Pomodoro - University Ave
1290 University Ave
Rochester, NY 14607Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Pomodoro - University Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mypomodoro.com/pomodoro-university-ave/
- Phone: 5852715000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Isaac Borgstrom
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please refer to our website for updates on our upcoming entertainment and special events!
A word from Pomodoro - University Ave
Nestled in the heart of the art walk district on University Ave. and located in a historical industrial complex - Pomodoro Grill has been one of Rochester’s best kept secrets for nearly 20 years. Featuring an eclectic menu filled with the flavors of the Mediterranean with a modern twist, prepared and served by our dedicated staff. We strive to use all natural produce and meats organically grown by local farmers - when available and when in season. Pomodoro Grill is sure to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pomodoro - University Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was great. Enjoyed theFoodyDined on 10/5/2013Food was great. Enjoyed the live music...the band was excellent! Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musicgoodtimesDined on 10/5/2013The band Jim E. Legs was fantastic! What a night! Please have then again! Want to bring more friends to see them and have you great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Pomodoro!emjay5876Dined on 9/29/2013Wonderful option to be able to sit on the patio. The service was top-notch, very nice menu & wine list. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Yumyum1Dined on 8/19/2013As always the food was great and the service exemplary!Special Features:
- Crowd pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2013The restaurant is very large, the menu is eclectic, the preparation of food is competent, and it's clear that Pomodoro is very popular. The wine list is adequate but not interesting, though the prices are fair.The best dish was an artichoke appetizer, but the paella was made from the same ingredients as one of the pasta dishes with some mediocre chorizo tossed in. It is definitely aimed at the crowd but not the discerning diner.Special Features:
- The food was fresh and deliciousNancyDined on 7/31/2013A great local find with warm and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and servicedjdeanVIPDined on 7/28/2013We enjoyed our visit to Pomodoro. The walk behind was not what later enjoyed. Area is a little run down but some remodeling is ongoing. Food was very good and great size.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service.PastaLoverDined on 7/23/2013Pomodoro is one of my favorite restaurants, so we decided to come here for dinner for our wedding anniversary. We made a 7:30 reservation even thought it was a Tuesday night, which worked out since they weren't packed. We were seated right away, but unfortunately that was the only part of the meal that was prompt. We ordered drinks and an appetizer which came out in a timely manner. We waited quite a while to get our food, and didn't get our meal until after 8:30, at which point we were rather hungry and to top it off, my meal was wrong, I asked for chicken in my pasta dish and it came without it, but at that point we told the waiter not to worry about it because I didn't want to wait for it to be corrected and I ate the meal as is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomodoro's @ UniversityednakkDined on 7/23/2013Food is always good - love the outdoor seating despite the train ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Air-ConditioningKenMaherDined on 7/18/2013We did not stay, because the air-conditioning was totally inadequate. Instead, we drove to their other location on Monroe Avenue and ate there. The food there was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJopopDined on 7/17/2013Pomodoro has excellent food and service. They did all the could to ensure dinner was great. The pork was awesome as was the pizza salad.Special Features:
- Was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2013Went with a group at noon. It was very hot and it didn't seem like the air was even working. Took almost an hour to get our food which was mediocre at best.
- felt like being neglectedDonneDined on 7/9/2013I was first shocked by the attitude of the receptionist who took it like nothing and simply led us to another table without an apology when I pointed the raindrop on our reserved table. Later, the server was too busy with other tables droppying by ours only twice or three times for our dining over two hours in a weekday night. I was expecting the server to come and say bye when we were leaving the restaurant but he/she did not even appear to pick up the check. It was my fourth or fifth visit to your place, but my very first that I treated my guests and at the same time felt completely neglected and ashamed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnertoast8789Dined on 6/30/2013We had a family birthday dinner for 7 people, 5 adults and 2 children. Although not specified on the menu, we asked if there was a children's menu and were told what we could get for the children--was what they get in a similar restaurant and they/we were pleased. The adults, all of us, enjoyed our meals very much. Outdoor setting was great, private, shaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomodoro's on University isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2013Pomodoro's on University is a consistent winner. I have been many times and have always had good meals and good service. In this case we had a large group. These were people who had toured together and wanted to talk. Our orginal plan was for outdoors dining - but of course it was raining. We ate inside but it was pretty noisy and made talking a problem. Never the less everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse excellenceJohnny555VIPDined on 6/3/2013All aspects of the evening were perfect. The menu and specials were wonderfully varied and everything served was great. Just go eat! You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Excellent!redkatDined on 5/30/2013We had a group of 8 and the service was excellent and the food was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchcmarshDined on 5/14/2013This is a great spot for a casual, relaxed lunch. Menu selections are great - something for everyone from vegans to soup & salad to great sandwiches and pizzas -- And, of course, wine. Sit outside - enjoy great servive and good food with a nice glass of wine and catch up with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Menu and Great SerivceCaitlynDined on 5/9/2013I enjoyed the atmosphere of the resturant- next time we go I would love for it to be warm enough to sit on the deck. The service was fast and the waiter was very honest with us about what his favorite dishes were. We had an artichoke appetizer that was out of this world! We will absolutely be back to try more of the wonderful pasta dishes- there were so many choices, I could have ate one of each!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PomodoroNiteOutDined on 5/5/2013Perfect spot for eating outside. Great food and relaxed pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2013This restaurant is consistently good in food and service - love the deck for outside dining.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013The atmosphere was great! Pomodoro reminds me of a tucked away hidden gem. The food was outstanding. My steak was cooked to perfection and the sides were very tasty as well. The wine tasting upon arrival also added to my experience. The ambiance was nice. Pomodoro actually reminded of Italy, the food was comparable and the atmosphere was as well.Special Features:
- we have been comming hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013we have been comming here for years almost always a great meal - as of late excellent...love theoutdoor part...always bring friends with us...Unfortunatly we will be move ing out of the area soon - we will miss you!Special Features:
- I had some friends from outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I had some friends from out of town come to see Wicked. After the matinee, we had dinner at Pomodoro's. We were seated right away, our waitress made wine recommendations, all of which were Awesome! She also gave us just the right amount of attention so we could have our conversation, but she was available at just the right time when we needed something. All four of us raved about our meal! Delicious food. We all left very happy!Special Features:
- Good food, hot and tastey.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Good food, hot and tastey. Portions very adequate. Friendly and attentive staff. Will definitely return to try lunch and dinner specials.Special Features:
- Loved the choice of beer onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Loved the choice of beer on tap. Pizza is the best!Special Features:
- We have eaten at PomodorosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013We have eaten at Pomodoros before but it has been quite a while. We went there before our performance of Wicked. It's close to the auditorium theater and we made our show in good time. The evenings menu gave several choices and the portions were large. The seasonings were a bit bland but the seafood my husband and I ordered was a good quality. We were with one other couple. Three of us ordered a la carte salads that were never served. When we pointed that out to the waiter, he was apologetic and gave us three coffees and one dessert on him. Overall an adequate experience.
- My family and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013My family and I enjoyed our dinner gathering at Pomodoros. The staff was friendly and accomodating which made my family member's birthday celebrating outstanding.Special Features:
- First visit to the UniversityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013First visit to the University Ave location and found it to have a great atmosphere and the food was flavorful. Felt comfortable in casual attire but would feel comfortable dressed up as well. Plan to go back in better weather so we can dine outside.Special Features:
- Excellent Natural Food choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent Natural Food choice. It was the best I've had in a long time. SteveSpecial Features:
- Our server was amazing. HeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Our server was amazing. He was knowledgeable and very personable. They have a live band there - so loud. Only complaint we had to speak over the band we were a large group - and our neighboring tables were getting annoyed.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013Food was great. Service was good at first, but very slow after meal was served.Special Features:
- We have been here before,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013We have been here before, thanks to coupons included in our theater tickets package. They have a varied, interesting menu, and a printed menu for specials, which helps those of us with not-so-great hearing or memories. Pasta entrees are very tasty, and big enough for two meals. Dessert of chocolate cake with raspberries somewhere was underwhelming--cake was dry, and icing too thick and tasted like its main ingredient, shortening. Raspberries undetectable. The atmosphere is noisy because it's an old saw factory, not many soft surfaces, and the kitchen is integral with the dining space. Lots of things to look at.Special Features:
- I love the feel of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013I love the feel of the restaurant and the service is always great. There's not actually very much on the menu that I want to order though. Wish they had a better selection because it would keep me coming back more often.Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal. I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/23/2013Never had a bad meal. I recommend Pomodoro to everyone including out of town business associates.Special Features:
- Your greens and beans areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Your greens and beans are delicious, as is your seasonal salad and crab cakes. Please fix your cappuccino machine. Thank you. I like being able to make a reservation online.Special Features:
- A little bit too noisy forJoeKDined on 2/22/2013A little bit too noisy for my taste. Food was excellent though as was service.Special Features:
- We have visited Pomodoro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013We have visited Pomodoro's many times - and love the University Avenue location of this restaurant. It was a birthday party for our friend who turned 76 - he dines out quite frequently, but has never before been to Pomodoro's. However, he visited the place in the past when it was a saw mill - he did business with the owner so it brought back many memories for him.Special Features:
- Love the band, the Swooners,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Love the band, the Swooners, as well as your draft beer IPA list and food selections. Collectively they all will keep the Potters returning for future engagements.Special Features:
- Great food. Is my Fiancee'sBrandtDined on 2/16/2013Great food. Is my Fiancee's favorite restaurant in Rochester and a must go to when she comes up from Maryland.Special Features: