Players On Madison
14523 Madison Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Players On Madison
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.playersonmadison.com/
- Phone: 2162265200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Romano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties can be booked during non-public hours. Semi-private parties are available during normal business hours.
- Private Party Contact: Steve 2162265200
A word from Players On Madison
For over 20 years Players On Madison has been known as the premier restaurant for pizza & pasta. Now, chef Anthony Romano has expanded the menu to include contemporary cuisine in the bistro-style eatery. His creativity is dynamic & reflected in the ever-changing menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Players On Madison - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Players On Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (48)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (31)romantic (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Though Players has been around for a while this was my first visit. It was not let down. Great food and service!Special Features:
- Fool me once, shame on you.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014This was our second visit. The first time we found the food somewhat disappointing. This time wasn't any better. The food had little flavor.Special Features:
- Players on Madison Fine DiningSunnytimesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Exceptional service & delicious meals. The filet & pork tenderloin were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeDRodVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really love this place. We dine out 5-6 nights a week. Love great food, and Players delivers. The only downer......too loud, they need to soften up the acoustics!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014We have been to Players on Madison 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- RecommendationMaverick06Dined on 10/3/2014My guests and I enjoyed our dinners at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyDined on 9/19/2014Louder than I remember at other times. People around us were actually almost yelling at their tables. Food and service were both very good. Beamster salad was so good! Encrusted halibut was delicious! Many positive remarks from our whole party. Only complaint was the noise level that made it hard to talk and hear. Otherwise delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Players on MadisonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014We come here a lot because it is in the neighborhood and so close to our house. The specials are always especially delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed the grouper on our past visit. The wait staff are friendly and helpful in choosing an entree and slow the pace of delivery when asked. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening with FriendsGeneODined on 9/19/2014We have been to Players a few time, notably for a relaxing evening with friends. Food and atmosphere is excellent while the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the evening among friends and did not feel rushed, a great place to go in Lakewood.Special Features:
- Time for a remodelHavinFunDined on 9/17/2014Players has been a favorite for over two decades, but the glaring lighting needs fixed and the place needs a freshening. They haven't spent a dime in 20 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerRWM1906VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Players Saturday night. Our server was attentive, and our entrees were presented beautifully and were delicious. The noise level was a bit too loud for us, but it was a busy Saturday night and we were expecting this. It is much quieter during the week we have found as it is not so crowded. We will be back!Special Features:
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We had a girls night out. Great stmospere, service and excellent foood. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrypbirthdaydinnerDined on 9/5/2014Great service - waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and was great with wine pairings. She made the dining experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night outbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated here birthday on the patio. the menu featured some local fresh greens and some great appetizers. The service was good and the staff very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and food pairings. They were able to recommend several wines that suited both our meals.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at Players a number of times in the past and each time it never seems to fail our expectations. We would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DisapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had been to Players many times year ago but had not been in about 10 years and was excited to celebrate my birthday there once again. Unfortunately it was incredibly disappointing. My husbands dinner came out nearly 20 mins after the rest of the table's food, my dinner was a special and was also incredibly disappointing. My friends ordered a salad that they never received, and when the bill came we were charged for drinks we didn't eve order, a manager never came over to apologize for the delay in the one entree, overall it was just a really bad experience and I will not be returning.
- Dinner experienceHappyDined on 8/23/2014I've been here a couple times now and every time seems better than the last. We sat outside, the weather was perfect and the food was delicious and well prepared.Special Features:
- helenztVIPDined on 8/22/2014We eat here regularly, and usually enjoy everything. Tonight, the crab cakes (which are prepared daily) were not at all good, and we had to send them back. Our waiter came back out and confirmed that we were right and it was totally the fault of the kitchen - so we felt much better. Otherwise everything was delicious, including the halibut, the caprese salad and the special salad with pecans & figs. And, the patio dining is lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lakewood GemBetteBoopDined on 8/22/2014Players has always been a favorite in Lakewood. Upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. Whether you create your own pastas or pizza, do small plates or an entree, you will not be disappointed. Dine on the lovely, secluded patio or take advantage of the great happy hour at the bar!Special Features:
- Saturday on the patioRickDined on 8/9/2014Lucky to get a seat outside on this warm evening. Great as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this just a one time bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Usually very good experience. This time, not so much. Made a reservation and seated promptly. That was only prompt event of the night. Sat for 25 mins before anyone greeted us. Waiter apologized, muttered that it was a very busy, poured water, and turned and walked away. 15 minutes later, different waiter came and said they would now be our server. Took drink order and returned with the drinks 10 mins later. Ordered food. Salads brought out quickly but no bread offered even though other tables served bread. Then we sat and sat and ... 35 min passed and just as we were about to let the staff know that we wanted to pay for our drinks as hunger had passed, the food arrived. pretty good food. Manager graciously bought drinks for troubles.Special Features:
- Ok at bestbwacarr8Dined on 8/9/2014Tried this for the first time on a Saturday night. Service was terrible and took forever. The restaurant ambience was average at best. Food was just ok. Wouldn't go there again on purpose and wouldn't choose it, but also would go back and find something if forced to as part of a group.
- Another great mealJacobyFanDined on 8/8/2014Players is becoming a tradition for my girlfriend's birthday and it's the food that brings us back. As others have posted, sometimes you don't have to bother looking at the menu because the specials are so good and that was the case again this time. Expect a wait if you want a patio seat, otherwise you will be seated immediately. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We started the dinner with a "Summertime" Tuscan Pizzette, followed by the Corn Encrusted Crab Cakes and a Halibut Special. All choices were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and provided excellent service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Lovely spotLillie52Dined on 8/1/2014The patio is delightful.our food excellent. My husband had the Mac and cheese which was delicious and a huge portion..I had the lobster pizzette which was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!JanetVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit here, and we will definitely return. VERY interesting menu choices...appetizers, salads and entrees. Our waiter was knowledgeable and accommodating. The presentation of each item was lovely. Venue very attractive and eclectic. Only caution...very noisy.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceArlenDined on 7/26/2014My husband takes me to Players for my birthday every year and I love it!! They do everything right! The food, the service, the atmosphere, it's just fantastic!! I would recommend this restaurant for all special occasions!! It's top-of-the line without being the least bit stuffy!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food very good but noise level too high. Specifically, had one table that was very loud but noise level still would have been a bit high for our taste. Servers good. Lighting good.Special Features:
- Fit time at Players on MadisonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time at Players on Madison. We had a great meal including the Cavatelli Rustica and a grilled salmon entree. The beet salad was excellent. Enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Noir too. My only complaint was that we were seated toward the back of the restaurant and my view was of the illuminated Exit sign above the door. My dining companion had the better view looking out toward the main restaurant. I will definitely go back again because the food was good, but will try to be seated in more of the main part of the restaurant. The consolation for sitting in the back was that about halfway through our meal Channel 3's Jim Donovan came in and I got to watch him instead of the Exit sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbootleggerDined on 7/16/2014Every thing was great. From the Zucchini blossoms appetizer, the Grouper special and the meatballs. The wine list is also fairly priced and very good all around. The promotion for buying a bottle of wine was an expected surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ChoicespottedoutDined on 7/13/2014Excellent menu, unique and well considered offerings. Not a place for those who want to make substitutions as the menu requests diners not do this. That said, they accommodated food allergies happily and provided such a range of offerings that it was easy for each diner to find many great options. Service was tremendous, every person we encountered was friendly, in good humor, well informed and trained. Highly recommend for an anniversary or other special event.Special Features:
- Fine Dining, Great food!AmyCDined on 7/7/2014We went for the Fixed Price menu of 3 courses, with 25% being donated to a non-profit. The overall service was very good, though our waitress was a little overloaded and therefore slow at times. The support staff were very solicitous and friendly as well. I ordered the Chicken Francais with risotto. My only complaint was that it was on the menu as sweet potato risotto and it came out as sweet pea risotto (it was a misprint) and I hate peas, so had to pick them out. The host was very apologetic. Overall delicious, and my dining partner loved the salmon. The salads were great and the brownies with black raspberry icecream was to die for. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- 3 Course Dinner a Hit!Trader1VicDined on 7/7/2014I along with 2 family members enjoyed a wonderful 3 course set menu this past Monday at Players. The selections were very diverse and delicious and the price was right at $30 per person. We heard about this offering from our church - Old Stone Church on Public Square. And 25% of the proceeds were going to a Christian outreach program. Being a resident of Lakewood it was wonderful to see the restaurant so busy, it has always offered quality food at a fair price. By the way the Happy Hour specials are great and they can pour a proper drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyreelchipDined on 7/5/2014Nice neighborhood spot. They just started a new menu. My date had the chicken, which she wasn't excited about. I had a pizza custom made that was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 690 reviews are from the Players On Madison reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood SpotIntellaCuisineDined on 6/29/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant with creative and well executed food. Nice atmosphere with a really good vibe from the wait staff.Special Features:
- Food and service excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014Specials are so good, you really don't need to look at the regular menu. Once again, a great dining experience!
- One of the best in ClevelandjglazerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Players has become our favorite restaurant in the Cleveland area. Great menu along with your choice to make your own pizza and pasta. Friendly staff and worth the ride.Special Features:
- Father's day dinnerdinnerdinerDined on 6/15/2014Took my dad here for Father's day and we both had great meals and good drinks. Nice size portions, nice patio, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Eveningmhd16Dined on 6/14/2014Players has it all. Wonderful menu, well prepared creative dishes, outstanding waitstaff and front of the house, all packaged in modern elegant decor inside and a one of the city's most beautiful patios outside.Special Features:
- great restaurantdeesDined on 6/13/2014this is a favorite of ours. For an entree I had one of the specials, a strip steak coated with ground pepper and espresso beans, incredible flavor, especially med rare, which is how I ordered it. a memorable dishSpecial Features: