554 Old Post Road #3
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.polporestaurant.com/
- Phone: (203) 629-1999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 11:30pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Maltagliatti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater events such as corporate presentations, board meetings, retirement dinners, holiday parties, anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room can accommodate from 15 guests to up 70 guests for:
- Corporate Events & Trade shows
- Executive Board Room
- VIP Private Dining Room
- High Tech- WIFI & Free Internet
- High School Reunions
- Association Lunch Meetings
- Birthday Celebrations
- Art Receptions
- Press Parties
- Anniversary Parties
- Private Party Contact: Nordine Achbani 2036291999x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment and piano bar nightly.
- Special Events: Live Music every night
A word from Polpo
Polpo Restaurant serves exquisitely prepared Tuscan cuisine in a warm and inviting countryside atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Polpo - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Polpo reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (20)hot spot (20)notable wine list (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Polpo is Devine!lunchmunchVIPDined on 11/19/2014Everything about Polpo is Fabulous! The food is delicious. Its attentive service, wonderful ambience, menu, wines and bar scene-all are spectacular. We look forward to our next visit to Polpo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerLifetimeNewYorkerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Special occasion - the staff was warm and gracious -- food was fabulous -- interior is delightful -- only downside is that tables are close and noise level is VERY high. Veal chop with cream sauce and mushrooms was out of this world.Special Features:
- JakeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food and atmosphere. Expensive but always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairfield CountybizdinerDined on 10/13/2014Went to Polpo with a group of 7 for a business dinner. The food and service were excellent. The only complaint was the overall noise level in the dining area. A little loud for business conversations. Would not stop me from going back. Food was A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes this a failMarcosDined on 10/10/2014Typical southern Italian menu that has too many items and specials. However, this is one of the most dysfunctional services ever. From the rude matre'd to the nonenglish speaking servers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This neighborhood gem draws a well heeled, eclectic crowd. It is warm, inviting and not pretentious in the least, despite the prices, excellent food and service. The downstairs dining room is more fun and attractive than the upstairs. The bar scene is great with excellent piano player and brass. A very convivial atmosphere that feels more like a cocktail party a la Madmen than a suburban restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDatenighterDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was so loud you could barely hear the conversation at your table. Not at all romantic or good for a date. The food was decent but most dishes were salty.
- I Love Polpojohnpearl44VIPDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful evening at Polpo. Great food, attentive service is an attractive surrounding. Noise level a challenge but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014As before, nice setting, good food. But the staff stubbornly acts like they are waiting for their friends to arrive so they can lavish attention, while the rest of the patrons are merely tolerated. We were handed our menus and then ignored for what seemed like a half hour (and yes, verified by neighboring tables getting served, and a later apology and comped dessert. I would much rather have good service than a free dessert that I probably would not have ordered anyway.) Please read Danny Meyer's book. It isn't hard to have happy customers.
- Off nightRainVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was terrible. Mistakes from start to finish. Diners eating outside were ignored and neglected. I don't think we will return.Special Features:
- POLPO - Italian steak houseFabric8rDined on 9/6/2014If you like a restaurant to "be seen and be seen", excellent food, and a terrific bar scene, then POLPO is your restaurant!!! The bar is huge, and in the same area is a baby grand piano that has a piano player playing during the dinner hours (if you can hear him over the din). If you do not like a noisy ambience, then request the upstairs dining room, or opt for the outside tables, which are wonderful on a warm Summer or early Autumn evening. The menu is extensive, ranging from fresh fish, "Angry Lober", and a wide range of meat, including an incredible veal chop, lamb chops, and prime steaks. There is also every night a black board brought to your table listing the specials for the evening. Good for 2 or a large group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLfishermanDined on 9/4/2014Friendly attentive staff. Dined out side. Food was very good. We all enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- New to GreenwichOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We are in the process of moving from NYC to Greenwich. I'm glad we found a great restaurant. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service EVER---EMBARRASSINGgefsDined on 8/9/20148pm were seated in empty room upstairs.We ordered nonacl drinks @8:15 THEN,no action at table until 9 when we placed order & were told "kitchen backed up". Hostess came over @ 9 & asked how everything was. hard to know, hadn't been served 1 thing. The waiter never came back thru entire meal never asked if we wanted another drink. Were not served our meal for another hour..10pm and 3/4 meals sent back(2 wrong dishes& 1 RAW pork dish).Was told 2 chefs "in hospital" and manager in kitchen, unavailable. We asked him to come when free, never showed up! The other 3 meals finally came.. and we were eating dinner at 11pm. The fish portion EXTREMELY small. Virgin mary $12 !!! Valet tip $4! MOST UNPLEASANT MEAL EVER WORST SERVICE. SHOULD BE ASHAMED
- rbocaVIPDined on 8/2/2014very good food and excellent service. convenient for Greenwich and northern Westchester patrons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014food was good but the place a bit outdated and too much staff
- Too bad the waitstaff isn't betterRainVIPDined on 7/29/2014Our waiter outside was in a daze. I asked him a question about one of the ingredients and he got annoyed with me. I think this restaurant gives the best service to their repeat customers but. they may find no new repeat customers if they treat new diners the way they treated us. This is not my first complaint about the service at Polpo. Don't think we will be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- The following 247 reviews are from the Polpo reviews archive.
- PerfectoFrancoisVIPDined on 7/24/2014Polpo is one of the best restaurants in Greenwich. I've been eating at Polpo since it opened and have had excellent meals every time. Everything on the menu is great. It's the ideal place for a business meal or to bring your date. The tables are spread out among different rooms so you feel at home.Special Features:
- LadieswholunchDined on 7/22/2014I went to Polpo for lunch with two other women. We had a reservation for 12:30. The restaurant was empty when we arrived there and even when we left at 1:30 there were only two other tables occupied. We all ordered the chicken paillaird with arugula salad and each of us commented to each other that the chicken was way too salty. Also, the portion was very small and the chicken very very thin. Unfortunately none of us had paid attention to the price of the salad and it turned out that they were almost $30 each. This was way overpriced for what we were served and therefore I would never recommend this restaurant..
- NYRHVIPDined on 7/12/2014Del Posto prices for Arthur Avenue food. Although the service is quite good and the setting is charming, the disparity between the quality of the food and the cost of a meal is shocking, almost offensive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014The food was very good with attentive service. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Jazz pianistPianogirl7VIPDined on 7/7/2014Not only delicious food but a jazz pianist playing all our favorite tunes in the bar where we were dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatniteoutDined on 7/5/2014I've been to Polpo several times and I love this restaurant. I recommend sitting in the bar area where there is live music and usually a great bar scene. The foodie terrific and the wine menu is excellent. Service has always even very good however the waiter we had on the most recent visit had an attitude and was not very accommodating. It happens. I'd go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good and kitchen did a great job accommodating the over crowded, very noisy restaurant with rushed, abrupt waiters who were too busy to treat the customers with compassion they deserve. Not a relaxing place at all!
- Great as always.Elians1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food, excellent service. These people know how to take care of their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAverageVIPDined on 6/21/2014I am not sure why this resturant gets such great reviews. The service while very friendly and knowledgable was very slow. The food was ok but not worthy of its reputation. The bar had live music which sounded great but very loud for many of the tables close to the bar. If you go make sure you are not seated near the bar or you will find it hard to have a conversation. The other thing I found annoying was the receipt had a space for a tip and a tip for the captain....that has mostly disappeared in most restaurants and the valet slip asked for a $4 tip. I understand the staff needs to earn a living but it seemed a bit of over emphasis on tipping. Perhaps we were there at a super busy time and things were out of sync that night.
- Once againTobyJaneDined on 6/15/2014We frequent Polpo often and it is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- MarkVIPDined on 6/14/2014One of Greenwich's finest, great menu, bold face names in the crowd, lively bar, live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKeyzerSozeVIPDined on 6/3/2014Great service, great valet parking, great food, great outdoor dining, and little traffic to deal with. all around great.Special Features:
- Horrible service Horrible foodBlondebaby3VIPDined on 5/31/2014I knew we were in for a rough ride when we waited 30 minutes to place a drink order. After another 30 minutes my husband got up to find a waiter to place the food order. After forty minutes entrees arrived cold and over cooked. It seems that only regulars get any kind of service or attention. Unfortunately for them, we eat out seven nights a week, dropped. $300.00 for two people, and will never return.
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2014Polpo is consistently outstanding in terms of food, service and ambience. You can't go wrong no matter what the occasion.Special Features:
- What a Special Place!Ellebo13VIPDined on 5/12/2014Our Anniversary, and last minute we decided to go to Polpo...An Italian restaurant tucked onto a side street in a wonderful stone and wood historic house. Romantic but not snooty, bustling but not overpowering and the perfect choice. Service is top notch as not only did we have a waiter, and bus boys, but maitre'd and owner stopped over a few times yet were not intrusive at all. The food was excellent, Veal Chop Parm was the not only the biggest we had ever seen, but the most tender, juicy and flavorful. A house specialty, Angry Lobster ( at $28 lb ) is an entire lobster in a spicy broth, cracked and ready to dig into. Delicious. Raw Bar clams and oysters were too pricey and too small. But Overall a special place and worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerSihudsonVIPDined on 5/3/2014Lovely service, ambiance and delicious good! The owner is the greatest, makes you feel so welcome and the waiters and staff were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I went to Polpo for our anniversary. Really good traditional Italian food with a pleasant atmosphere and appropriate service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- LbepVIPDined on 4/30/2014Best restaurant meal we have had in a long time, worth the trip from anywhere in Fairfield County.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBonbon62VIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place but was a bit too crowded! Waited 45 min to be seated in the main dining room, because we didn't wand to sit upstairs. Live music gave of a fun touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemCathywDined on 4/19/2014Everything at Polpo deserves a superlative. Decor. Food. Service. Those are the big three for me. Polpo excels at all. And more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceSuzanneDined on 4/18/2014Polpo is fantastic every time. From the appetizers to dessert, everything you put in your mouth is delicious. Service is excellent, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GreenwichTobyJaneDined on 4/12/2014My family continues to choose Polpo when we try to figure out a restaurant we all want to go to. Superb food and service. In a town with loads of restaurants, this one is outstanding.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningdiningdiva1VIPDined on 4/9/2014The experience was better than the last time I was there because this time I was with a "regular." We were given the best rather than the worst table in the place, the service was very good rather than obligatory. The food was still mediocre. Beef carpaccio was watery and mushy from having been frozen, with no flavor. Angry lobster, their signature dish, was good, not great, was served barely warm not hot due to long wait between courses. The valet parking ticket (you must use the valets, no self-parking option permitted) says: suggested tip $4.00! I have never seen that before and think it is presumptuous and high for a valet tip, especially at a small suburban restaurant where the valet has to walk only a few steps to get the cars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.