Ponti Seafood Grill
3014 3rd Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ponti Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pontiseafoodgrill.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: 2062843000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Served Nightly from 4:00 to 6:30 and 9:00 to close. (**Please note, we do NOT accept Happy Hour Reservations)
Lunch is served during the month of DECEMBER ONLY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Alvin Binuya
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Four private rooms with water views & private patios available for groups of 8 to 200. Off-site Catering also available, please contact our Private Dining office at (206) 284-3000 or request a date on-line at: http://www.pontiseafoodgrill.com/pd-reservations.html
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE DINING AT PONTI: Nestled next to the historic Fremont Bridge on the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti is reminiscent of a Mediterranean style villa and stands watch over ships passing under one of the world’s busiest bascule bridges. Four rooms available. 1) BUENA VISTA ROOM: (Seats 8 to 24) Bay windows offer a 180° view overlooking the ship canal and historic bridges creating a quiet and intimate dining experience. 2) SWORDFISH ROOM: (Seats 10 to 26) French doors and bay windows afford sweeping views of the ship canal and the Fremont & Aurora bridges. Ideal for cocktail parties. 3) GRAND DINING ROOM: (Seats up to 75) Mediterranean ambiance and unique artwork compliment the extraordinary view afforded by a wall of windows. 4) TAPESTRY ROOM: (Accommodates up to 40 seated or 50 reception style) Looking out over the ship canal towards the Fremont and Aurora Bridges, this room offers seclusion and tranquility. Adjacent private patio may be reserved with the room during summer.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Edwards 2062843000
A word from Ponti Seafood Grill
Nestled next to the Fremont Bridge overlooking the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti Seafood Grill resembles a Mediterranean style villa and offers one of the most unique water views Seattle has to offer. Since 1990, Ponti has delighted the palates of their guests with a menu that offers an array of eclectic flavors ranging from pan-Asian, Mediterranean, classic European and Pacific Northwest fusion, under the creative guidance of proprietors, Richard and Sharon Malia. Ponti’s reputation for its dedication to providing fine service and exquisite cuisine ensures that your visit will be well remembered. “A Spectacular fusion of Northwest Bounty, European Techniques, Mediterranean sensibility and Pacific Rim Pizzazz.” —Food & Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ponti Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
Ponti Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (139)scenic view (138)special occasion (118)romantic (104)fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (68)notable wine list (45)good for groups (30)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Dinner at Ponti'sTomasDined on 9/14/2014Fortunately, we went on a quiet night and were lucky to be seated outdoors. Staff was very courteous and made our experience pleasant. Young woman who was our waitress was polite.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningwysiwygDined on 9/13/2014Three of us dined at Ponti and we had a lovely evening. My compliments to the staff as we called to alert them that we were running late for our reservation and that was not a problem for them. Two of the members are sensitive to the cold and though it was a warm day, I was uncertain about sitting outside. The staff let us walk and talk and were very helpful in finding the warmest of outdoor places and heat lamp. The food was predictably good. We always have seafood there and as always it was very well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- dottieVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Peach Pie was DELICIOUS and the calamari was tasty!
- SharmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went for a late dinner and loved the experience and food. This is a scenic spot for our out of town visitors who will love the view along the canal and Fremont Bridge.Special Features:
- Our go-to restaurantLMcC1Dined on 9/6/2014We live 10 minutes away and find that Ponti's is our go-to restaurant, whether for a light meal in the bar for happy hour, or a full on meal. The food has always been consistently well prepared, with a nice variety on the menu without being overwhelmed. On warm nights. you can't beat the deck to watch boats on the canal. And it's not noisy like the newer trendy restaurants - we can visit with friends and not have to yell so we look forward to relaxing, enjoyable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 9/5/2014Ponti's is always a winner in every category. The service has started getting incredibly attentive at the same time slow. when the waiters come they are amazing, the problem is they disappear for way too long; especially when ordering.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningGerpVIPDined on 9/5/2014We try to go to Ponti's every summer and sit outside on the deck. This year was exceptionally nice as the weather was very warm. The menu had been nicely updated -- loved the tuna tataki and the grilled octopus appetizers. Fish is always excellent and fresh. The wine list has a great selection from moderate to special occassion prices. The service was good, except the waitress did not place the right order for my husband. Because we did not want to interupt the pace of our meal, we did not send it back, but he ordered the cod, not the smoked cod and he was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Thai Curry Penne!CStewartDined on 8/30/2014Try as I might, and it is tough because so many things on the menu sound good, I usually go back to the Thai Curry Penne. It is such a unique dish and definitely my favorite.Special Features:
- Watchin' the world float by.DinnerBuckDined on 8/29/2014Great night at Ponti again! Beautiful summer Seattle evening and a spot on their lovely deck with every kind of boat going by from barges to paddle boards. Black Cod and their Halibut preparation were the stunning food part of the evening! Our friends from Florida couldn't have been happier! Thank you Ponti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodDavidCDined on 8/28/2014Seafood was very fresh and saucesdn made them taste excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We had reservations at 5:45 and were promptly seated with a choice of outdoor spots. We started off with the crab spring rolls. Flavor was great, but sauce should have been kept in a side dish. We proceeded with the arugula salad and corn chowder, which was just average. We ordered halibut and the filet. The halibut was cooked perfectly, although could have used more seasoning. The gnocchi served with it was absolutely delicious. My husband should have kept to the seafood, as the filet had some gristle which was disappointing. Ended perfectly with the molten chocolate cake. Service was very good, but the outdoor view was what made our evening.Special Features:
- excellent eveningNWroamer3617Dined on 8/23/2014we loved it all! a perfect dinner spot for my husband's birthday. My scallops, all 5, were tops. Husbands halibut was perfect. Our calamari appetizer started it all wonderfully. All was terrific, incldung our table on their full outside deck. a pefect eveningSpecial Features:
- Fun PlaceSPBVSBDined on 8/21/2014Had a real nice meal with friends. Food, fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful AnniversaryMadisonDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I dined here for our 3rd anniversary and it was fantastic. We requested a table outside in our reservation and they followed through! Our table was right by the ship canal, so we could see the boats go by. It was a little noisy, but amusing. We ordered a rose from France and finished the whole bottle! We started with the sriracha lime shrimp and crab rangoons which were delicious. My husband had the king salmon and I ordered the halibut, both were perfect. We finished the meal with the molten chocolate cake. I would definitely recommend Ponti for any special occasion or even a casual dinner. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rs54Dined on 8/19/2014Ponti is a lovely place for a quiet family or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dining--again!lulueatsDined on 8/18/2014Sauteed calamari so good, sopped up most of the sauce. The scallops' sauce was unctuous yet citrusy, the aroma of the charred peppers lending a lovely earthy smokiness to the dish. So reliably good, when a friend comes to town, this is where we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, delightful viewCedarTreeDined on 8/17/2014Have dined here several times, especially in summer because of the great view from the deck, overlooking the busy ship canal, Fremont bridge & bike path. Food is consistently very good. The Thai curry Penne with scallops is luscious. My partner's grilled sockeye in a soy/lemon grass glaze was done perfectly. Service on previous visits has been quite good although this time our server seemed to disappear for long periods which was disappointing. Their loyalty program (ex: $20 off 2 entrees on your anniversary) is a great deal and a nice way to be reminded to return to this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014This was our first time to Ponti's. We took another couple with us to thank them for watching our house while we were away on vacation. The restaurant was everything and more that was described. We sat outside and watched the boats as we dined. The food was excellent and presentation very nicely done. Our server was excellent. She was knowledgeable of the menu and wine list and gave us just the right amount of attention. Ponti's is definitely on our list of great Seattle restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious!JaneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our family has been going to Ponti for years to celebrate special occasions and other times just to have a delicious meal. The seafood is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good betChowderHoundDined on 8/16/2014Ponti Seafood Grill is always going to provide a predictably great dinner. I have eaten here many times and I always return for more. If I am looking for a nice dinner with friends, family, or work colleagues, this spot will always remain a go-to restaurant that has fresh Pacific Northwest flavors, nice atmosphere, great service, and a fabulous wine list. The Thai Curry Penne Pasta is one of my favorites. The owner is very attentive to guests' needs and cares a lot about the dining experience of his patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now averageSdccDined on 8/15/2014Ponti is no longer what it used to be. The food is now average but the prices remain high in relation to the quality. Of note, the restaurant wants to be considered as a high end one and for that, they should renew their dinnerware.
- Ponti is still PerfectClayinSeattleDined on 8/15/2014Been going to this place since the 80's.....and it is still one of my favorites. The wait staff are familiar faces, and I to them. The menu changes enough to keep my interest, but is still reliable. The Happy Hour is one of the neighborhood's best kept secrets. Love this place!Special Features:
- A lovely evening!ellieDined on 8/14/2014Our waitress was attentive, friendly and was happy to let us practice our French with her. The food was delicious too!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is always great -- even the non-seafood dishes. Service is often neglectful or forgetful. If Ponti could figure out service, it would always be packed.Special Features:
- Great place to enjoy a long dinnerSeafooddietDined on 8/13/2014This is a very nice place nessled along the canal. They serve delicious seafood. The crowd is a bit older, but don't let that deter you if you're in your 20s or early 30s. It's a great date spot with a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect blendSAvisitorDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I mixed and matched from the menu for an excellent meal. The halibut was delicious and the service was just the right degree of attentive. We'd do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our group of 5 arrived late to our reservation, but they held our table which had direct water views on their balcony. Our waitress was very patient with us. An older gentleman in our group does not have the best memory and changes his mind frequently. After tasting his first meal, he sent it back and ordered another dish. The management was very accommodating and did not charge us for the first. Our food and drinks were top notch and I could not have asked for better service or atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dinner By The BridgeSeattleKevinDined on 8/8/2014This was a first-time visit to this NW seafood hot spot just across the bridge from Fremont. The ambiance was great, our visiting guests loved the menu, the seafood was excellent, and the service was attentive but relaxed, allowing the evening to unfold at it's own pace. Valet parking is essentially the only option. The view of the Fremont Bridge and Ship Canal is a nice backdrop. This place is fairly pricey, but worth it as an event meal or occasional splurge.Special Features:
- Great fine dining experienceKenAidianDined on 8/4/2014I booked this restaurant after a guide-book recommendation, and was not disappointed. The watermelon gazpacho, fried oysters, King Salmon and Weathervane Scallops were fresh and tasted wonderful. The table outside with the riverfront view in the evening made it extra special. Service and valet parking were top notch. A little pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westport salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The local salmon was perfect, moist and flavorful. Loved the couscous and fennel on the side. We also enjoyed the signature gimlet! Very refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Ponti, the food was excellent and the outdoor area is very charmingSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Summer Eveningbad4uDined on 8/1/2014My group had a wonderful time; food was wonderful and server Nydia was very gracious and made our evening Great. My guest was from out of town and enjoy the food and restaurant so much. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GracieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good solid food but decor was a bit outdated and the restaurant seemed to cater to the more "mature" crowd.
- Great findjan2skiDined on 7/29/2014It seems like I've known about Ponti forever, but had just never gotten there. It too an anniversary outing to discover that it is a gem! Excellent on all accounts, from the front valet who suggested a parking place, the hostess, and all staff that served us. The food, smoked cod (!) was exquisite and melted in the mouth. Lovely presentation, side vegetables, etc. Good portions. Desserts did not disappoint! Only downside was noise from an adjacent table of jubuliant dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen Anne gemJeanVIPDined on 7/28/2014This restaurant was a great find in Seattle...lovely canal side location for viewing water activities--crew practice, passing ships of many kinds--with a lovely patio ambiance. Fresh oysters were fantastic, king salmon exquisite and a nice pouilly fume topped off the evening. It's a longish cab ride from the hotels in lower Queen Anne, but definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- bornforfoodDined on 7/27/2014Been there a few times and like the location with the view f the water. Prices are reasonable and foods are good except the clams that we ordered the last two times. The receipt is good but the clams are not great. Clams should be in season since I had great clams somewhere else. Maybe they need to check their supplier to get the best that they can.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at PontisOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014On a whim the wife and I decided to get dressed up and go to dinner at Pontis. We made reservations for 6:45 and were pleasantly surprised when they offered outdoor seating. It was a beautiful evening out, and we enjoyed watching all the boat traffic as we dinned. The food was fantastic, I had halibut and the wife had steak. Both meals were well prepared and portions were fair.Special Features:
- Date Night Perfect!Caro955Dined on 7/25/2014It was a most perfect evening! The food was beautifully prepared and quite delicious. The patio is more mike balcony eating overlooking the canal. The service was respectful of our intimate dining experience yet aware when we needed another beverage or plates to be cleared. We will return.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!bethDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I got to Ponti's every year for my birthday. Their deck, which looks out onto the canal and the Fremont Bridge, is one of my favorite places in Seattle. With great food and service (as well as their view), Ponti's is a wonderful place to linger on warm summer nights.Special Features:
- dine with out of town friendsFooDFunDined on 7/25/2014We love coming here with pals from out of town. The view is beautiful and serene, and if the weather is nice, sitting outside is delightful. The service is friendly and attentive, the food very well prepared with good variety (from relatively simple, fresh king salmon to a great Thai seafood curry, to the very yummy lamb shank). Friends (well-traveled folks from Washington DC) were impressed. We also love to come here for special romantic occasions.Special Features: