Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
1200 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.plumedc.com/
- Phone: 2024482300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - :Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
One of the finest restaurants in the capital and a recipient of five stars from Forbes Travel Guide, Plume serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the artistry of our culinary team. Choose a cozy nook or a table by our inviting fireplace as you savor classic dishes expertly executed with lighter, contemporary finishing touches that appeal to today’s enlightened palates. Plume’s wine list spans more than a dozen nationalities and dates back to a rare 1720 Borges Madeira. Among the more than 50 vintages are those Jefferson himself enjoyed in his time as well as newer wines he might select were he alive today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (40)romantic (36)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Exquisite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We were welcomed to the dining experience as soon as we stepped foot into the hotel. The service, the environment, the food, and the wine list -- all were truly wonderful. It was an intimate evening with good friends - where we could easily have a conversation and enjoy our food at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food4mercustVIPDined on 8/6/2014The desserts were the best I have ever had. Especially the pre-dessert. I was sorry that I could not do the tasting menu because I do not eat meat, only fish and vegetables and the server said that could not be accommodated. Other fine restaurants have made such adjustments. The other menu offered me lots of choices, however and my salmon and scallops were wonderful. I felt like there were too many servers but had an unusual experience. I think I wished for a lemon but must have mentioned it quietly to my partner, and voila, one appeared. Now that is service!Special Features:
- Beautiful space - intrusive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014I had dinner at 9pm on a Wednesday. The restaurant was pretty empty. The space itself is nice, but was so empty and the staff was so intrusive, the ambiance was far from ideal. It was quiet, and the food was good. If you're looking for a nice meal, and very private experience, this might be your spot. If you want something a little more lively, there are plenty of other good options in the city. Perhaps it's different for brunch.... but I won't be back.
- Outstanding!SusieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Everything was outstanding! From the excellent and very attentive staff and service, to the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBillWDined on 7/23/2014My second visit this year. As before, a superior dining experience with superlative service. Worthy of any customer dinner or special family occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Words cannot do this restaurant justice... they had everything from a chair for my purse to complimentary pre-dessert AND post-dessert chocolates. The staff was outstanding and I will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:
- Plume is Sophisticated and SpecialGradyDined on 7/16/2014I've dined at Plume several times now and always enjoy it. The food is very good and the wine list impressive. However, it is the beautiful room and lighting that make dining here so special. I highly recommend, especially if you need a meal to impress someone!Special Features:
- Best Fine Dining ExperienceFineDiningTraveller12345Dined on 7/15/2014I cannot overstate just how exquisite this dining experience was. The food was phenomenal, but what made the night was the staff. Talk about professional and accommodating. All of the staff were so kind and knowledgable, it was by far one of the best dining experiences of my life. This is coming from someone to travels around the nation and frequents fine dining estsblishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitdropnhDined on 7/11/2014First visit. Seated in a small area with only one other table which was very romantic. Seated immediately. Staff was very efficient and polite. They kept coming to the table to pour wine or fill the water glasses or ask how was everything. Then our entree was served and everyone disappeared . I wanted a salt cellar but there was no one to ask. Never got it. The portions were typically small. Some of the food was really good, some not so much. A number of unusual taste combinations. It was a very expensive meal. Overall we enjoyed the experience. We will probably go back some day, but not soon.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Special OccationsSummerDinerDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed the wonderful service and atmosphere at Plume. It exceeded expectations without being pretentious or old fashioned. The sommelier was so personable and picked out a fantastic red wine that complemented my dinner. My husband is unable to eat dairy and the menu worked well for him with a small modification to the main course and dessert. The staff was very knowledgeable about the menu ingredients and appropriate substitutions. We would definitely return for a future special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plume so good, and yetTheZmanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Four of us thoroughly enjoyed our first visits to Plume except for one thing. The setting in the wonderful Jefferson Hotel is lovely and very conducive to a romantic dinner or an intimate dinner with wonderful conversation. The wine list is stunning and there are plenty of very good wines at all price points. The service is impeccable, both courteous and helpful. Everyone's food was well conceived, prepared and presented, except for my filet. After excruciatingly detailed instruction, twice, my steak was over-cooked. We all agreed we would go back. I will order the scallops.Special Features:
- Great to experience...if only onceBafflesDined on 6/28/2014Incredible ambiance and an outstanding wait staff. The food is on the unique side but the waiter was full of great recommendations and thoughts about each course to help us chose. The wine list is full of out of this world wines but most are over $750 a bottle which, at least for us, was well outside our price range. Settled for a $150 half bottle of Bordeaux that was good but not perfect. I loved the bison and my date loved the lobster. You certainly will not leave hungry, the number of courses brought are more than filling. Many reviews have raved about the bread but I thought is was good but not to die for. They seated us in an alcove that was quiet, private and perfect.Special Features:
- Not out of the worldwirywizzDined on 6/28/2014The food was good but I expected the wow factor, we both had the tasting menu.Special Features:
- Thank You, Thank You!StLousLouVIPDined on 6/21/2014Though not for the faint of heart from a price perspective, Plume is an evening out that you will remember for a long time! We had the tasting menu with wine paring and were very pleased that we made that decision. The food was creative without being off the wall, the server timed each course perfectly and the wines were inspired! This is a must stop when you are in DC! We are restaurant owners and not easily impressed. This night was very impressive! Thanks for a wonderful meal, great service and spectacular wine! WE WILL BE BACK!!!Special Features:
- Plume at the Jefferson HotelLion26KingVIPDined on 6/18/2014If you want an evening that's really special, come to Plume.Special Features:
- Elegant dininggourmandVIPDined on 6/14/2014It reminded us of dining in the finest restaurants we have eaten in in Paris. Every aspect of the experience was carefully thought out and executed to perfection, starting with the greeting when we walked into the hotel. through the beautiful alcove we sat in, knowledgeable, attentive (without being intrusive) service, and original and extraordinary wines,several courses, and desert to the extra deserts given us in a classy small bag when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She said yes!SimpleEleganceDined on 6/14/2014My girlfriend, now my fiancee is a "DIY Chick" so as I planned the dinner date and came upon this restaurant's website that featured the private romantic for two, it was perfect! We found ourselves marveling at the Victorian era decor and got ideas for the next diy project. Anyway, I digress, back to the dinner...from the moment I made the reservation, I was impressed with the care and concerns about my plan to propose. Although all of my requests couldn't be met (e.g. our favorite song playing as I popped the question), I was presented with a couple of other options that I didn't think of. The ambiance is exquisite. The service is superior. The food selection is impeccable. We're making this our go to fine dining restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Very good food and service. A nice quiet restaurant for reuniting with old friends.Special Features:
- elegantMorrVIPDined on 5/31/2014Elegant room. Fine service and exceptional food. Breast of veal with sweetbreads and gnocchi. An excellent endive salad. Beautiful desserts.Special Features:
- Best dining expereience of my lifemaxmccoyDined on 5/30/2014I'm pretty sure I summed up my experience in the subject, but it was fantastic, not to mention Rudy Guiliani was eating not too far away from us. The $95 pre fix menu gives you the opportunity to experience the wonderful wine list as well. I took a surgeion customer and he said it was "The best meal he's ever had in his life" So hopefully this bodes well for my growing business relationship with him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!joshuadcVIPDined on 5/24/2014The tasting menu was an incredible experience. Our only complaint was that while our children were waiting for us to show up, the waiter offered them what they thought was complimentary champagne. Upon our arrival with our younger son, they offered us champagne which we declined and they offered our underage son some grape juice. They then billed us for a full bottle of champagne and a full bottle of grape juice. We paid for them both but felt like we had been duped! Otherwise the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Highly recommended restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Came here to propose to my girlfriend. They've seated us in a nice private area to dine, and perfect service, great atmosphere, and the amazing food. What else could I have I asked for? Perhaps a yes from my girlfriend upon proposing, which I thank the restaurant for providing me the most romantic atmosphere, I got an yes :)Special Features:
- First ClassPadreDined on 5/23/2014Fantastic cuisine & service. Many thanks for making our 41st Anniversary such a wonderful experience. Mahalo nui loa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 'wow' factor was missing...SsberardDined on 5/21/2014We were really excited to try this place out. The expectations were high (maybe due to the required credit card necessary to make the reservation). The wine selected was wonderful but the food was just 'okay'.Special Features:
- Too many VISITORSLeahTheSBDined on 5/9/2014Though I enjoyed the food very much, their were too many different people coming to the table. One for water, one for bread, one for changing the plates, one just to check on us. It was too much and they came too frequently. If a patron chooses a quiet place in the restaurant assume they want it to be just that. A quiet evening. I could not even get into my conversation the way I wanted to. Over serving DOES NOT equal exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 652 reviews are from the Plume at the Jefferson Hotel reviews archive.
- Over AttentiveNeighborDined on 5/9/2014A small dimly light, classy, and well appointed dining room with about a dozen table and feels like a dozen wait staff. It was difficult to have a relaxing dinner with the wait staff buzzing around the tables multiple times per minute. The staff, as nice as they are, would do better if they stand in corner and observe their customers needs, rather than hover around like bees. Food is of high quality but the fare is somewhat predictable. Dessert were definitely the highlight of the evening. Although the palate cleanser was the best item on the prix fix we had!Special Features:
- wonderful experince.woosieDined on 5/1/2014Dinner was good and wine pairings were perfect. We enjoyed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPlumeDined on 4/26/2014We chose fixed price menu where you get to select an appetizer, entree, & dessert. We had crab risoto & ahi tuni plate for appetizers. Both were fantastic and delicious. The diver scallops came with a side of cauliflower which was very good. The Veal was outstanding that came with wine sauce that I highly recommend. A great surprise came after main entree in what they called pre-dessert which was a chocolate mouse with raspberry sorbet that was just delightful, light, and dreamy. The desserts were good but we were already content from the pre-dessert . The only disappointing dish was at the very beginning with a something called frois de gras or duck liver. But otherwise just an outstanding diner service that would go to again.Special Features:
- Not DissappointedMaryDined on 4/25/2014We went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was everything we expected. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The pace was perfect. The wine was amazing and the food superb. It is definitely a place for a special occasion or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/19/2014A unique and sumptuous menu. The sole was the best anywhere. The ram vichyssoise was disappointing but the only mar on delicious food. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Dining for an ExperienceSunMoonDiningDined on 4/12/2014Plume possesses a definitive elegance and an atmosphere where everyone is dedicated to excellence. From the valet, to the greeting at the door, to the service, to the menu & wine list, nothing is left to chance. The reputation of the restaurant is built on anticipating and fulfilling the needs of each individual diner. Chef Chris Jakubiec has created a superb menu of both traditional favorites and seasonal specials. This particular evening we had a foie gras terrine, an octopus carpaccio, and dover sole that was just flown in. We ended with desserts of chocolates and sorbets. The wine list is massive, but there are "Hidden Gems" nestled within each section. I found a Cheveau Pouilly-Fuissé to be an excellent pairing with the sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyKlapkaDined on 4/8/2014This restaurant aspires to rank with the world's best. It achieves this only in its pricing. We have had the opportunity, just a couple of days later, to compare the kitchen's output with London restaurant with just one Michelin star. The difference was startling. In the simple Amuse Bouche served in London, we found far more complexity and finesse than in any of the dishes we were served in the Plume's Tasting Menu.
- We really enjoyed Plume. TheBobfDined on 4/5/2014We really enjoyed Plume. The food was perfectly prepared, the service was attentive but not intrusive. It was our 30th anniversary which they made special. My wife is gluten free and she was able to enjoy many options. We were really happy with the evening and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andPescatarianDined on 4/4/2014The food was delicious and the portions were more than ample...if a bit over the top. We were in a side room that had a strong draft which we mentioned, but they were never able to address. The first 20 minutes of the dinner were a bit exhausting as we had a continuous line of staff comiing by: one to welcome us, another to tell us who our server would be, our server, and a wine server. All staff were very polite and courteous.Special Features:
- 5 star fine diningMichaelYDined on 3/29/2014Food of high standard, impeccable service with ambience to match. Fine wine list with rare wines available. Would recommend for a special night out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron's Birthday dinnerLoDoggDined on 3/27/2014This was to be a special meal, and boy was it ever! I had arranged for Michael Scaffidi to open a '66 Mouton Rothschild to celebrate Ron's birthday, and not only did he open that wine, but he provided champagne for us to drink, plus a special white wine to pair with my crab risotto. Very memorable indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plume met all expectation!FoodieDined on 3/27/2014"I loved the romantic atmosphere! The food was exceptional and the wine list amazing! I would highly suggest the scallops or filet."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plume is PerfectleniVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had such a sublime evening! My husband and I are "foodies" for many years. We travel the world and find the best restaurants. Plume certainly fits in that category! The food was beautifully presented and exquisitely prepared. we had a wine paring dinner which was very well done. The sommelier was knowledgeable and interesting - he knows his wines! The setting is beautiful - what more can I say except you do have to save up for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWorkingmomDined on 3/4/2014Great service, food was amazing. Lots of it, almost too much food. A great special location. Can't wait to go back, and it was a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel food @ 4x the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2014The setting is elegant and service attentive; however, the food is uninspiring. One expects more effort from the chef given the price!Special Features: