Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch
10670 Boardwalk Loop
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pologrillandbar.com/
- Phone: 9417820899x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Sunday Closed for Lunch; Dinner Sunday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30 - 10:00
Bar Hours: Monday-Thursday and 4:30-9:00 Friday 4:30-12:00, Saturday 4:30-11:00, Sunday 5:30-9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephane Pierre, CMC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fête: noun
1. A festival or feast.
2. An elaborate entertainment.
3. An amazing party.
A fabulous new addition to the Polo Grill recipe for success is Fête boutique catering— Polo Grill's exclusive catering service, under the able direction of Jaymie Klauber. Let Fête show you how to be a guest at your own party with a menu that will have everyone buzzing. With 30 years in the restaurant and catering business, Tommy has the experience and the know-how to fulfill your culinary desires with originality and flair
- Private Party Facilities: Sarasota and Manatee Counties' newest and most talked about Ballroom and Banquet facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Keri Tryba 9417820899x232
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment: Special Events on Website
A word from Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch
A new breed of American eatery, Polo Grill and Bar pairs imaginative food and wine with caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value. Serving American cuisine with a global soul, Polo Grill is often referred to as "the living room of Lakewood Ranch" by locals. Created by renowned restaurateurs Tommy and Jaymie Klauber, Polo Grill and Bar is designed to be unique, offering a rich ambiance, superb food and outstanding personal service. Polo Grill takes great pride in the quality of food it delivers, serving only the freshest seafood and the highest quality of meats and produce. Polo Grill’s commitment to sourcing local sustainable and organic foods is unsurpassed in the area, and everything served, from sauces, soups & dressings through the delectable desserts, are fresh and housemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch - Best Restaurants in Lakewood Ranch ›
Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We had a special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Family members from Ohio and Pennsylvania visited. We had a party of 13. We enjoyed a mid-sized private room that was very comfortable. It was a Saturday Prime Rib special night and 6 of us enjoyed that. When we have a large gathering like this, Polo Grill is one of the first places we offer people.Special Features:
- Worth the Ride/ Lakewood Ranch GemCLIFFSIDEVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food is always consistent and service is excellent. Whether it you want a burger, salad or steak or fish all is excellent. They never miss a step and will accommodate for special requests for allergies or diet. One comment need more selection of desserts a favorite missing is KeyLime PieSpecial Features:
- later night dinnigOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014While the food was very good, there was a band in the bar section which was extremely loud, it ruined a very nice evening.Special Features:
- gigiDined on 9/18/2014Food was fine, however, the waiters were abundant (not a busy evening) and spent too much time checking on us, one after another. One sprinkled water over my lap as he filled the glass and they couldn't figure out who ordered what. Your location and reputation demand better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryDined on 9/13/2014Went for special promotion and exactly as advertised, would return.Special Features:
- Good food, not so good serviceLocalResidentDined on 9/8/2014The main course was wonderful but the waiter was not up to Polo Grill standards. Found it odd that bread was not offered to the table. Was a Monday evening and very quiet.... even more reason that at $50 per person (including one drink each) we'd expect better service and amenities.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EGOmanDined on 9/6/2014Our group was pleased, our server Nancy was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great MealMyakka58Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal at the Polo Grill. I had the lobster special and he had the full rack of lamb. My husband said it was the best lamb he had ever had and they were nice size. The lobster and sides were perfect. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your PG experienceDineoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014The sister restaurant serves some of the same menus items but somehow does a superior job. Still a good restaurant for the area if you can't make it to long boat key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster NightharpoDined on 8/30/2014We came for the lobster special and we were not disappointed. Great value for the price! Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster night specialSandyDined on 8/30/2014Lobsters were good, but way way way too full of water...should have been steamed not boiled!! also makes the meal a bit tough!! Potatoes were tiny pieces cut up swimming in the lobster water on the plate..corn was 1/2 cob, but sweet.Special Features:
- foodie2shoesDined on 8/21/2014Excellent dining experience for all four of us. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was attentive. Look forward to going back and trying our other selections on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time was a charmLWRLisaDined on 8/16/2014Bill and I frequent the Polo Grill and always have a first class experience. We enjoyed all three of the Lobster Nights and are looking forward to the next Bar-B-Que theme. It's a great place fit for foodies looking for a fun vibrant place with excellent food and service! Tommy and Jamie are the best and Polo Grill is the nicest restaurant in Lakewood Ranch.Special Features:
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Service was a little slow at the start, due to a large group being seated. After a bit of a wait, everything was delightful. The food was excellent, the service returned to normal. A great experience. It is a great find in our neighborhood and we will be coming back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale AND Gluten Free - NO WAY!AcufoodieDined on 8/9/2014The menu is simple yet refined, fresh and healthy. They use mostly local organic ingredients and everything is just delicious. I would recommend this great place for both casual dining and special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryDined on 8/2/2014My order of Lobster was very good at a good price. Although I had spoken to Mark the GM by phone when making the reservation and had discussed my wife's vegetarian needs, our waiter was unaware of her needs and not very helpful. In the end her dish was mediocre at best. This is unfortunate since I would have liked to add Polo Grill to my list of favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Every thing was great only it took way to much time at the end. The waiter spent to much time talking at other tableSpecial Features:
- Fit for foodies!LWRLisaDined on 8/2/2014Dining at the Polo Grill in Lakewood Ranch is always a delightful experience. The menu is progressive, the wine list is great, and the ambience is always perfect. The service is great and the staff is very friendly and make you feel like you are their one and only guest. Their sea bass is my favorite. If that is not your taste, fear not because any item that I have tried on the menu is delish!Special Features:
- Quality & quantity don't = priceDiningStarDined on 7/26/2014Very disappointing experience for our party of 4. The lasagna was soupy and tasted like it had freezer burn. I got I'll 30 minutes after consuming my shrimp scampi. Steaks were good, but very small. Won't return. Dinner prices were $18 to $27. Definitely not worth it.
- Lakewood Ranch residentpommiesmommieDined on 7/8/2014food was very good but at 10 minutes before closing we were told that so we left but there was another table still there eating. Our party of 4 didn't appreciate this especially after spending $300 plus so we won't be back. We dined inside and would have come back to try outside but not now.Special Features:
- New menuFrequentdinerDined on 7/6/2014Excellent new menu but still disappointingly quiet and lacks atmosphere making it too quiet for a couple alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 617 reviews are from the Polo Grill - Lakewood Ranch reviews archive.
- Excellence Every TimeckurzVIPDined on 6/25/2014The title says everything. I frequent the Polo Grill personally as well as for business events and the experience is always thoroughly enjoyable. I appreciate all of your efforts in making every meal and event amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceRegularDined on 6/21/2014Lover or dinner thank you Polo Grill we will be back!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerlocalresidentDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary dinner this year. We usually choose one of the high-end restaurants downtown, but decided on this local one. We were not disappointed. We started at the bar and enjoyed half-price happy hour cocktails with the friendly, energetic bartenders and other folks at the bar. It was busy and lively. We then retreated to the quieter dining area where we shared a delicious Angus steak appetizer followed by raw kale salads and scrumptious Chilean sea bass entrees. For desert we shared the upside down apple pie. The food was well-prepared and delicious. The service was casual and friendly. This is in our neighborhood and we usually pass it up. We'll be back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Polo Grill.SAMVMMMDined on 6/15/2014We love the Polo Grill. We have been coming here since it opened. The food is always exceptional and the service is good.Special Features:
- Father's DaynomnomnomDined on 6/15/2014Are you kidding me? A 2lb Lobster dinner with clams, mussels, boiled red potatoes, corn on the cob, a salad and desert for $32.50. What a delicious deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Polo GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I dined at the Grill for the first time ever & was with a friend who has dined there many times. We specifically went because it was Restaurant Week, & then were informed that it was only for dinner, not lunch. My food was delicious (I had New England Clam Chowder & the grilled vegetable Panini) but my friend's lunch was poor (she had the chowder, which was great, but her salmon entrée was terrible). The service was not good, as the utensils were removed after our chowder, as though we were finished dining, & the rest of the service was very SLOW. My friend complained to the catering manager & had her bill reduced by half. All in all, a disappointing experience.
- redecoratedladytodineDined on 6/7/2014The new remodel is very nice. Cozy and contemporary. What's not to like about equestrian decor. I was with a group of 6 and no one was wowed about their dinner. One person had her steak over cooked. I had the egg rolls which were good and lettuce wraps which were not so great. My husband had salmon and it was also over cooked. On the brighter side, I was there with a large group for lunch and we were very pleased.Special Features:
- ADandSDined on 6/5/2014We went to Polo Grill to try its Savon Sarasota offering. We went at 7:30 on a Thursday and the place was not full at all. The service was excellent and each plate was delicious. It is the first time we came back to Polo Grill in 5 years after a bad service experience. All OK Now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For your informationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Menu limited wait staff friendly but lacked experience. Pepper mill asked for twice. No milk served with coffee. Food was not served hot ,warm
- lessismore$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Beautiful establishment, amazing bar area and wine room. Our appetizer and main course tasted good but the shrimp cocktail is over priced for four small shrimp, should be colossal size. Be sure to have your waiters let customers know that the added ice cream on the lava cake is an additional $3.00, again over priced. The kitchen was out of three main courses and our first choice appetizer.Special Features:
- SURPRISE!!!PrivateDinerDined on 5/11/2014Having been here for Mothers' Day brunch before, expected the same thing. It was a surprise how good the food was and how fresh it was even though on a buffet. Something for everyone, well prepared, well presented, and staff was extremely helpful.Special Features:
- DisappointinglululucciDined on 5/11/2014The food was mediocre. I was surprised when the first course of the buffet, raw oysters and delicious smoked salmon, did not offer any utensils with which to serve. I mentioned this to two employees who were in the area with no results. Another guest asked and there were finally tongs to serve the salmon. Still no utensils for the accompaniments for the oysters were available. No flower for the mothers which is offered at other restaurants and no complimentary mimosas. We were prepared to have more than one. We also objected to the assigned gratuity of 20% which is usually only done for large groups. We would rather have had the opportunity to decide for ourselves the appropriate gratuity. Superior service is gladly compensated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2014thescrutinairedotcomDined on 5/10/2014We ate here for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day! The special of Veal chop was divine. The other two plates were well put together and showed well. The taste was lacking a little seasoning but overall well done. We would have liked our waitress to have checked on us more often especially since there was not a lot of other seated tables in the dining room.Special Features:
- Our ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Overall we had an excellent experience. The level of noise from the bar was so loud that we had trouble hearing each other at the table. However, at our request, they closed the door between the bar and the restaurant and all was well from that point on. Our server, David, did a fine job; there when we needed him but not overly attentive. The food was exceptionally good!!! Raves for the grouper, salmon and pasta dishes!!! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!LoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 4/28/2014This restaurant specializes in great service and great food that is healthy and absolutely delicious. From grass fed meat to smooth wines. I went two nights in a row. I wish I lived here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Great Easter Sunday brunch, service and food great.Special Features:
- Food ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014There was not as good a variety as previous years and my group felt the food was not as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We look forward to "special days" brunch. Food is scrumptious and service is superb. We seem to celebrate all our special events with the Polo Restaurant.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch with the masses.PeterRabbitDined on 4/20/2014Don't usually do brunches and almost go out to dinner on Easter. Polo Grill did a stellar job of taking care of everyone and handling an exceptionally large crowd with some wonderful food covering many varieties that had to satisfy everybody's desires. I wanted to sample most everything and ended up not eating for the rest of the day and the following day!Special Features: