2855 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pgvero.com/
- Phone: 7722314090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Luna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Polo Grill
The Polo Grill has become one of the most popular restaurants in Vero Beach, Fl The concept was to offer very fresh American Cuisine with an upscale bistro style decor. The whole restaurant is very "clubby" with real leather chairs, over sized booths and wainscoating throughout. The dining experience is very relaxed, upbeat and fun. The prices are more than fair and represent a consistent value for all. Early diners can take part in our "Dinner at Five" menu that offers 7 selections for $16.95 and 4 Selections for $21.95! All entrees include a Caesar Salad or Blue Wedge and an ice cream "shooter" for dessert. Early Bird times are 5:00 & 5:15 PM only. Regular dinner menu selections range from $19.95 to $39.95. Reservations are suggested, but walk-ins are welcome! When looking for restaurants in Vero Beach, the Polo Grill is sure to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Polo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (9)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great DiningAlanBDined on 7/11/2014Food and service were excellent. Great price and value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicewillbebackDined on 7/11/2014We've eaten excellent meals around the world, but Corey's (sp?) service really was perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodDCSVBDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten at this restaurant on many occasions. The food and service are consistently excellent. The atmosphere is friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOREGOODDined on 6/27/2014This is one of Vero's BEST restaurants, very good food, attentive wait staff, accommodating manager, have enjoyed every visit. This is one place not to miss. Get the VIP card and you will smile even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable dinnerVerodanDined on 6/21/2014Had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The food and service consistently hit the target. One of our favorite spots in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Familiar and always dependable - great food - portions are just right. Some to take home.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrated by Boston GalsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We enjoyed this popular restaurant for many reasons, namely, great food, good seating and ability to hear one another talking without loud outside noise/music. Staff is outstanding and genuine attention given to every patron.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 6/4/2014Once arriving, you are welcomed as a friend. The staff is courteous, professional and knowledgeable. There is quite an array of entrees. The atmosphere is most comfortable with its decor and furnishings. Briefly said, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 140 reviews are from the Polo Grill reviews archive.
- Extrememly great service and pricesPGVeroBeachDined on 5/30/2014Food , Service and Prices excellent for early Bird...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Vero RestaurantMikeSDined on 5/24/2014Being from Vero - this is one of Vero's jewels!!! Food, service and atmosphere is always outstanding - Polo Chicken is my favorite!Special Features:
- Alway consistentlivetoeatDined on 5/23/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Their Pompano is the best I've had. Martinis are great too. Service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Usually GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014We love the place and visit often. Maybe this was just an off night, but not it's usual impressive self.Special Features:
- TrentDined on 5/20/2014Service was great, food was excellent.....the fish fresh and superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacegeoffDined on 5/16/2014Think a deeply relaxed ambience. Think understated elegance. Think great food. Go!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2014Overall, we were disappointed. Our appetizers and salads were good but the main courses were just OK - certainly not worth the nearly $40 per meal. The pompano special was tasteless and poorly cooked.
- Grand Finale!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014W had a wonderful week in Vero Beach and I wanted my guests to enjoy our last night out there. Service and food were predictably excellent and we all left satisfied and anxious to return.Special Features:
- One of Vero's bestLovingRPoloDined on 5/2/2014We are fortunate to have the Polo Grill in Vero Beach. It is definitely comparable to the other upscale establishments in the area, and an eatery where there is a combination of well prepared food, elegant ambiance, and courteous service. It is always a pleasure to eat at Polo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top rateRadsDined on 4/30/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door until our exit, everything was professional, efficient, friendly, and delectable. Attention was paid to every detail of our meal and dining experience, and the freshness and flavors on the creative menu were a culinary delight. The ambience is elegant without being intimidating. This was our first visit although it won't be the last. Highly recommend this very special restaurant; definitely our most pleasant dining experience in Vero Beach.Special Features:
- Polo Grill Late NightVerodinerDined on 4/25/2014Arrived at 8:00 PM, still a full house, but by time we'd finished most guests were gone. As usual, the food and service were great. A very nice night out.Special Features:
- POLO GrillLouiseDined on 4/22/2014Great experience. Quick service when we arrived. Free desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014Phil was great, as always. Everyone exclaimed over the food. Great evening!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining in Vero BeachJoeDDined on 4/21/2014After dining twice at Polo Grill recently, it has moved to one of the top few places on our list of favorite places to dine in Vero Beach. Both the food and the service were just excellent both times. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an great meal.Special Features:
- excellemtKevinDined on 4/18/2014It was excellent and when we got there the owner who is promoting there discount card handed us one without us even asking and said we could even use that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but .....ConnieDined on 4/17/2014We dine here often but we suggest you stick with their comfort foods; meat loaf, short ribs, liver etc. We ordered the "special" fresh grouper which was very overcooked. Tough and chewy. Great pro service and love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauranteatingcriticDined on 4/16/2014Everything was good, from food to service! Food comes on hot plates to keep food hot. Service was excellent as was food. Waiter was very attentive, but not to point where he was hovering. He was very knowledgable about the food. Great restaurant with suburb food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2014We always enjoy dinner at the Polo Grill. The food is very good, and the value is excellent.Friendly environment. The Polo chicken is delicious!!Special Features:
- great 'polo themed' pubby restrantsharkmanDined on 4/13/2014We had pompano, a special that night, and veal piccata. Both were very well prepared and high quality. This is not quite 'foodie fare' but ntl it is very good for what it is. The servers were great and for this town that itself is an upgrade. Patio seating is available in a nicely tucked away spot all of this nestled in a lovely building in the heart of the "island'. Complimentary Hagen daz for dessert and a french press coffee done table side with 2 drinks plus tip was just above $100. You will be full when you leave however so it is not over priced. This is just a great place to unwind or even for a special night out as it is all about service and consistancy. For wine lovers they offer dinners for 2 with bottle from selected wines.Special Features:
- BEST OF VERONANZDined on 4/12/2014THE BEST RESTAURANT IN VERO BEACH. ALWAYS CONSISTENT AND ENJOYABLE WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE.Special Features:
- A Polo WelcomeGregDined on 4/12/2014Right from the welcome by John the owner to the delicious entrees, the Polo Grill hits the spot. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Vero Beach and I highly recommend it. We typically dine there 3-4 times a winter season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasure as always….OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014We are frequent flyers at the Polo Grill and have never been disappointed. THe early bird specials are great and the wine packages are perfect if wine is your thing. We all had steaks this night which were grilled to perfection. The waitstaff is always accommodating and the complimentary ice cream at the end of the meal is a unexpected bonus.Special Features:
- so soMooseVIPDined on 4/8/2014this feels like a club dining room. lots of grey (or no) hairs dressed a bit less casually than elsewhere in vero, dark wood-paneled walls, and unexceptional food. the salads were ok. and my scallops weren't too bad (not quite enough of a sear ... the kitchen needs a hotter pan) but they were served on insipid, soupy rice. but the major flaw was my wife's (daily special) pompano because it was over cooked. adding insult to injury, it was served on an extremely hot plate. this prolonged the cooking process, causing the fish to become a mealy mess before long. so if you go here, and if you order fish, request that it be very rare. service was good, noise level not an issue and a small portion of ice cream dessert is included with the entree.
- Never Disappointedmak624Dined on 4/7/2014One of my favorite Restaurants in town. Brought friends there last night and they truly enjoyed their meal. Love the old world atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner spotBARCDined on 4/2/2014Great food & service. Warm welcome by owner, who directs you to a table you will enjoy. Coziness of booths too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/2/2014We have been to this restaurant a number of times this year and have never been disappointed. The other evening my husband and I both had the mahi mahi special and it was just delicious. And the service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience atanniemDined on 3/29/2014Always a good experience at the Polo Grill. This time we had the onion-encrusted grouper, a special for the evening. It was so fresh and fantastic. We had our choices of salads, caesar or wedge - both were just the right size and delicious. Although rice came with the fish, we were allowed to substitute the potato au gratin (I can never resist an au gratin anything!), and the vegetables were crisp and cooked perfectly. Loved the mini gelato at the meal's end (we chose java chip) and the mini York's peppermint patty - such a nice touch! Very nice dinner in comfortable booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always look forward toJohnDined on 3/29/2014We always look forward to dining here because of the friendly waiters, fine food and pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super dining as usual ! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Super dining as usual ! Great food,waitstaff, atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great early bird foodChrisDined on 3/23/2014I'm not old enough to be a big early bird special fan, but my parents are. I've been to the Polo Grill with them for many pleasant times. This weekend my brother and his kids came too, so we were a party of eight. Service was great, the food was excellent and we had a great family time. And the bottom line: it was very affordable.Special Features:
- Early diningSammyDined on 3/23/2014Our waiter Corey was extremely pleasant and accommodating (we have been there on another occasion when the waiter was pompous and rude). We had a special of chicken with bre cheese and lingonberry sauce, veal Marsala, and crab cakes...all served with sautéed carrots and a potato scallop with cheese (delicious). They came with small salad and Little serving of ice cream, 3 choices, all delicious. The portion of carrots and potatoes was very small, enough for myself but not my companions.... Would definitely recommend to others, but don't come with huge appetite and the wine was good but the pour was skimpy (like most fine dining Dining in Vero, though only house not fine wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird Seafood Delight!LoveMstChefdineDined on 3/23/2014We really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and the Salmon Tarragon was SUPERB! Cooked to perfection, moist and with a delightful crust on the exterior. My spouse had their short rib plate while the meat was flavorful it was fatty. Hence. I rated it accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.