Ponti Seafood Grill
3014 3rd Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ponti Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pontiseafoodgrill.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: 2062843000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Served Nightly from 4:00 to 6:30 and 9:00 to close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Alvin Binuya
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Four private rooms with water views & private patios available for groups of 8 to 200. Off-site Catering also available, please contact our Private Dining office at (206) 284-3000 or request a date on-line at: http://www.pontiseafoodgrill.com/pd-reservations.html
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE DINING AT PONTI: Nestled next to the historic Fremont Bridge on the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti is reminiscent of a Mediterranean style villa and stands watch over ships passing under one of the world’s busiest bascule bridges. Four rooms available. 1) BUENA VISTA ROOM: (Seats 8 to 24) Bay windows offer a 180° view overlooking the ship canal and historic bridges creating a quiet and intimate dining experience. 2) SWORDFISH ROOM: (Seats 10 to 26) French doors and bay windows afford sweeping views of the ship canal and the Fremont & Aurora bridges. Ideal for cocktail parties. 3) GRAND DINING ROOM: (Seats up to 75) Mediterranean ambiance and unique artwork compliment the extraordinary view afforded by a wall of windows. 4) TAPESTRY ROOM: (Accommodates up to 40 seated or 50 reception style) Looking out over the ship canal towards the Fremont and Aurora Bridges, this room offers seclusion and tranquility. Adjacent private patio may be reserved with the room during summer.
- Private Party Contact: Rosa Lin 2062843000x
A word from Ponti Seafood Grill
Nestled next to the Fremont Bridge overlooking the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti Seafood Grill resembles a Mediterranean style villa and offers one of the most unique water views Seattle has to offer. Since 1990, Ponti has delighted the palates of their guests with a menu that offers an array of eclectic flavors ranging from pan-Asian, Mediterranean, classic European and Pacific Northwest fusion, under the creative guidance of proprietors, Richard and Sharon Malia. Ponti’s reputation for its dedication to providing fine service and exquisite cuisine ensures that your visit will be well remembered. “A Spectacular fusion of Northwest Bounty, European Techniques, Mediterranean sensibility and Pacific Rim Pizzazz.” —Food & Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ponti Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
Ponti Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (126)great for outdoor dining (118)special occasion (106)romantic (92)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (49)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- YummyCeliaDined on 10/19/2014Excellent dinner and service -- as usual. The waiter was excellent, the meal was very generous and especially loved the fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely incredible.East2westDined on 10/19/2014Thank you Seattle Restaurant Week for introducing me to this gem. The food was OUT. STANDING. the service was supremely top notch and the patio ambiance was tranquil and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!cp46Dined on 10/12/2014We were celebrating a 90th birthday and a 10th anniversary and Ponti was just the right place. The food was fabulous, the service was attentive and the atmosphere was cozy. Our experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okkantdreDined on 10/11/2014small portions & not as good as usual. It was busy & a bit too noisy to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Ambience galore!SuseDined on 10/11/2014Our second time to Ponti and we enjoyed it as much as the first. We asked for a specific table and they made sure we had it! the food and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Terrific!AnnieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Ponti, and it was the ideal restaurant. I recommend it wholeheartedly!Special Features:
- Good food, good ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The food is always good at Ponti's. However, this time, the service was not the best that we have experienced when dining there.Special Features:
- jojoflyerDined on 9/30/2014Ponti never disappoints. I love their food-especially their signature dish the Thai chili penne pasta. It is fabulous!! Great ambiance-great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood dinners!FamilythreeDined on 9/30/2014We enjoy Ponti's every time we want an intimate dinner with friends or just a romantic night out. The tasty and innovative seafood dishes and great service, peaceful canal view, comfortable setting, and even an outdoor dining opportunity.....just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nadia!!!smeredithsVIPDined on 9/28/2014When I thought our first dinner in town had a great waiter, I was not prepared for our final night dinner service. Nadia was exceptional. Wonderful disposition and clearly loves doing what she is doing. An asset to the Ponti staff. I started with the Dungeness Crab Spring Rolls, husband had the Grilled Octopus, then we each had the Grilled Wild Alaska King Salmon. He is not much of a dessert person, and since we were on vacation, I had the Moelleux au Chocolat, which was AMAZING. We look forward to our next visit, which will of course include a stop again at Ponti.Special Features:
- A Seattle classicLindaPVIPDined on 9/26/2014Not much to say about Ponti that hasn't already been said. It is a classic Seattle restaurant and a favorite of many for years. I am never disappointed. The food is wonderful, the service excellent and the atmosphere a joy, especially on the deck on a warm evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites!!!! No matter if we go for brunch or dinner the food is always excellent!! The ambiance, scenic view (if you love to watch boats and especially sculls! We definitely highly recommend experiencing Ponti's!!!! We always enjoy being outside as the canal is so relaxing! Have taken friends and they all rave about it!!! Great biking path nearby or always parking for your car!!! The wine, entrees, appetizers, salads and desserts are always beautifully presented and taste outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceAlapaDined on 9/22/2014Made reservations for 35th wedding anniversary. We'd requested and were seated at a window table. When we arrived there were rose petals and a congratulatory card on the table. Very nice touch! Our server was friendly as were all of the staff. All-in-all an excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is one of our most favorite spots- this time I tried a dessert with molten melted chocolate in a crunchy crust-amazing- the fish always good-everything very fresh and the staff excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood stew!DelphinDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner. I especially liked how the menu uses only wild and sustainably harvested seafood. That made me feel really good about my menu choices. The seafood stew was great. The Weathervane scallops in the stew were really good -- tender and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ponti'sTomasDined on 9/14/2014Fortunately, we went on a quiet night and were lucky to be seated outdoors. Staff was very courteous and made our experience pleasant. Young woman who was our waitress was polite.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningwysiwygVIPDined on 9/13/2014Three of us dined at Ponti and we had a lovely evening. My compliments to the staff as we called to alert them that we were running late for our reservation and that was not a problem for them. Two of the members are sensitive to the cold and though it was a warm day, I was uncertain about sitting outside. The staff let us walk and talk and were very helpful in finding the warmest of outdoor places and heat lamp. The food was predictably good. We always have seafood there and as always it was very well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- dottieVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Peach Pie was DELICIOUS and the calamari was tasty!
- SharmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went for a late dinner and loved the experience and food. This is a scenic spot for our out of town visitors who will love the view along the canal and Fremont Bridge.Special Features:
- Our go-to restaurantLMcC1Dined on 9/6/2014We live 10 minutes away and find that Ponti's is our go-to restaurant, whether for a light meal in the bar for happy hour, or a full on meal. The food has always been consistently well prepared, with a nice variety on the menu without being overwhelmed. On warm nights. you can't beat the deck to watch boats on the canal. And it's not noisy like the newer trendy restaurants - we can visit with friends and not have to yell so we look forward to relaxing, enjoyable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 9/5/2014Ponti's is always a winner in every category. The service has started getting incredibly attentive at the same time slow. when the waiters come they are amazing, the problem is they disappear for way too long; especially when ordering.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningGerpVIPDined on 9/5/2014We try to go to Ponti's every summer and sit outside on the deck. This year was exceptionally nice as the weather was very warm. The menu had been nicely updated -- loved the tuna tataki and the grilled octopus appetizers. Fish is always excellent and fresh. The wine list has a great selection from moderate to special occassion prices. The service was good, except the waitress did not place the right order for my husband. Because we did not want to interupt the pace of our meal, we did not send it back, but he ordered the cod, not the smoked cod and he was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Thai Curry Penne!CStewartDined on 8/30/2014Try as I might, and it is tough because so many things on the menu sound good, I usually go back to the Thai Curry Penne. It is such a unique dish and definitely my favorite.Special Features:
- Watchin' the world float by.DinnerBuckDined on 8/29/2014Great night at Ponti again! Beautiful summer Seattle evening and a spot on their lovely deck with every kind of boat going by from barges to paddle boards. Black Cod and their Halibut preparation were the stunning food part of the evening! Our friends from Florida couldn't have been happier! Thank you Ponti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodDavidCDined on 8/28/2014Seafood was very fresh and saucesdn made them taste excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We had reservations at 5:45 and were promptly seated with a choice of outdoor spots. We started off with the crab spring rolls. Flavor was great, but sauce should have been kept in a side dish. We proceeded with the arugula salad and corn chowder, which was just average. We ordered halibut and the filet. The halibut was cooked perfectly, although could have used more seasoning. The gnocchi served with it was absolutely delicious. My husband should have kept to the seafood, as the filet had some gristle which was disappointing. Ended perfectly with the molten chocolate cake. Service was very good, but the outdoor view was what made our evening.Special Features:
- excellent eveningNWroamer3617Dined on 8/23/2014we loved it all! a perfect dinner spot for my husband's birthday. My scallops, all 5, were tops. Husbands halibut was perfect. Our calamari appetizer started it all wonderfully. All was terrific, incldung our table on their full outside deck. a pefect eveningSpecial Features:
- Fun PlaceSPBVSBDined on 8/21/2014Had a real nice meal with friends. Food, fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful AnniversaryMadisonDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I dined here for our 3rd anniversary and it was fantastic. We requested a table outside in our reservation and they followed through! Our table was right by the ship canal, so we could see the boats go by. It was a little noisy, but amusing. We ordered a rose from France and finished the whole bottle! We started with the sriracha lime shrimp and crab rangoons which were delicious. My husband had the king salmon and I ordered the halibut, both were perfect. We finished the meal with the molten chocolate cake. I would definitely recommend Ponti for any special occasion or even a casual dinner. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rs54Dined on 8/19/2014Ponti is a lovely place for a quiet family or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dining--again!lulueatsDined on 8/18/2014Sauteed calamari so good, sopped up most of the sauce. The scallops' sauce was unctuous yet citrusy, the aroma of the charred peppers lending a lovely earthy smokiness to the dish. So reliably good, when a friend comes to town, this is where we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, delightful viewCedarTreeDined on 8/17/2014Have dined here several times, especially in summer because of the great view from the deck, overlooking the busy ship canal, Fremont bridge & bike path. Food is consistently very good. The Thai curry Penne with scallops is luscious. My partner's grilled sockeye in a soy/lemon grass glaze was done perfectly. Service on previous visits has been quite good although this time our server seemed to disappear for long periods which was disappointing. Their loyalty program (ex: $20 off 2 entrees on your anniversary) is a great deal and a nice way to be reminded to return to this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014This was our first time to Ponti's. We took another couple with us to thank them for watching our house while we were away on vacation. The restaurant was everything and more that was described. We sat outside and watched the boats as we dined. The food was excellent and presentation very nicely done. Our server was excellent. She was knowledgeable of the menu and wine list and gave us just the right amount of attention. Ponti's is definitely on our list of great Seattle restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious!JaneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our family has been going to Ponti for years to celebrate special occasions and other times just to have a delicious meal. The seafood is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good betChowderHoundDined on 8/16/2014Ponti Seafood Grill is always going to provide a predictably great dinner. I have eaten here many times and I always return for more. If I am looking for a nice dinner with friends, family, or work colleagues, this spot will always remain a go-to restaurant that has fresh Pacific Northwest flavors, nice atmosphere, great service, and a fabulous wine list. The Thai Curry Penne Pasta is one of my favorites. The owner is very attentive to guests' needs and cares a lot about the dining experience of his patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now averageSdccDined on 8/15/2014Ponti is no longer what it used to be. The food is now average but the prices remain high in relation to the quality. Of note, the restaurant wants to be considered as a high end one and for that, they should renew their dinnerware.
- Ponti is still PerfectClayinSeattleDined on 8/15/2014Been going to this place since the 80's.....and it is still one of my favorites. The wait staff are familiar faces, and I to them. The menu changes enough to keep my interest, but is still reliable. The Happy Hour is one of the neighborhood's best kept secrets. Love this place!Special Features:
- A lovely evening!ellieDined on 8/14/2014Our waitress was attentive, friendly and was happy to let us practice our French with her. The food was delicious too!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is always great -- even the non-seafood dishes. Service is often neglectful or forgetful. If Ponti could figure out service, it would always be packed.Special Features:
- Great place to enjoy a long dinnerSeafooddietDined on 8/13/2014This is a very nice place nessled along the canal. They serve delicious seafood. The crowd is a bit older, but don't let that deter you if you're in your 20s or early 30s. It's a great date spot with a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.