Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
8977 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pomopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 480-998-1366x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matteo Schiavone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana is the First and Only Pizzeria in Arizona awarded the prestigious certifications of true authentic Neapolitan pizza from the highly regarded APN and VPN. Pizza associations both based in Napoli, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (46)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (26)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (18)notable wine list (17)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014The quality never waivers, whether it be taste or service. This is one restaurant that I have no problem with highly recommending to others!Special Features:
- chickpeaDined on 8/20/2014The ambience is lovely, but the noise level is almost deafening. Service was slow, but pleasant. Would like to try outside when the weather is cooler. Prices are modest, food plentiful. Stuffed potato appetizer was delicious .Special Features:
- Love it!MayafezVIPDined on 8/17/2014Truly authentic Italian pizza. Love this place. Will go back everytime I am in scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzamhkolmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014The pizza at Pomo is good, not great. The crust was somewhat undercooked or just meant to be mushy. Toppings were good. Service was excellent - our server was helpful, not too intrusive, and had a great attitude. Sitting outside means you face a parking lot. There are much better outdoor dining venues in the Valley.Special Features:
- Phil the pizza loverPhillipeDined on 8/4/2014Pomo makes great authentic italian pizzas. The sauce is perfect and the crust exceptional. We highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Always delicious!TurtleDined on 8/1/2014I've been going to POMO for three years and the quality has remained superb. In my humble opinion, it surpasses Pizzeria Bianco and rivals Cibo for a red sauce pizza. Make a reservation, though--it gets busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momitri at POMOMomitriVIPDined on 7/30/2014It was a hot, humid evening when we dined at POMO. But the restaurant had two of the roll up windows open for the bar. This made the restaurant uncomfortably warm and we couldn't wait to get out of there. The food has become only so-so. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Excellent PizzayumyumyumVIPDined on 7/27/2014What a great find. After reading several reviews of restaurants in the area, we picked Pomo. What a great place! Excellent food, service, wine and overall experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014A "so-so" experience. Might go again, but there are other pizza restaurants that exceed Pomo.Special Features:
- Prime location and ambiencePhoenician1961Dined on 7/11/2014Pomo has been recognized as a great place for Neapolitan pizza and delivers a great product. The last time we visited, the quality of the pizza didn't meet our expectations and it was a little overpriced. We had a great server and enjoyed the time spent in the new location, at least triple in size from it's previous one. Be prepared to pay close to $100 for a dinner for two sharing an appetizer and a tiramisu ( a must have).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Eccellente su tutte le categorie!!! Viva la pizza napoletana..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to their CertificationChanceVIPDined on 6/29/2014Met some family while we where in Scottsdale for vacation. Their pizza is certified by the V.P.N. Verace Pizza Napoletana and the A.P.N. Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani, both associations are based in Napoli, Italy. We have tried several restaurants with theses certification across the country and have never anything but a great experience. Pomo Cucina didn't change our opinion. It was packed when we arrived and we had a short wait for a table of six. The wait was well worth it. As a group we had three pizzas, two salads, and a couple of pasta dishes. All the food was great, only two pieces of pizza left with to us be consumed later. If you like real Italian food you'll love this place.Special Features:
- Amazing pizzaPattiVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another GREAT meal at Pomo!! Amazing Pizza and the Moscow Mules are good too!Special Features:
- noise level untolerablereservationsVIPDined on 6/20/2014I will not go back because of the noise level in the dining room. There is no excuse for this.
- Wonderful Napalitano pizzaJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 6/17/2014If you want a perfect comfy pizza meal - this is the place. Decent wine list by the glass or bottle. Several great salads - all of a size you will need to share. And several dozen different pizzas - all made to order and worth a short wait while they crisp them in their special oven. Can't decide? Get the Don Alfonso. ONLY weakness is a somewhat limited dessert menu selection. Instead go for a glass of Amaro!Special Features:
- Good food. Very poor service.FoodiesDined on 6/15/2014Good food but very poor service. We have finished our appetizer and server has not come back to get our entree order. She did not come back to refill our drinks and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2014Sat outdoors, it was hot out, but misters kept things nice and cool. Pizza was fantastic, can not beat the crust. A terrific spot to meet friends.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2014One of the best pizza restaurants in the PHX metro area.Special Features:
- Bruschetta, Pizza, and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Pomo's sauvignon blanc was a perfect accompaniment to our meal. We began with bruschettas (plain, sorrentina, and mediterranean) and their verdure grigliate. The mediterranean & verdure grigliate were spot on. Time to sample their wood fired pizzas...so, we ordered the quattro stagioni and pizza chef. Both were tasty and had the right amount of char and chew. Without any vegan dishes featured on the menu, we requested a pasta dish for the vegan in our group providing suggestions on what to include (ie. mushrooms, garlic, etc.). However, when we received the dish, it was literally a bowl of pasta (nothing else) so she wound up taking some veggies from our pizza. Truly marred our otherwise pleasant evening at Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria.Special Features:
- Good for guestsDoniamhVIPDined on 5/27/2014Food is excellent. Misters are apparently new; may need some tweaking- it was a little warm. Restaurant may also want to consider some large plants or something to improve the outdoor view. All that aside, food is incredibly fresh and options are great. Took a friend from out of town and had a nice evening out.Special Features:
- LunchVicwebb25Dined on 5/23/2014I went here for lunch after school one day and it was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roadwarrior5Dined on 5/20/2014Authentic appetizer and true naples style pizza. Upbeat and fun server. Would definetly frequent if I lived in the area.Special Features:
- Other items as good as the pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014No surprise that the pizza at Pomo is top notch if a bit pricy, but we had the mushroom soup as well and that was excellent. Service was a little slow but my guess is that is due to the place being packed and they can only do so many pizzas at a time.Special Features:
- Great spot to meet friends!CarolHDined on 5/18/2014We had a fabulous dinner of salads, soups, and pizzas! The wine list is extensive. For an upscale restaurant this was also very kid friendly. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014When the weather is perfect, so is sitting out on this patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014Server on patio also tended bar. Very slow and unattentive service even though only two people at bar. Had to get up to get utensles. Food took almost an hour and the pizza dough was raw and very undercooked. Server never came by to ask how was everything. Good call on her part.
- Great service / Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014I couldn't decide on a wine that would go great with the pizza I ordered. The server was super knowledgeable and knew the perfect match. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated - Major HypeDogulaVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had high expectations, but were very disappointed. The pizza was just good, nothing special. This Naples certification just a bunch of hype. I'm Italian and have been to Italy and Pomo pizza would not even make my top 25 list. The pancetta on my pizza was all fat. All it added to my pizza was grease, because these pizzas do not spend much time in the oven, the pancetta was basically raw. Think of eating raw bacon fat slightly warm, that's what it tasted like. Also, the service was not good either. If you want good pizza go to Lamp Pizzeria (North Scottsdale), Humble Pie, Pizza Bianco, etc. If you want expensive, overrated & over hyped pizza then Pomo is for you.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria reviews archive.
- TOO NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/30/2014Our party of three ate on the patio and could not hear ourselves talk. A table of eight was loud. It made it very difficult to enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- Awful servicefoursomeDined on 4/29/2014We had a 7pm reservation and we were not seated until almost 8pm. We had out if town guests and we were very embarrassed . We had to stand at the bar and they didn't even comp our drinksSpecial Features:
- return visitPepperVIPDined on 4/29/2014easy, happy, great food, great time - pleasant employees and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smilePatti0252Dined on 4/28/2014Friendly and efficient service. This is a busy place yet the service was exceptional. Water always refilled. Mango and and arugula salad was delicious and huge! Could share among 3 people! Pizzas were good though alittle soggy in the middle. Had 3 different pies...the vegetable pie with eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes was good outside crust delicious but was soggy in the middle, the filette pizza..white pie with the buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes seemed alittle undercooked. Would go back because the the service was good and even though the pies were soggy they were flavorful...Special Features:
- Great restaurantBogyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great food great restaurant and great service. Our appetizer and Pizza were delicious.Special Features:
- fun for allthedivaeatsDined on 4/25/2014We had all ages with us and our waiter was wonderful took care of everyone's needs with good food and drink. The children were happy as were the adults.Special Features:
- Food is delicious!goodfoodsDined on 4/24/2014This is my fourth time at this restaurant and have tried something new every time and every time it is delicious. The staff is friendly and service is good.Special Features:
- They know ItaliangeofromazVIPDined on 4/22/2014Maybe the best pizza to be found in our area. Nothing fancy, just good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!TrishsDishVIPDined on 4/21/2014Love your place Stephano! We always sit at the bar and love your staff. Food is always delicious and I love the market. Cheers to you and your crew!Special Features:
- DinnerVicwebb25Dined on 4/17/2014We had pizza and a salad. The salad didn't have very much salad dressing on it. However, the pizza was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why wait?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Was on time for our reservation. The hostess said our table was being set up and it would be a few minutes. 25 minutes later we were still waiting as many walk-ins were being seated before us. When I questioned the hostess, she said they had arrived before us and were waiting. I asked about our "original" table and why we hadn't been seated yet, she smiled and said she was giving us a really great table and we were the next party of four. We waited another 5 minutes and left. Headed back to our Hotel and had a peaceful meal. I don't mind waiting a little while or longer if there is a legitimate issue, but I don't appreciate being lied to.. Will not be back to Pomo anytime soon or recommend the experience.Special Features:
- Worst service in ScottsdaleJohnVIPDined on 4/16/2014While Pomo may have been a hotspot, it missed the mark again and again during a recent dining experience Wednesday night. Our server had four tables and couldn't remember what each table ordered much less who ordered it. His penchant for service was matched by his abysmal Italian accent (if you can't make it fake it?). Burrata wasn't creamy, ensalada mista was good (needs more than a token slice of cucumber and tomato), and the capriccosa pizza was excellent when it finally arrived to the table. All in all a good meal gone bad with horrible service.Special Features: