Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
8977 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pomopizzeria.com/
- Phone: (480) 998-1366
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matteo Schiavone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria
Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana is the First and Only Pizzeria in Arizona awarded the prestigious certifications of true authentic Neapolitan pizza from the highly regarded APN and VPN. Pizza associations both based in Napoli, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (43)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (24)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Not the best night at Pomo.SherylVIPDined on 11/22/2014The pizza we ordered arrived lukewarm and the crust was soggy. We have had much better in the past at Pomo. The mixto salad was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EaterVIPDined on 11/21/2014while othere items are on the menue, the Pizza is not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PlaceJC041VIPDined on 11/19/2014Nice ambiance, energetic crowd (always busy), and delicious food. Always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Pizza tomato sauce was very runny; bread was stale.
- Fabulous pizza!LisaVIPDined on 11/18/2014This is the place to go for delicious, authentic Naples pizza. Crispy, yet chewy crust with wonderful topping combinations. The tomato soup was also outstanding. We'll definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Pomo - The Shops at Gainey VillageBellaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We were dining with a person from southern Italy. He said the food was absolutely authentic and reminded him of home. We all had something different and each of us was more than pleased with out meal. We will definitely add Pomo to our list "Favorite Places to Eat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & food second to noneRob59Dined on 11/13/2014I must say the atmosphere was very up beat yet not to loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation. The waitress we had had to be one of the best parts of the evening as we went with an older couple that order from the appetizers for there main order she asked and delivered the food just how each person wanted it. As my Bride and I had pizza's plus and appetizer which all were wonderfully delicious and our Friends had a salad as a started then the appetizer for there main dish which was served perfectly. Hats off to Pomo and the the staff for a fantastic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian style pizzamy3kinderVIPDined on 11/11/2014it was good...i wouldn't say it was the best pizza i ever had, and it leaned towards the pricey side, but it was good. the pizza oven is really cool to look at and the ambiance was nice, a bit noisy, but it's winter in scottsdale. it's going to be busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PizzaazappleVIPDined on 11/10/2014Pizza is such a personal thing, I don't usually suggest it when picking restaurants. However, Pomo is so good, I have introduced it to about five couples...everyone one of the has loved it! Only problem will be that now that we are in season, it will be hard to get a reservation. This is a must try.Special Features:
- pomoMikeVIPDined on 11/8/2014wonderful authentic pizza and italian specialties. lovely little shop to buy gourmet auhentic itlian specialty foods fresh and canned features many olive oilsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014This has become a regular destination. I has yet to disappoint my wife and iSpecial Features:
- Okky OeiScottsdalefoodyDined on 10/12/2014Pomo came highly recommended and it met all expectations. The food is excellent and service was great. We will be back soon and also visit the store as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza findglowormDined on 9/28/2014Not your usual pizzeria..authentic style Italian pizza - great selections, salads to share and more. We were impressed the first time, and have returned with friends...and have never been disappointed....family friendly, but also great for 'date nite' out...special nite or just plain "I feel like having pizza tonite'. Very versatile.Special Features:
- QtucciDined on 9/22/2014Fresh ingredients! pizza's are perfect! They taste just like the pizza we ate in Italy. Great atmosphere for a leisurely lunch. Great desserts too!Special Features:
- Love the PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014The pizza is excellent, fresh ingredients, and lots of choices. The crust is perfect. Service was attentive but not rushed. Very enjoyable sitting outside and not nearly as loud as inside. The outdoor bar area offers a good place to hang out. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeErivera3115VIPDined on 9/20/2014As always the food was great and the service was magnificent. We love this place!!!!Special Features:
- DelightfulBizZaroVIPDined on 9/14/2014Pomo is my go to pizza place every Sunday evening. Being a creature of habit, this place provides amazingly consistent and delicious food. The Peppino Pizza and the Calizone are to die for. Once you go, you will be going weekly, at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Real DealstubdocVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is genuine Neapolitan pizza and other Italian delights, very much like eating in Italy. Service was great and the atmosphere was fun. No heavy meals, but excellent wood-fired oven pizza, panini, appetizers, pasta, and salads. Short but good wine list and several beers.Special Features:
- consistent re food and serviceluvmyazVIPDined on 9/13/2014We keep coming back to Pomo because of the food and service. The pizza's are the best, we have our two favs the capriocisa and principe but i am sure the others are great to. Their salads are also great, mango is our fav but the other' s are also good. We love the outside patio but indoors is also good. Its our neighborhood Gem. All servers are wonderful, my fav is Amy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PomoVicwebb25Dined on 9/10/2014Love the food! I go there all the time after schoolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizzeriabeachdom5Dined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed dinner here twice during our stay in Paradise Valley. Both visits our dinner was superb, fresh, quality pizzas and good Italian beer on draught. Service is also very good, very friendly and attentive. We would highly recommend and will definitely return when next in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!MacdewVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was awesome! Much better than I recall before they moved from their Borgata spot. The fried Calzone was just like new york!! Great pizza, too.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014The quality never waivers, whether it be taste or service. This is one restaurant that I have no problem with highly recommending to others!Special Features:
- chickpeaDined on 8/20/2014The ambience is lovely, but the noise level is almost deafening. Service was slow, but pleasant. Would like to try outside when the weather is cooler. Prices are modest, food plentiful. Stuffed potato appetizer was delicious .Special Features:
- Love it!MayafezVIPDined on 8/17/2014Truly authentic Italian pizza. Love this place. Will go back everytime I am in scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzamhkolmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014The pizza at Pomo is good, not great. The crust was somewhat undercooked or just meant to be mushy. Toppings were good. Service was excellent - our server was helpful, not too intrusive, and had a great attitude. Sitting outside means you face a parking lot. There are much better outdoor dining venues in the Valley.Special Features:
- Phil the pizza loverPhillipeDined on 8/4/2014Pomo makes great authentic italian pizzas. The sauce is perfect and the crust exceptional. We highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in Metro PhoenixAZfishloverVIPDined on 8/2/2014Need I say more. The pizza is exquisite. The sauce is divine. You just can't stop eating it.Special Features:
- Always delicious!TurtleDined on 8/1/2014I've been going to POMO for three years and the quality has remained superb. In my humble opinion, it surpasses Pizzeria Bianco and rivals Cibo for a red sauce pizza. Make a reservation, though--it gets busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momitri at POMOMomitriVIPDined on 7/30/2014It was a hot, humid evening when we dined at POMO. But the restaurant had two of the roll up windows open for the bar. This made the restaurant uncomfortably warm and we couldn't wait to get out of there. The food has become only so-so. We will not go back.Special Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the Pomo Cucina & Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Excellent PizzayumyumyumVIPDined on 7/27/2014What a great find. After reading several reviews of restaurants in the area, we picked Pomo. What a great place! Excellent food, service, wine and overall experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014A "so-so" experience. Might go again, but there are other pizza restaurants that exceed Pomo.Special Features:
- Prime location and ambiencePhoenician1961Dined on 7/11/2014Pomo has been recognized as a great place for Neapolitan pizza and delivers a great product. The last time we visited, the quality of the pizza didn't meet our expectations and it was a little overpriced. We had a great server and enjoyed the time spent in the new location, at least triple in size from it's previous one. Be prepared to pay close to $100 for a dinner for two sharing an appetizer and a tiramisu ( a must have).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Eccellente su tutte le categorie!!! Viva la pizza napoletana..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to their CertificationChanceVIPDined on 6/29/2014Met some family while we where in Scottsdale for vacation. Their pizza is certified by the V.P.N. Verace Pizza Napoletana and the A.P.N. Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani, both associations are based in Napoli, Italy. We have tried several restaurants with theses certification across the country and have never anything but a great experience. Pomo Cucina didn't change our opinion. It was packed when we arrived and we had a short wait for a table of six. The wait was well worth it. As a group we had three pizzas, two salads, and a couple of pasta dishes. All the food was great, only two pieces of pizza left with to us be consumed later. If you like real Italian food you'll love this place.Special Features:
- Amazing pizzaPattiVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another GREAT meal at Pomo!! Amazing Pizza and the Moscow Mules are good too!Special Features:
- noise level untolerablereservationsVIPDined on 6/20/2014I will not go back because of the noise level in the dining room. There is no excuse for this.
- Wonderful Napalitano pizzaJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 6/17/2014If you want a perfect comfy pizza meal - this is the place. Decent wine list by the glass or bottle. Several great salads - all of a size you will need to share. And several dozen different pizzas - all made to order and worth a short wait while they crisp them in their special oven. Can't decide? Get the Don Alfonso. ONLY weakness is a somewhat limited dessert menu selection. Instead go for a glass of Amaro!Special Features:
- Good food. Very poor service.FoodiesDined on 6/15/2014Good food but very poor service. We have finished our appetizer and server has not come back to get our entree order. She did not come back to refill our drinks and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2014Sat outdoors, it was hot out, but misters kept things nice and cool. Pizza was fantastic, can not beat the crust. A terrific spot to meet friends.Special Features: