Pomona Valley Mining Company
1777 Gillette Rd
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pomona Valley Mining Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pomonavalleyminingco.com/
- Phone: (909) 623-3515
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Valenzuela
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With five banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Pomona Valley Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Catalfo 9096233515
- Entertainment: Coyote Lounge on Friday nights 8pm-1am offers fine drinks and beautiful live music, from bossa nova and jazz, to folk sounds and modern indie pop.
Currently two residencies at Coyote Lounge: Philosophy of Soul & Jetpacks and Laser Guns.
A word from Pomona Valley Mining Company
Pomona Valley Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Pomona Valley Mining Company - Best Restaurants in San Dimas ›
Pomona Valley Mining Company reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)special occasion (46)romantic (45)good for groups (38)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Awesome ExperienceRailroaderDined on 11/22/2014First time at Pomona Valley Mining Co., surprised my wife for our 8 year wedding anniversary. I requested a window seat and was very pleased by our view of the city. My wife loved it and thought it was very romantic. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family, great food, great view, awesome atmosphere, great service, a five star forsure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosaDined on 11/15/2014arrived at 6:25pm, just to be told we didn't have a reservation schedule, was told they will seat us as soon as possible, waited 30mins, my husband had to go to the front desk and complain and finally got seated. have no idea what went wrong with your system
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We don't live in Pomona and had a guest from out of state. We chose your restaurant because it was close for him as he had just arrived in town. For the two of us, getting there was reasonably difficult from Orange County at rush hour. However, the food was good. The wine list reasonable. We had a window seat so the view was good. Had a bit of a wait even with reservations but not too bad. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awwwee. .. Beautifulmuffin8888Dined on 11/11/2014The perfect place for the perfect couple and family. The cities light was light a glittering town remind me of a christmas story. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad!FelicityisFussyDined on 11/9/2014all bacon and sausage was cold; notified service - one hour later it was rectified. Enchiladas were tasteless, bisquits and gravy were inedible, too many parties booked so lines were confusing around the egg stations. No manager ever seen. Seemed unorganized. Furniture and carpet in serious need of rehab.Special Features:
- super pleasantly surprised!!debsDined on 11/8/2014I just did a long yelp review about how great this restaurant is....so I will keep it short and sweet here- food is amazing......and be sure t ask for the cheesy bread!!!!Special Features:
- P. V. Mining Co.kbf1Dined on 11/8/2014The atmosphere was great. The food was great. The service was great, from start to finish. It was a great time. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomona reviewCooperDined on 11/2/2014This was our first experience at Pomona Valley Mining Company. We had a wonderful experience from the ambience of the dining room and views to the service and food. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food was cooked and prepared to each persons requests and was excellent in taste and quality. The salad and soup bar was also very well stocked and all the offerings were fresh. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Original theme and viewJclamsDined on 11/1/2014Best to have a table by the window or close. The ambiance is fun, western mining theme. Steak and ribs and potatoes. Soup was good, salad bar as expected- basic. Nice to have one entrée price with the sides included- like the good old days. The Margaritas are terrible, a pitcher is is packed with ice- less than 4 glasses. Doesn't matter- they are high priced limeade. Stick to the beer and wine. The deserts are worth having- big enough for a split.Special Features:
- foodFoodieDined on 11/1/2014fair and not memorable. View is the best thing and food is a distant second.Special Features:
- Gr8 B-day!RCGlassDined on 10/26/2014I chose PVMC for brunch because I knew what to expect--pleasant surroundings, good food, and convenient. The afternoon was an enjoyable birthday celebration for a dear friend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Good Food, Good Service and a Very Nice View while Dining.Special Features:
- everything was fantasticdelphidupeDined on 10/18/2014The view was gorgeous. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, and we are convinced that their chefs are actually wizards. The entrees come with a soup and salad bar. The wait was a bit long even with a reservation but it was so worth it (and they have a bar area for you to wait in anyway).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayFoodiefindDined on 10/11/2014The service was great, the bar tender was especially attentive and took care to make the drinks exactly how we like them. I'm not impressed with the food. I've had better steaks at out back for half the price. I had a reservation and still waited 45 minutes to be sat (that's how I met the bartender) the food was slow to come out. I have a feeling it had to do with the stress on the kitchen staff because of the wedding reception in the banquet room. Over all it was an experience, not a place I would go to again any time soon but I'm still glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So romantic!PasadenafoodieDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went here for an upscale date night and we will definitely be back. The food was fantastic. I had the scallops and my husband had the filet. Salad bar was clean and well stocked. Soup was great for all you can eat. We arrived a bit late for our reservation but that worked out great because we were able to have a few laughs with the bartender before being seated. It was a very busy night and the hostesses were a bit tense. But other than that it was a wonderful dining experience. Also, I can't forget to mention our waitress who was so kind and helpful regarding my husbands lactose intolerance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PVMC still rocks!CRinLAVIPDined on 9/28/2014We have been fortunate enough to have experienced PVMC since it opened. It has been amazingly consistent on all fronts and this can be most welcomed when you're back in the area (after moving away). The steaks (filet and rib eye) were well prepared as ordered. The backed potato was warm but not hot and this affected the overall flavor. Their salad bar comes with an entrée and it was wonderful with a good selection of fresh produce and dressings. Wonderful setting overlooking the Pomona Valley with a great view. Nice suburban view when you come from the "big city." Over the years when we are back in the area we have returned to PVMC and never been disappointed with this old wonderful delightful friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Dinnervto777Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend wanted steak for her Birthday. We have been to a lot of steak places and this time I decided to go with something with a view. I found this place on yelp and it was nice. We arrive late to our reservation. So we waited like 5 min but we didn't mind because we had drinks at the bar. After we got called in. They sat us by the window just like I reserved it. They have an open bar for salad and soup. Yes unlimited delicious soup! Our steaks were so good I wanted to place a order to go. I recommend this place to anyone that ones to have a romantic night. Ones you done get you're self's to the hot-tubs resort at the puddingstone creek, is just up the hill. Is a good way to finish the night! Did I mention unlimited delicious soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn goodBirthdayDined on 9/26/2014The bar service was great. Our waitress was good. Our meal was also great and the view awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad at allLAgourmetVIPDined on 9/25/2014You may not expect the scenic view at Pomona, but this place is up on a hill. The place resembles or was a mining field, and interior is little dark but great. Food was great with steak. They got unlimited salad and soup, which was huge plus. We ordered coconut shrimp as well, which was a bit dried after frying. Wine list is a bit weak, but you may like it as the selections were with affordable pricing and reasonably good taste.Special Features:
- Great serviceEddieDined on 9/24/2014Was very easy to make a reservation online. Waitress was very friendly. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage2romanticDined on 9/23/2014It has a vintage structure it's perfect for special occasiones. The quality of food tasted divine. The professional waitress ( Tatiana L) made us feel welcome and most important she explain details well. Definelty will recommend the restaurant for a wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePinkloveDined on 9/21/2014Only thing is when I made a reservation I requested to get seated next to window for the view but that didn't happen ..other then that loved the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justmarriedDined on 9/20/2014this was an experience for the others who have not had the pleasure of dining there before as I have. It was once a one of a kind experience in the area, but now its the standard for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual dinningNancyDined on 9/20/2014Food is always good. Friendly service. Fun. We had a party of 7 people and celebrating a birthday. They sang happy birthday to her and brought her some ice cream. good fun. we also ate early (5pm) because we were on our way to a concert at the fair. the service was quick and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunchVeronika23Dined on 9/14/2014You definitely get what you pay for here. Champagne is served often and the Bloody Mary's were $3 this past Sunday. Can't beat the food.Special Features:
- Good food - Good serviceSpunkyKDined on 9/14/2014We recently enjoyed a lovely brunch at the Pomona Valley Mining Company. Service was excellent. There was a good variety of food including made-to-order omelettes, waffles, prime rib,pasta bar, ribs, enchiladas, salads, crab legs and of course a delicious array of desserts. We ran out of room to eat all the good choices.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICE!!tommygunDined on 9/13/2014Amazing Steaks & King Crab!! ...And Service!! Bartender & WaitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had heard that this restaurant was noted for its salad bar. Not this night. Everything was out and not being refilled. The clam chowder was probably the worst I have ever had. The prime rib was good but not great. Fun for a one time visit to theme restaurant with view but not a place I would go for great food on a regular basis.Special Features:
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 15 wedding anniversary last Saturday night here. We were disappointed when our food arrived and we what we thought we ordered was not up to par. We ordered a rice pilaf each and what we got was microwaved rice with corn and peas ?? We did not complain however and just rolled with it. At 7 pm, 1 hour after we were seated we ordered desert. At 7:20 I asked me husband to inquire about it. When he asked Kathy she said it takes a while to make, so my husband said if it is not made already just cancel it, we need to pick up our daughter. She said I will bag it for you, we said no, it is ice cream, please don't ?! She then came back to tell us the order was not processed. We just paid and left.Special Features:
- True Treasure....come see!DAMILOVEITDined on 9/11/2014I must admit I have seen this place for years and I finally decided to try it out! I wasted years on such a FANTASTIC place. This place is AWESOME! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beatiful view nice date night spotinnerfishDined on 9/9/2014Food was ok, very traditional American comfort food. A lot lf fried stuff, not very healthy style. But the price is right and the view is awesome. A special note, didn't know all meals including unlimited salad bar, so don't order too much we did.Special Features:
- Pomona mining coRomz23Dined on 9/9/2014Steak was off the hook,and service was excellent,awesome view..overall this place was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-Sosksk1414Dined on 9/6/2014We had a reservation, the table wasn't ready. The table was set for the wrong number of people. We wanted to separate tables, they said they couldn't do that so we had to make two separate reservations. Then when we arrived they said we couldn't have two checks, one for each table?!? What?? You made us make two separate reservations, but now each table can't have their own check??? They relented on this one, but still it was awkward. Food was okay, nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Food came late but like going there whenI want to get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantflemate09Dined on 8/31/2014Very romantic, awesome service, and amazing food. The bourbon bread pudding is a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceMemorableDined on 8/23/2014I did not have a good experience at the restaurant. I had a reservation and the hostess made me wait at the lounge for 40 minutes. Would have been more of a wait but luckily another lady covered the hostess position and she very rapidly assisted me. Food and scenic view plus the server, were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It had 20years since being there last and was looking forward to it.The view was as amazing as I remembered.The food and service a bit disappointing.The waitress very nice and friendly but not real consistent on checking in on us.We dine out a lot and know truly what good service is.We will go back and give it another shot.Special Features:
- What great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014I took my best friend to Pomona Valley Mining Company for her birthday and we had a great time! The service was exemplary to say the least from the moment we arrived. Our server was on top of our every need and made the night even more special.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I've driven by this restaurant on the freeway many times, but never ventured up the hill to check it out. Turned out to be a great spot for a good steak, good margarita, great view, and the ability to have an enjoyable conversation during dinner! A refreshingly quiet and comfortable spot.Special Features:
- Pomona Valley Mininig CompanyDinnerDinerDined on 8/16/2014Service was good at the beginning, but slowed down after we received our food. I had to wait a while for my iced tea to be refilled, and we didn't see our waitress until the end of our meal. My guest and I ordered prime rib. It was way over cooked and tough. We didn't see the waitress to complain, plus we had plans after and didn't have time to request another plate. We ordered the baked potato with "the works" and it was a large baked potato and came with lots of butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon.Special Features: