Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa
253 Taylor Road
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whiteoaksresort.com/play.html
- Phone: 9056882032x5777
- Hours of Operation:
Play is closed for Breakfast and Open Monday-Sunday for Lunch and Dinner: 11:00am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa
One of our founding pillars at White Oaks is our belief in living a healthy, well balanced life. Through every facet of our business at White Oaks Resort & Spa we endeavour to improve human performance whether it involves your body, mind, or even your business and career. At PLAY urban café we had the opportunity to provide some classic dishes with a twist of healthy. You’ll see whole grains and whole wheat options as well as new ingredients that enhance old favourites and change them to healthier options. Our Play menu complements your efforts in the gym or on the court all in an urban environment that is interesting and family friendly. While we are serious about healthy living, and providing a healthy menu we’ve had fun putting PLAY together and we do realize that no matter what we put on the menu, there will be some that will still want their “fun food” and heaven forbid, white bread! We encourage you to make Play a regular dining spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spot!spicheDined on 10/17/2014A group of three of us went here for lunch, and were thoroughly impressed. Food was amazing and the service was outstanding. The server was great with my severe gluten intolerance and had recommendations for me even before I asked. I had the pizza fungi and it was amazing (even done with a Gf crust!) Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Went shopping at the outlet mall then went to play for something to eat and a glass of wine. Great menu! Food was excellent, service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening with familyluv2dineDined on 9/28/2014Went out for drinks in the summer in your bar and noticed the servings for when the plates of food would go by and was very in pressed in the portions. That is when we decided to have a family meal planned together and you did not disappoint very good food and everyone was happy. Did n't have room for dessert maybe next time. Thank you again for a lovely evening and it will not be our last.Special Features:
- Local HangoutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Combine good food with classy place and you get a great local hangout for everyday eating or that special occassionSpecial Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Urban cafe has good food and excellent service. After a day of shopping at the outlets across the street. I was a great spot to sit relax and unwindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just okccasuaguestDined on 9/10/2014The service was slow. The food was just ok. Should have been better considering it's across the hall from liv.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicepalliserpaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014While there is no question that the food was very good, what set this place apart was the outstanding service right from the moment we arrived , throughout the very attentive, but not intrusive, serice from our waiter, to the visit by the manager. Well done!
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Don't order the quinoa encrusted chicken strips! Horrible! However, restaurant willingly allowed me to choose another meal. They were very accommodating! Good strawberry daiquiris. Food reasonably priced. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- excellent service and great food.djpagsDined on 7/25/2014group of 5. we had burger, fish and chips, fish tacos and turkey burger. all were amazing! Waiter was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but few gluten-free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/23/2014This place advertised that they had a lot of healthy, gluten-free options so I chose it to accommodate a friend. However, they were still limited. The food and wine were pretty good but not outstanding, and there were some unique offerings which was nice to see. Love that they were kid-friendly and offered healthy options for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Play Urban Cafe- White Oaks Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- AlmeDined on 6/22/2014The steak we ordered was done perfectly and very tender and tasty. The service was pleasant and prompt. The only downfall was the ambience of the restaurant, the menus were tattered and dirty and our table was positioned under a skylight so very bright for dining until the sun went down. We would recommend this restaurant on the food alone though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicestotorotakaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Originally I made a reservation for 6 ppl. 2 hrs before dinner, another 6 ppl wanted to join and I can't find table through open table. We walked to the restaurant and asked for change. The manager was so helpful and let us know that there is still a table for 10 available. The manager was so honest to tell us the table is a bit small and let us decide. We took the table and had dinner there. The server was good and friendly too. The food was a lot better than I expected in hotel. It was a good experience and we had a nice evening on that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long weekend findAntebrabDined on 5/24/2014Service was attentive, but food for me was just ok. I had the mahi mahi and my husband had steak. It was cooked as ordered. We also both enjoyed our dessert. The restaurant offered live music in the lounge area as it was Saturday night. We both enjoyed the music. There was a mix of families and couples. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014Birthday dinner for my husband so good to have kid friendly meals in nice dining environment. Cookies for kids dessert came out of fridge/freezer and taste awful. Chocolate milk was watery. Does offer large portions so we took home most of our adult meals. Health nut salad good but little bland and the added salon ordered to go with it was just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEvM2304VIPDined on 4/26/2014The overall experience at Play Urban was disappointing. The place looks nice and the service is alright, but it started already wrong with the drinks: they were out of mint leaves, so no moijtos. The food was greasy and not very good at all, the fish tacos were definitely not the best in town. Won't go back there...
- Alway great!StuartVIPDined on 3/30/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Play, and as usual Jessica was a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time together,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We had a great time together, group of 7 girls who hadn't seen each other in a long time. We hope we were not too loud for other table guests near by. All said they enjoyed their experience and would return again, good food, customer service and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good Meal!farmerDined on 3/23/2014Reasonably priced, very good food! I will go back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodveganmomDined on 2/9/2014The food was very fresh service was good. They took our order, served us and gave use some time to eat and chat not intrusive.Special Features:
- Great food with a reasonableSpaLoverDined on 2/8/2014Great food with a reasonable prices. A bit noisy from young children in the restaurant. It will be nice if they will offer a 1/2 litre wine selection. We will love to go back to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and Service!spectre0618Dined on 2/2/2014One of the best experiences I've had. Excellent food and service, manager personally visiting each table was a nice touch. Very customer service oriented. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!JMMMRWAWDined on 11/30/2013There was a party of 6... amazing food, fresh ingredients, lots of choice on the menu, service was friendly and professional...prices very reasonable... would go back and recommend Anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always outstandingStuartVIPDined on 10/26/2013Everything was fantastic as usual, our waitress Amanda was great and the personal touches from the hostess and manager were great too.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I just stayedKLowDined on 9/12/2013My boyfriend and I just stayed at the White Oaks hotel this past weekend and we went to Play the first night. Menu and food were perfect for the not too heavy meal we were looking for. I had the Fish Tacos (delicious!), he had a Reuben and we shared a flat bread pizza which they were more than accommodating to split 1/2 my choice and 1/2 his. Also our waitress was extremely helpful in answering questions about the area and made recommendations on what to do. She even went and got a map, flyers and a couple wine tour passes too! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Play was spot onStuartVIPDined on 8/21/2013As always, Play was spot on tonight, can't say enough great things about our favourite server Jessica.Special Features:
- White OaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Urban Play. The food is casual but we'll priced and of a high quality. We started our meal with fish tacos which were nicely spiced. My husband had the turkey burger which he also enjoyed. We appreciated the healthy food options on the menu. The had two drink specials that we also enjoyed. When our waitress discovered that the wine special was no longer available she offered us an upgraded wine for no additional cost.Special Features:
- Surprised by the FOODUnderarmourDined on 7/3/2013Prior to my arrival at the restaurant, I checked out the menu online and my first impression was that the food was more bar food related, meaning lots of deep fried food. When I actually got my order, I was surprised how healthy and natural my meal was made. I ordered the fish tacos and rather than deep frying the fish, it was steamed and then grilled to give it a more smoked flavour. The salad I had was light and refreshing and was not soaked in dressing. My mother ordered the lime mahi mahi dish and it was served over black rice, cooked perfectly and the fish was grilled with lime and cilantro. After our meal, we did not feel overloaded with grease and fat, which was exactly what we wanted for our dinner. Great healthy selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Play Urban Cafechels323Dined on 5/23/2013My friend and I had a wonderful dining experience at Play. Absolutely everything was delicious and the service was knowledgable, attentive and friendly. The price was also very reasonable for the amount of food you were given. I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated my boyfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We celebrated my boyfriend's 50th birthday at Play - and they made it the perfect experience! We were greeted with a glass of champagne on the house to enjoy while we reviewed the menu. Lots of choices for appetizers and main dishes - great variety for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. Our server, Anna, was spectacular and the manager came by a few times to make sure everything met our satisfaction. We moved to the lounge for "special" coffees and were surprised by a small dessert prepared by the chef for the special occasion. I would highly recommend Play for a couples night out or for a larger group wanting to enjoy good food in a casual but upscale environment.Special Features:
- Awesome.UTKmomDined on 3/22/2013Great food and service and value. It was clear that there was quality in the ingredients used. We will definitely return.
- Had another great dinner atStuartVIPDined on 2/22/2013Had another great dinner at Play, the service was exceptional as usual!Special Features:
- Friday night at Play, canStuartVIPDined on 2/15/2013Friday night at Play, can be loud, but never worry about the food or the service! Our server Victoria did an excellent job getting our orders out to us, through the busy crowd tonight and the manager had the staff backing up each other to make sure everything was taken care of!Special Features:
- Outstanding service!!skarjagirlDined on 1/25/2013Services was outstanding. We were celebrating a birthday and they did go out of their way to make it special. Very classy, laid back atmosphere. Perfect place to catch up with friends!!Special Features:
- The menu selection is great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012The menu selection is great, something for everyone. The food was also very flavorful. The service was the only downfall. Our waitress was often missing in action and the appitizers and lunch took a long time to make it to our table. And the bill never made it to the table, I had to approach the hostess to get that straighten out.Special Features:
- Always great service , butStuartVIPDined on 9/7/2012Always great service , but tonight's server, Jessica, was particularly outstanding.
- Nice place to unwind afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Nice place to unwind after a busy day wine tasting.Special Features:
- Ok, a little disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Second time visiting Play and having had a great experience the first time, in March, I returned with sister for our birthdays. It was not busy and yet we had to wait a very long time for our lunch with no bread or anything being brought to the table. The food itself was good, apart from the dessert we ordered (the stuffed ice cream cookie) which was frozen so hard that we could not cut the cookie even after 10 minutes at the table. Also, I had this dessert in March and it had white/dark chocolate on it with a side of cream, a white chocolate wafer and a small amount of fresh fruit. This time the cookie had some whipped cream dumped on top and one strawberry and was not nearly as impressive. Not in a rush to return.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend PLAY URBAN CAFEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012We were three friends meeting for lunch. We were given a lovely table and lots of immediate attention. The menu was a delight. One friend had the hamburger and fries, and though it sounds 'ordinary', wasn't. She enjoyed it very much. The other friend ordered the grilled cheese sandwich and soup of the day. Both absolutely delicious! I had the Tandoori Plate - every bit as good as I've had at an Indian restaurant. I will order this again. Overall, the experience was delightful. (We didn't have room for coffee or desert, but we would have enjoyed something a bit more exciting than that silly green mint, with our bills.)Special Features:
- the place is very casual butnotimpressedDined on 7/25/2012the place is very casual but nice. the food was good and the bar scene was lively. service was ok, not great but better than averageSpecial Features:
- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/21/2012It was just above mediocre, the food was good but not wow. I have no complaints about the service, she was friendly and perfectly attentive.Special Features: