222, ave. Mont-Royal E.
Montreal, QC H2T 1P3Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pleinsud-restaurant.com/#!
- Phone: 5145106234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Plein Sud
Evolving with the seasons, Plein Sud welcomes you in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. For your dining pleasure, our table d'hôte reflects a tradition in the south of France: duck, lamb shank, veal with green olives, pissaladière and our homemade desserts. You find a traditional French wine list with very reasonable prices, as well as some select privately imported bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plein Sud reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014This is the second time my wife & I have eaten here. Both times the meals and the service (efficient & friendly) were excellent. The noise level is low, so conversation is easy. Wines list is excellent and 1/2 bottles are also available should you not want to drink too much. My only criticism is that there is no printed menu. The menu is written on a chalkboard on a dimly lit wall and is in french only; very hard to read, unless you get up out of your seat. The owner (waiter) will go over the list with you, but his english is basic, so there's a lot of guess work in ordering. On the other hand, this had made for some interesting meal choices and in a sense hammers home the fact that I'm in another country and I need to be prepared.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Plein Sud reviews archive.
- Plein Sud was greatMusictFantDined on 3/1/2014We will go again. We had a great experience there, enjoyed the food, and the proprietors are very pleasant and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastronomique et chaleureuxOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Agréable soirée, service impeccable, excellents plats: bonne recommandation sur le plateau!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014Very nice restaurant, friendly and quick service, good food. Would go again and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plein SudAnastasiaDined on 11/6/2013Food is fancy but still homey. Place is comfortable and pretty - fireplace, exposed brick wall. chalkboard menu, etc. Amazing desserts. William and Dominique (the owners) are energetic, kind, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice choice of winesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013Really nice choice of wines and the service was impeccable. Those without any French language at all may struggle a bit with ordering, but the waiter seems only too happy to try to muddle through it.Special Features:
- Plein Sud very goodgreasyVIPDined on 8/9/2013Friendly and professional service, tasty original food, original and very good wines selection (at last not the common wine list that you find everywhere).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013What made this meal great was that all aspects of the evening were satisfying. Great food, excellent and personal service, good selection of inexpensive wines, low noise level and pleasant surroundings. What better way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2013Excellent service --- the gentleman who greeted us when we walked in and explained the menu to us was extremely enthusiastic and loved what he was doing. The atmosphere was relaxed, great vibe. Lamb shank and duck maragaret highly recommended.Special Features:
- Une découverte!JeanClaudeVIPDined on 3/30/2013C'est une excellente cuisine "sans chichi et sans flafla" et qui reflète parfaitement aussi bien l'esprit du sud de la France que la cuisine Française en général. C'est une découverte et le rapport qualité/prix est plus qu'excellent. La liste des vins, courte mais équilibrée, offre des vins à des prix raisonnables. Enfin le service est avenant et agréable par les propriétaires eux-mêmes qui se font un plaisir de vous expliquer les plats, et come toute bonne personne du sud, le proprio a de la "jasette". Nous sommes allés de bonne heure donc il est difficile de juger de l'ambiance. Lorsque nous sommes partis des groupes jeunes arrivaient. Mes 4 étoiles vont donc au décor bistro qui cadre bien avec la cuisine. J'y retourne sans hésitationSpecial Features:
- The kind of place that youOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/27/2013The kind of place that you wish was next door to your office and yet you gladly would go over there on a romantic saturday night as well.Special Features: