Ponti Seafood Grill
3014 3rd Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ponti Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pontiseafoodgrill.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: (206) 284-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Served Nightly from 4:00 to 6:30 and 9:00 to close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Alvin Binuya
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Four private rooms with water views & private patios available for groups of 8 to 200. Off-site Catering also available, please contact our Private Dining office at (206) 284-3000 or request a date on-line at: http://www.pontiseafoodgrill.com/pd-reservations.html
A word from Ponti Seafood Grill
Nestled next to the Fremont Bridge overlooking the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti Seafood Grill resembles a Mediterranean style villa and offers one of the most unique water views Seattle has to offer. Since 1990, Ponti has delighted the palates of their guests with a menu that offers an array of eclectic flavors ranging from pan-Asian, Mediterranean, classic European and Pacific Northwest fusion, under the creative guidance of proprietors, Richard and Sharon Malia. Ponti’s reputation for its dedication to providing fine service and exquisite cuisine ensures that your visit will be well remembered. “A Spectacular fusion of Northwest Bounty, European Techniques, Mediterranean sensibility and Pacific Rim Pizzazz.” —Food & Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ponti Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
Ponti Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (115)special occasion (97)great for outdoor dining (94)fit for foodies (88)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (48)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)Show More
- 63mikeDined on 7/16/2014What a wonderful smoked black cod entrée! Fabulous wine and also they let you buy at retail cost to them any wine you love! A very pleasant spot for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2014The food was amazing. It was hard to enjoy it because the restaurant was so cold. Great waitstaff, and good drinks.Special Features:
- LovelyAustinscoutDined on 7/14/2014On a beautiful summer evening the charming balcony on the ship channel is matchless for dinner. Staff was polished and helpful (how can you improve on the valet parker who walked out to the main road to wave the taxi in to pick us up - the restaurant is not easily visible). Food was a good match for the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Seated on the patio overlooking the ship canal, enjoying superb wine on a wonderful evening - can't be beat in Seattle! Our out of town guests, who are heavily involved in food services, said this was one of their best meals ever! My wife and I get to enjoy Ponti's more often, but very much agree - the food and service are always terrific, and the ambience is very hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor treatBirthdaydameDined on 7/12/2014This was our 2nd time here for our anniversary dinner. It is delightful to sit out on the patio on a nice day. Service was good and I really like the fact that we did not feel rushed. It is a seafood place, so I ordered what I would not make at home, scallops. They were cooked just right on a nice sauteed vegetable bed which had just the right flavor - not to overpowering, but enough punch. My husband especially liked the peppers. He had halibut and said he would order it again. I want to come back and sit in the bar sometime. Parking spots are tight, but doable. Patio chair cushions could use some updating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableSeattleRainReaderDined on 7/12/2014We are lucky that Ponti is in the 'hood. Anything from happy hour to a very special occassion, Ponti is designed to accomodate. The food and service always exceptional...we are never disappointed. Richard Malia is the consumate restauuranteur making each guest feel welcome and special. Many of the staff, such as Rosa have been part of the Ponti family for decades making the guest feel great. Whether entertaining guests for business, tucking in for a quick cocktail with the girls, baby showers or birthdays in the private dining rooms or a romantic dinner with the hubz, Ponti fits the bill!Special Features:
- Exceptional most of the time.steveoDined on 7/11/2014The Dungeness Crab Rolls have long been a feature and they are superb. The food generally has always been exceptional. The waiters are sometimes off, but we had a lovely woman who was right on the ball and very knowledgeable. The noise level is that of a busy restaurant, but one is still able to talk comfortably. The last time we were there 20+ people had been seated at one table in the main dining room on a weekend night in the prime dining hours. Even if this restaurant did not have private dining space (which they do), this is simply not on. I understand the economics of seating large, special occasion parties, but there are ways of doing this that don't detract from the ambience which is the primary reason we go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponti Seafood RestaurantphyllisDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant was perfect on a hot summer night. Patio dining is lovely, and the view terrific. Food was excellent, and the service was with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit ... great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Wife's B'Day ... she & I really enjoyed the great food and the outdoor ambiance of the the water and bridge activity. Jason served us and he was terrific!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday diningchscakeDined on 7/6/2014I had been to this restaurant in the past so since I was sent a voucher for my birthday I thought I would go here again. The experience on all levels surpassed my prior experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Pricing,food and service was well rounded in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Outdoor Dining in Seattleseattlefoodie100Dined on 7/6/2014We have cherished out times at Ponti's sitting on the deck overlooking the Mountlake Cut. The food selections are outstanding. Eating here always creates lasting memories not only about the food but also the beautiful setting. This last visit two of us had the smoked cod. Wonderful!! Thank you for doing it again Ponti's!Special Features:
- ImpressedSeattleDaveDined on 7/5/2014First time at Ponti was for a birthday dinner with family. I very much appreciated the fine seafood, well-prepared vegetables, decor, slow rythm, super waitstaff, and international feel of Ponti. What a gem to discover on north Queen Anne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Great ..awesome... Great food ....valet...... Romantic.....Special Features:
- FoodSnob007Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to Ponti. We were very pleased with the service, environment, food quality & freshness of the ingredients of our dishes. We are new to the area & will be making Ponti a regular destination for great food & sophisticated atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summertreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner and a beautiful table added to the special evening. The food was terrific and creative. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed their usual excellenceLindDined on 6/28/2014I was really looking forward to the lamb shank. I had to send it back because it was so salty. Reordered the black cod, which was outstanding... but missing the little squash that was supposed to be on the plate. I didn't appreciate that my husband got his order, and then I had to wait 10-15 minutes for mine. The manager made no appearance, but the waitress did her best to apologize. The memory of what was supposed to be a lovely dinner, instead became a good but annoying dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Hidden, Great SommelierBallardMomDined on 6/27/2014Even though it was drizzling, we experienced a serene atmosphere and stayed warm and dry out on the canal-side deck thanks to their awning and heaters. The tuna tartar was bright, the sommelier was very helpful and the seafood stew with coconut did not disappoint my taste buds, nor my attempt to stick to a Paleo diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday DinnermllpDined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful time! Everything was great: the food, the service and the rose petals and birthday card on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponti's for anniversary dinnerJackDined on 6/26/2014Looking for a new seafood restaurant I chose Ponti's to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. We liked their menu and made a reservation. My wife and I both agreed the food was OK but nothing special. She had the halibut and I had salmon. Both were good sized servings but not very creative, and just average overall. There are many seafood restaurants choices and while everything was OK, we would not return. Our waiter was nice but nothing special either, made no recommendations or talked about food choices or preparation.Special Features:
- Feels like European DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a lovely able outside by the canal and it was lovely. Dinner was tasty and fresh. We live very close by, but felt like we were on the River Seine in France.Special Features:
- Summer Solstice Dining expereinceJLLinSeattleDined on 6/21/2014We're first time visitors to Ponti Seafood Grill; had only read other reviews prior to dining here. Therefore, I was expecting a great experience based on my research. However, the descriptions written by other diners did not do justice to the fantastic food preparations, wine list and ambiance. Although very busy with patrons, the service, food and deserts were terrific and we were not rushed to finish and depart. However, given the June 21st local activities and the number of drop in's waiting to be seated, we were mindful of the restaurant's situation and departed as soon as we had our coffee. We want to try the other offerings as the menu was varied and preparations were unique but not trying to be "over the top". Just Terrific!Special Features:
- Rose petalsMoltebeneDined on 6/19/2014It was our anniversary and our table by the window was decorated with rose petals. Very lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponti For Good FoodFlyhighVIPDined on 6/17/2014As usual, the seafood was great. Yummie would be a good descriptive word. Wine list is average and the prices. Are $$$. Very good value. I love the seafood stew. One of the best in town. My wife and I will certainly return.Special Features:
- Birthday & Aniversary TraditionbuckwheatDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy dining at Ponti and never miss celebrating our anniversaries are birthdays there. Wonderful food, cocktails and outstanding service.Special Features:
- lovely food in delightful settingsashaDined on 6/14/2014Ponti's is a beautiful and elegant place with a unique view of the canal and passing ships. Most of the food is creative and of high quality and presented on the dish with fine aesthetics. It is notably quiet unlike so many trendy restaurants with their pounding and intrusive music. The Thai Penne contained less fish than usual and was less spicy but the calamari, halibut and chocolate molten cake were superb.Special Features:
- ambiance and great foodbirthdayDined on 6/10/2014Went to Ponti for a first date. Classy restaurant with a great view and ambiance. The food was also superb. The halibut and salmon we ordered were cooked perfectly and served beautifully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerScotsmanDined on 6/10/2014I make it to Ponti's about every 3 months. Always super service, and great food. Definitely a place where you are not rushed out the door.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceLovetravelDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ponti's on a weeknight when there weren't so many people there. We sat in a smaller side room but still had a view of the Fremont Bridge and the canal. It was a relaxing evening and the food was excellent. I had salmon and others at our table had the lamb shank and we all thought the food was wonderful, particularly the broccolini that came with it. The bread came with a delicious oil and balsamic and garlic dip and they brought us extra bread since we enjoyed it so much. Afterwards, we drove the few extra blocks to visit the flower memorial that was set up at SPU. There were so many flower bouquets that it formed a huge pile and there were candles burning on the sidewalk in commemoration of the shooting. So sad!Special Features:
- Just okayrosieDined on 6/9/2014The lobster spring rolls were fabulous. The cod dish was no better than I can make at home I was disappointed. Dessert was good but nothing to write home about. Service was good but one side order was forgotten and took a while to flag down the server.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood selectionBikinglibrarianDined on 6/9/2014Amazing selection of seafood for appetizers & main dishes. Service is very professional & nice views both inside & on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoriteSeattliteDined on 6/8/2014Outstanding seafood and we always recommend to friends when they ask for dining recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper River SalmonbgrungemanDined on 6/8/2014Excellent preparation for the salmon. I ate every crumb on my plate. My wife had the tenderloin (right, at a seafood restaurant). It was amazing... nicely aged and with yukon gold scalloped potatoes... heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellevuediner55Dined on 6/8/2014Our waiter was very hesitant to provide 2 separate checks for our party of 4.... And his hands shook violently when he served drinks.... He apologized but he seemed very stressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponti still does great salmonwannabeDined on 6/4/2014Love the salmon. In general, the food is what brings us here. Some aspects of the service seems to have gone downhill however.Special Features:
- VisitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful food and great presentation. A nice water view on the deck made it extra pleasent!Special Features:
- Great foodcycleguyDined on 5/30/2014Both the king salmon and halibut were excellent. and the salad was exquisite. Expensive but with a groupon was a good value.Special Features:
- Canalside pleasurebistrofanaticVIPDined on 5/24/2014Although the menus might be a bit limiting for the eclectic eater, the great fresh/local (especially seafood) dishes, in combination with an overlook view of the Lake WA Ship Canal, can make for a particularly pleasurable dining experience. One of THE best places in the whole city that you can have a long, conversational meal without shouting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As delicious as always!ConnieDined on 5/24/2014Almost always go to Ponti's for a special time - very fresh & beautifully prepared meals. We went twice in thee last couple of weeks - so pleasant to sit outside there.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencewinerdinerDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at Ponti's! We travel to Seattle every year at the end of May to take advantage of the Copper River King Salmon served in Seattle restaurants. The preparation at Ponti's was just the way we like it - grilled with mashed potatoes and thick asparagus. It was delicious and at $49, it was a lot less expensive than other restaurants (the high we paid was $65 and not nearly as good) making it an exceptional value. We will now add Ponti's to our not-to-be-missed list for next year and hopefully for many years to come!Special Features:
- Perfect eveninganneVIPDined on 5/23/2014Wonderful seafood, especially the crab rangoon and halibut. We were able to sit on the patio and watch the boats go by while drinking manhattans! Service was attentive but not overbearing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.