Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East
1070 Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pomodoroscafe.com/
- Phone: (828) 299-3032
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From office lunches to cocktail parties and full service fine dining events, Pomodoros provides custom catering for any event. Our professional and courteous chefs, servers, and bartenders will take care of your every need. We offer a wide variety of beautiful and appetizing menu items, but we are also happy to help you create your perfect custom menu. Call 828-273-8220
A word from Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East
Pomodoros offers an authentic Mediterranean experience in the heart of Western North Carolina. Drawing our inspiration from the countries of Greece and Italy, we tempt the palate with three separate menus (Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch) of diverse and innovative dishes using the freshest and finest ingredients. Pomodoros is a full service restaurant that provides an extensive wine list, a full bar, catering, and friendly service. Our three distinct menus reflect our commitment to providing only the finest fresh ingredients. Our cuisine pairs regional traditions of Greece and Italy with the diverse culinary talents of our chefs. "The basis of each dish is always in the tradition of the region, but the ingredients guide the way to new delights as well as old favorites." Pomodoros uses only the finest oils that have zero Trans-Fats and are not partially hydrogenated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- rilatviaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014This was a very disappointing experience. Having eaten here a while back, we expected really good food. However, the risotto was "mushy"; shrimp was overcooked, veal lacked any character. These were in three separate entrees. Everything was bland.
- New Friends, New RestaurantgoodeatsDined on 10/18/2014When acquaintances passing through Asheville asked me join them for dinner I was assigned the task of making restaurant reservations and chose Pomodoro's after seeing the menu online. It was a great choice...food was very interesting and a good evening was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningScotNancDined on 9/24/2014Cuisine was excellent and our wine was superb! The service was right there.Special Features:
- Tuesday SpecialsPorkDined on 9/23/2014As always most everything was very good but the pork tenderloin was very tough. It didn't seem to be overcooked so I guess just a bad cut of meat. They no longer have a beer menu, saying it changes too often, which is unacceptable in Asheville.Special Features:
- Not quite up to parLGF30022VIPDined on 9/12/2014We tried it for the first time. My wife and I were underwhelmed. We started with Saganaki which was fine. We both ordered Veal Marsala. It was more like veal soup. The sauce was thin and watery, the veal was soaked in it. There was pasta in the bowl that was also drenched in Marsala soup. Kind of gross. Never seen Veal Marsala served like that. Not likely to return. The place was very empty for a Friday night at 7PM. Never a good sign.
- Women and Their SaladspeggyDined on 9/11/2014Five of us had lunch on a Thursday--down salad lane. Different versions topped with salmon or chicken. The dressing on my Greek salad was perfect with just the right tang; the grilled chicken was moist. Everyone proclaimed her salad to be very, very good. We were all impressed and will be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteDiner1Dined on 8/30/2014Consistently very good food, great service and modest prices.Special Features:
- Fabulous Italian!MarviDined on 8/30/2014Very pleasantly surprised. From outside, looks like a typical chain restaurant - nothing special. But food was first rate and will absolutely go back next time we are in Asheville!Special Features:
- We're localsMtnstopDined on 8/26/2014It's our go-to place and it always meets expectations.Special Features:
- Business meetingGEICDined on 8/12/2014We scheduled a business meeting in the evening with a reservation system All went smoothly. The service was good and the food was also goos.Special Features:
- PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Portions noticeably smaller than our last visit. Service was wonderful; very personable waitress!
- Great family restaurantTrendyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food and atmosphere! Kid friendly and the wait staff is always awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth coming back toschmuck56Dined on 7/29/2014Have dined here many times. Only rest. in Asheville serving Saganaki (flaming greek cheese). Waiters always friendly & food quality is very consistent. $10 tues. specials are full sized & vary from week to week. Rec. for a mod. price meal out.Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-East reviews archive.
- Great $10 night!FoodgloriousfoodDined on 7/1/2014Very much enjoyed shrimp w/rice last night! Hubbie had chicken w/ mashed potatoes. Cheap beer, nice waitress, reservation was right on time. SO much better than a restaurant the night before which was way pricier, but not nearly so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Wonderful experience. We will return in the future. We will tell our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable, affordable and good!DustyDined on 6/17/2014Pomodoros is a local gem for East Asheville. For some reason, we have never really had a good restaurant that stands out on this side of town, but this is the exception. The Wine Lovers Wednesdays are good and the new Tuesdays for $10 is a great idea. We had out of town company recently who wanted to take us out to dinner but are somewhat elderly and we didn't want them to spend a lot of money. This choice made it perfect - the four of us ate a delicious meal for a total of about $50.00.Special Features:
- outstandinggreatDined on 6/12/2014We are from out of town. Food easy exceptional! They catered to our dietary needs. Great to the last bite!I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Mai MaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Could not go on Tuesday evening until 7:30 and was planning on getting the Mahi Mahi. (SP ??) It was gone. Had the penne vodka item and it was good but I thought the add for the 10.00 penne meal included chicken. I may be wrong. Enjoy the Tuesday night meals , please keep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent!MaryDined on 6/7/2014I have always had an excellent dinner at Pomodoros. The chef uses quality ingredients and the food presentation is superb. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- HawCreekGeorgeDined on 6/4/2014Great neighborhood restaurant, good food and variety on their menu. Waitstaff are all fun and helpful....I really enjoy eating there!! Wine lovers Weds. (half price on bottles) are a lot of fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mj12bs2Dined on 6/3/2014Service was good, food was great, overall, it was 5 stars. I was especially pleased w/the portion size, not too much, not too little, just right. Temperature of the meal when served was good-- It was a pleasing and we will do it again. Looking forward to Pizza night. It went so well that I purchased a gift certificate for a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Chicken was dry. Mashed potatoes not great. Asparagus ok. I got the $10 Tuesday night special so I suppose I got what I paid for. Usually the food there is excellent so I was disappointed.
- Great food and reasonably pricedSteveLDined on 5/16/2014Great Italian dishes, along with excellent service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $10 TuesdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014This has been an excellent promotion! We enjoyed our dinner and the opportunity to try an entree not usually on the menu.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemFoodieDined on 5/13/2014We recently moved to west Asheville but continue to come back to your east location because we enjoy the atmosphere so much. We miss the fact that we could drop in if we decided we did not want to make our meal at home. We never feel rushed and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland Food, but good ServiceeatingAshevilleDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and my mom for Mother's Day dinner and it was not very good. Our waiter was very friendly and service was fast, but the food itself was uninspired, bland and expensive. Not going back again. Heard that the best thing on the menu is Pizza though, so if you want a good pie then it might be a place for you. With all the great restaurants in Asheville, Pomodoros better get their act together or face elimination.
- Nice Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Delicious food and nice atmosphere for a Mother's Day Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrelynDined on 4/29/2014Excellent food, great service. We will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointedashevilledinerDined on 4/20/2014After being a loyal customer for 9 years, this Sunday Easter dinner was horrible. We couldn't eat it. I expressed my dissatisfaction in an email to the restaurant and received a phone call back, explaining that this location had been sold recently. We won't be going back. We will try the new location that the original owners still have.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchCatwomanDined on 4/20/2014Sunday Brunch-The food was great and their freshly baked bread is awesome! HiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPSSVIPDined on 4/19/2014Pomodoro's is our favorite local restaurant. They have consistently great food & service!Special Features:
- Great $10.00 TuesdayIrelynDined on 4/15/2014Enjoyed our dining experience with you--Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud!HelloDined on 4/11/2014The waiter was kind of rude although his voice is so booming, I may have misread his intentions. Also, it was so loud in the restaurant I couldn't hear the person across the table from me. It was certainly not an intimate evening as I would have liked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousIrelynDined on 4/8/2014Great atmosphere, service, and cuisine. Moderate price, and excellent specials. We always feel welcome, and very satisfied when we leave! Thanks to Pomodoras!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday's $10 nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014We thought the Tuesday deal was over a few weeks back, took advantage then and again last night. We live in the neighborhood and it's our favorite place ESPECIALLY at $10. Real deal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday SoecialCfr666Dined on 3/18/2014We've been to Pomodoro's more than a dozen times and have always enjoyed it. The food and the service are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were very1mtngalDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I were very pleasantly reminded of how good this restaurant is -- went there for his birthday using the discount birthday card we received in the mail. It was worth full price, much less getting $10 off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2014The title says it all. The food is fresh....they seem to take an extra effort to present the entre with flare so that one cannot wait to take that first bite! The waitresses and waiters are very friendly as well as to cater to extra requests that we might have.Special Features:
- Good SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We were just in town for a couple of days and were looking for something fairly quick and easy, and close to our hotel on Tunnel Road. The food was good, freshly prepared and served by a friendly and attentive waiter. We would have no reluctance to return -- also decent value.Special Features:
- Great DiningDavidDined on 2/25/2014Pomodoros is a wonderful restaurant with superb food and always great waitstaff. The menu items are excellent, and the chef is always doing some excellent specials. The presentation of the food makes it even better than it would otherwise be.Special Features: