96 Northern Blvd
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pontemollo.com/
- Phone: 5168290005
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ponte Mollo
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ponte Mollo - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Ponte Mollo reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)romantic (14)good for groups (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- AverageFaveVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went with a friend & we both had the short ribs special. Nothing to write home about. Just eh.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 8/8/2014Marco has a fun place with good food.. a great neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We loved the ambience, it is romantic and quiet along with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!NYCatDined on 7/18/2014The service staff in Ponte Mollo is very attentive. Someone is always making sure your glass is full and you are enjoying your experience there. We ordered the Veal Saltibocca, Red snapper with gnocchi and the farfalle with pink sauce. The veal was cooked perfectly, and the farfalle was al dente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itTongDined on 7/17/2014A group of 4 went on a Thursday night. Started with 2 orders of baked clams. The taste is good, however, the clams are extremely small. Not satisfied with it. Then we ordered 4 entrees, they are ok, but again, the portions are small. All in all, food is good but kind of pricey when you consider the size of the portions.Special Features:
- Happy return customerschez26Dined on 6/30/2014Ponte Mollo provides a welcoming atmosphere with consistently good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Joseph CelentanoLongtimecutomerDined on 6/27/2014This is a great place wiith great food. Marco, the owner makes sure your visit is always special. From the welcomiong glass of champagne to the olives and cheese put on the table as soon as you are seated. Fabio, Wille and the staff are great. You are always treated with respect, They will accomodate any request. Go to Ponte Mollo again and again. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- A little piece of ItalyEstelleVIPDined on 6/3/2014You sit in this place and you feel like you are in a little town in Italy. The owner Marco is wonderful, food was great. Its very romantic, and they have a beautiful room if you have a large party. It's a definite place to try.Special Features:
- always goodCather123VIPDined on 5/16/2014Marco aims to please. Let him pick the wine and you will be very happy. Veal is great. Pastas wonderful. And eat your vegetables. They know how to make them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people. Great people!CesareDined on 5/11/2014The food was inventive, fresh and delicious. The couple running the place treated us like family. Peach sorbetto was served in a frozen peach, and the cheesecake was remarkable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Italian food and ambiancerendangDined on 5/10/2014Very good standard Italian fare at average to average+ prices for what you get. Good location on Northern Boulevard.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Ponte Mollo reviews archive.
- Great Food, A Little ChaoticLI23VIPDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our meals and the staff was was very warm and welcoming. As it got busier we felt like they forgot about us. it took a long time after we finished dinner for someone to come back to the table. We were going to order dessert but after the long wait we just decided to ask for the check. The food was good and the staff was very nice so we'll go back.Special Features:
- RBNYCVIPDined on 4/20/2014Love this place, food and service are great. It can be a bit loud if you are sitting next to people who feel the the need to talk at full volume or louder. One note, if you are going for brunch it actually starts at noon, not 11am - we made an 11:30 reservation on open table and when we arrived they were still getting set up. They seated us anyway which was nice.Special Features:
- Very good in every waycoreyman97VIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was delicious and creative. Black kale, crispy salmon and brook trout were all delicious. They brought us Prosecco, biscotti and a few other desert tastes. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Great meal and service!NivekDined on 3/29/2014From the moment we entered, we were treated like royalty. Marco was pleasant and gracious and offered us a terrific table for 4 in a private room near the window. The complimentary prosecco and flatbread appetizer along with the bread basket and olive/cheese tray were wonderful starters. My husband and I shared the romaine with gorgonzola dressing and our friends shared the arugula salad. Both were fine, nothing special. The salmon and chicken entrees were tasty and generous, however, the branzino was small and just ok. All came with string beans, carrots and mashed potatoes. The tiramisu and tartuffo were both delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious northern ItalianCather123VIPDined on 3/21/2014We are always so cozy here! The food is great, especially the pastas and veal dishes. Appetizers are terrific. Artichoke salad is particularly good. Service is warm and friendly, and it's fun to go with friends. They've changed the menu and a couple of favorites are missing (where'd the stuffed pork loin go?) and raised prices, but it's still quite reasonable for what you get. And the owner/host couldn't be more gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, a Neighborhood GemFundguyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The place is basically Vespa 2.0 (As of yesterday, the awing still said "Vespa.") Same charming owner/manager, same chef, similar menu (try one of the fresh pastas!). Meaning, if you liked Vespa (and we always did), you will probably like Ponte Mollo.Special Features:
- Like being in ItalyCather123VIPDined on 3/7/2014Delicious, fresh Northern Italian food in a charming atmosphere. We had the homemade pappardelle with oxtail - sensational. The veal and pork dishes have been excellent as well. Baked clams to start were terrific, and they know their wines. A real delight. We keep going back and bringing friends who become fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBig2ZVIPDined on 3/1/2014Lets begin with the fact that the restaurant changed its name and did not alert anyone or change the name on the top of the menu. The waiter was not knowledgable about anything and had to keep going to someone else to get answers. My chicken dinner was boring but others said their meal was good. I always have good luck with opentable. This was the first total flop. One more thing, the bathroom was so hot and rundown that I just wanted to do what had to be done and get out. Never going back.
- Ambience and FoodDebcatDined on 2/22/2014I loved this place when it was Vespa, and I still love it. Service was superb. Food was excellent and a little inventive. Atmosphere: relaxed sophistication, soft, warm lighting...it has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerGOMontesDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Ponte Mollo for Valentine's Day (2014) and we were very happy with the overall experience of the restaurant. They had valet parking. Very attentive waiters and greeters. They had a prefixed menu but I'm sure that was because of Valentine's. My wife had the lobster ravioli and I had the rib eye steak. Everything tasted delicious; from the complimentary bread (which we chowed down with olive oil), to the wine, to all the food. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esceelent new managementCather123VIPDined on 2/10/2014This is so Italian! Not what you'd expect on a funky part of Northern Blvd. We have now been 3 times in the past month (we live just a few blocks away) and are having a ball trying different menu items and specials. Stuffed pork roast is a new favorite with me, and the fresh pasta is great. We have found the prices to be fair and the portions ample. Very nice staff too. Will be back soon. Probably next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Surprise!FelicedollVIPDined on 2/8/2014Wow- so refreshing to find a local place that is not only charming but has a talented chef and innovative menu! This place really has it all, including a fab host! Marco sent over cordials before and after dinner.... smart man- this goes a long way! But the star of the night was certainly the food! Everything was delicious! Two small critiques though: 1) service a bit spotty- my boyfriend's dinner did not arrive with the others; we had to ask for it after a 5 minute wait 2)one pasta dish was too hot, the other too cold. That being said- this place is a neighborhood find with some of the best food on Long Island! I strongly recommend!Special Features:
- The old Vespa it's not.Cather123VIPDined on 1/26/2014The new iteration of this Italian restaurant is a gem. Terrific menu with interesting choices and worthwhile specials, we went back a week apart to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Warm service and an attentive maitre d makes it a great experience. The food is delicious, fresh and plentiful. Loved the fried calamari, and the pizza on the house was a nice touch. So too was the prosecco, fruit and after dinner cordial. Cordial is a good word. Really a lovely place to hang with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ownership of VespaCather123VIPDined on 1/18/2014We were shocked to find that this place was actually the old Vespa that has been near us for ages. And disappointed at first, because Vespa was nothing special and overpriced. Our delight began as they gave us small glasses of Prosecco once we were seated, and continued through out the delicious meal (artichoke salad special, cornish hen in balsamic sauce, fresh pasta with oxtail) right through to the complimentary little almond mousse and Limencello. Real Italian, so congenial and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.