Plum Bar + Restaurant
2216 Broadway Street
Oakland, CA 94612Neighborhood:
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $30 and under
Plum Bar + Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plumbaroakland.com/
- Phone: 5104447586x
- Hours of Operation:
MON-FRI: 11:30 AM-12:00 AM
SAT: 5:00 PM- 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: PB + R is available for private and semi-private events ranging from seated lunches and dinners of 12 - 50 and standing cocktail parties of 15 - 120. Please contact Angela at 415-660-5145, or email@example.com for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Cerreta 4156605145
- Entertainment: Walking distance to the Fox and the Paramount Theaters! Come before or after the show!
- Special Events: Please call to inquire.
A word from Plum Bar + Restaurant
PB+R does modern takes on classic, American food and drink. We make everything we can in our own kitchen — from the components in our handcrafted cocktails to the condiments, buns, and everything in between for our our award-winning PB burger. The Malted, DPG’s signature creamery, makes microbatch, soft-serve desserts for us on the premises. As with all the restaurants in the DPG family, we cook with only the best seasonal ingredients straight from our friends who grow them.Continued
Lunch is served weekdays from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Join us for Happy Hour from 3:00-6:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Lunch is served weekdays from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Join us for Happy Hour from 3:00-6:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Plum Bar + Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Oakland ›
Plum Bar + Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (0)special occasion (0)scenic view (0)great for outdoor dining (0)Show More
- Second visit, and it was asOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/22/2013Second visit, and it was as outstanding as the first. This is a "do not miss" restaurant on the Bay Area food scene.Special Features:
- This was a disappointing mealCtfrankDined on 4/21/2013This was a disappointing meal and dining experience. The prices were high relative to the food quality and quantity. The attitude of the server was haughty and unwelcoming. We will not be revisiting.Special Features:
- A fabulous find for the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2013A fabulous find for the most creative and beautifully presented food I have had since Cyrus closed. In fact the Rock Cod was the most memorable fish I have had in 50 years!I urge everyone who reads this to try this astounding restaurant in revitalized Oakland.Special Features:
- You have to try this place!Eat2liveVIPDined on 4/21/2013We dine out 3-4 times/month usually in SF. It was only because we were attending a show in Oakland that I chose a restaurant there. Plum was a wonderful surprise! The wine list is impressive; cocktails are imaginative and great tasting; appetizers and entrees were innovative and every bite revealed the complexity, interaction and melding of carefully selected ingredients. To round out our enjoyable experience, our server was attentive to getting us out the door to meet our show time schedule.Special Features:
- Ate at the chef's counterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2013Ate at the chef's counter for the first time. The cooks were all very nice in offering recommendations and explanations. New manager in training Russell was very personable and accommodating. A very pleasant evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the dinner -- IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013We enjoyed the dinner -- I had the lamb; my guest had the duck. Service was speedy. Desserts were outstanding. We ate early before the theatre (with a reservation,of course), and the staff accommodated us without prompting.
- Plum is Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/18/2013This place is phenomenal. I sat at the chef's counter with my brother. We had incredible food, wine and service. The chef's were entertaining to watch and brought us special additional plates of food. The ambience was perfect-not stuck up but the food was totally fit for foodies. I will definitely go back. Everyone was so generous and the whole evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Good times. We ate at theOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/13/2013Good times. We ate at the end of the counter overseeing the kitchen staff, much hustle. Great homemade ricotta, fried oysters, lamb shoulder stew. We'll be back when we're in the neighborhood - close to the Fox Theatre.Special Features:
- It's really a lovely placemccalmoVIPDined on 4/12/2013It's really a lovely place for a simple, straightforward meal with excellent food. Not at all pretentious. Excellent wines, and they understand what they are serving. We've been there three times. No complaints!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. TheThisandThatDined on 4/10/2013I love this restaurant. The food is always excellent and the service great.Special Features:
- The Food and Staff Rockskenwyatt44VIPDined on 4/9/2013We were looking for a place to catch an early dinner before heading to the airport hotel when we stumbled upon Plum online. The neighborhood around this restaurant has undergone a makeover which intrigued us to see urban renewal at work. Also, the menu on the website and restaurant photos looked interesting. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived so we had a choice of seats and chose to sit at a bar like area where we could see our food being prepared and talk with the kitchen staff. While our burger and lamb were excellent, we also enjoyed the friendly staff who explained a lot of what they were doing. My guess is that this would not be possible in the middle of a rush but we found it fun anyway.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2013Great food, great service, friendly place. Would recommend it to anyone. May become my Cheers spot in the Bay Area.
- The service was the best partOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013The service was the best part of our Plum meal; it was attentive and professional. At first the music was too loud, but the waiter responded by turning the volume down appropriately. I found the food good, but not outstanding compared to other Oakland restaurant choices. The menu was rather limited and the prices were on the high side. The wood block chairs were hard to move and if you are thin like my guest, beware the wooden banquette with art work at head level, thereby keeping you from leaning against the banquette's back. Sitting for the whole meal on a hard wood surface without a backrest does not promote restful dining. I will not be returning.
- The menu has recently undergoneBDH1VIPDined on 3/31/2013The menu has recently undergone some revisions and they are all for the better. The food was spectacular. Lamb, duck, cauliflower, gnocchi, coconut cake. Every bite of each was amazing. Food lovers go and sit at the open kitchen and watch the magic.Special Features:
- Lovely food but way too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Lovely food but way too noisy. Not much point if conversation is part of what we go out for. We are glad to have tried Plum but won't be backSpecial Features:
- our first visit would definitelyDanceVIPDined on 3/29/2013our first visit would definitely go back, seating could use some improvement. Very hard and not great back support!Special Features:
- A classy thing to do!OlivierDined on 3/28/2013Food great but took a long time for a cocktail to come and it came at the end of the meal- so we didn't drink it and they comped us the drink. That was the classy thing to do.Special Features:
- Great food with interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013Great food with interesting combinations -- never thought I'd like rutabaga soup but it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Plum sat us at the Chef'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Plum sat us at the Chef's counter; my friend and I are a real handful...questioning every plate, dissecting each flavor and finally hearing the chef's input - what a special treat!Pork belly and duck confit spectacular with the local vineyard Zinfandel(Urbana). I was impressed by the perfect lil' pockets of Gnocchi glazed "crisply" on one side sitting in a perfect sauce of peas, pistachio and mint. Yummy! The chocolate tart was the perfect topper to my BIRTHDAY dinner. Thank you Plum!Special Features:
- Plum was amazing! CreativevealparmesanVIPDined on 3/26/2013Plum was amazing! Creative and thoughtfully prepared, each dish was memorable. Pork belly , rye spaetzle appetizers were great. Rock Cod, lamb shoulder, duck confit, and burger were the four entrees devoured at our table.service was attentive but not intrusive. This is a place you will come back to again and again.Special Features:
- Wonderful find! Lovely ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013Wonderful find! Lovely ambiance, surprisingly creative and delightful food. Plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Had a great birthday dinnerDawnVIPDined on 3/23/2013Had a great birthday dinner here. Spaetzle were tender and flavorful with charred cabbage and apple slices, rated one of the best dishes ever by my discerning son. Burger was excellent, juicy and flavorful. Rock cod was cooked perfectly and served with tender fava beans and fennel. Desserts did not disappoint. Serving waiter was excellent though bar was a bit slow and initial glass of wine was turned. Waiter quickly and unquestioningly replaced it. Sit at the "Chef's table" to watch the chefs at work in a smooth dance.Special Features:
- The male host wearing theEricVIPDined on 3/22/2013The male host wearing the sport coat was EXTREMELY RUDE! I doubt I will ever visit again. I was with a client attempting to finalize a deal and I arrive 10 mins late and he completely went off! Please have management contact meSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our waiter. He wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Enjoyed our waiter. He was friendly and had a good sense of humor. Also, I mentioned that our dinning out was in celebration of my wife's birthday. He brought a small dessert with a lite candle. She was thrilled and I thought it was a very thoughtful gesture.Special Features:
- We sat at the bar and it wasoaktownmomDined on 3/20/2013We sat at the bar and it was fun to watch the chefs prepare the dishes. The pork belly dish was outstanding, as was the duck confit. However, the onion risotto was a little bit underwhelming and plain. It really needed something else. But the service was great, and the ambiance was nice, and I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- We had such a great time.maggmaeDined on 3/20/2013We had such a great time. We went on a Wednesday and the two of us sat at the chef's counter and had a front row seat to watch Chef Manfred and his crew. He was incredibly friendly and gracious, answering our questions and making sure we were happy. His enthusiasm and exactitude were fun to watch. It was a good idea for us to get there early-ish (6:30) so that it was quiet enough for us to be able to chat with him. The staff was also incredibly nice and knowledgable. And the food! We ordered 4 appetizers -- the cauliflower, the beef tongue, the spaetzle, and the pork belly. They were all delicious and beautifully presented. The chef also gave us a sample of the rutabaga soup -- what a nice surprise!Special Features:
- A memorable experiencekatilunaDined on 3/19/2013Having dinner at Plum was a wonderful treat. I was greeted very warmly (by a man who I think is probably the owner). I arrived early so went to the Plum bar. The atmosphere is inviting, with gorgeous lighting and a subtle but very interesting decor. I liked the images of incandescent light bulbs behind the bar and the shelves with what appeared to be miniature replicas of science lab equipment. Made me think of scientific discovery, while watching the bartender made me think about alchemy and wizardry. My martini was perfect! Later on, dinner with my friend was also perfect. While some patrons may be unhappy with the small portions, I was delighted with the delicious and beautiful food and great wine. A memorable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful all round, apartRubyRVIPDined on 3/19/2013Wonderful all round, apart from the fact that we had a couple sitting next to us, who spoke VERY loudly! As the tables are so close, it really disrupted the flow of our own conversation. This is something that is not really under the restaurant's control, apart from maybe moving tables further apart.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed and disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Overall experience was very disappointing. I had greater expectations of the food and the quality service. Our waiter was fabulous, the front staff was uncooperative, bordering on the rude.(this was in relation to the overly loud music playing and requests to lower it so that conversation could be easier). Appetiser was very good, entrees were okay. I would say : Overpriced and underwhelming.
- Excellent meal! My fiancéAjm317VIPDined on 3/15/2013Excellent meal! My fiancé brought me for my birthday and it was an absolutely delicious meal. The service was a little uneven, but every dish we had was fantastic, and the cocktails were incredible.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a lovelyJLM1Dined on 3/15/2013My friend and I had a lovely experience at Plum this weekend. We were greeted warmly and provided with some bubbly to ease our short wait while our table was set. Our waiter was attentive and patient, as it took us a while to figure out the game plan...and he looked a little like Robert Downey, Jr., which is always a good thing. We appreciated that he took really great care of us. The food was extremely yummy across all the dishes we ordered. I have been to Plum a few times. The place isn't inexpensive, but I have consistently been served great food. It is one of my Oakland favorites.Special Features:
- Uptown Oakland up-and-comer?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013Tucked away on Broadway in Uptown Oakland, Plum offers inventive dishes and a decent selection of spirits. My wife and I chose the beef tongue carpaccio and winter (rutabaga) soup for appetizers. Both were delicious, but the carpaccio was the standout. For our main courses, we had the halibut and risotto. The halibut, with fingerling potatoes and greens, was somewhat plain and overcooked to the point of dryness over most of the filet. The risotto was cooked to perfection, but was also seasoned somewhat timidly - a little oregano, please? All in all, we enjoyed Plum, perhaps a little less than Camino or Duende or even Chop, but we will certainly return. Overlooking the fish, solid four stars.Special Features:
- Very limited menu. BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/15/2013Very limited menu. Bland Halibut. Unremarkable risotto. Martinis served late and warm. Maybe just a bad night.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2013We had a wonderful experience with Plum. The foot was fantastic (get the spaetzle!), and our seating at the Chet's counter was really fun since we could watch the prep. The menu is small, but everything we ordered was outstanding. We'll definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- A Near Perfect Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2013Fabulous experience from start to finish. Talent + heart + quality. Would enthusiastically recommend Plum - an inspired menu.Special Features:
- Great Food Great Value Great SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2013Outstanding food. Very creative and nicely presented. Sit at the bar for the best experience as the cooks are highly skilled and very friendly. Very high-quality for the price asked but it's a noisy, bustling place. If you're a food freak then Plum is a must-visit.Special Features:
- Really disappointed this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/9/2013I have been to Plum a handful of times, and have had a great experience. This time I was really disappointed. All the food we ordered, which consisted of all the vegetarian options, did not taste good, at all. Some just awful. In addition, the behind the counter staff had really bad energy. What's up with all that? Won't go back.
- The service from Peter, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The service from Peter, our waiter, was impeccable and friendly. He facilitated an alteration to a dish to meet the request of my suddenly-vegetarian pre-teen, and brought me a dessert on the house when he learned it was my 40th birthday. (The white chocolate cheesecake he surprised me with was scrumptious, as was the rye spaetzle appetizer.) He invisibly refreshed silverware, water, and soiled napkins. All of this was the more appreciated, given that my mom died recently and it was a difficult birthday for me without her. THANK YOU, Plum, and especially Peter!Special Features:
- first time at Plum. love thecelebrationVIPDined on 3/6/2013first time at Plum. love the decor, great music but too loud. the gnocchi was very different than other gnocchi i have had, small but great flavors. rhutabaga soup was made with grapefruit added. tasted sweetness and sour. the hearts of palm salad was fabulous. looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way! EvenBronxCrispoVIPDined on 3/6/2013Excellent in every way! Even brought unsolicited an extra dessert, a lovely surprise.Special Features: