Players On Madison
14523 Madison Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Players On Madison
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.playersonmadison.com/
- Phone: 2162265200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Romano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties can be booked during non-public hours. Semi-private parties are available during normal business hours.
- Private Party Contact: Steve 2162265200
A word from Players On Madison
For over 20 years Players On Madison has been known as the premier restaurant for pizza & pasta. Now, chef Anthony Romano has expanded the menu to include contemporary cuisine in the bistro-style eatery. His creativity is dynamic & reflected in the ever-changing menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Players On Madison - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Players On Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (38)romantic (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Saturday Night DinnerRWM1906VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Players Saturday night. Our server was attentive, and our entrees were presented beautifully and were delicious. The noise level was a bit too loud for us, but it was a busy Saturday night and we were expecting this. It is much quieter during the week we have found as it is not so crowded. We will be back!Special Features:
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We had a girls night out. Great stmospere, service and excellent foood. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrypbirthdaydinnerDined on 9/5/2014Great service - waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and was great with wine pairings. She made the dining experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night outbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated here birthday on the patio. the menu featured some local fresh greens and some great appetizers. The service was good and the staff very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and food pairings. They were able to recommend several wines that suited both our meals.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at Players a number of times in the past and each time it never seems to fail our expectations. We would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DisapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had been to Players many times year ago but had not been in about 10 years and was excited to celebrate my birthday there once again. Unfortunately it was incredibly disappointing. My husbands dinner came out nearly 20 mins after the rest of the table's food, my dinner was a special and was also incredibly disappointing. My friends ordered a salad that they never received, and when the bill came we were charged for drinks we didn't eve order, a manager never came over to apologize for the delay in the one entree, overall it was just a really bad experience and I will not be returning.
- Dinner experienceHappyDined on 8/23/2014I've been here a couple times now and every time seems better than the last. We sat outside, the weather was perfect and the food was delicious and well prepared.Special Features:
- helenztVIPDined on 8/22/2014We eat here regularly, and usually enjoy everything. Tonight, the crab cakes (which are prepared daily) were not at all good, and we had to send them back. Our waiter came back out and confirmed that we were right and it was totally the fault of the kitchen - so we felt much better. Otherwise everything was delicious, including the halibut, the caprese salad and the special salad with pecans & figs. And, the patio dining is lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lakewood GemBetteBoopDined on 8/22/2014Players has always been a favorite in Lakewood. Upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. Whether you create your own pastas or pizza, do small plates or an entree, you will not be disappointed. Dine on the lovely, secluded patio or take advantage of the great happy hour at the bar!Special Features:
- Saturday on the patioRickDined on 8/9/2014Lucky to get a seat outside on this warm evening. Great as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this just a one time bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Usually very good experience. This time, not so much. Made a reservation and seated promptly. That was only prompt event of the night. Sat for 25 mins before anyone greeted us. Waiter apologized, muttered that it was a very busy, poured water, and turned and walked away. 15 minutes later, different waiter came and said they would now be our server. Took drink order and returned with the drinks 10 mins later. Ordered food. Salads brought out quickly but no bread offered even though other tables served bread. Then we sat and sat and ... 35 min passed and just as we were about to let the staff know that we wanted to pay for our drinks as hunger had passed, the food arrived. pretty good food. Manager graciously bought drinks for troubles.Special Features:
- Ok at bestbwacarr8Dined on 8/9/2014Tried this for the first time on a Saturday night. Service was terrible and took forever. The restaurant ambience was average at best. Food was just ok. Wouldn't go there again on purpose and wouldn't choose it, but also would go back and find something if forced to as part of a group.
- Another great mealJacobyFanDined on 8/8/2014Players is becoming a tradition for my girlfriend's birthday and it's the food that brings us back. As others have posted, sometimes you don't have to bother looking at the menu because the specials are so good and that was the case again this time. Expect a wait if you want a patio seat, otherwise you will be seated immediately. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We started the dinner with a "Summertime" Tuscan Pizzette, followed by the Corn Encrusted Crab Cakes and a Halibut Special. All choices were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and provided excellent service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Lovely spotLillie52Dined on 8/1/2014The patio is delightful.our food excellent. My husband had the Mac and cheese which was delicious and a huge portion..I had the lobster pizzette which was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!JanetVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit here, and we will definitely return. VERY interesting menu choices...appetizers, salads and entrees. Our waiter was knowledgeable and accommodating. The presentation of each item was lovely. Venue very attractive and eclectic. Only caution...very noisy.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceArlenDined on 7/26/2014My husband takes me to Players for my birthday every year and I love it!! They do everything right! The food, the service, the atmosphere, it's just fantastic!! I would recommend this restaurant for all special occasions!! It's top-of-the line without being the least bit stuffy!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food very good but noise level too high. Specifically, had one table that was very loud but noise level still would have been a bit high for our taste. Servers good. Lighting good.Special Features:
- Fit time at Players on MadisonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time at Players on Madison. We had a great meal including the Cavatelli Rustica and a grilled salmon entree. The beet salad was excellent. Enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Noir too. My only complaint was that we were seated toward the back of the restaurant and my view was of the illuminated Exit sign above the door. My dining companion had the better view looking out toward the main restaurant. I will definitely go back again because the food was good, but will try to be seated in more of the main part of the restaurant. The consolation for sitting in the back was that about halfway through our meal Channel 3's Jim Donovan came in and I got to watch him instead of the Exit sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbootleggerDined on 7/16/2014Every thing was great. From the Zucchini blossoms appetizer, the Grouper special and the meatballs. The wine list is also fairly priced and very good all around. The promotion for buying a bottle of wine was an expected surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ChoicespottedoutDined on 7/13/2014Excellent menu, unique and well considered offerings. Not a place for those who want to make substitutions as the menu requests diners not do this. That said, they accommodated food allergies happily and provided such a range of offerings that it was easy for each diner to find many great options. Service was tremendous, every person we encountered was friendly, in good humor, well informed and trained. Highly recommend for an anniversary or other special event.Special Features:
- Fine Dining, Great food!AmyCDined on 7/7/2014We went for the Fixed Price menu of 3 courses, with 25% being donated to a non-profit. The overall service was very good, though our waitress was a little overloaded and therefore slow at times. The support staff were very solicitous and friendly as well. I ordered the Chicken Francais with risotto. My only complaint was that it was on the menu as sweet potato risotto and it came out as sweet pea risotto (it was a misprint) and I hate peas, so had to pick them out. The host was very apologetic. Overall delicious, and my dining partner loved the salmon. The salads were great and the brownies with black raspberry icecream was to die for. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- 3 Course Dinner a Hit!Trader1VicDined on 7/7/2014I along with 2 family members enjoyed a wonderful 3 course set menu this past Monday at Players. The selections were very diverse and delicious and the price was right at $30 per person. We heard about this offering from our church - Old Stone Church on Public Square. And 25% of the proceeds were going to a Christian outreach program. Being a resident of Lakewood it was wonderful to see the restaurant so busy, it has always offered quality food at a fair price. By the way the Happy Hour specials are great and they can pour a proper drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyreelchipDined on 7/5/2014Nice neighborhood spot. They just started a new menu. My date had the chicken, which she wasn't excited about. I had a pizza custom made that was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotIntellaCuisineDined on 6/29/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant with creative and well executed food. Nice atmosphere with a really good vibe from the wait staff.Special Features:
- Food and service excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014Specials are so good, you really don't need to look at the regular menu. Once again, a great dining experience!
- One of the best in ClevelandjglazerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Players has become our favorite restaurant in the Cleveland area. Great menu along with your choice to make your own pizza and pasta. Friendly staff and worth the ride.Special Features:
- Father's day dinnerdinnerdinerDined on 6/15/2014Took my dad here for Father's day and we both had great meals and good drinks. Nice size portions, nice patio, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Eveningmhd16Dined on 6/14/2014Players has it all. Wonderful menu, well prepared creative dishes, outstanding waitstaff and front of the house, all packaged in modern elegant decor inside and a one of the city's most beautiful patios outside.Special Features:
- great restaurantdeesDined on 6/13/2014this is a favorite of ours. For an entree I had one of the specials, a strip steak coated with ground pepper and espresso beans, incredible flavor, especially med rare, which is how I ordered it. a memorable dishSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerannieVIPDined on 6/10/2014We celebrated our 25 the anniversary back at this Lakewood gem where we used to go when it was a tiny little place. Our food was wonderful and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- excellent taste blendsgoodpupDined on 6/7/2014The chef has a true gift combing flavors in interesting and delicious ways. The beet salad is chilled with a vinaigrette, toasted pistachios and goat cheese. i cannot believe that I am excited about a beet salad. The smoked mozzarella wrapped in proschuto was served with a fruity chutney. Another excellent combo. My husband got the salmon which came with a ginger lemon grass sauce. Whole meal was delicious. Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- DeliciousRandyDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated a birthday, we had wonderful service and the food was fantastic. A few of our guests couldn't believe they have never heard of Players. But after tasting the food, they were so impressed they are planning on returning with friends. Great job PlayersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday's Farewell DinnerRWM1906VIPDined on 5/27/2014We had a lovely farewell dinner Tuesday evening for my mother's visit who was leaving the next day for her home in the Midwest. Our dinners were excellent and the servers were attentive and prompt. We liked the quiet ambiance of early week dining compared to the much louder atmosphere we experience on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 680 reviews are from the Players On Madison reviews archive.
- Over priced specialRetatiniDined on 5/18/2014I got the goat cheese rav with mushrooms it was ok not great but I never expected it to be $25 it was not a big portion it had no sides and nothing about it said $25 the other pasta dishes where normal prices I guess I should have asked!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMattaDined on 5/18/2014Looking for a restaurant on a Sunday early evening we found this spot via the internet. View is of the busy street on Madison in Lakewood with a brick apartment building across the street. The food was fantastic excellent Pinot Noir from Monterey portions were generous which is unusual with the caliber of the food from the appetizer, entrée, to the dessert. Server was quite pleasant and discreet during the meal. Plan on going back before the end of June to celebrate wedding anniversary.. Only drawback tables are close in dining room so it is possible to hear your neighbors if they are in a loud conversation. Patio in back which we did not see but imagine would be nice on a summer night.Special Features:
- DeliciousKKeatsDined on 5/17/2014My husband got the short ribs which were delicious , and I have the pork chops with applesauce! Their strawberry creme brûlée was also amazing! Our waiter was attentive but not over bearing. I think they may have the best service and good town !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food just slowBTraveler13VIPDined on 5/17/2014Always great food luckily we weren't in a time crunch because again food took for ever to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not this timeDinerDined on 5/17/2014Players has been one of our favorites, but we were disappointed this time. We arrived at 7:00 pm and our entrees arrived at 9:00 pm. Calamarie was not warm nor were dinners. We'll try again but since we brought friends, it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Went on a date for dinner. Service was excellent. Waitress let us take our time ordering and eating. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.