1501 Lawrence St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
PolishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.polishedtavern.com/
- Phone: 3035345082x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: Late Menu: 10:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Polish, American
- Executive Chef: Cezary Grosfeld
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We specialize in Polish Cuisine, but for our customers we can create anything upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: It is a VIP room, good for appetizers, late menu for all kinds of festivities.
- Private Party Contact: Cezary Grosfeld 7202513219x
A word from Polished Tavern
Polished Tavern - Polish Restaurant and Infused Vodka Bar.Continued
We specialize in homemade Pierogi - Polish Dumpling and Infused Vodka. We are first restaurant with ICE BAR!!!
We specialize in homemade Pierogi - Polish Dumpling and Infused Vodka. We are first restaurant with ICE BAR!!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Polished Tavern - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Polished Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (11)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious Food, Loud SurroundingsmkemmDined on 8/16/2014I'm glad I read other reviews before going to this place, as I felt better prepared to handle the bar scene there. We ate dinner there around 8pm on a Saturday, and it was pretty loud and un-cozy. I'm tempted to go back during lunch hours with my parents (who couldn't possibly tolerate the evening noise level). Our server was kind, although way too busy, like the owner doesn't believe in staffing appropriately - just one server for eight food tables, plus some bar patrons. The food was authentic and absolutely mouth-watering delicious. I ordered some giant sampler off the appetizer menu, and it had a bit of everything. We had leftovers to take home, which we enjoyed for two additional meals.
- Great place!JudyDined on 8/4/2014The food at the Polished Tavern is wonderful. We were very impressed. Great atmosphere and service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No place like it!ChrisDined on 7/26/2014Poland has always been one of my favorite places in the world and with friends in Poland I used to explain that there were no bars in the US (or at least in Colorado) that were anything like the bars in Poland. Kinga's Lounge was my go to spot until Polished Tavern opened up - it's in a prime location (the area around Kinga's can be a bit shady), has a superb and authentic Polish menu (and beer/drink list), as well as over 30 in-house infused vodkas. There is nothing like it and it is excellent! From the staff to the food to the drinks to the location, Polished Tavern is exceptional and a nostalgic reminder of Poland!Special Features:
- Surreal?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Was recommended to try the polish food. Surprised by the the Night Club setting, A way cool experience if you are a drinker can't get any better than to have your own ice chest right in front of you at your table! 7:15 Reservation. 2 servers in the whole place and we got the 1 that was a bar tender? Brought a bottle of beer to the table then asked if we wanted a cold glass? Then proceeded 2 times to forget the frosted glass?, sounded like only 1 chef in the kitchen, BUT! Thank goodness the food was tasty and fresh hot after the very long drawn out wait. Our bar tender spent more time apologizing, but hey our group is a patient fun loving group. Nothing left me desiring to return or to recommend this place to others, and I'm a foodie…Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Ate here as something different from the normal ethnic. Based on our own Eastern European heritage, we had to try the Pierogis, cabbage roles and Schnitzel. All excellent. A little noisy with a few notably loud "happy hour voices", so probably not the place for an intimate dinner or first date. Out with friends, probably a good place to have some drinks, some appetizers, and some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Polish foodJolacabanaDined on 7/14/2014Loved the atmosphere and the food. From appetizer to desert, it was authentic Polish cuisine. Loved it and will definitely come back. Dziękuję!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order polish food !AlexiScriabinDined on 7/10/2014Make sure to order the polish food on the menu. The other food is okay but not as good. Also if you want Chopin vodka (which you most likely will) order it on the rocks. Mixing it in drinks takes away from its character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAIAPDined on 7/7/2014This was a great find, the food was fantastic and delicious and the service was good. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern DecorGoodmealDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is more for the bar crowd. Our table had a trough in the middle of it filled with ice to keep the vodka cold. A few of the patrons that were drinking were quite loud, once they left it was much easier to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Thanks to Grouponmar14Dined on 6/6/2014Very kind waitress, wonderful Polish food and happy hour is a bonus glad to have the opportunitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food and loud musicCherylDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is definitely aimed at a younger crowd. The music was very modern and very loud. I could have ignored that if the food was good, but it was very bland and tasteless. I grew up with Polish cooking, and this isn't it. I will say that the service was excellent. The restaurant was practically empty which was very strange for a Friday night.
- CVTravelsDined on 5/28/2014Potato and cheese pierogis. Delicious!! Would love to try cheese and spinach (just not a feta fan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't stay.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Friends of our party arrived early and told us what a disgusting dive it was, we went elsewhere.
- Wonderful Polish FoodHawaiiDadDined on 5/23/2014Great food and great drinks. I loved that this restaurant had ice bars in the center of the tables to keep drinks cold. The pierogi were absolutely amazing. We also really loved the potato pancakes, the schnitzel, the salmon and the kielbasa. Not really a family place but my family, from my 6-year old daughter to my 19-year old son (and, of course, my wife and me) really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014For a party of 8 it took and hour and a half to get served our drinks and appetizers in a empty restaurant, followed by another 45 minutes to be served our entrees.
- Great Polish FoodMickeyKDined on 5/16/2014Food was tasty and filling. Presentation was great. Waitstaff was great at explaining the Polish entrees and making recommendatiions. We had the Kotlety Mielone and the Golabki and both were wonderful. I had a Warka Red Amber Lager that was OK, a little heavier than I expected. My wife had a margarita which she said was very good. All in all it was an enjoyable outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Polish foodtabledwellerDined on 5/11/2014This is more of a bar (with some great infused Polish vodkas) but the food here is a hidden gem. It's authentic, super tasty and pretty cheap. Come on a weekend night and you'll be hit with a bar atmosphere. Come any other time and enjoy a quieter time indulging in Polish delicacies from pierogi and schnizels to kielbasa and szarlotka (polish apple cake).Special Features:
- so-solylehmanVIPDined on 5/6/2014Red Square Euro Bistro is much better. blah blah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
- The following 57 reviews are from the Polished Tavern reviews archive.
- Best Pierogis in DenversusanatthecastleVIPDined on 4/21/2014Great pierogis. Great service. Nice atmosphere. Quiet during the week. Love the ice troughs for your vodka flights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentKatieDined on 3/26/2014We had a great time at Polished Tavern! The ambience was so much fun, service was great, and the pierogi and drinks were delicious! Happy Hour is definitely the best time to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa ELisaeDined on 3/23/2014We had excellent service and attention. The atmosphere was fun. The Perogies were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findERusDined on 3/18/2014The Polished Tavern was excellent. My friend and I went to dinner here before a show and it worked out great. The food was really good. It is not exactly what you would get in Poland or Russia but was flavorful. I would call it a slight yuppy twist to traditional Polish/Slavic food. The vodka was wonderful too and a lot of fun to try the "Surprise Me!" infused shot. (I got plum and highly recommend it. This is a place I want to take my husband on a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perogibeebutterbeeDined on 3/15/2014Split personality - noisy and eighties/nineties pop, so not suitable for fine dining, but not a good menu for younger crowd either. Mushroom sauce was great, most of the other of our four entries were okay, but not recommendable.
- worst in DenverdenverpeterDined on 3/15/2014I seriously have not had a worse meal in Denver. Servicer first confused or appetizer order, bringing the wrong dish not once, but twice. A repeat performance during the main course. She brought the entirely wrong entrée to one of us. By the time the right entrée came, the other diner was finished eating. And the meatballs were so salty they were hardly edible, not to mention that the meat was not browned but obviously burned from rushing. If you value your health, go somewhere else, there was not a vegetable in sight. Truly not worth a walk across the street. And to have paid full price for such a ruined evening with my daughter before the Opera. It's a shame. I had remembered this is being a decent place.
- For Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014We had an early reservation. We were greeted promptly and given a choice of table or ice bar, and chose a table. The food, from pierogis through our appetizers (the Breton stew and salmon tartare) and main couse (the Polish Feast platter) on to dessert, was tasty, and well-prepared. The portions were just right for us. Our server was attentive, although the time between courses was a bit too long. Overall, we had a good meal, and will recommend Polished to friends as well as return ourselves.Special Features:
- Before the theaterLabrewDined on 2/22/2014We were looking for something different for dinner before going to the theater. We found it in this bar/restaurant. We were tipped off by OT that it was restaurant week in Denver and to ask for a special menu. There was a great price fix tasting menue and we opted for a platter for 2 of the house specialties. Their presentation and delivery of polish comfort food was excellent. The variety, flavors and textures were correct on all counts, satisfying the taste buds of a discerning diner of slovak descent. The pierogies were fresh and flavorful worth the trip all on there own. The drinks (margaritas and infused vodka) were flavorful and well concocted. We will keep on a list for future visits while in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- polished indeedeatitDined on 2/14/2014Went there for valentines day, pierogies an appetizer and a platter full of more delicious food then we could eat (plus a free bottle of wine) if you have ever eaten polish food I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Bar in Denver!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/21/2014I absolutely love this place! It's by far my favorite place in Denver. I love it for happy hour, or late night. The staff is amazing, and super friendly. The food is outstanding...you have to try the pierogies, and the infused vodka is very good! The décor is really cool too. They have ice in the middle of the tables to keep your drinks cold, which is such an amazing idea! I go here at about once a week, I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!lilmonkey05Dined on 12/21/2013We always have a great time at Polished Tavern. It isn't too crazy or packed until later in the evening, the food is delicious, and the location is perfect for heading to Larimer Square after dinner or anywhere else downtown (although we've spent many nights staying at Polished Tavern all night!). Everyone that I've taken there has enjoyed it as well. I've found it to be a wonderful spot for getting a group of friends together. I've had friends come with kids too and it has been fine to do that for dinner. I absolutely recommend Polished Tavern and I come back there as often as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More of a bar than a restaurantFineDinerDined on 11/15/2013We made reservations for a party of 7 at 6pm - our table wasn't ready when we arrived at 6. The service was slow and the waitress did not know the menu, when asked how entrees were prepared she didn't know and said she would find out but never did. We had to ask for menus and the daily special posted out front included a shot which seemed redundant since we had already ordered drinks when she told us what the special was. Ordered martinis, quite nice but the WORST olives I've ever had made them a disappointment. Don't order the borscht, its just chicken broth with some beet coloring. Perogis and gulaosh were good. It's got the bones for a good place but the service is really lacking.
- Birthday Celebrationstones80303Dined on 11/1/2013The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. The server Monika made every effort to make sure we were taken care and had no problem adding up separate tickets. I will come back soon.Special Features:
- Girls in townHungariansluv2partyDined on 10/19/2013This was our second time out with the girls in Polished Tavern had a great time , suprisingly it wasn't busy on a saturday night but with a live DJ we made it a great party with others joyning in , food was great the location is awesome , parking and parking garage right next to it , didn't have to walk to much in our high heels :) I would defenetely recommend this place to any party groups !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeDissapointedVIPDined on 10/19/2013We enjoyed our drinks and dinner. The food was better than anticipated. We will return.Special Features:
- A Polished Gem!HungrySusanDined on 10/15/2013I made a reservation and when I arrived there was no one in the place. This made me feel a bit skeptical. I am so glad that I didn't turn around and walk out because the Polish food was amazing. From the Red Beat Soup to the Schnitzel I could not be more pleased. The Schnitzel came with a mushroom sauce that I would not recommend but everything else was simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy surpriseLizzyDined on 10/5/2013We decided to give Polished a try before theater. The Polish cuisine was a great change of pace and absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- GreatKwmilDined on 10/4/2013Food was excellent and the service was awesome. Prices very reasonableSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed my meal here, andDCS1VIPDined on 6/5/2013I enjoyed my meal here, and yes, you should come here to eat, not just drink. The Highlander's stew dish was excellent, and I enjoyed the various pierogi on my sampler platter as well. I expected it to be crowded, but it was dead on a weeknight at dinnertime - obviously this place gets busier the later it gets, so come early if you want to enjoy a good meal without the nightclub feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failure in all aspects.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013I wouldn't even recommend this restaurant to an enemy. The ambiance was reminded me of a cheap replication of Studio 54 and the service staff seemed lost and unaware of their duties. If you read a good review, it has to be written by a worker. We arrived 2 hours before our show and two of the four of us got our order an 1 1/2 later. The waiter then asked if we needed anything else and we reminded him that all four of us ordered food. Twenty minutes went by and he came back and offered shots instead of our food. The manager then came over and asked if he could adjust our bill because we weren't getting our food. I've never been volunteered by a restaurant to just not be given food. Do NOT make a reservation here. Go to McDonalds
- Would go backTheaternightsDined on 5/18/2013We went for dinner before a show. Liked the decor with the ice in the middle of the tables. It was clean and modern. Our waiter was very attentive although we were there early and it was not busy yet. We liked our food and the infused vodka. We would definately come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Polish FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I am a Polish food fan. We had 6 people in our group and all tried different orders..Every food item was greatSpecial Features: