701 Porter Road
Nashville, TN 37206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pomodoroeast.com/
- Phone: (615) 873-4978
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm & Sunday 11am-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We would love to be a part of your special event. Please contact us to discuss specific details.
A word from Pomodoro East
Neighborhood Italian in the heart of East Nashville. Daily happy hour food and drink specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pomodoro East - Best Restaurants in East Nashville ›
Pomodoro East reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (30)special occasion (19)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Small footprint with large food quality.JfullerDined on 11/21/2014Quaint resturant in a hipster artsy kind of community. They have an excellent menu with very unique flavors unlike your typical chain Italian restaurant. The wine was lovely but the servers need more training on the descriptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple but creativegdt1VIPDined on 11/14/2014Stopped in for a Friday night plate of pasta. The vibe was good service was attentive and both meals tasted great. Mission accomplished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!thomDined on 11/13/2014Our first time to dine here & it will not be the last. From the moment we walked in the door, we were made to feel welcome. The calamari was outstanding! Pizza & pasta were commendable also. We are looking forward to our next visit even though it is on the other side of town. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYumYumNashDined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing and service was impeccable. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was perfect. Definitely will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PomodoroEast-great food,great staffeastnash24Dined on 11/7/2014Food was special! Incredible appetizer and salads, main courses were excellent! Very good wine\, service was terrific! Brunch is also wonderful!Special Features:
- Girls NiteGirlsNiteGirlsDined on 10/22/2014We enjoy a girls nite once a month and this month was Pomodoro East. Great happy hour selection with good food. Atmosphere was nice, we wish we could've sit outside but the air was cool. They did have heaters but some of the girls didnt want to chance it. We will be back. Really loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW - Thanks Nashville!racheatsVIPDined on 10/16/2014I'm so glad we made it here; first-timers to Nashville and I will be dreaming of this place. We LOVED our food, it was soooo dang good. We ordered an amazing salad, the fig and pig pizza, and a scallop dish and wow! The fig and pig pizza is a must-do, if only I could re-create this lovely dish in Minnesota -- I'd be a happy gal. If I'm ever back in Nashville, this will be my first stop!Special Features:
- Good time/fix acoustic problemsmoozeusDined on 10/15/2014We have been a few times before this past Wednesday. We were showing him a place he'd never been. Knowing the food was good and a great location is why we choose PE for our dinner plans. Due to the weather getting cold, there was no one sitting on the patio. This didn't lead to an overly crowded dining area. As a matter of fact, there were 2-3 couples sitting at the bar, the tables away from the road were empty, which left the tables nearest the front of the room full with parties of 8, a sprinkling of two tops and then our table of three. The two larger groups were obviously feeling at home due to the comfortable 'I'm going to talk louder so everyone in the room can hear me.' This made it difficult for us to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantmikeDined on 10/12/2014This is a high end Italuan restaurant that is very affordable. Great food and a great atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Munchy BrunchyBribri80Dined on 9/14/2014Fabulous service & the brunch items were delicious. It's perfect for a loungy brunch on a Sunday. Hit up the happy hour specials during the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotsunflowerseedDined on 9/13/2014This was the second time I've been to Pomodoro East, and both times it has been great. The food is wonderful, and if you're looking for something priced a little lower, the sides could almost make a full meal. My family and I were happy with all the food we ordered and the servers were very friendly. Definitely one of the hidden gems in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- Very GoodGloriaDined on 9/10/2014Food was Great! In fact, greater than expected. A must have is the fig and pig pizza. Wednesday is $20 bottle of wine night. Good night to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night w/ friends on the patiopfg33VIPDined on 9/6/2014Organized a group dinner here for 6 people last Saturday. We sat on the patio, a nice outdoor area with Christmas lights hanging around the banister. In regard to the food, my girlfriend and I split the eggplant napoleon and carpaccio starters and the pork chop, which was big enough for the both of us. It was all delicious, especially the fried eggplant. Nobody else complained about their meals either. All around a solid night. Would go back again!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningNanhoo17Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with friends, and everything was perfect. Our server made great wine suggestions and was attentive but not smothering. Dodd was, as always, perfect. Best calamari in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The house and yard I wish I hadfluteangelVIPDined on 9/4/2014Pomodoro East NEVER fails to impress. I come here most times just for their wonderful ambiance: it is incredibly relaxing to sit on their front porch and watch the neighborhood - just like you are on your own front porch, (except someone gives you food!) or enjoy the peaceful, romantic air on the back patio. I've gone there with a friend and by myself and never feel out of place. The food is delicious, if a bit pricey. I wish their menu was a little more extensive, but everything they do, they do wonderfully. The staff is always very personable and never make me feel strange for coming to eat by myself. This is my new favorite place to go!Special Features:
- Wonderful Spot.ChrisHDined on 8/29/2014Great happy hour. Great service. Great food. Just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014good food and service. Nice upscale restaurant for a pleasant dining experience Will adapt the menu to the customer needs.Special Features:
- Amazing Happy HourAbailey0613Dined on 8/16/2014Pomodoro East has some of the best happy hour drink and food specials in Nashville. You can order anything off of the menu and it is delicious but I especially recommend the pesto pizza!Special Features:
- Nice night outMimiSherriDined on 8/8/2014We wanted a reasonably priced, low cost, quick dinner before a concert so we ate off the bar menu before going downtown. Solidly good. Do wish they would change up their happy hour menu a little - it seems it's been the same for a long time now. We sat outside on the deck - which I generally love doing - but it was really warm and we could have used some fan action. Server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I had gone to PE twice when it first opened. It was ok. After hearing how it had improved and "grown" I decided to take a group of friends for dinner and I was blown away. We had a beautiful experience and I will be recommending it to friends and clients often. I am so excited to get to know the staff and experience more of what Pomodoro East has to offer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTwinkie1Dined on 8/5/2014My birthday dinner at Pomodoro East was just right. From the delicious Cucumber Cocktail, to the Calamari, to the Crispy Trout w/Risotto and Lemon Asparagus, to the Tiramisu, it was exceptional. The service was attentive, but never intrusive. I could go right back and eat exactly the same thing all over again, but next time I want to try something new, because I know it will be scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 174 reviews are from the Pomodoro East reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Overall we had a good experience. The appetizer was lukewarm and while our pasta dishes were good; they weren't exceptional. The service was good, but all of the waiters seemed to be slammed. I would go back for happy hour and to try the pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner, fair serviceHailCorduroyDined on 7/20/2014For the amount of people who were in the restaurant (not many), I was surprised that the service was as sparse as it was. The food was excellent, as always. The bartender did an excellent job and nailed a drink that wasn't on the menu (Bourbon Crusta).Special Features:
- always goodNashDieselDined on 7/18/2014I took my parents to dinner and we had a great course of appetizers...onion rings, asparagus, cheese, eggplant, pizza...almost to good to shareSpecial Features:
- Great food as alwaysTBNashDined on 7/17/2014Always have a good time here. Food is always great and it's in the neighborhood. Good cocktails and wine selection. I haven't had anything that I wouldn't recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDebiDined on 7/12/2014Each of our party of seven was delighted with the food and service. Everything from the cocktails to the kid's pizza was delicious. There was generous bread to start on and the food came promptly. We shared tastes of all the inventive drinks and dishes and had a wonderful family get together. Our server, Jenna, helped make our special evening fun and stress-free.Special Features:
- Dining experience, pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We had a group of 6 on Saturday night. The food was good but not outstanding as we had hoped it would be. We were disappointed that there were so few choices of entrees. The appetizers were good, and the entrees were good but not outstanding. Two of us had the pork chops and agreed that it didn't have much taste. The sauce that went over it was great and saved it, but when it was gone the pork chop lacked flavor. The polenta was outstanding as was the peach bread pudding and the focaccia bread served before the meal.Special Features:
- A great night outNaptimeDined on 6/19/2014Finally was able to try Pomodoro East. From the moment we walked in the door, the hostess and waitress were very happy/bubbly and helpful. Our waitress offered food recommendations that were spot on. We had spiedini, trout, onion rings, chicken pesto pizza and everything was exceptional except for the pizza. When the server noticed my wife hadn't eaten much of the pizza, she immediately asked if there was a problem... We said it was just ok and she removed it from the bill without us even complaining. Well worth it for a nice night out on the East side.Special Features:
- Pomodoro EastCHsara0517Dined on 6/19/2014Menu somewhat limited but eclectic. Badly needs some type of noise restraint ie acoustical ceiling. Highly visible state-of-the-art pizza oven impressive !Special Features:
- First Time VisitLarryDined on 6/7/2014Had a great first visit! Excellent food selection & great taste. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoomDined on 6/1/2014The chicken parm and pasta Pomo was quite salty. The wait staff seemed preoccupied, although it did not seem very busy. Might try again, pizza looked pretty good. Atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Must Visit!JasonVIPDined on 6/1/2014This has been an over great restaurant but they have recently decided to have Brunch. The food is great but it seems that it has not been discovered yet. Please visit so they continue to have such a tasty morning meal between breakfast and lunch!Special Features:
- BeachbubbieDined on 5/29/2014Portions were exceptional, value also exceptional...Becoming a favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Nashville InstitutionChowhoundDined on 5/24/2014In an East Nasty food scene that seems to evolve daily, Pomodoro East seems a relative institution. And I suppose it has stuck around because they do what they do quite well. Excellent service, nice ambience, cool open-wall kitchen and brick oven, and a nice outdoor option make for a pleasant evening. Food was fine, wine list interesting. Recommended for those who enjoy Italian food with a bit of a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This was my first visit to Pomodoro East. I loved the interior, but the weather was perfect so we requested a table on the deck. The service was exemplary and the food delicious. Pomodoro East has a wonderful neighborhood vibe with many people just walking over. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did the chef taste anything?musiccityDined on 5/17/2014Of our party of five, only one person enjoyed their food. The overall comment was that the food was extremely salty... and this comes from some salt lovers who often grab for the shaker. The salt overpowered other flavors. Our table had two pizzas, two pastas, two salads and appetizers. The food looked beautiful but the taste was not good. Only the fig and pig pizza got a good rating from one diner. Our server was polite but seemed untrained and very flustered. She kept having to go and ask others about things and was not able to really explain the dishes. Do they let the servers sample things is my question? She described one dish as a noodly brothy hammy thing. It was a cool vibe but I won't go back for a bowl of $15 salty pasta.Special Features:
- Pomodoro EastggdiningDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Pomodoro East twice: once for dinner and once for a Sunday brunch. I've had great experiences both times. The food and the service has been excellent. And I've been able to sample others' meals, and they've been great too. It's an Italian restaurant, but they also some American dishes that have an Italian twist. The menu is unique, and it's all delicious. It's slightly pricey, but a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Great new findJanstanDined on 5/11/2014We ate at Pomodoro East for Mother's Day Brunch. This was the first time we visited this wonderful restaurant. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We loved the interesting menu and the ambiance. I would highly recommend!! Thanks, Pomodoro East - for making my Mother's Day extra special!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentFudaholicVIPDined on 5/10/2014I think I can safely say that we are now regulars at Pomodoro East. The food is delightful with a fantastic balance of dishes, salads, entrees and the pizzas are really the best I have eaten in Nashville. They are refined, delicious and have a pizza crust that is just as much a part of the flavor as the toppings. There is an excellent kids menu too. We also have the same server every time, Matthew. He is a highly knowledgeable in all things culinary, highly enthusiastic and exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. We would not enjoy a meal there without him. The beautiful wooden deck outside is a real plus for those balmy evenings. Don't hesitate to go there with your kids, in a group or just as a couple. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Comfort Food for Foodies20YearsInLockelandSpringsDined on 5/4/2014Foodie restaurants don't fit neatly into a cookie cutter mold - that's part of what makes them attractive -- but they generally possess an atmosphere that lets you know you're in the company of fellow foodies. For me, Pomodoro East holds a tad of that same vibe, but with a twist toward those in search of comfort food. Not comfort food of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, lasagna or gooey thick pizza. You'll find none of that. P.E.'s pizza has thin, homemade crust and inventive, but not too far-out toppings. The entrees are worthy of a higher-priced snooty Italian restaurant's menu. P.E. has become my go-to place for a good-quality, satisfying meal served by friendly people. I have not tried their brunch, but look forward to checking it out.Special Features: