Pomodoro - Monroe Ave
3400 Monroe Avenue
Pittsford, NY 14618Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pomodoro - Monroe Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mypomodoro.com/pomodoro-monroe-ave/monroe-avenue-lunch-menu
- Phone: 5855867000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Derue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please refer to our website for updates on our upcoming entertainment and special events!
A word from Pomodoro - Monroe Ave
Pomodoro, locally owned and operated since 1994. we were formally known as Brio until March 2011. We strive to use all natural produce and meats organically grown by local farmers, when available and when in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pomodoro - Monroe Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
- Satisfying dinnerPleasedDined on 8/14/2013On our special occasion at Pomodora's we enjoyed a pleasurable dinner even though there was no music. As I recalw, the Website said music from 7-10 (without specifying weekends only). Our pasta dinners were very good, although one busboy knocked my glass of asti spumante. Should have demanded a new pour because later I had 'sticky' fingers. Another young busboy said, "It's his duty to read the customer's mind" when he came round to refill our water glasses before we asked. Decided against after dinner drinks (Dry Sack Sherry) to go along with dessert, but desserts were delicious. We will certainly return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service good. CouldMooseVIPDined on 7/29/2013Food and service good. Could use a couple more traditional items on the menu (i.e. items without mushrooms and artichokes). How about veal/chicken parmesan?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPucketsDined on 7/20/2013Awesome flavor and unique dishes! Spring Risotto was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual Must go to everyJay57Dined on 6/15/2013Good as usual Must go to every time we go back to Rochester Need to open one in DelRay Beach FlSpecial Features:
- Food was good, we had pizzalkflkfVIPDined on 5/26/2013Food was good, we had pizza salad, pastas, seasonal risotto, flat cheese crusted salmon. Our waitress was extremely inattentive.Special Features:
- An unfortunate series of eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013First of all, I was surprised that my experience was less than expected, but it was and that can't be changed. We had reservations for Mothers Day and when we arrived the restaurant had just opened and there was maybe 25% capacity, yet we were placed in a back banquets room in the far corner, by ourselves, while the rest of the diners were in the main dining room where there was ambiance. Our server was less than attentive as we had to ask twice for basics that should have been handled automatically. Our appetizers arrived and 4 minutes later out came the main meal. I hate when that happens. The food itself was very good, as I had experienced in the past, but the overall dining experience was lacking. First time i have left a small tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian cuisine,finedinerDined on 5/5/2013Very good Italian cuisine, wonderful ambiance (both outdoors an inside) and just an overall great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2013Food was great! Loved the tortellini! All four of us had delicious meals. Server was very pleasant and attentive. A nice friendly atmosphere on a Tuesday nite! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A bit overpriced for average foodNawlins007Dined on 3/24/2013Besides the impressive bar, this place is average at best. I will agree with other reviewers that their seasonal salad is quite good...but the rest of the food needs more attention and the service wasn't stellar. For the price, I'd expect more. I did appreciate the fact that they use OpenTable, which is helpful.Special Features:
- Good for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Pomodoro is a nice neighborhood staple. The former location of Brio, has a varied menu, even if the prices are a little on the high side. It's great for a special occasion, we visited to celebrate a birthday, but not somewhere I would go to regularly. The food were fine and our server was very attentive. I liked the ability to make the online reservation and when we got to the restaurant our table was ready.Special Features:
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013The service was great and the food was delicious. All four of us were happy with our meals.Special Features:
- reservation not honored1citygirlVIPDined on 3/2/2013The open table reservation was not honored. Furthermore the hostess lied and did not tell us that there was no table for us at the reserved time slot. She told us that it would be just a few minutes. We waited and no one came over to us. When I finally asked what is going on, she showed us to an unset table in the back of a banquet room in which a large party was being held. When I refused this location she admitted that the open table system was not working and that we actually did not have a table reserved, i. e. she admitted she was dishonest about the reservation. As we were leaving a large table did open up in the main dining area and we asked if we can take it. She said it usually was reserved for a larger group but she did allow it.
- This was a great choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013This was a great choice for a birthday lunch. The menu has a wide variety of soups, salads,wraps, and specials. The salmon wrap got great reviews as did the crab cake special. Service was prompt and friendly without hovering or making us feel rushed. We will definitely be back for out door dining once the warm weather is here.Special Features:
- So glad we went despite reviews....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013We were in Rochester for a collegiate concert. We stumbled upon Pomodoro's by googling italian restaurants. We were a little skeptical about going there since the google reviews said that the service was horrendous. We had the OPPOSITE experience. Our server, Deb, was the friendliest, most accommodating and quick server. She guided us on what to order and was so attentive that she even gave us written driving directions to a shortcut to the concert we were attending. The food was fabulous. The caesar salad had too much dressing but the torteloni was delicious. Huge portions! Would go there in a minute if we are ever back in Rochester.Special Features:
- pure pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The Valentine weekend special offerings were truly exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Great food, but left disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great food, but left disappointed after being sat in the back room away from the ambiance that I came for (the live piano music).Special Features:
- Food Fabulous; Issue w/ VISA DebitwahooDined on 2/13/2013The fundamental criterion for the success of a restaurant is the quality of the food. If the taste, temperature, seasoning, etc., are not up to par, the food & the restaurant fail. If we want to consume mediocre /poor food, we can stay at home. Both of the Pomodoro's, Monroe and University Avenue, serve outstanding food. My husband and I have ordered a variety of entrees at both restaurants. and all are superb. There are a whole lot of high priced venues in the Rochester area that don't do half as well. The overall rating is only V Good b/c neither restaurant would "fully" honor a VISA Debit Card. Each would only accept 80% of the balance; perhaps this is routine. It seemed a bit weird and neither wait person could fully explain.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Service was excellent, food was delicious. Round table for 7 was great. I always like a round table with a group as you can communicate with all ! enjoyable all the way aroundSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBroadwayJVIPDined on 1/8/2013Excellent food and service in a pleasing atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was my birthday when weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013It was my birthday when we went, and the experience and food made my celebration all the more special. Our server was extremely nice, and the entrees were so tasty. Very good quality for an affordable price.Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Food and service was excellent, noise level very high. Live music too loud, it has difficult to carry on a conversation with our dinner companions.Special Features:
- New Years Eve. DuckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The Margurita drinks were very tasty, some of the best I have had in Rochester. The two duck dinners were served cool. The waitress was quick to have them taken back to be heated and when they were reserved they were warmer. The duck was dry, not tasty and not succulent. The green beans were not tasty and were under-cooked. The rice was over-cooked, lumpy, soggy and cool. The nice manager came by and asked about the duck and if it was warmer but didn't stay long enough to hear more - he seemed rushed. The waitress seemed either rushed or mildly interested in us. She was pleasant but only in a technical way. The chairs were uncomfortable, the room was cavernous and not cozy but the tablecloths were very nice.
- GreedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Power went out during meal and we had only received drinks and appetizers which we had to eat in the dark. We were given a hand written bill and had to pay in cash. We were originally told it would probably be free since the machines were down and we hadn't received our main dishes yet. Although, the ambiance was very nice and the drinks were well made.Special Features:
- Went for New Year's Eve withzmb7317Dined on 12/31/2012Went for New Year's Eve with my wife and had a 5pm reservation. At 5:30 power went out to all of the area and was told it would be out until at least 9pm. We had already gotten food but had to eat in the complete dark. We were given a couple of extra candles. I know it was not their fault for the power outage, but I still thought they could comp some of the meal but they did not offer anything. It would have been a nice show of caring to at least give a discount or remove one entree or drink. Overall food was pretty good. Nothing that blew me away but good.
- This is our first time atBobJDined on 12/22/2012This is our first time at Pomodoro on Monroe. Have always gone to the one on University, mainly for lunch. This time we had a party of 8 for a birthday dinner. Staff was excellent--very attentive. Wine wasn't not badly priced, only about 2.5 times what you might pay in a liquor store versus 3x or more at some restaurants. Two people thought the pork chops were excellent. The duck breast was slightly overdone. A little charred and certainly not medium--there was no pink. The salmon was excellent. My wife found the vegetable lasagna OK. The tomatos chunks were too large and the eggplant was cut too thick for her liking. We definitely will come back; there were so many tempting things on the menu.Special Features:
- Three of us went on a weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Three of us went on a week night. I had made a reservation and we were seated right away, even though it was quite busy. Our table was right next to the kitchen/grill, which I thought would be disruptive to our conversation, but it was not. Our waiter came over very soon after we sat down. The service was very good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great staff, very honest andBillVIPDined on 10/22/2012Great staff, very honest and helpful! Food was good, will definitely return.
- I love Pomodoros, the onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2012I love Pomodoros, the only thing I would like to see is abit more variety with the pasta sauces. A good red sauce choice and for sure an oil and garlic for the pasta choice.Special Features: