Pomona Valley Mining Company
1777 Gillette Rd
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pomona Valley Mining Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pomonavalleyminingco.com/
- Phone: 9096233515
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Valenzuela
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With five banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Pomona Valley Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Catalfo 9096233515
- Entertainment: Coyote Lounge on Friday nights 8pm-1am offers fine drinks and beautiful live music, from bossa nova and jazz, to folk sounds and modern indie pop.
Currently two residencies at Coyote Lounge: Philosophy of Soul & Jetpacks and Laser Guns.
A word from Pomona Valley Mining Company
Pomona Valley Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pomona Valley Mining Company reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)special occasion (49)romantic (43)good for groups (36)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Only thing is when I made a reservation I requested to get seated next to window for the view but that didn't happen ..other then that loved the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014this was an experience for the others who have not had the pleasure of dining there before as I have. It was once a one of a kind experience in the area, but now its the standard for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food is always good. Friendly service. Fun. We had a party of 7 people and celebrating a birthday. They sang happy birthday to her and brought her some ice cream. good fun. we also ate early (5pm) because we were on our way to a concert at the fair. the service was quick and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunchVeronika23Dined on 9/14/2014You definitely get what you pay for here. Champagne is served often and the Bloody Mary's were $3 this past Sunday. Can't beat the food.Special Features:
- Good food - Good serviceSpunkyKDined on 9/14/2014We recently enjoyed a lovely brunch at the Pomona Valley Mining Company. Service was excellent. There was a good variety of food including made-to-order omelettes, waffles, prime rib,pasta bar, ribs, enchiladas, salads, crab legs and of course a delicious array of desserts. We ran out of room to eat all the good choices.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICE!!tommygunDined on 9/13/2014Amazing Steaks & King Crab!! ...And Service!! Bartender & WaitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had heard that this restaurant was noted for its salad bar. Not this night. Everything was out and not being refilled. The clam chowder was probably the worst I have ever had. The prime rib was good but not great. Fun for a one time visit to theme restaurant with view but not a place I would go for great food on a regular basis.Special Features:
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 15 wedding anniversary last Saturday night here. We were disappointed when our food arrived and we what we thought we ordered was not up to par. We ordered a rice pilaf each and what we got was microwaved rice with corn and peas ?? We did not complain however and just rolled with it. At 7 pm, 1 hour after we were seated we ordered desert. At 7:20 I asked me husband to inquire about it. When he asked Kathy she said it takes a while to make, so my husband said if it is not made already just cancel it, we need to pick up our daughter. She said I will bag it for you, we said no, it is ice cream, please don't ?! She then came back to tell us the order was not processed. We just paid and left.Special Features:
- True Treasure....come see!DAMILOVEITDined on 9/11/2014I must admit I have seen this place for years and I finally decided to try it out! I wasted years on such a FANTASTIC place. This place is AWESOME! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beatiful view nice date night spotinnerfishDined on 9/9/2014Food was ok, very traditional American comfort food. A lot lf fried stuff, not very healthy style. But the price is right and the view is awesome. A special note, didn't know all meals including unlimited salad bar, so don't order too much we did.Special Features:
- Pomona mining coRomz23Dined on 9/9/2014Steak was off the hook,and service was excellent,awesome view..overall this place was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-Sosksk1414Dined on 9/6/2014We had a reservation, the table wasn't ready. The table was set for the wrong number of people. We wanted to separate tables, they said they couldn't do that so we had to make two separate reservations. Then when we arrived they said we couldn't have two checks, one for each table?!? What?? You made us make two separate reservations, but now each table can't have their own check??? They relented on this one, but still it was awkward. Food was okay, nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Food came late but like going there whenI want to get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantflemate09Dined on 8/31/2014Very romantic, awesome service, and amazing food. The bourbon bread pudding is a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceMemorableDined on 8/23/2014I did not have a good experience at the restaurant. I had a reservation and the hostess made me wait at the lounge for 40 minutes. Would have been more of a wait but luckily another lady covered the hostess position and she very rapidly assisted me. Food and scenic view plus the server, were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It had 20years since being there last and was looking forward to it.The view was as amazing as I remembered.The food and service a bit disappointing.The waitress very nice and friendly but not real consistent on checking in on us.We dine out a lot and know truly what good service is.We will go back and give it another shot.Special Features:
- What great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014I took my best friend to Pomona Valley Mining Company for her birthday and we had a great time! The service was exemplary to say the least from the moment we arrived. Our server was on top of our every need and made the night even more special.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I've driven by this restaurant on the freeway many times, but never ventured up the hill to check it out. Turned out to be a great spot for a good steak, good margarita, great view, and the ability to have an enjoyable conversation during dinner! A refreshingly quiet and comfortable spot.Special Features:
- Pomona Valley Mininig CompanyDinnerDinerDined on 8/16/2014Service was good at the beginning, but slowed down after we received our food. I had to wait a while for my iced tea to be refilled, and we didn't see our waitress until the end of our meal. My guest and I ordered prime rib. It was way over cooked and tough. We didn't see the waitress to complain, plus we had plans after and didn't have time to request another plate. We ordered the baked potato with "the works" and it was a large baked potato and came with lots of butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- pretty nice evening food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014When we arrived for our 6PM reservation we were told to go to the bar and wait. Weird that they had 20 tables sitting emptyand it was obvious they wanted to sell us drinks. We enjoy a glass of wine at dinner but we are not drinkers. I was put of that we had to wait for only the reason of greedy management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewAJ22enjoyDined on 8/10/2014The Pomona mining is a very romantic Restraunt with a great view at night. I would also recommend their Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!roxydawl1823Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect! Food, view, service all fantastic! Will recommended and return 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud n proudWellmanneredfunDined on 8/8/2014Food was great and service was exceptional. The only problem, which wasn't my problem , was a new guest sat down and was obnoxiously loud. The guest began to intrude on another table without the staff asking her to reduce her antics to a reasonable level. It became entertainment for me since I was about to leave but if I had stayed any longer I would have made a comment to the staff or the woman being obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressivesuneaterDined on 8/8/2014Very impressive building and delicious food! I had the Ribeye, the special for the night. Cooked very well. We also the artichoke dip as an appetizer. Again very good food. Too much food in fact. I did appreciate the attention our server paid and timed when our food would arrive. I hate having to rush through my appetizer or salad to get to my main course. Thanks for a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningGREATDined on 8/8/2014The food there is ok but a bit over priced. Don't order the rib eye it's very thin and both times I have had it they over cook. My friends prime rib was very good. Also don't like you have to pay $3 to have a baked potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicekris1507Dined on 8/6/2014the only thing i have to complain about is server was not very friendly but the food was AMAZING!Special Features:
- good brunchsnkaniaDined on 8/3/2014Brunch was good. Nena was nice and the view was great we had our 3 year old and there were plenty of choices for all of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy the food not cooked correctSad2dineDined on 8/2/2014A sad anniversary my husband ate while I waited for food as mine was not cooked. The mashed potatoes were not fluffy they work completely watered-down. the waitress never checked on us & ignored us. It was supposed to be a special night. Never had any special treatment or any service. We went last year and loved it. The food was fat grizzly & undercooked;( the potatoes were watered-down and my husband paid extra for a baked potato. The fillet he ordered was tender as it should be. also undercooked from what he ordered, but had no flavor, very bland.Special Features:
- Amazing view and food :)JAMM3RSDined on 7/20/2014Went here for the first time to celebrate my anniversary with my boyfriend. Made a reservation and was seated right away with a beautiful view by the window. Food was delicious and all entrees came with the soup and salad bar. Very romantic. I also liked we sat nearby other people and couldn't hear their conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewmissdessertDined on 7/20/2014I love the location on the hill. We went to PVMC on a Sunday night, and it was not very crowded. The service was good but could have been better. We were shown to a table but preferred a booth, so the host showed us to a booth. He did not give us menus. When the waitress showed up later, she noticed that we had no menus. I had to request a child's menu also, as my granddaughter was with us. The food was good, the salad bar and soup bar was nice. We loved the cheese bread. I was not fond of the mashed potatoes, but the prime rib was good. They brought our five year old an ice cream sundae for dessert, which was a nice touch. All in all, a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An inland empire gemAwesomeDined on 7/17/2014Came for dinner and was impressed by the service! The host Matthew was very nice and helpful. The bartender Tatiana made great recommendations on whiskey. Try the Pomona Msnhattan. Then we had a romantic dinner and Brandee our waitress recommended the filet Mignon topped with mushrooms. So delicious. The view is amazing and the cheese bread and salad bar was so filling, try to hold back there cause portions are huge! Cool spot and a totally neat staple of this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and a good bargain.Love2snackDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and you get a lot for what you pay for. I had the chicken breast, which came with rice pilaf, cheese bread, and the soup/salad bar. Had a calamari appetizer which was fabulous. My husband had a rack of ribs which he savored. Lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy RicoMechieDined on 7/13/2014Great place for dinner and Sunday brunch. Loved it.... had fun staff is great... Robin my server was just a great person, very friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were very disappointed in the prices $10.00 for a tiny glass of wine and almost 70 dollars for 2 six once lobster tails (outrageous) prices. We will never go backSpecial Features:
- Terrible serviceGinnyDined on 7/12/2014We expected so much more:(. Not once did our waiter offer drink refills, not from the bar or water:(. We spent over $100 on dinner for two and expected to at least have our water glasses refilled! The dinner was excellent but the service was bad enough to have us look elsewhereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Great prime rib, sit by the window. Its is very niceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We had a nice dinner at Pomona Valley mining. The steaks were pretty good although two of the four ordered came out the wrong temperature. There is a decent salad bar and the cheese bread is good. Desserts are huge. It's a nice place for dinner with a great view and average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!TheHappyCoupleDined on 7/6/2014I brought my fiance to Pomona Valley Mining Co., already knowing it would be a very nice experience. Location, view, food, and service quality expectations were high. We were certainly not disappointed. From the salad & soup bar, to the appetizers and mains, we were both enjoying every bite and flavour! New York strip steak to coconut shrimp...all were done brilliantly. Our server, Kat, was wonderful and attentive as well. We truly felt like royalty, being catered to and treated to the highest quality foods, prepared with pride and no lack of experience! Well Done PVMC!!Special Features:
- Muy RicoMechieDined on 7/6/2014Took my daughter and her husband for Sunday Brunch. They enjoyed it very much, it was there first time. They were celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary. Thank you, Pomona Valley Mining Co., Robin (our server) and Garrett were fantastic, also great food... again thank you, very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July Spectacular!Latina1963Dined on 7/4/2014My fiancé and I wanted to celebrate the 4th of July with dinner, drinks and fireworks. Pomona Valley Mining Co. was the PERFECT choice with its SPECTACULAR panoramic view. With the assistance of OPEN TABLE we were able to make a 8:30pm reservation dinner for two. We were seated by 8:32pm at a window seat that we requested so we can see the fireworks throughout the Pomona Valley...how sweet is that! Our host and server were attentive and friendly. Thank you Pomona Valley Mining Co. and Open Table we couldn't have asked for more! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.