Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
9641 Sunset Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dorchestercollection.com/
- Phone: (310) 887-2777
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7:00am to 1:30am daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kaleo Adams
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch.
A word from Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Polo Lounge has been the favorite breakfast spot and watering hole for generations of stars and Hollywood deal-makers. Guests enjoy indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and late-night suppers. Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch. In the evening guests can come to relax and enjoy one of our many specialty cocktails or one of our old favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)special occasion (60)romantic (51)great for lunch (43)great for brunch (36)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (26)hot spot (23)good for groups (16)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The burger was one of the best ever. The meat was so tender and tasty. The server said they have their own butcher who grinds the meat. It is a treat to dine in the Polo Lounge every time we are in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!DadaVIPDined on 10/31/2014At 73 years old , it still remains a Hollywood classic !!! Everything works perfectly! The service remains a model for all restaurants and the menu choices are all excellent. Probably still the restaurant of choice for watching the power players of Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IconicEdwardLVVIPDined on 10/22/2014It is and always will be the Iconic Polo Lounge. There have been some menu changes, but the food and service remain amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a dissapointmentSonomaLADined on 10/20/2014as always, excellent service and food - we will be back!
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Ambiance, service and fine cuisine, are just a few reasons to keep going back. Whether celebrating or just enjoying friends or family, this is consistently an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was off with serviceecmoralesVIPDined on 10/16/2014I consider the Polo Lounge one of my 'go-to' spots for important occasions and client lunches. Something was off this day, and not clear why. The restaurant was not crowded and lots of servers were on the floor. Once we placed our order we got no attention. I'm sad to share this.Special Features:
- The boycott is over!EndlessOneDined on 10/14/2014Never mind what the Sultan Owner of the Dorchester Collection has to say or do. He will be judged when the time comes. The Beverly Hills Hotel and Polo Lounge is a great place and should be filled with people enjoying themselves. Not to mention the tremendous staff who should be making your day wonderful with their congenial service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5 star experience.KenKalVIPDined on 10/13/2014Every time we are in LA, we come to the Polo Lounge for lunch before our flight back home. The staff, food and ambiance never disappoint.Special Features:
- Beautiful Place !!ram3057Dined on 10/13/2014We had lunch here and everything was very nice. Very attentive staff and great food! We brought a friend, who lives in Lisbon, Portugal and she loved it - especially when they asked her for her ID to confirm she was over 21 !!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014The outdoor patio was beautiful. The food was great. I had the eggs Benedict and it was delicious. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Lunch SpotcajunfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Lunch venues come & go in the Famous city of Beverly Hills. But, the Polo Lounge will always be a standard by which all others are measured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic lunchWorldwide1900Dined on 10/8/2014Very good service without time pressure. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classicbgnsoVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Polo Lounge is an LA classic. Stylish, great service, excellent food! Just what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 10/4/2014A beautiful setting in the garden with soft music--lovely and delicious food and great service. A little gemSpecial Features:
- Brilliant BreakfastLittle1daDined on 10/4/2014Great place to enjoy a fine breakfast, quiet, discrete, with good ambience and service, just the right place to bring associates for relaxed and informal business chats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was truly amazing,BeautoxologyDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter Riaz was awesome... The manager Pepe did everything to make our evening one to remember. Truly amazing hotel and service very personal and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadDiamerdenDined on 9/30/2014My English cousin was desperate to see it. It is a wonderful setting full of Hollywood History. So sad tro see it so empty because oft his boycott, Maybe the Sultan of Brunei should sell it to give it back its life.Special Features:
- Service as bland as the Bloody MaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2014Huevos rancheros was good and fresh but our waiter was either new and not confident or worse, apathetic. Beautiful setting though. And yes, Bloody Mary disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for sub par foodSpecialoccasionsDined on 9/27/2014Hotel is iconic. Polo lounge outdoor seating is beautiful with lights, thick green foliage and purple wisteria. Live guitar music by talented singer. Service was good. Food was average.Special Features:
- Rebecca of OceansideRebecca22Dined on 9/26/2014What an outstanding experience. We loved every moment of it. Thank you Beverly Hill Hotel and Polo Lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilippeVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything was good, but on the expensive side. I do not think it is worth it compared to Spago.
- Reliable, solid, deliciousvalleyfoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Some people may be boycotting the hotel for political reasons, but the Polo Lounge remains a great place for lunch. Excellent service. Excellent food. Lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but lacked great serviceFoodkickDined on 9/20/2014The food was good as expensive as you would expect. However the servers we had we hardly qualified. We had two main servers who did not know what was going on. They lacked the manners and customer service you would expect from a place like this. They made us feel like we inconvienced them by being there. The food was good the vibe and presentation was nice and inviting. Good one time experience but really need better quality in the service.Special Features:
- Great ambianceBisouDined on 9/20/2014This place is awesome, so classy and very Hollywood! I was here for dinner on a Saturday night and was seated at a beautiful corner booth table. They provide excellent service! However the food was ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piece of Hollywood historyTheSummitDined on 9/17/2014Great place for lunch or dinner, staff makes you feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiguelDined on 9/16/2014Ir was nice, unfortunately there was a lunch with about 15 noisy ladies and were a little uncomfortable. Besides we paid the bar bill and they charge it again in the lunch, I didn't notice until later. This was not very nice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Lovely but....KittyDogGirlDined on 9/14/2014Just make sure if you're sitting inside and don't want it to be too loud, ask to be seated away from the entertainer. We were in the main room overlooking the outdoor dining and when we sat down he was on break but once he started playing it was entirely too loud and put a real damper on the evening, but by then we were mid-meal and it was too much to move. Had we known we would have most certainly sat elsewhere. Aside from that 5 stars all the way, a truly exceptional experience!!!Special Features:
- Polo Lounge reviewBonVivantDined on 9/11/2014A visit to the Polo Lounge will have an element of a pilgrimage to a historic and iconic Hollywood venue. The seasoned staff reminds us that the BH Hotel was already there before the City of BH was established. Therefore expect 5 star elegance albeit from a distant era. Service: 5 stars, impeccable with staff eager to assist, so rare these days - rest assured, you are paying for it. Ambiance outdoors was relaxing. Amenities include silver plated cutlery, pressed linen and an elegant presentation. Food quality is only up to 4 stars as the kitchen appears to be focused on satisfying older clientele, the old rich, as they say, with familiar edibles. All in all, the experience was superlative. Cost of lunch with wine, 15 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treatSBCaliDined on 9/5/2014This hotel has always been a stop for special occassions. It's history, ambiance, food, and service are always spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedVeggiebluffDined on 8/30/2014The patio is beautiful but we had to listen to a child bouncing a basketball outside one of the villas behind our table For the first half of our dinner! That was not what we expected in a fine dining Establishment with such an expensive menu. It was nice that they had a special vegan menu however the portions were very very small... Appetizer size for a $23 entrée! Our server was nice but she never checked on us once during our meal. Now we can say we been there but of all the dining we've experienced in Hollywood and Beverly Hills this was the most disappointing.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our mothers 80th birthday and it couldn't have been better. The ambience , food, service and special care was the high point of the weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpentableDined on 8/25/2014The only complaint we had was the steak was not done according to how ordered and was barely warm. Otherwise, the hotel, ambiance, wait service, hospitality were excellent. We went for my birthday and they were so sweet, they brought out a blueberry soufflé on a decorated plate. We would definitely go back. We might even stay at the gorgeous hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite "couples" restaurantAngelicaBDined on 8/24/2014Although I have come here many a time with a group for brunch or dinner; It's a unique spot for a couples brunch or dinner. The patio is very hidden, lush & romantic. You really feel like you are on a European veranda. The tables are spaced nicely to where you aren't too close to other people & the ambiance is very quaint & cottage-like. An impressive "date night".Special Features:
- A little expen$ivenonicknameDined on 8/23/2014We had lunch on the patio and it was a wonderful and relaxing place. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and attentive. However, the dress of many of the customers was fairly casual, about 25% were in t-shrts and bermuda shorts. They looked fine, but not what I expected. One or two others were unacceptably casual but they let them in anyway. I was there years ago and it seemed more "glamorous" then. Maybe I was just younger then!Special Features:
- Relaxing ambianceOutstandingVIPDined on 8/16/2014It has always been a delight dining with friends at the PL as the atmosphere lends itself to good conversation and highly attentive service. On the other hand, I have never experienced a memorable dining experience here where, in fact, our entrees have typically been ordinary. I do admit, however, that the crab cake appetizer and souffles were excellent as well as my friend’s filet mignon. Finally, we were struck by the lack of patrons the evening we dined which had not been our previous observation.Special Features:
- An enchanting evening !MadameDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner at the Polo Lounge was truly exceptional. The food and the service were superb. We had the iceberg wedge salad, the Ceasar salad, the tortellini and the scallops. All were perfectly done - the sauce for the tortellini was heavenly and the scallops were the best my husband ever had. As for the service, it was attentive, professional yet friendly and warm. And, of course, knowing that you are in an iconic, mythical place makes it that much more special...Special Features:
- Dinner reservationAussietouristDined on 8/5/2014Three of us were visiting from Melbourne, Australia. This restaurant was magnificent. The food was amazing, particularly their signature dessert dish - chocolate souffle. The service was impeccable and the ambiance was outstanding. Beautiful restaurant to treat yourself or go to for a special occasion on your tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special TreatUktravellerDined on 8/5/2014Myself, wife and daughter had lunch here during our recent trip to LA. The food, service and ambience of this place is a superb and we had a wonderful afternoon.Special Features:
- Very nice place!CessiDined on 8/1/2014Friendly staff and outstanding outdoor eating area. Luxury feeling. Good food, too! Had a very nice lunch there with kids of 12,15 and 18.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 766 reviews are from the Polo Lounge @ The Beverly Hills Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful as alwaysTerriwith2arfsVIPDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant never disappoints! We always have a wonderful meal, great service & terrific ambience! I always have the McCarthy Salad which is a finely chopped, similar to cobb salad, with delicious balsamic vinaigrette. Husband had the Lobster Salad which was fresh and wonderful. We were also checking in to the hotel, which was done while we ate. I highly recommend all of their restaurants!Special Features: