Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
9641 Sunset Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dorchestercollection.com/
- Phone: 3108872777x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7:00am to 1:30am daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kaleo Adams
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch.
A word from Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Polo Lounge has been the favorite breakfast spot and watering hole for generations of stars and Hollywood deal-makers. Guests enjoy indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and late-night suppers. Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch. In the evening guests can come to relax and enjoy one of our many specialty cocktails or one of our old favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (73)special occasion (68)romantic (51)great for lunch (48)great for brunch (41)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (20)good for groups (19)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- Good but lacked great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The food was good as expensive as you would expect. However the servers we had we hardly qualified. We had two main servers who did not know what was going on. They lacked the manners and customer service you would expect from a place like this. They made us feel like we inconvienced them by being there. The food was good the vibe and presentation was nice and inviting. Good one time experience but really need better quality in the service.Special Features:
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This place is awesome, so classy and very Hollywood! I was here for dinner on a Saturday night and was seated at a beautiful corner booth table. They provide excellent service! However the food was ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Ir was nice, unfortunately there was a lunch with about 15 noisy ladies and were a little uncomfortable. Besides we paid the bar bill and they charge it again in the lunch, I didn't notice until later. This was not very nice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polo Lounge reviewBonVivantDined on 9/11/2014A visit to the Polo Lounge will have an element of a pilgrimage to a historic and iconic Hollywood venue. The seasoned staff reminds us that the BH Hotel was already there before the City of BH was established. Therefore expect 5 star elegance albeit from a distant era. Service: 5 stars, impeccable with staff eager to assist, so rare these days - rest assured, you are paying for it. Ambiance outdoors was relaxing. Amenities include silver plated cutlery, pressed linen and an elegant presentation. Food quality is only up to 4 stars as the kitchen appears to be focused on satisfying older clientele, the old rich, as they say, with familiar edibles. All in all, the experience was superlative. Cost of lunch with wine, 15 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treatSBCaliDined on 9/5/2014This hotel has always been a stop for special occassions. It's history, ambiance, food, and service are always spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedVeggiebluffDined on 8/30/2014The patio is beautiful but we had to listen to a child bouncing a basketball outside one of the villas behind our table For the first half of our dinner! That was not what we expected in a fine dining Establishment with such an expensive menu. It was nice that they had a special vegan menu however the portions were very very small... Appetizer size for a $23 entrée! Our server was nice but she never checked on us once during our meal. Now we can say we been there but of all the dining we've experienced in Hollywood and Beverly Hills this was the most disappointing.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our mothers 80th birthday and it couldn't have been better. The ambience , food, service and special care was the high point of the weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpentableDined on 8/25/2014The only complaint we had was the steak was not done according to how ordered and was barely warm. Otherwise, the hotel, ambiance, wait service, hospitality were excellent. We went for my birthday and they were so sweet, they brought out a blueberry soufflé on a decorated plate. We would definitely go back. We might even stay at the gorgeous hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite "couples" restaurantAngelicaBDined on 8/24/2014Although I have come here many a time with a group for brunch or dinner; It's a unique spot for a couples brunch or dinner. The patio is very hidden, lush & romantic. You really feel like you are on a European veranda. The tables are spaced nicely to where you aren't too close to other people & the ambiance is very quaint & cottage-like. An impressive "date night".Special Features:
- A little expen$ivenonicknameDined on 8/23/2014We had lunch on the patio and it was a wonderful and relaxing place. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and attentive. However, the dress of many of the customers was fairly casual, about 25% were in t-shrts and bermuda shorts. They looked fine, but not what I expected. One or two others were unacceptably casual but they let them in anyway. I was there years ago and it seemed more "glamorous" then. Maybe I was just younger then!Special Features:
- Relaxing ambianceOutstandingVIPDined on 8/16/2014It has always been a delight dining with friends at the PL as the atmosphere lends itself to good conversation and highly attentive service. On the other hand, I have never experienced a memorable dining experience here where, in fact, our entrees have typically been ordinary. I do admit, however, that the crab cake appetizer and souffles were excellent as well as my friend’s filet mignon. Finally, we were struck by the lack of patrons the evening we dined which had not been our previous observation.Special Features:
- An enchanting evening !MadameDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner at the Polo Lounge was truly exceptional. The food and the service were superb. We had the iceberg wedge salad, the Ceasar salad, the tortellini and the scallops. All were perfectly done - the sauce for the tortellini was heavenly and the scallops were the best my husband ever had. As for the service, it was attentive, professional yet friendly and warm. And, of course, knowing that you are in an iconic, mythical place makes it that much more special...Special Features:
- Dinner reservationAussietouristDined on 8/5/2014Three of us were visiting from Melbourne, Australia. This restaurant was magnificent. The food was amazing, particularly their signature dessert dish - chocolate souffle. The service was impeccable and the ambiance was outstanding. Beautiful restaurant to treat yourself or go to for a special occasion on your tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special TreatUktravellerDined on 8/5/2014Myself, wife and daughter had lunch here during our recent trip to LA. The food, service and ambience of this place is a superb and we had a wonderful afternoon.Special Features:
- Very nice place!CessiDined on 8/1/2014Friendly staff and outstanding outdoor eating area. Luxury feeling. Good food, too! Had a very nice lunch there with kids of 12,15 and 18.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysTerriwith2arfsVIPDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant never disappoints! We always have a wonderful meal, great service & terrific ambience! I always have the McCarthy Salad which is a finely chopped, similar to cobb salad, with delicious balsamic vinaigrette. Husband had the Lobster Salad which was fresh and wonderful. We were also checking in to the hotel, which was done while we ate. I highly recommend all of their restaurants!Special Features:
- AlenaDined on 7/27/2014The place is very classy. I found it though a little overpriced. I think it's because of the name, location, reputation etc...Special Features:
- Continued excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Remains a fabulous experience with exemplary and attentive service; delicious food and memorable ambiance and over-all experience. Offers both a romantic environment (patio-booth) or fun lively option (in doors). Service continues to be phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableToomaDined on 7/26/2014Loved the garden atmosphere. Our starters were delicious however some of our entrees were bland yet fresh. Needed more spicing up.Special Features:
- The Polo Lounge Still has PullMarianaDined on 7/23/2014The Polo Lounge is an old L.A. mainstay famous for serving stiff, fresh, and inspired cocktails, the very old tree outside, and for its beautiful location and hotel grounds. Most restaurants this iconic and historic are merely musuems to their glory days and where people gather to relive their youth. This is NOT the case at the Polo Lounge where locals, internationals, celebrities and people who appreciate superb service have continuously gathered for top quality, fresh, inspired food, and carefully engineered libations. The supreme quality of their ingredients and the impeccably trained staff are reflected in the indulgent prices but it is sincerely worth going for a special celebration, reunion, or when you're hungry and need pampering.Special Features:
- disappointingPolomacDined on 7/23/2014The ceasar salad was very good. Unfortunately, everything else was very average. The staff was attentive and friendly, that was good but we waited quite a while for the food to arrive and quite a while for the wine to arrive. I forgot the name of what I ordered but it turned out to be flat breaded and what appeared to be processed chicken on top of mashed potatoes. If I had ordered it at Denny's I would have been satisfied but at the polo lounge? My companions felt much the same - very unexceptional.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Our waiter Todd was excellent in every respect however my wife and I felt the food was very average and would not choose to eat their again. My wife had never been there before and did like the ambiance of the restaurant and the hotel.Special Features:
- 8LUV2EAT8luv2eatDined on 7/21/2014Overall rating is OUTSTANDING (5 stars) . Service from their valet - hostess - waiter - food server are very professional and friendly. HIGHLY recommended to all my friends, families, and to anyone. Food are excellent. Their special salad: Kale Caesar Salad was the highlight of my order. That was the best unique salad I'd ever had because of the fresh anchovies and crunchy... soo delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Service and FoodAustinightDined on 7/16/2014I have to say although very expensive, it was great. Our check for lunch for three was 175. No alcohol.... This was for a Caprese Salad, a Caesar Salad, and steak tar tar. One desert split three ways..Special Features:
- My first experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2014at the Polo Lounge and it was fantastic. The Lobster Salad was to die for. So much lobster and the Martinis were fantastic too! Our service was over the top. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014I have always wanted to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel but fear I cannt afford it. When I visited and had lunch there I was NOT disappointed. Exceptionally friendly staff. Lunch was superb and ambiance perfect. I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Meal in a Lovely SettingMomLovesFoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have dined here several times & are never disappointed. The outdoor patio is just beautiful & we love sitting out there enjoying the weather & the good food. The service is always friendly & attentive. This time we discovered the flavored iced teas and they were the perfect accompaniment to our meal. We had lunch and several of us enjoyed burgers - beef and turkey - but the salads are delectable as well. We've never had anything we didn't like. We always like dining here when in LA and will be back when we can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible atmosphereLea428Dined on 7/9/2014The atmosphere is unsurpassed. It felt like stepping into an old Hollywood movie. Absolute luxury all the way. I had the Wagyu beef. It was so tender I barely needed a knife to cut it. Both food and service were amazing. They waited on us hand and foot. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionParkerDined on 7/6/2014This was my second time to the Polo Lounge and it was incredible. I made a reservation to sit out on the Patio for dinner. The musician playing was perfect. I have been to restaurants where I found the musician to be to loud over a speaker making it hard to make conversation. This one was perfect in every way, I even picked up his card on my way out, I enjoyed his contribution to the ambiance on the patio. The service is always outstanding and sets above the bar to anywhere around. The food presentation is always impressive and the recommendation for the carrot cake was a wonderful choice. I enjoyed it so much I can't wait until I have it again next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Five starJariDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful place Everything was perfect the food, service, the place .Im à ex chef and i have been i this business for 25 years and this plays are real good.Special Features:
- Excellent In Every Way!LDowDined on 6/26/2014Our first experience with the Polo Lounge was the best dining experience we have had to date! This was a birthday celebration and everything was perfect from the moment we walked in to the surprise birthday dessert at the end. The French Martini's and Bloody Mary's were awesome and the Scottish Salmon was excellent in every way! Everyone was attentive and our server Alec was friendly and very accommodating. We will definitely return! ps.... that crumber was way cool! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjohnrDined on 6/23/2014Great food all world class services being the hotel along with areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, but ExpensiveDbrookmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great place to go for something special. Wonderful feel, just expensive....Special Features:
- IconicBevhillfoodieDined on 6/19/2014Friendly service and great staff. Good was delicious and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Lunchfun2dineDined on 6/19/2014Great to a girls lunch, especially if you have out of town guests who want to see a few iconic spots. The service and food were great and the staff makes you feel special. We wanted to tour the pool area and gift shop and everyone was so helpful and nice. I recommend the Polo Lounge for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast in Superb SurroundingsRoyAlScotDined on 6/14/2014This was a chance decision on my part that I am really glad we did. I had heard of the Polo Lounge for years but had not considered it as something high on my to do list. However, having had a superb breakfast in terrific surroundings - maybe I should have done this years ago. Service and food were impeccable and the setting on the terrace was excellent - especially to those who like "People Watching!" The most surprising thing was the cost, I had expected an astronomical bill but it was far lower than I had expected and that, for a Scot, was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Fair with No ValueQCommVIPDined on 6/8/2014I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world. I cannot recommend this place, and certainly not at this price point. A $25 small bib lettuce salad with a few strawberry fragments ? Come on…. A $52 NY steak that was just okay ? Don't waste your time here...
- On the bucket listRestaurantbucketlistDined on 6/6/2014One of the places that was on mom's bucket list, she had always wanted to eat there as she had read about the history of the place and that there were times that you can spot a star or two in the restaurant. The bonus is that the food was really quite good and the staff very warm and friendly not at all snooty as some place can be. She had a wonderful salmon burger that was cooked to perfection with a nice side salad. I had a salad that had farro and quino grains Fabulous.. Must try the triple chocolate dessert. Rich and decadent but ultimately yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be really greatf00dieDined on 6/2/2014But I think in light of recent issues with the hotel management company, they were not on their a game at the polo lounge. The meal was nice, the drinks were nice, but the service was sub par. The waiter dropped drinks on us twice and then didn't offer to comp anything, but rather just rotated the table so we didn't have to sit in wet spots.Special Features:
- Polo Lounge in the GardenmyturntoBuyVIPDined on 6/2/2014The perfect place for a special lunch in the Garden Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel- romantic setting with large shade umbrellas, fresh flowers and crisp table linens. Waiter very attentive, informed about the menu with good recommendations.Still serving my all time favorite- Lobster Salad with touches of citrus! No heavy mayo to be seen anywhere! YUMMY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.