2038 Utica Square
Tulsa, OK 74114Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pologrill.com/
- Phone: 9187444280x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am- 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Donaldson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our 5 Private Dining rooms are perfect for any type of special occasion, whether you are looking for a romantic private dinner for 2 or to host the annual shareholders meeting for 60 people, we have rooms of all sizes that can help you make your event special.
- Private Party Contact: Morgan Dye 9187444280x
A word from Polo Grill
Located in Utica Square, Tulsa"s premiere shopping district, Polo Grill is tucked in a cozy corner waiting to exceed your expectations. For 3 decades Chef/Owner Robert Merrifield has lead the Oklahoma fine dining scene with his innovative menus and top notch customer oriented service. The award winning wine list is a wine lovers dream, offering more than 1,200 selections for you to explore and enhance the dining experience. Seasonal Seafood and USDA Prime Steaks, are some of Executive Chef Justin Donaldson most sought after dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Polo Grill - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Polo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (17)good for groups (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went to Polo Grill for our anniversary and it was the perfect pick. The food and drinks are wonderful and the atmosphere is cozy, intimate, and romantic. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Everyone I know in Tulsa said go to Polo Grill. They were right. First cabin all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent food and wine. Quiet enough for conversation with my sister and a friend!Special Features:
- Review for Gordon Martin luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014As always, the Polo Grill was great. The food, service, atmosphere, etc., were great. This a great place for a business lunch, meeting, and for either a business or personal dinner.Special Features:
- Mike SiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Polo Grill was outstanding as always. Celebrating anniversary with wife and three daughters. Food, Service and ambiance is second to noneSpecial Features:
- 20th Wedding Anniversary DinnerOver20yearsafanDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary at the Polo Grill. We have celebrated several anniversary's there since the Polo Grill is where we went to dinner on our wedding night 20 years ago. The Polo Grill was a favorite place of ours while we were dating, we so enjoy going there for drinks and/or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tops!!CultureCzarVIPDined on 9/9/2014Polo Grill is always a perfect choice for delicious food, fantastic service, and an opportunity to have conversations without everyone listening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodchap621Dined on 9/8/2014Polo is always good. They crowd the tables a little, making for noise and traffic. The upper end of by the glass wines are overpriced, and affordable wines are not very good. My gazpacho was excellent, and the shriimp grilled exactly right, with fresh salad and fruit. Polo is consistently a fine restaurantSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceDutchmanDined on 9/6/2014To celebrate September birthdays for my wife, daughter and son-in-law, I took the family to Polo Grill. The experience was wonderful. We were seated promptly and treated to a delicious meal. The waiter was attentive, always there when we needed him and out or the way when we didn't. The two fish dishes, the steak and the pasta were all declared delicious. Polo Grill will be on my list for special occasions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa polo grillHall3366VIPDined on 9/5/2014The steak had too much fat. The service was excellent (Jeff). The ambiance was not good.
- Fantastic restaurantSullistarDined on 9/2/2014The exterior is subdued and classy. Walking in, and taking a left, we were greeted by our attentive and wonderful server. The food exceeded expectations; flavor, esthetics, and quality. Since we informed the team at Polo Grill ahead of time that this was a special occasion, we were served a complementary dessert. Wonderful time, amazing staff, and class to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently excellentJohnVIPDined on 9/2/2014I haven't been to the Polo Grill for a while, due, primarily to trying to eat at home more. Polo is consistently the finest restaurant in Tulsa for well prepared entrees and a wide variety, but not overwhelming, choices. I believe it is considered by many polls in Tulsa, and certainly among my friends as the most intimate, highest quality restaurant in Tulsa- which has some very good dining choices in recent years. The service is exceptional with a capital "E" and whisper quiet as plates are removed and replaced.Special Features:
- Service is amazingOkvikingDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner Saturday. Excellent dishes, exquisite desserts and outstanding service. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DelightOKCCoupleDined on 8/29/2014We enjoy coming to the Polo Grill as often as we travel to Tulsa. We live in Oklahoma City. The food is uniformly good and the waitstaff is very attentive and courteous without being overbearing. It is pricey but that is OK for us once in a while.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchKOKelleyDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed brunch in the bar area. Service was pleasant and timely. Our food was delicious - I had the steak and eggs benedict and my sister had an egg white omelet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We felt our dining experience at the Polo Grill was outstanding, and was only equaled by our table service. Our every need was anticipated , every question answered to our satisfaction. This was our first trip to the Polo Grill, and "Stacie" made it most enjoyableSpecial Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have good experiences here. The food was good, service was good. Overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the best in the worldDoctorPDined on 8/16/2014I've traveled everywhere. Polo Grill is the best. Period.Special Features:
- GreatCaptainbobDined on 8/8/2014Great meal great service and great evening. We had a wonderful overall experience the entire staff worked together to create a magical night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMousieDined on 7/23/2014Polo Grill is fine dining at its best where we are accepted either in capris or suits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryMarkDined on 7/19/2014The experience was amazing, the staff at the Polo Grill were outstanding and they made it a special event for me and my wife. The food was very delicious and atmosphere was perfect, will do this again when I am back in townSpecial Features:
- Food, fun, fellowship at PololuvlocaldineDined on 7/17/2014Great local establishment, wonderful atmosphere, good service and great food. Really appreciate the Polo Grill supporting a local non profit and great organization with percent of proceeds to The Nature Conservancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polo Burgerburgerlover41Dined on 7/12/2014Whenever I want a good piece of meat, I go to Polo Grill and get their tenderloin burger. Best tasting burger ever. You would not normally order a cheeseburger Medium Rare, but since this is ground up filet, you can get away with it. The apple smoked bacon is a nice finish. What can I say about the lobster bisque appetizer but it is a bowl of heaven. I could have it twice a day and never get tired of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowJayredDined on 7/5/2014The food was amazing, the service was outstanding everything came exactly when it should and not a minute more, the ambience was great, probably the greatest restaurant I've ate at, if there was anything to complain about it would be the wobbly table which is a little irritating but nothing majorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014I don't mind higher prices when the food is delicious. I rarely order salmon, but the waiter inisisted it's the best dish of the night, and he was right. Great preparation. Caprese salad as starter was fantastic too for sharing. First saw this restaurant in airline magazines and knew I'd have to try it when I finally got to Tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysGlobalman2077Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have never had a bad experience at Polo Grill! The service and meal was excellent! One of our favorite restaurants in Tulsa!Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent food and service. It was a little expensive but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Another home run!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Lunch, brunch, or dinner you cannot go wrong. Service professional and knowledgable. Same whether for special occasion or a casual glass of wine and cheese plate. A good wine list that matches well with the food and occasion.Special Features:
- A Tulsa Must for fine dining!SDMtulsaDined on 6/13/2014Polo Grill is and has been the best over the years. The staff and food are amazing. Best upscale dinning in Tulsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at bestDelightedpatronsVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been dining at this restaurant since it opened. Restaurant was not even crowded, yet WORST service I have ever ever experienced. It took 10 minutes for our drinks to arrive, explanation was that bartender did not know how to make a "chilton" (vodka, sparking water, fresh lemon juice & salted rim) our waiter then kept pushing appetizers to the table & they arrived at same time as salads. Salmon entree was farm raised salmon & tasteless, swimming in soupy mush. Other diners at table had better experience. I will not return.
- Best in the CountryJohnVIPDined on 6/4/2014I have dined at many, many notable, restaurants specializing in steak in this country. There are a lot of good ones. There are none better than Tulsa's Polo Grill. None. The service is over the top! The food is exquisite. She staff is so very courteous as to be the envy of all others. It was our wedding anniversary and when Diane asked for a recipe, I thought she was nuts for asking but pretty soon Omar appeared and presented it, hand written! We had a decision to make on where to go for our anniversary dinner and again this year, we made a good one. We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant and go often.Over20yearsafanDined on 5/31/2014Great food, wine list, impeccable service and overall a very nice restaurant. We've been eating here for over 20 years. My husband and I ate dinner here on our wedding night and our son took his prom date here for dinner this year. They were in a group of seven high school seniors and juniors where the restaurant gave them a private dining room and had a special 'Prom Menu' that was very affordable for all. Most of the kids had never been there for dinner and most of them say the Polo Grill is on their list of places to take a date for a special occasion. Great place for two or more in your party. Private dining rooms are available for larger groups. It is a restaurant where you can talk without loud music and televisions everywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in TulsaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Excellent personalize service, great food, perfect ambience for any dinner occasionSpecial Features:
- Amazing!TulsaFoodLoversDined on 5/28/2014We went to Polo Grill for our anniversary, and it will definitely be where we celebrate our future anniversaries. We started out with a bottle of wine and cheese tray. Be careful not to fill up on the cheese tray. Following that, the strawberry spinach salad was tender and delicious. We shared the 14oz New York Strip for dinner. Steaks at Polo Grill are always exquisite! We finished it off with the fudge and vanilla bean ice cream desert. Caution: Polo Grill is quite expensive (but worth every penney). Can't wait to go back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Polo Grill reviews archive.
- BradDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant has a nice relaxed ambience. The food was a let down. Colorado lamb was tough and the glass of wine ordered had a lot of sediment.
- PoloKurtSDined on 5/21/2014Excellent food, best wine list in the city, excellent service, highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service as usual at PoloGasfndr1Dined on 5/19/2014Michael has done a great job making sure everything is perfect for all of the patrons at Polo Grill. It is my go to place when I need a great meal and I just want to get away with my wife. Karen was our waiter this evening and did a great job of waiting on us and describing the menu items and specials.Special Features:
- Very ClassyHyeomDined on 5/16/2014Made a reservation for a very special date. Requested to be seated at a booth. Showed up for the reservation and the request was accommodated without needing to ask. Very nice romantic atmosphere and the food and service was just right and amazing. This is a very classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014You can have a great atmosphere and a great service staff, but if the food doesn't taste good (and I'm paying $40 a plate), then I won't be back. I had the tenderloin at the waitress' suggestion and was severely disappointed. It was tough and flavorless. My wife had the stuffed chicken and, I can't quite explain why, but, it actually tasted bad. How do you make chicken taste bad? It was not tender and had a strange texture and bland flavor. I'd suggest going to Redrock Canyon Grill even though the atmosphere isn't as quiet and romantic. You'll spend less for more and better food.
- DelicioussmariekDined on 5/11/2014The food was, as usual, outstanding. I would have liked a bit more variety on the brunch menu, perhaps an egg dish with potatoes or some quiche or breakfast soufflé, something that I find is a total brunch staple food. But my French toast was delicious!Special Features: