310 Green Bay Rd.
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pmprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 8474330600x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dominic Zumpano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Executive Dinners, Board Meetings, Business Meetings, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Anniversaries, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners and more...
A word from PM Prime
Welcome to PM Prime! We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
PM Prime - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
PM Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (29)romantic (28)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- PM PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The decor and service were great. The food was just so-so and terribly overpriced!Special Features:
- Prime Time PlayerSGinHPDined on 9/20/2014PM Prime is a new, strong addition to the North Shore dining scene. Their approach seems to be more 'deconstructive' than old school but in the end they deliver a great steak and interesting sides st the higher end of the market price point. The restaurant can be a tight fit for larger groups but makes an appealing spot for couples.Special Features:
- Closing SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Great bartender. Very sub par table service and food. Oysters and salad were very good. Meat and Fish were not good. Food is not even close to the area's other steak houses. This place is a goner. Value no where near the price.
- Best steakhouse in Chicagoland!FoodieFanatic4Dined on 9/17/2014That said their fresh fish rivals any fish house anywhere. My wife and I love the place. The menu continues to be updated so it is always an adventure. Choosing one entree' is the hardest part of the night. You guys rock our world and keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBobbygDined on 9/13/2014From interesting and tasty cocktails, through a great steak and side dishes, a nice wine and dessert, we experienced great service, a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, and a very pleasant overall experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014wonderful food, amazing steaks, great service all the way around. A real gem of a find. Absolutely recommending and going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Steak in HighwoodJennymaeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Every dish we ordered, from the Japanese Waygu app to the shredded Brussel Sprouts were delish. The main course steaks were just as good as downtown. Skip both potatoe dishes & go for veggies. Dessert is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!founditDined on 9/4/2014Perfect dining experience! Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Amazing food. Will most definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014PM Prime is the best steakhouse that we have ever gone to! The food, service and decor rank right up there with the best in Chicago. I was there for dinner and it was excellent from start to finish. Our group started with the chilled seafood platter and it was terrific. The ribeye I ordered was cooked to perfection, and it was DELICIOUS! One of the best steaks I’ve ever enjoyed. We also shared the Chocolate Cake and it was amazing. If you love chocolate, be sure to get this dessert. Overall we had a great experience and I know we’ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy for meat loversloverofspainDined on 8/30/2014Totally enjoyed our meal. Very tasty & friendly. Very welcoming Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Exeptional food and serviceCarnivoreDined on 8/30/2014As good as it gets. The service was fantastic without any annoyanceSpecial Features:
- A Prime ExperiencelovetodineDined on 8/29/2014PM Prime has it’s name for a reason. A prime dining experience to say the least, PM Prime made for an excellent evening of delicious appetizers, entrees, and especially desert. Not to mention the fantastic steak. It is safe to say that I have never experienced a steak this good, cooked and prepared to perfection. At PM Prime, perfection is clearly not a goal, but a standard that they meet daily with flying flags. Whether you finish off the night with an decadent chocolate cake with buttermilk gelato, or the to die for goat cheese cheesecake with butterscotch and toffee streusel, you will be amazed and enraptured within the delicious sweet flavors. We've been back three times and plan to continue to come back throughout the years to come.Special Features:
- Ten Stars if the site allowed !!!!DavidDined on 8/29/2014Our two drive was well rewarded !!! The food and service put PM Prime in the running for top honors nationally !!!! Our experience at PM Prime was so noteworthy that I decided to add a 40 percent tip. The very knowledgeable staff earned every penny by guiding us as if we were family. We will be returning often !!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Don't bother.Natetheskate43VIPDined on 8/27/2014Another over-priced steakhouse. Poured a "short" vodka which set the tone for the "dining experience". For whatever reason, the Chef decided to get overly creative with the Caesar salad....it came with a dehydrated/fried anchovy.....nice try, but failed. Surprisingly, the restaurant was busy on a weekday night, so this review probably does not represent majority opinion. Bottom line, my wife and I will make this a "one and done" trip to P.M. Prime.....it just didn't work for us.
- Wow!rsssssDined on 8/26/2014Holy cow was that good!!! Everything we had (group of 4) was fantastic. If that wasn't the best steak I've ever had, it is certainly in the top 5. The sides were delicious and that butterscotch goat cheese cheesecake. Oh. My. Gosh. Great service too. No complaints. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utopia on the North ShoreFoodieFanatic4Dined on 8/26/2014PM Prime is a world class home run. The ribeye was the best that I've ever had. My wife ordered the salmon and it was delicious. The service at every juncture was spectacular. We started our dinner ordering off of their extensive specialty cocktail menu. I had the Langley Aviation and my wife had the Margarita. Both were fantastic. The wine list rocked and their Sommelier told us wonderful stories associated with the extensive list. Prices were on par with the national steakhouses but quality is far beyond corporate steak. The preparations on the sides are creative and delicious. The cake is enough to feed an army. We will keep going and work our way through the menu. Keep up the gr8 work. Thank you for bringing PM Prime to the North Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyAnonymousDined on 8/26/2014Very disappointed . Asked for steak sauce and then got the bill and was charged $3 for steak sauce. Our large plate had nothing on it except a piece of meat . Looked ridiculous. Ordered "forest mushrooms". They came drenched in goat cheese which we don't like. Never was described that way. Will not go back. Have discouraged friends from same. Don't think restaurant will make it very long.Special Features:
- Great menu, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Better than those larger well know suburban steak houses. Great dining room and bar. Everything you'd want regards to service and food. Pricing is comparable to other quality steak places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great eveningJMlovessteakVIPDined on 8/23/2014I really can’t say enough about PM Prime, The steak I ordered was probably one of the best I have even eaten, just perfect! Others in the group had seafood and just raved about that too (I am a meat and potatoes guy so I did not try). The staff was excellent and the wine list matched. This is a true premium steak house for people that do not think Outback is a steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the great new restaurantFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful new restaurant. Top notch food with just enough choices. Lovely appetizers. Great wine selections. Informed staff who can be as discreet or fussy as you want.Special Features:
- A disappointmentReviewerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were expecting so much more because of all the hype preceding the opening. The porterhouse steak that we shared was difficult to cut with the knives provided and tasted nothing like a prime steak. In fact, the waiter tried to slice the steak for us and he just "sawed" it into pieces. The glazed potatoes were so overcooked that some of the ends were hard and the caramelized onions were so full of oil that the dish was inedible. Had a glass of merlot and asked the waiter for a glass of cabernet and when he brought the wine to the table he just dumped it into the remaining wine in the glass instead of bringing a new glass. Would not recommend this restaurant because there are other excellent steakhouses in the area.
- 2 star food at 5 star pricesmaddymadVIPDined on 8/22/2014It's rare for us to be so disappointed and rate a restaurant so low. We were very much looking forward to having a fine dining restaurant in Highwood with Gabriels and Carlos closing. We had enjoyed the chef's work at Market House in Lake Forest as well. Unfortunately, the meal was incredibly disappointing with the exception of ala carte sides. Prices did not match food quality. We aren't afraid of a big bill on occasion, esp for a high quality steak and seafood experience. We spent $200 for 2 people which included 4 glasses of wine but didn't think our meals were any good.Special Features:
- Great sommelier and wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Great food ,great wine list, great wine by the glass wine list. You won't go wrong following Bob recommendationsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2014Good, but very expensive...steak presentation underwhelming...just meat on a plate, nothing more.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLSUBobDined on 8/16/2014We had a great evening. The food and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Prime was Prime, but PRICEY!LKLAPDined on 8/15/2014Went to Prime on a Friday night, it was packed...there was a small problem with our outside table that they corrected very quietly. The dining room is small and very quaint. The owner talked with us about the concept of the restaurant...a little too long, but the food was FABULOUS! Don't miss the mushroom risotto, the oysters were huge, the steak was excellent as was our desert! Over all delicious food, but very expensive....might go back for a special occasion!Special Features:
- New steakhouse bad experienceSdhpVIPDined on 8/15/20141 of 2 steaks came out cold and cut improperly. All 3 sides came out cold. Waiter brought new food but didn't compensate for anything or even tell mgmt. way too $$$ would not recommend based on our experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Food! Great Servicemombiz12VIPDined on 8/15/2014First time there for our 35th Anniversary - We had a nice booth - Waiter was courteous, and explained the menu completely. We had huge shrimp for appetizers a delicious caprice salad and a rib eye steak for dinner- I would highly recommend all of it !! We will be back!Special Features:
- babeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Only a special occasion place because of the very high prices. Steaks were excellent, but side dishes lacked the variety of many other steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way over priced.skinnylynVIPDined on 8/14/2014Presentation of food needs work. If one is going to spend $30+ for a piece of meat, one should also get it presented well. Big white plate, small filet without so much as a sprig of parsley = lack luster presentation.
- Pricey1FoodieforfunDined on 8/13/2014The food was delicious, but the combination of the less than refined wait staff, the very minimalistic presentation of the food (steak served on a large white plate looking very lonely) and the overpriced menu would lead me to recommend this restaurant only for a special occasion if heading to the city of Chicago wasn't an option.Special Features:
- Expensive aGreensLoverVIPDined on 8/12/2014There is an air of affectation, from the decor (which is tasteful, but over the top for the location), to the tuxedo'd sommelier with attitude. The server was friendly enough, but out of place for the "setting" and rushed us through our meal. As for the food, for as and talented and touted as this chef is, the meal left a lot to be desired. Steaks arrived on a white plate with without garnish, we ordered the blue cheese which was a sauce in a tiny bowl that looked and tasted like salad dressing for a $4 charge! As our vegetable, pulverized, salty Brussels sprouts. The restaurant, and specifically the chef, should get over himself, and for the prices, serve well executed food. They should change the attitude, food preparation, and soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Very noisy and extremely high end prices. Presentation of just a filet on a large white plate without any garnish at all is a very bland look! Better steakhouses within a few miles. Ruth's Chris in Northbrook for one has MUCH better food ,prices ,and choices.
- Good but expensiveLuv2eatDined on 8/9/2014It was a very nice and the service was great but be prepared to spend major money for dinner. The waiter asked if me and my husband would like sauce with our steak. Turns out for a very little bowl of sauce we had to pay $3.00 for each sauce. I just think for the prices they charge that should have come with the meal.Special Features:
- Some Unfufilled PotentialLaneDined on 8/8/2014PM Prime might become the best steakhouse on the North Shore, but it's not there yet. It clearly wants to be a modern take on a traditional steakhouse & some of its updates work better than others, with the side dishes seeming to need more work than the appetizers. The service was fantastic: attentive without being overbearing. The steaks came out cooked PERFECTLY. We tried both the Waygu Sirloin & the Dry Aged New York Strip. While they were of high quality, there was only the delicious steak, no other seasonings or flavor. The Chocolate Cake can serve 3-6 easily. While PM Prime is good, there are others at this price point I prefer. I do look forward to trying them again in a few months to see if they've elevated and refined their food.Special Features:
- First of many visits.TonyDDined on 8/5/2014Went for anniversary. Excellent. Shared the "Caesar". Not our favorite because not a classic Caesar. Waiter advised in advance. Just a little too bitter. I had wagyu sirloin which was outstanding. My wife had salmon which she truly enjoyed. The wine list was smaller but excellent. Had the Paradigm good value. The chocolate cake for 2 would easily feed 6. 4 stars only because of salad. This will be a regular stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Overpriced. Portions extremely small. Streaks came alone on the plate without even a garnish of some type.
- New high priced spotTedkVIPDined on 8/1/2014This new spot is none too shy about pricing ! 19 dollars for 2 shrimp appetizer 11 bucks for a tiny portion if glazed potatoes then a piece of steak for 37 with no sauce garnish on a plate kind of ridiculous. I guess if you want to splurge it would be fine Place a bit too full if itself Maybe if they relax a bit down the roadSpecial Features:
- Highland Park PatronOut4dinnerVIPDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is beautiful, and the waitstaff nice and friendly. We ordered: shrimp cocktail (good), Caesar salad (good), clam chowder (fair), squash blossom with crab and fish appetizer (bad), chicken (good). So some o the food was good some was not. It was a very limited menu- with out a lot of selection for someone who does not eat red meat or pork. It's very expensive.Special Features:
- Beautiful DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014They did a lovely job on the decor; as with all steak houses, the add ons and prices make this a more expensive dining option If you love an independent steak house, it's worth a stop. It is nice to see the space updated. As much as I enjoyed Gabriel's, it was time for an update and a new format.Special Features: