310 Green Bay Rd.
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pmprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 8474330600x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dominic Zumpano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Executive Dinners, Board Meetings, Business Meetings, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Anniversaries, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners and more...
A word from PM Prime
Welcome to PM Prime! We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
PM Prime - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
PM Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (20)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Missed BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the brussel sprouts and would go back just for them. Disappointed with the 2 requests we made in advance-1. a booth and 2. a candle in the dessert. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and were placed at a table and dessert came without a candle or a wish. What I find perplexing about this is that I called with this request twice. Also saw 2 employees working the hostess desk this evening. Seems like a lot of people on staff to miss this request. Expensive menu and dinner - these details should not have been missed.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The extensive wine list is wonderful and the sommelier is very knowledgeable and excited to share his love of wine. The food is delicious, from the starters to the desert.Special Features:
- Bad bad badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014I feel bad bc we are all trying to make a living but....Food was terrible. SAVE YOUR $$ !!
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/17/2014The food was phenomenal. Service was very attentive but not polished..ie: using terms like "are you still working on that" or even mentioning prices with specials didn't seem to fit the quality of food or prices on the menu.Special Features:
- STOP The madness, new owners HELPDeliciousVIPDined on 10/11/2014The idea of PM Prime in the North shore is a good idea, poorly executed The serving staff was friendly, lots of bread, but no real management of the dining experience In summary, my wife was "sold" a $30 glass of wine, a shallow pour maybe 2-3 oz, Robert was glad to offer over-priced beverage, yet was unavailable to follow up with the service one would expect from high end establishment Lobster bisque was luke-warm and well when we looked to find someone to address, they were too busy, our entrees showed up quickly, with undercooked potatoes and at this point we were ready to move on. Dom, fix the kitchen, Robert, focus on the customer not the register and Stephen Platcow is a bright man, he nows what customers expect, excellence!
- good but not greatterrandiabloDined on 10/11/2014Everyone tried hard, but no real differentiators to other high end streak houses. Don't take the staff from the previous restaurant and try and make them top end steak house folks. Didn’t work. But everyone was nice and tried hard. Maître D very inexperienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream team-Chef-Som-food! 5 STARS!FoodieFanatic4Dined on 10/10/2014We know these guys well. The Som started at the Pump Room and then went on to Ambria. Bob teaches a wine class at Kendall. He also lectures The Wine Series, a wine appreciation and food pairing course. Bob was nominated for the James Beard Award. He was also honored by Food & Wine magazine as "The Best Sommelier in Chicago." The James Beard nominated Chef Zumpano is well-known for his passion and creativity. He invents innovative, seasonal menus based on the highest quality steaks, fish and vegetables. Everything is made in-house daily including the steak sauces to desserts. Those in the know agree that PM Prime is the absolute best fine dining experience available anywhere. We have become friends with these guys and will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ts321Dined on 10/9/2014That was truly a fantastic dinner, probably the best steak I've ever had. The food was spectacular from start to finish. A special shout-out to our waiter, who really knew his stuff, guided us through the wine list, and his recommendations. Were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ranks with the best of ChicagoDS63Dined on 10/7/2014There's a new gem on the North Shore that can go toe to toe with the best steakhouses of Chicago. PM Prime is outstanding at every touchpoint--the service, the vibe, and most of all the food. Absolutely delicious and the presentation was exquisite. Give 'em try, you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- ServicechicagoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was slow and inconsistent even though Restarant was not crowded. Steaks came out without the sides. Finally the sides were delivered after steaks were 1/2 gone. For these prices I would expect a better experience.
- Best Steak on the North ShoreOle2Dined on 9/30/2014Service,food wine list equal or better than any downtown steakhouseSpecial Features:
- Not you average steak houseTerrificDined on 9/30/2014This is a very special place that deserves a visit. The ambiance is quiet elegance and the service is I presssive. The host sommelier has one of the finest backgrounds in all of Chicago. But most of all go,for the food and try at least two of the seasonal vegetable side dishes and a great glass of wine. This is a wonderful addition to the neighborhood places which are old and venerable and seem not to care much.Special Features:
- Foodisfun1VIPDined on 9/26/2014Overpriced and food very average. Quality of food wasn't worth the pricey menu. Ribeye had no tasteSpecial Features:
- Go go gosandyDined on 9/26/2014Fresh Dover sole was prepared perfectly to be boned and served at table. Steak cooked exactly as ordered and aged well. Salad wedge and roasted beets particularly good sides. Very good wait staff. Whie table cloths and soft lighting. All just great! And in Highwood so easy for suburbanites. This is not a drop in at the last minute with the kids place - too fancy for that! It feels like Gabriel's used to -- you could count on a fine meal for a date night or special occasion without snooty service. Not for large groups unless in basement party room. Appreciated the lack of booming bass sound system!!Special Features:
- PM PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The decor and service were great. The food was just so-so and terribly overpriced!Special Features:
- Prime Time PlayerSGinHPDined on 9/20/2014PM Prime is a new, strong addition to the North Shore dining scene. Their approach seems to be more 'deconstructive' than old school but in the end they deliver a great steak and interesting sides st the higher end of the market price point. The restaurant can be a tight fit for larger groups but makes an appealing spot for couples.Special Features:
- Closing SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Great bartender. Very sub par table service and food. Oysters and salad were very good. Meat and Fish were not good. Food is not even close to the area's other steak houses. This place is a goner. Value no where near the price.
- Best steakhouse in Chicagoland!FoodieFanatic4Dined on 9/17/2014That said their fresh fish rivals any fish house anywhere. My wife and I love the place. The menu continues to be updated so it is always an adventure. Choosing one entree' is the hardest part of the night. You guys rock our world and keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBobbygDined on 9/13/2014From interesting and tasty cocktails, through a great steak and side dishes, a nice wine and dessert, we experienced great service, a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, and a very pleasant overall experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014wonderful food, amazing steaks, great service all the way around. A real gem of a find. Absolutely recommending and going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in HighwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have dined here three times now and have never been disappointed. The food is so far beyond the normal boring steakhouse cuisine that I think if you're just venturing here for steaks you are shorting yourself. The salads are amazing with interesting ingredients that all work together wonderfully, the appetizers (especially the mushroom risotto) are incredible. Twice my husband has ordered the 32 oz. wagyu tomahawk chop and he's said that both were the best steaks he's ever had. It's $105, but we don't go out to eat to complain about prices, especially when the food is better than anywhere in the city with no long drive. We've brought friends here twice and they were blown away with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Steak in HighwoodJennymaeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Every dish we ordered, from the Japanese Waygu app to the shredded Brussel Sprouts were delish. The main course steaks were just as good as downtown. Skip both potatoe dishes & go for veggies. Dessert is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!founditDined on 9/4/2014Perfect dining experience! Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Amazing food. Will most definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find.RoseDined on 9/2/2014PM Prime is the best steakhouse that we have ever gone to! The food, service and decor rank right up there with the best in Chicago. I was there for dinner and it was excellent from start to finish. Our group started with the chilled seafood platter and it was terrific. The ribeye I ordered was cooked to perfection, and it was DELICIOUS! One of the best steaks I’ve ever enjoyed. We also shared the Chocolate Cake and it was amazing. If you love chocolate, be sure to get this dessert. Overall we had a great experience and I know we’ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy for meat loversloverofspainDined on 8/30/2014Totally enjoyed our meal. Very tasty & friendly. Very welcoming Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Exeptional food and serviceCarnivoreDined on 8/30/2014As good as it gets. The service was fantastic without any annoyanceSpecial Features:
- A Prime ExperiencelovetodineDined on 8/29/2014PM Prime has it’s name for a reason. A prime dining experience to say the least, PM Prime made for an excellent evening of delicious appetizers, entrees, and especially desert. Not to mention the fantastic steak. It is safe to say that I have never experienced a steak this good, cooked and prepared to perfection. At PM Prime, perfection is clearly not a goal, but a standard that they meet daily with flying flags. Whether you finish off the night with an decadent chocolate cake with buttermilk gelato, or the to die for goat cheese cheesecake with butterscotch and toffee streusel, you will be amazed and enraptured within the delicious sweet flavors. We've been back three times and plan to continue to come back throughout the years to come.Special Features:
- Ten Stars if the site allowed !!!!DavidDined on 8/29/2014Our two drive was well rewarded !!! The food and service put PM Prime in the running for top honors nationally !!!! Our experience at PM Prime was so noteworthy that I decided to add a 40 percent tip. The very knowledgeable staff earned every penny by guiding us as if we were family. We will be returning often !!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best Lobster Bisque Since Maine!RoseDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I shared the cold lobster appetizer that was served with Asian flair. It was delicious! Then we each had the lobster bisque and agreed that it was the best we have had since living in Maine. We shared their non-traditional wedge salad. We then went on to our entrees which we split. We had the fresh-in-that-day, Dover Sole, filleted right at our table, and the dry-aged fillet with veal-reduction demi-glace sauce. Both were the best of each that we had ever had. The seasoned Sommelier paired each course with exquisite wine selections. The friendly, knowledgeable and approachable staff guided us through our evening of culinary nirvana. PM Prime is by far the best and most romantic hot spot that we have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother.Natetheskate43VIPDined on 8/27/2014Another over-priced steakhouse. Poured a "short" vodka which set the tone for the "dining experience". For whatever reason, the Chef decided to get overly creative with the Caesar salad....it came with a dehydrated/fried anchovy.....nice try, but failed. Surprisingly, the restaurant was busy on a weekday night, so this review probably does not represent majority opinion. Bottom line, my wife and I will make this a "one and done" trip to P.M. Prime.....it just didn't work for us.
- Wow!rsssssDined on 8/26/2014Holy cow was that good!!! Everything we had (group of 4) was fantastic. If that wasn't the best steak I've ever had, it is certainly in the top 5. The sides were delicious and that butterscotch goat cheese cheesecake. Oh. My. Gosh. Great service too. No complaints. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utopia on the North ShoreFoodieFanatic4Dined on 8/26/2014PM Prime is a world class home run. The ribeye was the best that I've ever had. My wife ordered the salmon and it was delicious. The service at every juncture was spectacular. We started our dinner ordering off of their extensive specialty cocktail menu. I had the Langley Aviation and my wife had the Margarita. Both were fantastic. The wine list rocked and their Sommelier told us wonderful stories associated with the extensive list. Prices were on par with the national steakhouses but quality is far beyond corporate steak. The preparations on the sides are creative and delicious. The cake is enough to feed an army. We will keep going and work our way through the menu. Keep up the gr8 work. Thank you for bringing PM Prime to the North Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyAnonymousDined on 8/26/2014Very disappointed . Asked for steak sauce and then got the bill and was charged $3 for steak sauce. Our large plate had nothing on it except a piece of meat . Looked ridiculous. Ordered "forest mushrooms". They came drenched in goat cheese which we don't like. Never was described that way. Will not go back. Have discouraged friends from same. Don't think restaurant will make it very long.Special Features:
- Great menu, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Better than those larger well know suburban steak houses. Great dining room and bar. Everything you'd want regards to service and food. Pricing is comparable to other quality steak places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great eveningJMlovessteakVIPDined on 8/23/2014I really can’t say enough about PM Prime, The steak I ordered was probably one of the best I have even eaten, just perfect! Others in the group had seafood and just raved about that too (I am a meat and potatoes guy so I did not try). The staff was excellent and the wine list matched. This is a true premium steak house for people that do not think Outback is a steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the great new restaurantFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful new restaurant. Top notch food with just enough choices. Lovely appetizers. Great wine selections. Informed staff who can be as discreet or fussy as you want.Special Features:
- A disappointmentReviewerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were expecting so much more because of all the hype preceding the opening. The porterhouse steak that we shared was difficult to cut with the knives provided and tasted nothing like a prime steak. In fact, the waiter tried to slice the steak for us and he just "sawed" it into pieces. The glazed potatoes were so overcooked that some of the ends were hard and the caramelized onions were so full of oil that the dish was inedible. Had a glass of merlot and asked the waiter for a glass of cabernet and when he brought the wine to the table he just dumped it into the remaining wine in the glass instead of bringing a new glass. Would not recommend this restaurant because there are other excellent steakhouses in the area.
- 2 star food at 5 star pricesmaddymadVIPDined on 8/22/2014It's rare for us to be so disappointed and rate a restaurant so low. We were very much looking forward to having a fine dining restaurant in Highwood with Gabriels and Carlos closing. We had enjoyed the chef's work at Market House in Lake Forest as well. Unfortunately, the meal was incredibly disappointing with the exception of ala carte sides. Prices did not match food quality. We aren't afraid of a big bill on occasion, esp for a high quality steak and seafood experience. We spent $200 for 2 people which included 4 glasses of wine but didn't think our meals were any good.Special Features:
- Great sommelier and wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Great food ,great wine list, great wine by the glass wine list. You won't go wrong following Bob recommendationsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2014Good, but very expensive...steak presentation underwhelming...just meat on a plate, nothing more.Special Features: