Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
1200 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.plumedc.com/
- Phone: 2024482300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - :Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
One of the finest restaurants in the capital and a recipient of five stars from Forbes Travel Guide, Plume serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the artistry of our culinary team. Choose a cozy nook or a table by our inviting fireplace as you savor classic dishes expertly executed with lighter, contemporary finishing touches that appeal to today’s enlightened palates. Plume’s wine list spans more than a dozen nationalities and dates back to a rare 1720 Borges Madeira. Among the more than 50 vintages are those Jefferson himself enjoyed in his time as well as newer wines he might select were he alive today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (42)romantic (36)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Artistry in actionRobertDined on 10/21/2014I usually avoid restaurants in hotels, but, despite the cost, this one was worth it. On par with the best in the country. The entrees were not too exotic, nor blending of ingredients cutting edge, but the dishes were artistic, ingredients were fresh and flavors and aromas of each ingredient poppingly evident. And, this was not the champagne or wine talking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!notafoodiebutnowwantbeoneDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary here and it was the best meal I've ever had in my entire life. Every bite of every dish was so alarmingly tasty with a combination of flavors that is truly a culinary sensory experience. We went for the prix fixe instead of the tastings menu because I was a little leery of some of the things like sea urchin and pheasant… however, after eating the most amazing meal ever, I would love to go back and taste whatever the chef prepares even if it's something I normally wouldn't eat. The desserts were by far the most unusual and wonderful things I've ever tasted as were every other bite of every other course.Special Features:
- Gourmet experience, start to endJkfuelDined on 10/17/2014Incredible service, food and ambiance - at a high price but worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!dineoutoftenDined on 10/16/2014Without doubt, Plume was one of the best dining experiences that my wife and I have ever had. It is on the order of the grand restaurants of a previous age. Plume excels in every area that every restaurant should excel. Perfect ambiance and decor, perfect service, and absolutely stunning food. We have been fortunate to dine at some of the top restaurants in the United States as well as in England, France, and Italy. Plume is easily in the top three at which we have ever dined.. If you ever want to experience dining as it was intended to be, Plume is the placeSpecial Features:
- Plume at the JeffersongoddessofgoldDined on 10/15/2014The restaurant decor is lovely right down to the silverware. Exceptional service - attentive but not overbearing. Crab risotto was the best dish I ever ate in D.C. There is a lot of food, so don't go unless you are prepared to eat a lot and stay for a long dinner. Choices are only between a fixed price or a tasting menu - no a la carte options. Only complaint - I would have enjoyed some more vegetables with the dinner - sides are not an option. I had the bison entree which was perfectly prepared but came with only teeny tiny bits of vegetables. Would have loved to have had some more veg/sides with the meat or the option of ordering a side. Desserts were spectacular. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Plume Reigns!HilarySDined on 10/10/2014We make a point to spend an evening at Plume every time we visit Washington. From the moment you arrive, the staff showers you with attention and anticipates your every need. From the flowers on the table to the tuffet for your handbag, there is no detail overlooked. The dining room is so quiet and romantic that you forget others are there. The food is incredible; perfectly prepared and artfully presented. Plume is a very rare gem and ranks at the top of our best dining experiences again and again. Cocktails at Quill before dinner are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlumeClifton12VIPDined on 10/9/2014The struggle through DC traffic was worth the delicious dinner we had at Plume. I love the decor and the layout of the restaurant affords privacy. Our server was fantastic! Very helpful in describing the ingredients of the entrees and offered suggestions which were great! The blue crab risotto was perfect as was the lamb. It's impossible to suggest any improvements for Plume!Special Features:
- Special EveningluvgreatfoodDined on 10/7/2014Our experience was exceptional. It made a birthday celebration for my best friend a truly memorable event!Special Features:
- extraordinaryMixedVIPDined on 10/3/2014We chose to spend out wedding anniversary here at Plume this year. Everything was perfect- actually Perfect! i am still framing about the drinks - a Chopin vodka gimlet and a small batch bourbon...the food is delicious, the service is attentive yet not cloying. not to miss- Beef tartare, scallops, Dover Sole, cheese cart and the little truffles they bring you at the conclusion. My husband and i will be back. -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GK27Dined on 10/1/2014We came back to the Jefferson (and Plume) having last visited Washington DC just after the hotel reopened. Plume was great then and it remains so. The service was just as attentive and the food still magnificent. It's great to see that the high standards set on opening have been maintained.Special Features:
- Too many superlatives to note!!!JaketheSnakeDined on 9/27/2014Plume knocked it out of the park on our first visit. Though we have meant to patronize this location for years, we finally made it after some of our all-time favorites closed and the newcomers did not "match up" to our expectations. From the pre-dinner cocktail in the Quill Bar (with outstanding service by Michael), to the end of the evening's meal, everything was perfect. Boone (the m'd) took good care of our every need. Our server, Fakhre, anticipated our every need and each course of the meal was excellent. Can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still First RateDEM126VIPDined on 9/20/2014Plume continues to be a first rate restaurant on all levels. The food and service were top notch. We had the tasting menu with the wine pairing....delicious! The staff was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine. We were celebrating a birthday which they acknowledged! Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- PlumeConventiontravellerDined on 9/16/2014After finding it (no signs), the welcoming was wery warmful. We were placed on sofa, which actually in the begining did not felt comfortably but later you got used to it. Service was fast and very proffessional, litlte bit too serious. Food was great, champange was outstanding. A little disappointment with desert- they try to do many things in it (this goes for all restaurants these days). Overall, best restaurant I visited in my stay in DC. I can highly recommend this. And the color scheme in a restaurant was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat!SuzieDined on 9/13/2014Great service, delicious food, and great ambience. The only available prix-fix/tasting menu options makes it pricey (along with the wine list) but well worth to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:
- One of the best in WashingtondiningdancerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Dining at the Plume is more than just a meal... it's an experience! Everything from the little stool they bring out for your purse, to the spectacular and creative prix fixe menu, stellar wine list, and impeccable service make this the perfect spot for a special occasion. I will definitely be back for the next celebrator dinner!Special Features:
- Elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014Both the food and the service at this excellent restaurant could not have been better. It is hard too find a genuinely elegant, gracious restaurant. Plume is one of the best we have ever discovered. And the wine list is splendid!Special Features:
- Exquisite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We were welcomed to the dining experience as soon as we stepped foot into the hotel. The service, the environment, the food, and the wine list -- all were truly wonderful. It was an intimate evening with good friends - where we could easily have a conversation and enjoy our food at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food4mercustVIPDined on 8/6/2014The desserts were the best I have ever had. Especially the pre-dessert. I was sorry that I could not do the tasting menu because I do not eat meat, only fish and vegetables and the server said that could not be accommodated. Other fine restaurants have made such adjustments. The other menu offered me lots of choices, however and my salmon and scallops were wonderful. I felt like there were too many servers but had an unusual experience. I think I wished for a lemon but must have mentioned it quietly to my partner, and voila, one appeared. Now that is service!Special Features:
- Beautiful space - intrusive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014I had dinner at 9pm on a Wednesday. The restaurant was pretty empty. The space itself is nice, but was so empty and the staff was so intrusive, the ambiance was far from ideal. It was quiet, and the food was good. If you're looking for a nice meal, and very private experience, this might be your spot. If you want something a little more lively, there are plenty of other good options in the city. Perhaps it's different for brunch.... but I won't be back.
- Outstanding!SusieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Everything was outstanding! From the excellent and very attentive staff and service, to the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBillWDined on 7/23/2014My second visit this year. As before, a superior dining experience with superlative service. Worthy of any customer dinner or special family occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Words cannot do this restaurant justice... they had everything from a chair for my purse to complimentary pre-dessert AND post-dessert chocolates. The staff was outstanding and I will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:
- Plume is Sophisticated and SpecialGradyDined on 7/16/2014I've dined at Plume several times now and always enjoy it. The food is very good and the wine list impressive. However, it is the beautiful room and lighting that make dining here so special. I highly recommend, especially if you need a meal to impress someone!Special Features:
- Best Fine Dining ExperienceFineDiningTraveller12345Dined on 7/15/2014I cannot overstate just how exquisite this dining experience was. The food was phenomenal, but what made the night was the staff. Talk about professional and accommodating. All of the staff were so kind and knowledgable, it was by far one of the best dining experiences of my life. This is coming from someone to travels around the nation and frequents fine dining estsblishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitdropnhDined on 7/11/2014First visit. Seated in a small area with only one other table which was very romantic. Seated immediately. Staff was very efficient and polite. They kept coming to the table to pour wine or fill the water glasses or ask how was everything. Then our entree was served and everyone disappeared . I wanted a salt cellar but there was no one to ask. Never got it. The portions were typically small. Some of the food was really good, some not so much. A number of unusual taste combinations. It was a very expensive meal. Overall we enjoyed the experience. We will probably go back some day, but not soon.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Special OccationsSummerDinerDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed the wonderful service and atmosphere at Plume. It exceeded expectations without being pretentious or old fashioned. The sommelier was so personable and picked out a fantastic red wine that complemented my dinner. My husband is unable to eat dairy and the menu worked well for him with a small modification to the main course and dessert. The staff was very knowledgeable about the menu ingredients and appropriate substitutions. We would definitely return for a future special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plume so good, and yetTheZmanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Four of us thoroughly enjoyed our first visits to Plume except for one thing. The setting in the wonderful Jefferson Hotel is lovely and very conducive to a romantic dinner or an intimate dinner with wonderful conversation. The wine list is stunning and there are plenty of very good wines at all price points. The service is impeccable, both courteous and helpful. Everyone's food was well conceived, prepared and presented, except for my filet. After excruciatingly detailed instruction, twice, my steak was over-cooked. We all agreed we would go back. I will order the scallops.Special Features:
- Great to experience...if only onceBafflesDined on 6/28/2014Incredible ambiance and an outstanding wait staff. The food is on the unique side but the waiter was full of great recommendations and thoughts about each course to help us chose. The wine list is full of out of this world wines but most are over $750 a bottle which, at least for us, was well outside our price range. Settled for a $150 half bottle of Bordeaux that was good but not perfect. I loved the bison and my date loved the lobster. You certainly will not leave hungry, the number of courses brought are more than filling. Many reviews have raved about the bread but I thought is was good but not to die for. They seated us in an alcove that was quiet, private and perfect.Special Features:
- Not out of the worldwirywizzDined on 6/28/2014The food was good but I expected the wow factor, we both had the tasting menu.Special Features:
- The following 664 reviews are from the Plume at the Jefferson Hotel reviews archive.
- Thank You, Thank You!StLousLouVIPDined on 6/21/2014Though not for the faint of heart from a price perspective, Plume is an evening out that you will remember for a long time! We had the tasting menu with wine paring and were very pleased that we made that decision. The food was creative without being off the wall, the server timed each course perfectly and the wines were inspired! This is a must stop when you are in DC! We are restaurant owners and not easily impressed. This night was very impressive! Thanks for a wonderful meal, great service and spectacular wine! WE WILL BE BACK!!!Special Features:
- Plume at the Jefferson HotelLion26KingVIPDined on 6/18/2014If you want an evening that's really special, come to Plume.Special Features:
- Elegant dininggourmandVIPDined on 6/14/2014It reminded us of dining in the finest restaurants we have eaten in in Paris. Every aspect of the experience was carefully thought out and executed to perfection, starting with the greeting when we walked into the hotel. through the beautiful alcove we sat in, knowledgeable, attentive (without being intrusive) service, and original and extraordinary wines,several courses, and desert to the extra deserts given us in a classy small bag when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She said yes!SimpleEleganceDined on 6/14/2014My girlfriend, now my fiancee is a "DIY Chick" so as I planned the dinner date and came upon this restaurant's website that featured the private romantic for two, it was perfect! We found ourselves marveling at the Victorian era decor and got ideas for the next diy project. Anyway, I digress, back to the dinner...from the moment I made the reservation, I was impressed with the care and concerns about my plan to propose. Although all of my requests couldn't be met (e.g. our favorite song playing as I popped the question), I was presented with a couple of other options that I didn't think of. The ambiance is exquisite. The service is superior. The food selection is impeccable. We're making this our go to fine dining restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Very good food and service. A nice quiet restaurant for reuniting with old friends.Special Features:
- elegantMorrVIPDined on 5/31/2014Elegant room. Fine service and exceptional food. Breast of veal with sweetbreads and gnocchi. An excellent endive salad. Beautiful desserts.Special Features:
- Best dining expereience of my lifemaxmccoyDined on 5/30/2014I'm pretty sure I summed up my experience in the subject, but it was fantastic, not to mention Rudy Guiliani was eating not too far away from us. The $95 pre fix menu gives you the opportunity to experience the wonderful wine list as well. I took a surgeion customer and he said it was "The best meal he's ever had in his life" So hopefully this bodes well for my growing business relationship with him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!joshuadcVIPDined on 5/24/2014The tasting menu was an incredible experience. Our only complaint was that while our children were waiting for us to show up, the waiter offered them what they thought was complimentary champagne. Upon our arrival with our younger son, they offered us champagne which we declined and they offered our underage son some grape juice. They then billed us for a full bottle of champagne and a full bottle of grape juice. We paid for them both but felt like we had been duped! Otherwise the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Highly recommended restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Came here to propose to my girlfriend. They've seated us in a nice private area to dine, and perfect service, great atmosphere, and the amazing food. What else could I have I asked for? Perhaps a yes from my girlfriend upon proposing, which I thank the restaurant for providing me the most romantic atmosphere, I got an yes :)Special Features:
- First ClassPadreDined on 5/23/2014Fantastic cuisine & service. Many thanks for making our 41st Anniversary such a wonderful experience. Mahalo nui loa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 'wow' factor was missing...SsberardDined on 5/21/2014We were really excited to try this place out. The expectations were high (maybe due to the required credit card necessary to make the reservation). The wine selected was wonderful but the food was just 'okay'.Special Features: