a reservation for 7 o'clock and we were full and ready to go by 7:38 never been served faster... the waitress was a tad bit agitated I found bit none the less great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality lackingOkayDined on 8/17/2013I have been to Poor Boys a couple of times. I thought that the quality of the food had really diminished on this visit. All of my plates were served warm/cool. The waitress didn't follow up with requests and the service was rushed. Perhaps a bad night?
- Excellent seafood!davidhDined on 8/17/2013We had a great experience and really good food. I've been there many times, but first time for my Dad. He loved it. Thanks.Special Features:
- very niceholly2521Dined on 8/3/2013We enjoyed our meal, service was excellent, cozy dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flounder best around. LumpOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2013Flounder best around. Lump crabmeat dishes outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was exceptional. WouldCharmDined on 7/27/2013Waiter was exceptional. Would definitely return on our next trip to Lafayette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cajun Cuisine!BlumworthDined on 7/2/2013I'm from Lafayette, La and pretty picky about Cajun good. With that being said, the crawfish étouffée was perfect! It was very well seasoned but not too hot. The others in my party said the alligator bites were excellent. We had the bread pudding for desert and it looked like it was swimming in a lake of butter. Overall, it's a really good restaurant for authentic Cajun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside Inn is great!RandyDined on 6/21/2013Our family loves Riverside Inn. The food is fantastic and the staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome food and service!!Ginger00725Dined on 6/15/2013I have been dining at Riverside for a very long time. I do not like gumbo BUT I got a cup with a dinner and decided to give it a try. The seafood gumbo is the BEST I ever ate!!!! Its seasoned perfect, roux is just right and stocked with seafood. I wish I had the recipe. My favorite dish is the lumb crabmeat. It was superb! Giant lumbs of crabmeat smothered in butter...who wouldnt like that??? By far, this is my favorite place for cajun/seafood. The waitress was very attentive and polite. Food did come out a little fast and she apologized but it was so good, it didnt matter. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.