18 Ninth Ave
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/
- Phone: (212) 660-6736
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00am; All Day Menu: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: John DiLeo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the fashionable and celebrity endorsed Hotel Gansevoort, celebrate your most memorable events on our 5000 sq ft rooftop terrace with a 360 degree view of the city. Guarantee a perfect turn-out for your next corporate event by booking at the Hotel Gansevoort. It's not just another boring work event, it's an experience.
- Private Party Contact: Regional Sales Team 2125446507
- Entertainment: We offer a live DJ Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plunge Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not good for large parties.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2009Not good for large parties. Tried to have a party for 9 outside and we had to sit inside. Big disappointment because it was a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful gardenOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/15/2009This is a beautiful garden that is PERFECT for summer dining alfresco! The drinks were well made and the menu is an abridged version of Ono- which is always a great place for Japanese food. I cant reiterate enough times how wonderful the garden is though- definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2008Don't waste your time or money at this restaurant. The food was mediocre. There are much better Japanese restaurants out there that are cheaper. This is only a place to "see and be seen" and nothing more. We ordered over 8 items on the menu...none of which was memorable. Spend your hard earned money at some where else.Special Features:
- We had a great time. We ateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2008We had a great time. We ate at Ono and had drinks at Garden of Ono which is right next door. The Prime rib slid off the bone - the best I've ever had. My friends said the lobster was great - melts in your mouth - not chewy at all. Crab cakes were tasty - great flavor along with the salad. They had a notable wine list and cocktails were great. We left there feeling very satisfied. Kudos to the chef!!!! The decor is very contemporary and trendy - hot spot with nice musicSpecial Features:
- Great vibe and music. SameOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2008Great vibe and music. Same food as Ono restaurant but more enjoyable to be outside in the summerSpecial Features:
- Our waitress was sloppy andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Our waitress was sloppy and rude, and could not get our order correct. I have always enjoyed ONO, but the Garden, with its small tables, and horrid service, was one I will not repeat.
- Great outdoor ensamble, cool,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2008Great outdoor ensamble, cool, hip, romantic...The food was good, but expensive and scarce!!!Special Features:
- The place is vere neat andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008The place is vere neat and the food is very good, I wish the portions were a little bigger, though. It haa a great atmosphere and is a good place to go with groups and have a little privicy, you can have your private party even if the place is full of people.Special Features:
- The experience started offOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2008The experience started off with a standoffish hostess. She seemed very imperious and did not seem welcoming at all(maybe she was busy?). That should of set off warning signs. She did honor our reservation and did not "prescreen" us as some other reviewers have mentioned. The rolls were forgettable and expensive but the grilled meats (robata grill) were excellent and worth the delay (as the waitress forgot half the order). Regardless, the company was good as were the cool cabanas. Nice, fashionable, hip crowd.Special Features:
- Table under a stairwell wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Table under a stairwell was the begining of the end. 5 waiter, no 1. Now they are delivering all the wrong food, and actually taking the plates from other tables for deliery to my table- NOT IN NY- ONO stick to coctails, and parites.
- One word describes this place'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2008One word describes this place's employees RUDE. I went for a special occasion to have drinks/dinner w/ some friends. It was impossible to order drinks or food because the waitstaff was no where to be seen. When we occasionally flagged down the hostess she was curt and blew us off. The water we asked for when we sat down was brought after we paid our check. The portions were minuscule and the drinks were watered down. We had reservations yet we had to wait to get into the EMPTY bar/restaurant. They even refused my friend who is a major reporter for a major NYC paper. All of us were well dressed and we walked into several Meatpacking hotspots that night without a problem. I will never return to this restaurant.
- Food was excellent. lovedvickihDined on 6/12/2008Food was excellent. loved being outdoors but a little too noisy.Special Features:
- We went at a very dead hourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2008We went at a very dead hour so no idea what the crowd is like when there is one- but it was lovely and very relaxing. I am sure it gets crowded and noisey- but not when we were there. Delightful.Special Features: