Plum's Upper Room
112 A. South Main Street
Zionsville, IN 46077Neighborhood:
NW Indy / Zionsville
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Plum's Upper Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plumsupperroom.com/Welcome.html
- Phone: 3178735577x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday $ 30.00 and under
Friday and Saturday $ 35.00 and over
Lighter Fare: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Supper: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Plum's Upper Room
Plum's Upper Room has grown straight from the heart, and is a place everyone should feel at home. The ‘Slow Cooked’ food combined with an enchanting atmosphere has been known to stir up conversation. So come on in with your favorite company and sit for a spell.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plum's Upper Room reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- They are closedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014You guys didn't tell us that. Good thing I tried to call the restaurant or I wouldn't have known. And that would have thrown abwtenchmin my plans for my wife's birthday.
- leaving open tableOldBobVIPDined on 7/30/2014When we arrived they did not have my reservation and said they were no longer working with open table. No problem seating uus though. The menu was very limited but except for too much vinegarette on the salad the food was enjoyable. Portions and quality were appropriate for entrees priced in the mid $20'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plum's Upper RoomfoodieDined on 7/17/2014If ever in the Indianapolis IN area, plan to have dinner at Plum's Upper Room in Zionsville. A fabulous meal in a great setting with wonderful servers. The menu does change, but check to see if the duck and wild salmon and beet salad are on the menu. Try the tarts for dessert too. Just an amazing foodie experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014The service and food are just OK. We had to send back dirty utensils and bread plates. Seems like a simple thing to check to see if glasses, plates, etc. are actually clean before you put them in front of your customers. I have been to this restaurant a few times. Some times the food is excellent some times it is only fair but the service is always just fair to poor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Wonderful evening with good friends! Great service!Special Features:
- Wonderful!erinclareDined on 6/13/2014We loved the ambiance, had a wonderful seat by the open window, and amazing food! A delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieCBDined on 6/6/2014The inside of the restaurant looks fantastic. The food we had was definitely not bad; however, the menu seemed just a little weird. Overall, the service was very underwhelming. My husband had to get up to go get his drink from the bar after we saw it sitting there for about 10 minutes. The waitress was unable to describe the cheeses on the cheese plate. We ordered dessert - it was delicious! We left the restaurant laughing however when we realized that the tart we ordered was most definitely not the one that we received. The menu said smoked almond, cherry, white chocolate. We had a pecan and chocolate tart. Again, it was great! We're glad there was some sort of mix up, but it was just another example of poor service.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Plum's Upper Room reviews archive.
- Great Setting but Poor FoodvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had 1 night Indianapolis and wished to dine in the Zionsville area. We chose Plum’s even though the reviews are inconsistent. We loved the ambiance of the historic building. Our server was Stephanie and she was very good. It appeared the entire staff, including the servers, hostess and bartender were efficient and competent. The weakness is the kitchen! The menu is limited with most items offered only medium rare. My wife ordered the French tomato soup which would have been wonderful if it had been warm. She had the crepe which was alright but lacked filling. I had the rack of lamb which was cold and not good. If we dine in Zionsville again we might go to Plum’s for a glass of wine but dine at another restaurant with better food!Special Features:
- Won't be going back...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Cute atmosphere but poor quality food for the price. Their steak was somehow unevenly cooked with one end being medium and the other being well done. The chef looked at the steak but was unsure how it occurred. In the end they still charged full price for the dish. In addition the bar was not adequate enough to make our drinks.Special Features:
- Relaxing EveningBFG54VIPDined on 4/16/2014Had a great experience at Plum's Upper Room. It is a great spot for a quiet evening with someone special or to host a discussion, personal or business. The food is excellent and the service is just right for a relaxed occasion.Special Features:
- Dismal dining experienceBourbonBoyDined on 4/11/2014Went to Plum's with another couple. Few tables occupied at 7:30 on a Friday which should have been a clue. Took forever to get drinks and over 30 min to get pommes frites which were very ordinary. I ordered rack of lamb and received 4 ribs that were raw(ordered medium), cold and poorly seasoned. The remaining entrees were minimallly seasoned and mediocre at best. For the prices being charged we would expect significantly better. Pedestrian food and very slow service added up to a very disappointing dining experience. Safe to say we will not return.
- Great birthday with friendsluv2dineDined on 3/28/2014Finally! Our friends from Chicago liked our restaurant choice for dinner. They get such great food in Chicago. Plum's exceeded their expectations. And of course, we love it and are familiar with your award winning chef. A real Zionsville gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite dinner datesLorenzoDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I have been dinning at Plum's for years. The food and drink are always of the highest quality. Very romantic setting and atmosphere. We will continue to make this one of the special places we dine at. We always find the service to be excellent, respectful and unobtrusive. We can talk quietly, reminisce, plan, laugh, cry, and just enjoy our company together. It is that kind of place! Thanks Plum's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plum's Continues to DelightBrianDined on 3/22/2014We dined at Plum's for a second time in 3 months, and were again impressed with our experience. The seasonal menu was completely updated since our last visit, adding a desirable element of newness and excitement to ordering. The chicken was as perfectly cooked as it was previously, and the flavor of the local bird was not obscured by heavy handed seasoning. The duck confit was fall of the bone tender and enveloped in exquisitely rendered skin. The one blip in an otherwise 5 star experience was waiting 15 minutes for a bottle of water, but we did receive the water immediately upon asking a second time. Despite that minuscule detraction, we highly recommend Plum's to anybody looking for a memorable dinner in Zionsville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated at a tableCu50Dined on 3/15/2014We were seated at a table that was tilled , I kept thinking that the food would slide off anytime
- Excellent chopsFrequentDinerDined on 3/15/2014Pork chops were one of the best I've ever had. Very moist, thick and perfectly paired. Charming place to eat. Poor ventilation. Pass on the dry lemon tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We gave it a try.MarieDined on 3/15/2014Interesting sorrel soup but the crepes with nettle were way too salty and the sauce and filling weren't compatible to my palate. The steak was tasty, the short ribs a dry. A large drape seemed to be covering a roof leak in the back. Rough interior and noisy. Slow service and the waiter had to go to the kitchen to check on the price of the special.
- Oysters and PearlsFalmitoDined on 3/14/2014The best thing on the menu. One of the best dishes I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014We have been to Plum's upper room four times over the last year. Every visit has been memorable. Delicious entrees, great ambiance and fabulous service. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMarcVIPDined on 3/8/2014The Plum Room is a hidden gem. I just wish every time you go to a web site and when a review says hidden gem it really is. The food here is great, the service is great, the wine was fantastic. I need to go back to sample more!!Special Features:
- Never disappointsMikeDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have spent the last two "date nights" at Plums and the food is tremendous, the ambiance second to none, and the wine list enjoyable and moderately priced. Fresh local ingredients and an adventurous chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily impressedckpcDined on 3/8/2014We were happily impressed with our dining experience here. Lovely ambiance, and good food. I had the beet salad with goat cheese and the duck confit. Both were excellent. My friend had a lobster "Croque Madame" which she was also happy with, though it would have been better to have been served open-faced. As others have mentioned, the fresh bread and special butter were a real treat. Our waiter, Dan, was very friendly and attentive....we really enjoyed him. The only weak point was the slowness of the bar service. Drinks were slow in coming out, and I only ordered a scotch & soda, not something that's hard to make. I would go back and would recommend it to friends. Prices are on the high end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The setting very intimate and cozy. Server has been with restaurant for six months but wasn't that knowledgeable so he defaulted for answers from another server. Was underwhelmed by entrée considering the price. Dinner salad was boring. The stuffed crepes was rather bland. Expensive night and we did not have drinks or appetizer. Had the pork chop and it was on tough side. Still beating myself up we spent the money we did!
- Fabulous!CathyDined on 2/22/2014We so enjoyed our special dinner at Plum's. The food was superb, service was wonderful and the ambience is special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodCAGfoodieDined on 2/15/2014We went on the Saturday after Valentine's Day. When we arrived we were informed that for the Valentine's Day celebration, there was a fixed menu. I had been wanting to try the restaurant, so we stayed after being advised of the limited menu selection. The food was outstanding even though I had hoped to try some of the other items on their regular menu. The service was good, the drink selection and wine list was extensive. Will definitely make another trip to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 EVER !fatboyVIPDined on 2/14/2014I have been to a lot of restaurants in many countries.I laughed about my $250 lunch in Napa Valley until I had a 3 hour €450 lunch in Menton France where the chef just made what he wanted. We went here for Valentines evening and it was in the Top 5 of my all-time best dinners I have ever had! Plum's had a fixed price menu with several choices and it was truly outstanding. The Oysters and Pearls with a tapioca something being the pearls and topped with caviar was a great appetizer.The Lobster Galette main entrée with leeks, shallots,I think, and crispy thin sliced potato pinwheel was unbelievable!The big fabulous airy white ball of love marshmellow like desert in a cream sauce with mint oil finished off a wonderful evening! All gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT atmosphere, but...PacPeteDined on 2/14/2014I am hoping this review will serve as a wake-up call to help this place prosper.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnereatsalotDined on 2/14/2014When we made the reservation there was no ok indication that there was a prefix menu that was $75 a person. This should have been provided by Open Table. Plums Upper Room is not worth $75 a person, not even close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly disappointedMikeVIPDined on 2/14/2014I arrived to find out, at the table, that it was a fixed menu at $75 each. I would not have kept the reservation had that been disclosed up front. The waitress could not answer a single question about the menu. One appetizer was oysters. We asked how many the order included and were told "two." It was a noxious broth with a few pieces of oyster. It was not good. The lobster bisque in a beef base we thought. The lobster main course was just OK and portions were incredibly small. The beef was so tough we had a hard time cutting it with steak knives. We gave up on the beef, took it home and fed it to the dogs. Dessert was tasted and then pushed away by all at the table. Worst meal we have ever had at a restaurant. AVOID, PERIOD.
- First time Plum visitorsrunforfunDined on 2/13/2014We had our first dining experience on 2/13/14 and it exceeded our expectations. The ambiance of the room, the friendly and knowledgeable staff, combined with a very talented chef resulted in a dinner to remember. Look forward to returning. We loved the use of local products as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner SpotEaterDined on 2/8/2014I planned a casual dinner for 12 for my husbands birthday at Plums this past weekend…. we had great food,nice staff and a cool ambience to celebrate this special occasion… i would Highly Recommend as we tried nearly everything on the menu. The dinner specials of monk fish and sorrel soup were delicious and the blood orange martini a nice change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Everything!HappySamplerDined on 2/8/2014We truly enjoyed our evening at Plum's Upper Room. We had fantastic food, paired with excellent service. The Gnocchi was our favorite dish by far ... but don't miss the short ribs, monk fish or the delicious beet salad. We also enjoyed the S'mores Tart and Pumpkin spice ice cream. Our server, Allison, made great recommendations for wine pairings throughout the evening. What a delicious night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I dined hereBripplefoodieDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I dined here for the first time and had a fantastic experience. Our server was friendly and made great suggestions from the menu. I had the filet and my husband ordered the short ribs, his portion size was a bit smaller than we expected but my filet was a bit bigger than anticipated, so sharing our plates worked out well. The tomato soup was excellent but I wouldn't characterize it as the "best I have ever had" which one "Yelp" reviewer stated. The ambience in the restaurant was great and their drink menu was wonderful as well. We will definitely be coming back! One thing I would say is to allot enough time to enjoy yourself since our full dinner experience took almost 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best french food in area!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2014The most delish combination of spices and delectable fresh, French food--they know what they're doing. Excellent!Special Features:
- Phenomenal CusineZionsvilleFoodieVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food at Plum's is absolutely phenomenal! We had the Parisian gnocchi and the Pearls and oysters, both of which were wondrously complex and delicious. This was followed the sea bass prepared with elegance and finese, Prepared exactly to the right temperature. My wife had the crapes with smoking Goose sausages which were equally delicious and beautifully prepared. If this wasn't enough fabulous food, dessert was a house made hazelnut ice cream for me and a chocolate pudding with vanilla sauce for my wife. Oh the chef Jeremiah is setting an entirely new standard for food in Indiana!! I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- A unique, local gemAmandaDined on 1/11/2014I'd heard many great things about Plum's Upper Room, but it wasn't until last weekend that I made it in myself. I went on a Saturday night on a double date, and it was the perfect place! Great, locally sourced food; excellent service; perfect ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in ZionsvillefoodanddrinkDined on 1/11/2014This a perfect restaurant for going with friends or just you and your significant other. Great ambience, great front of the house staff, and food that is perfect. Never had a bad or good meal, only excellent. Hats off to the chef and wait staff. Everything is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTREMELY SLOW SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/10/2014I would not recomend this restaurant. The service is SO SLOW! We waited almost 25 minutes before they even brought us the wine we ordered. The salad was delicious, but when we had waited almost an hour and 10 minutes for our entree, we paid for our wine and salad and left. The waiter never refilled our water and didn't seem to even notice us sitting there for forever without any water. This is the second time we have had bad service at this restaurant, and we will not be giving them a third chance.
- after the snow stormJJINDYDined on 1/10/2014Sea bass excellent and just right amount. Also- beet salad always a winner. Nice, not over-the-top wine list. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service not.MookieDined on 1/10/2014All the food was excellent. The basics of service were lacking--no drinks when the food was served, red wine poured in a used white wine glass, coffee served cold, extra items added to the bill. We will be back because of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.