Pocono Brewing Company
HC 1 Box 88
Swiftwater, PA 18370Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pocono Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.poconobrewingcompany.com/
- Phone: 5708393230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Denitza Reniero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer a wide variety of entertainment:
Wednesday-Bar Bingo 9:00pm-12:00am (prizes awarded)
Thursday-Trivia 9:00pm-12:00am (prizes awarded)
Saturday-Comedy night featuring The Rev. Bob Levy
A word from Pocono Brewing Company
Pocono Brewing Company is the Pocono's premiere sports bar and brewing company. A staple in Swiftwater serving local families and tourists alike for 12 years. Our knowledgeable staff invites you to try a cold draft beer from our extensive beer menu containing over 50 draft and bottled beers, accompanied by three of our own house brews. The menu offers a large variety of delicious items, featuring our award winning wings, as well as a huge selection of burgers, sandwiches, entrees and pub fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pocono Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Craft beers and Good Pub GrubOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Cool brewpub. Good place to hang out , drink and eat . Games: skeball, arcade games , ping pong ....descent in house craft beers, good craft beer selection , good bar food ( try the wings and pierogies!). I try to stop here everytime I'm in the area. Ps late night you can occassionally catch a love band or large crowd outdoors .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to ignore reservationsPeteNJDined on 7/19/2014Booked this place on a Saturday night in the Pocono's because we figured that most places would be crowded and wanted to eat at a reasonable hours since we have young children. So even though we had an 8pm reservation, the hostess told us we could wait with the walk-ins. When we asked what the purpose was of having a reservation she ignored us and said we could eat outside where tables were available. Well that was another fiasco (old, dirty tables, no outside hostess or wait staff to seat us) so we basically left and had to fend for ourselves. I have no issue with busy restaurants who don't take reservations for Saturday nights but then why use a great service like Open Table and then ignore people's reservations.
- bad food and servicefeefs73Dined on 7/18/2014got sat at a table in a room where there was no one. no service so we were going to leave but were very hungry. we were walking out when we decided to sit at the bar. the bar tender was okay, but did not ask for refills on our drinks. sandwiches were horrible --- meat was thick and could not chew well. my boyfriend and I were hungry when we left. bad food and bad service...would never recommend this place!Special Features:
- Beer Selection with Fantastic FoodUSMbroideryDined on 6/27/2014I just wanted to get something to eat and have a beer with my meal. I tried there special they were offering well let me tell you, how wonderful that meal was. I tried there new "Wild Boar hamburger", served the a sweet sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion. I really enjoyed the meal with french fries. I ordered a Guinness to accommodate this meal, this was a perfect pairing. I tried there other special, "Mexican Meatball Soup" this was new on the menu. This had wonderful aroma, mild spicy chili flavor which would remind you of a liquefied Taco, the meatball was perfect and plentiful in the soup. The only thing missing from this dish was the tortilla chip. they served the soup with cracker instead, more inline with a bowl of chili.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Year Round Restauranttaste1Dined on 6/25/2014Be it ski season or summer hiking this place answers the call. They have a wonderful selection of beers and the grub is good too. Since I was there this past week and it was hot a cold beer and a wonderful light salad filled the craving I had. My wife had a nice wrap and it was big so she was able to take half back to the hotel and have us have a late night snack. Also has some game rooms for pool and skee ball and knock hockey ect. I will wish you enjoy the place as we did during our mini vacation.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Pocono Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Typical barOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2014Typical bar, with typical bar food. French dip was extremely dry, would not get again. Wings were good but asked for half BBQ honey, half mild and they mixed them- didn't expect that! Overall if your looking for bar food it's as you would expect- worth the drive into town if you want to eat a little more upscale.
- Won't be going backNightoutDined on 3/7/2014We reserved on open table and when we got there no table. Hostess kept trying to make us sit by the bar at a high top when we wanted a booth. When we did get seated it was next to a large group of rowdy profane men. It took forever to get drinks or order taken; food was cold when it did come. My crab cake was old and tasteless...Special Features:
- Great Spot the get full.Tye2Dined on 11/9/2013I was up for the weekend, wasn't to impressed with the resort food, looked on O.T. and up popped the Brewery. The food was good and plentiful. The place was cool for a hangoutbor meet up and the wait staff was on point. When I'm in the area I'll be stopping through for sure. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat and watch footbaldivermanDined on 9/28/2013Good service and an good food. Great place to watch sportsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre but best in PoconosKimOVIPDined on 7/1/2013We have found that dining out in the Poconos is not a foodie's delight. No place is great, or even very good. Pocono Brewing Company is the best we've found. It is certainly not especially interesting food, but it is consistent. Don't expect more than decent pub food and you won't be disappointed. The wait staff, however, have almost always been friendly.
- Good foodChrisDined on 8/20/2012This was a good choice. Noise really carries so it is not a romantic place to eat. It is kid friendly with games for the kids to play while waiting for food to come. We were there for lunch and our sandwiches were REALLY GOOD and hot! Just the way I like it.Special Features:
- fun brewery and lunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011fun brewery and lunch spot. Plenty of good food for kids and grownups. Looks like it turns into a fun night scene too.Special Features:
- Saw comedy show and had dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011Saw comedy show and had dinner. Great beer list, beers a little pricey.Special Features:
- Second time visiting. FoodGuyPDined on 9/5/2011Second time visiting. Food and service were good both times. Upscale pub style.Special Features:
- Great place! They were ableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2011Great place! They were able to seat us late, and still have excellent food and service.
- The service was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011The service was incredibly slow even when not crowded and despite the fact that it was less than 40 degrees outside, the heat did not appear to be on in the dining area.