Ponti Seafood Grill
3014 3rd Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ponti Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pontiseafoodgrill.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: (206) 284-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Served Nightly from 4:00 to 6:30 and 9:00 to close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Alvin Binuya
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Four private rooms with water views & private patios available for groups of 8 to 200. Off-site Catering also available, please contact our Private Dining office at (206) 284-3000 or request a date on-line at: http://www.pontiseafoodgrill.com/pd-reservations.html
A word from Ponti Seafood Grill
Nestled next to the Fremont Bridge overlooking the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti Seafood Grill resembles a Mediterranean style villa and offers one of the most unique water views Seattle has to offer. Since 1990, Ponti has delighted the palates of their guests with a menu that offers an array of eclectic flavors ranging from pan-Asian, Mediterranean, classic European and Pacific Northwest fusion, under the creative guidance of proprietors, Richard and Sharon Malia. Ponti’s reputation for its dedication to providing fine service and exquisite cuisine ensures that your visit will be well remembered. “A Spectacular fusion of Northwest Bounty, European Techniques, Mediterranean sensibility and Pacific Rim Pizzazz.” —Food & Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ponti Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
Ponti Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)special occasion (99)great for outdoor dining (98)fit for foodies (89)romantic (85)neighborhood gem (75)notable wine list (49)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)Show More
- Great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014We go here periodically. Easy since we live in the neighborhood. The food is always good, the service excellent, and it's not too noisy/loud. We ended up enjoying the Dine Around Seattle special, though we weren't planning on it. Our waiter Abel was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine around Seattle PromotionDKCHVIPDined on 11/16/2014As usual, the food was exceptionally tasty and the service excellent. Unfortunately, the $33 Dine around Seattle promotion was not fully spelled out on the website. Yes, the entire menu was open for selection, but most of the more desirable entrees cost an additional $10. Our waiter cleared up the questions we had, but we felt somewhat misled by the lack of full disclosure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were amazingMushakinsDined on 11/15/2014The view, ambiance and service were amazing. We ordered 3 types of oysters all of which were very fresh and delicious. We had the calamari appetizer which was mediocre as far as taste and texture. I would not get it again and I'm a huge calamari fan. We ordered the filet and the New York steak, both of which were cooked to perfection and amazing in taste. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sspireDined on 11/12/2014We ordered 2 kinds of fish. Both of the fish were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2014For the November Dine Around they put their entire menu on the price fix (with a few of the entrees costing extra). An incredible bargain on the dine around. Of course, it was too late in the year to enjoy the great outdoor patio overlooking the water.Special Features:
- Mixed on FoodpatronVIPDined on 11/10/2014Ambiance and Service were very nice, but the food was not consistent. I had the King Salmon (paid extra for it) but it was not as good as the Sockeye (no additional cost for the Dine Around Seattle promo). My friend had the black cod and it was a generous cut but smoked. We felt fish was frozen initially then thawed prior to cooking. We expected fresh fish not frozen for a restaurant of this caliber. Thus our mixed review. I'll try asking first before ordering whether the fish is fresh or not.Special Features:
- Great service, fabulous food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Ponti is always consistent in it's food preparation and culinary options as well as it's service. The professional wait staff makes a huge difference in the experience vs. going to a trendy spot that doesn't teach the fine nuances of service. Seafood and NW cuisine is always a mainstay at Ponti.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodRaisin76Dined on 11/9/2014Ponti always delivers outstanding service, delicious food and a fabulous overall dining experience. That's why we coming back for group dinners and special occasions. The Dine Around promotion was a great deal and they let you choose anything off their regular menu which very few restaurants offer!Special Features:
- Ponti never disappointsConnieDined on 11/5/2014Delicious food in a graceful, sparkling environment. Excellent, nonintrusive service. My favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Four of us had dinner on the dine around Seattle week. Menu didn't have prices if you didn't want to do the dine around Seattle option, although you could ask for it, perhaps. Service was great, but the food was inconsistent and mostly not as good as one would expect. Too much salt here, not enough flavor there. The service was good and the view great. If the food was a home run this place would really rock.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Service and amibiance are outstanding. As soon as you enter the restaurant, you are in for an excellent experience. Very interesting, fresh and well-prepared foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a neat find!MosieSaysVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went with the hubs and a friend. I had the sriracha shrimp appetizer, loved the kick. Entree was swordfish which was moist (what?! you can do that!? Lol!) and beautifully accompanied. Really great staff that helps each other out with bringing this and that and pouring wine. Valet parking for $3. Right on the water, so will most def come back in the summer.
- Our go to for a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014We enjoy walking to Ponti and dining on the fresh seafood. The menu is always solid and we love the view of the canal too. It's a great spot for us to be able to talk and have private conversation in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- cooptogoDined on 10/28/2014The food was terrific, both the lamb and the Thai penne. We also enjoyed Calamari appetizers and excellent desserts. The service was puzzling, in that it was fine when our server was there, but he would disappear from time to time and we had to wait longer than one would expect to for the next course or the check. Not a bad place to be stuck but we would have been happy to be out the door twenty minutes earlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty EveningDuelingNoshersDined on 10/28/2014My boyfriend and I went to Ponti during Seattle's Restaurant Week for a date night. The menu was magnificent! We had the calamari and drab spring rolls, lamb shank and seafood gumbo, then a chocolate molten cake and lemon tart for dessert. Everything was DELICIOUS! I also recommend the Pear Martini and the Old Fashion.Special Features:
- Most Enjoyable!SeahawksFanDined on 10/27/2014Excellent service and delicious food! The ambience is relaxing and would be a nice romantic spot for dinner if I wasn't travelling solo this week.Special Features:
- Not too shabbyKatRHDined on 10/27/2014Pretty low quality bread as far as fine dining goes, but it was nontheless eaten. Entrees took a while to come out. Was kind of confusing as there we so many options (i.e. substitute app for dessert). The dessert I ordered never came out even though I had only two courses before then. They didn't offer to take my dining companion's coat. Otherwise everyone was nice, and the food was delicious as always. Will come again!Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchCarsDined on 10/26/2014I joined friends to dine at Ponti's for Seattle Restaurant Week . While the selections on the online menu offered several choices , I was very dissapointed to note that once we arrived to see the actual menu it had as many options for an additional $10 as those advertised at $30.. This in addition to the waiter suggesting that I choose another entree once I made my decision at the up charge of $10. This turned what should have been a great restaurant week value at $30 into a $40 meal (not as advertised).Special Features:
- Jade490Dined on 10/22/2014We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at Ponti's. Everything was outstanding...from the parking valet to the rose petals on the table to the superb menu it was just very, very special. Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJackarooDined on 10/20/2014We truly can't wait to return. The room was perfectly lit and ambience was warm and inviting. The wait staff was friendly, accommodating & knowledgeable. The squash soup, crab rolls & salads we're fresh and flavorful - perfect starters that led into amazing sockeye salmon & a seafood cioppino that made my girlfriend sing. Loved Ponti's.Special Features:
- YummyCeliaDined on 10/19/2014Excellent dinner and service -- as usual. The waiter was excellent, the meal was very generous and especially loved the fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely incredible.East2westDined on 10/19/2014Thank you Seattle Restaurant Week for introducing me to this gem. The food was OUT. STANDING. the service was supremely top notch and the patio ambiance was tranquil and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!cp46Dined on 10/12/2014We were celebrating a 90th birthday and a 10th anniversary and Ponti was just the right place. The food was fabulous, the service was attentive and the atmosphere was cozy. Our experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okkantdreDined on 10/11/2014small portions & not as good as usual. It was busy & a bit too noisy to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Ambience galore!SuseDined on 10/11/2014Our second time to Ponti and we enjoyed it as much as the first. We asked for a specific table and they made sure we had it! the food and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Terrific!AnnieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Ponti, and it was the ideal restaurant. I recommend it wholeheartedly!Special Features:
- Good food, good ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The food is always good at Ponti's. However, this time, the service was not the best that we have experienced when dining there.Special Features:
- jojoflyerDined on 9/30/2014Ponti never disappoints. I love their food-especially their signature dish the Thai chili penne pasta. It is fabulous!! Great ambiance-great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood dinners!FamilythreeDined on 9/30/2014We enjoy Ponti's every time we want an intimate dinner with friends or just a romantic night out. The tasty and innovative seafood dishes and great service, peaceful canal view, comfortable setting, and even an outdoor dining opportunity.....just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nadia!!!smeredithsVIPDined on 9/28/2014When I thought our first dinner in town had a great waiter, I was not prepared for our final night dinner service. Nadia was exceptional. Wonderful disposition and clearly loves doing what she is doing. An asset to the Ponti staff. I started with the Dungeness Crab Spring Rolls, husband had the Grilled Octopus, then we each had the Grilled Wild Alaska King Salmon. He is not much of a dessert person, and since we were on vacation, I had the Moelleux au Chocolat, which was AMAZING. We look forward to our next visit, which will of course include a stop again at Ponti.Special Features:
- A Seattle classicLindaPVIPDined on 9/26/2014Not much to say about Ponti that hasn't already been said. It is a classic Seattle restaurant and a favorite of many for years. I am never disappointed. The food is wonderful, the service excellent and the atmosphere a joy, especially on the deck on a warm evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites!!!! No matter if we go for brunch or dinner the food is always excellent!! The ambiance, scenic view (if you love to watch boats and especially sculls! We definitely highly recommend experiencing Ponti's!!!! We always enjoy being outside as the canal is so relaxing! Have taken friends and they all rave about it!!! Great biking path nearby or always parking for your car!!! The wine, entrees, appetizers, salads and desserts are always beautifully presented and taste outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceAlapaDined on 9/22/2014Made reservations for 35th wedding anniversary. We'd requested and were seated at a window table. When we arrived there were rose petals and a congratulatory card on the table. Very nice touch! Our server was friendly as were all of the staff. All-in-all an excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is one of our most favorite spots- this time I tried a dessert with molten melted chocolate in a crunchy crust-amazing- the fish always good-everything very fresh and the staff excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood stew!DelphinDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner. I especially liked how the menu uses only wild and sustainably harvested seafood. That made me feel really good about my menu choices. The seafood stew was great. The Weathervane scallops in the stew were really good -- tender and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ponti'sTomasDined on 9/14/2014Fortunately, we went on a quiet night and were lucky to be seated outdoors. Staff was very courteous and made our experience pleasant. Young woman who was our waitress was polite.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningwysiwygVIPDined on 9/13/2014Three of us dined at Ponti and we had a lovely evening. My compliments to the staff as we called to alert them that we were running late for our reservation and that was not a problem for them. Two of the members are sensitive to the cold and though it was a warm day, I was uncertain about sitting outside. The staff let us walk and talk and were very helpful in finding the warmest of outdoor places and heat lamp. The food was predictably good. We always have seafood there and as always it was very well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- dottieVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Peach Pie was DELICIOUS and the calamari was tasty!
- SharmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went for a late dinner and loved the experience and food. This is a scenic spot for our out of town visitors who will love the view along the canal and Fremont Bridge.Special Features:
- Our go-to restaurantLMcC1Dined on 9/6/2014We live 10 minutes away and find that Ponti's is our go-to restaurant, whether for a light meal in the bar for happy hour, or a full on meal. The food has always been consistently well prepared, with a nice variety on the menu without being overwhelmed. On warm nights. you can't beat the deck to watch boats on the canal. And it's not noisy like the newer trendy restaurants - we can visit with friends and not have to yell so we look forward to relaxing, enjoyable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.