Pleasant Storage Room
208 W. 4th Street
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Pleasant Storage Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pleasantrumbar.com/
- Phone: 5123229921
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Private Party Contact: Paul Hargrove 5129190770x
A word from Pleasant Storage Room
Pleasant Storage Room is a handcrafted rum cocktail bar specializing in classic and modern interpretations of rum based cocktails and punches. From the kitchen comes PSR’s signature island street food along with a ceviche bar in the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pleasant Storage Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pleasant Storage Room reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (21)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (15)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (7)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- great place!heretostayDined on 10/18/2014The only reason why I gave the service a 4 star was because the host wasn't the greatest at seating us. We had a rezo and it took 15 minutes to get to our table. The table was right by the door and open from the second we walked in. She wasn't the friendliest either. Everything else though was amazing! I love rum and most people don't know about the finer rums. Their knowledge does not go beyond Captain Morgan or Bacardi. Sever people in our group fit in this category and after the rum flights they were pleasantly surprised about how tasty rum is. The ceviche is sooooo good. Very yummy.Special Features:
- When Shrimp Goes Bad...GlobalsurfVIPDined on 10/3/2014Liked the atmosphere and think the concept is great - street food with cocktails. My cocktail was good. We had a sampling of dishes. The empanadas were ok - just generic puff pastry with average fillings. Yucca fries were ok - nothing fancy. We had the special scallop ceviche that consisted of three very small shells on a bed of salt with tiny pieces of scallop - maybe one bite total - $16! The problem with our meal was the slaw to which we added shrimp. The shrimp had gone bad before being grilled. They had been grilled some time before being served so the meat was cold, foul and mushy. One bite and my wife spit it out and we sent it back. We then left to finish our dinner elsewhere. And yes - we still were charged for the bad shrimp!
- Perfect for a 15 person happy hourParrotheadDined on 9/30/2014Great deals, friendly service, authentic Caribbean escape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmesberDined on 9/12/2014Chef Hargrove is a master of layered flavors. This cuban inspired restaurant is a can't miss.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and drinksLizLVIPDined on 8/15/2014We tried many different street food items here, the best being their beef empanadas. Cocktails were outstanding, particularly the punch. The only bad thing was that they seemed to have only one waitress for the entire dining room, and obviously she was a little frazzled. We went right after they opened, so I'm sure the service problems will get worked out, but we did have to wait quite a long time just to get our drink orders taken. But the food and drinks were so good that we'll definitely give it another shot.Special Features:
- Punch was awesomeVisitingSFDined on 8/9/2014Punch and food was really good. Service was kind of slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeHungryRunnerDined on 7/25/2014Great new spot with unique food options. Ceviche was awesome and empanadas were great but best part was the rum punch! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.mldavis89VIPDined on 7/18/2014Something new and different. The food and especially the drinks are amazing. Definitely the hot spot in Austin! Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful drinks!JkloDined on 7/12/2014The drinks were so tasty and fun to try! I loved Einstein on the Beach. The food was too oily, and the ceviche had very little fish in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date spot, fun and differentEaterRachaelDined on 7/12/2014If you are looking for something different for a date or for a group of friends, Pleasant Storage Room is a great option. The food is different than what you'd find at other restaurants around Austin and it's very reasonably priced, making it a great spot for those foodies on a budget. Definite recs: Jerk Chicken, Beef Empanadas, Veggie Empanadas, and Street Corn.Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Pleasant Storage Room was a great date night for me and my fiance. Drinks were fantastics and the food was really good.Special Features:
- Okay but missing a few thingsKerryBVIPDined on 7/1/2014We came for my wife's birthday, service was spotty. Our waitress would take one persons order then walk away, so we couldn't order together. The first time we came we were very impressed with the happy hour. We got 3 pieces of jerk chicken the first time we came (thigh, leg, wing), 2nd time we got a measly wing and leg. The shrimp mojo were literally the driest I have ever tasted. I understand that these are wood grilled, but they need marinade or something. The conch fritters were lackluster, tiny bits of chewy conch. We have had conch before and love it, so we were disappointed. The drinks are tiny, but good. I just hope they don't keep skimping on happy hour, doubt we would return. My wife was so impressed the first time, not this time.Special Features:
- Yum Yum Rum!SenorHubaDined on 6/28/2014What a neat spot...went for pre-show drinks and light dinner and we were blown away. Fun spot, definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ultimate Rum Bar in AustinoliviergVIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent and creative cocktails; you need to try the Cuba Libre on tap. The chef has put a great menu in place that will go well with any drinks you order. Try the jerk chicken and the ceviches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Pleasant Storage Room reviews archive.
- Great for drinks, but skip the foodSusieHLDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere and drinks are great, but the food scored low in my book. I could see us eatig here again if we ever needed a late night snack, but it's doubtful I would return for dinner.Special Features:
- Great idea, mediocre executiontrojanVIPDined on 6/21/2014With high interest in the concept, we made our first visit this week. On the plus side, the menu does have some interesting Cuban dishes and is a very good value - the jerk chicken being the best of the lot and the ceviche not bad. However, the empanadas were doughy and tasteless and the lonster small and very dry. The largely rum based drink menu is ambitious but the "shot glass " size service of mediocre wine for $13 was shockingly inadequate - stay with the rum punch. Net, a good try, and not bad for cheap informal Cuban food - but we were expecting quite a bit more.
- Not a hipster, don't dine hereRedheadReview10Dined on 6/7/2014We were excited to partake in Pleasant Storage Room's summer of rum but alas we are not hipsters, we have no visible tattoos, and we have standards with regard to food health and safety and just general overall food quality and taste. The service was sparse and fake because I pointed out that the runner had put a bag of popcorn on the table then took it away after we told him we didn't order it, signaling that he should review our order with the server. He promptly took the bag away, a food safety no-no, and I saw that same bag go to a table just minutes later. We were pleasant and just looking for a good time with great cocktails and snacks but this place doesn't deserve to be on any Austin Eater lists and I will certainly not be back!
- Pleasant Storage Room IS pleasant1toughladyVIPDined on 5/24/2014This place is more of a rum bar/light bites place, as opposed to a restaurant. But they have small plates of cuban/caribbean inspired street food, and a few large plates like jerk chicken, a classic cuban sandwich,and a burger of beef mixed with chorizo, topped with grilled onions. The mojitos are fantastic; they put a float of Hart Lemon 151 on top, which cuts the usual over-sweetness and creates a real lemon-lime tang. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Very Carribian MenuwhzoutthrDined on 5/18/2014Food you won't find anywhere else in Austin. It's just like being in the BVI.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereTSATXDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant has a really cool ambiance - classic and relaxed. The service was fine, the food was creative and good, and the drinks were very good. I'll have to come back with a party of 4 or more to try the punch bowl service. Apparently it's a TABC thing... The Caribbean/Cuban space is just in time for summer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for drinksRobertinaDined on 5/16/2014With a small wine list and a huge bar list, this restaurant is best for drinks. The Cuban menu is original and the food is fair, but their emphasis is their bar. Their bar tender mixes complex rum concoctions which are probably great but we weren't interested in drinking rum. One of our group was very happy with the Tequila selections. The Cuban music was fine, but way too loud. We were told that the small plates were to share, but in fact it was a little tricky to share some of them. The desserts are fabulous!Special Features:
- Top Caribbean spot in AustinoliviergVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great rum selection, the food is really amazing (try the jerk chicken). The staff know their rum and liquor in general. And they have Cuba Libre on tap!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.