121 Myrtle Blvd
Larchmont, NY 10538Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.platesonthepark.com/
- Phone: (914) 834-1244
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday BBQ Brunch 12:00 - 3:00
Sunday Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Karp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Plates hosts private parties of all natures involving a total or partial buyout of the restaurant or at someone's home or location that we use.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Javurek 9148341244x
- Entertainment: We have a flat screen t.v. to watch sporting events. During dining hours we play a selection of blues, jazz and rock music
A word from Plates
Plates is a neighborhood restaurant offering an exciting and creative farm to table dining experience. From every day, to special occasions, Plates delivers sophistication and excellence in a fun and inspired setting. Join us for a grass fed burger at the bar and a glass of wine from our award winning wine list, or create a culinary adventure with a multi course tasting menu or a la carte dining. Enjoy our informative and professional service in a relaxed environment. We are also a full service caterer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plates reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (16)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- .nickynickyDined on 11/16/2014The food was interesting and not the usual brunch fare. We had a great arctic char that was flavorful and a well seasoned beet sald. The home made donuts and ice cream were a wonderful addition to a delicious and lesurely lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plates just feels perfect.CITYKIDDined on 11/14/2014We have been lucky enough to have been there twice in the last two weeks. The staff make you feel not only welcome, but like they've known you for years. Everything that comet of the kitchen was fun and delicious. The room feels cozy and warm. All four us on both nights were thrilled with the evening. To get it this right on all levels is not easy to do. So well done. we will see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The local Cheers....!CheersDined on 11/13/2014This is that spot where everyone knows your name! It is a perfect mix of great food, great people, in a setting that feels, in a good way, like your own home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 11/11/2014I went to this restaurant on a Tuesday night during Restaurant week. It was quite crowded. The food was interesting and delicious. The restaurant is clean and fresh looking. I was with 2 other women and we all said we would definitely return another time with our spouses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We went there to celebrate our anniversary and enjoyed the whole "experience". We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key lovely findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014This was our first dinner at Plates. It was pleasantly bustling on a Thursday night, but still quiet enough for conversation. Our server, Devin, was attentive and prompt. The food was perfectly prepared we had the duck and pot a feu special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FolgieDined on 10/23/2014Food is delicious and fresh, in more than adequate portions. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy meal at excellent priceSLP18Dined on 10/22/2014We went to Plates on a Wednesday night when it's BYOB. Had the early bird mid week special, any 2 courses for $30. The waiter was accommodating and let us order the fish special because we could not eat the fish on the regular menu.. Each course was yummy and nicely presented. We asked to have the courses staggered, the kitchen's timing was perfect. We had the tuna tartar, excellent, with a guacamole that was crunchy and not your run of the mill guacamole. Next we had the Truffled Pasta dish, again, superb. We finished with the sea bass special. The fish was cooked to perfection, crispy skin with moist fish. All the vegetables served with the fish were done perfectly and added to the dish. Great meal for a great price.Special Features:
- perfectionmamaroneckDined on 10/15/2014We were three, and had raw oyster, pappardelle, duck, trout, and fried chicken dishes. Each of us was extremely happy with our dish. We also split the apple cobbler dessert. (We also shared bites.) We stayed three hours and were in heaven! The food was imaginative and delicious. The service was attentive, helpful, and not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Sunday dinnerorthochickVIPDined on 10/5/2014Plates is fun on Sundays --- their bottomless BBQ is delicious and the vibe is a little lower key.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good was told what we ordered fell on floor!! Ordered a another fish that was over cooked wasnt asked if it was ok. Would probably try the restaurant againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestMsg1VIPDined on 9/25/2014The best restaurant in westchester. Food is awesome and always prepared in an interesting manner..Special Features:
- BBQ nightorthochickVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sunday is terrific at Plates for bottomless BBQ. Brisket, ribs... yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeanneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food and service. They are very amenable to my many food allergies.Special Features:
- Pleasantly suprised !STANZVIPDined on 9/14/2014I had been meaning to trry Plates for years and my wife and I finally did last weekend. I always loved the intimacy of this restauranr even when it was carl's years ago. I was glad to see that it still held it's charm. Food was excellent! Wines were great and service was spot on. Going back this coming weekend.Special Features:
- Delicious, yet brusqueRegularGourmetDined on 9/14/2014As the only diners on a recent visit, we were disappointed to be seated at a table with no windows and very little room to move in and out of our chairs. It seemed like an odd choice yet, since our son was in charge of the evening, neither of the adults chose to intervene to say anything and the hosts language and tone as we were seated were brusque, at best. This is really unusual for what is a marvellous restaurant. The food was very good although the BBQ plate presentation was really not appetizing and, again, out of character for PLATES. I suspect that it was just an off day and hope that our next visit could be more in keeping with the standard PLATES has held for the past 10 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We are with my friend outside. Service was great and professional. Staff was very careful and courteous. They came up few times to check if we need something. Price was very reasonable and I would say below expected. I would definitely recomend this place for nice relaxing lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but priceyThetaSigmaVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have now been to Plates twice. Both times, I very much enjoyed myself. However, be aware that it is a fairly pricey restaurant. (Even the burgers are $18-$20). The service is good, the ambiance is terrific, and the wine was great as well. The only glitches were that a salad ordered with dressing on the side was delivered with dressing already on the salad, and a burger ordered medium showed up medium-rare. Other than that, a great restaurant!Special Features:
- BBQ!orthochickVIPDined on 8/31/2014Came for the Barbecue - each Sunday they have an all-you-want BBQ which is delicious. This week, Chef Karp included some house made sausages.Special Features:
- Great local spotEllenthebDined on 8/28/2014Do not let the small size fool you, the menu is large and innovative and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Msg1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Food is consistently the best in westchester. Great range of food on the menu. Really like having fresh juices for mixed drinks!Special Features:
- Small quaint settingDebbie56Dined on 8/21/2014Food was very good although pricey. Live bands outside during summer months. The restaurant is an old house with history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale Loves PlatesbayheadVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was wonderful Really delicious. We had the scallops and the Halibut. Both were new preparations and they were great. Doughnuts and Ring Ding seemed improved as well! Really GreatSpecial Features:
- Wish it was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Plates has a small menu so it can be difficult to find dishes to order. The waitress was loud and intrusive; she should lower her voice and give diners room to breathe, given the small size of the restaurant My salad was mediocre. My salmon was dry and tasteless, lacking in texture because of the pureed sides. I was looking forward to the wonderful steak ordered on a previous occasion, but sadly that dish is off the menu. It was also cold even though I was wearing a jacket.
- Very nice placedoc1023VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had been here about 5 years ago and had a mediocre experience. We decided to try again and were very pleased. The service had been so-so and now very good. The food was surprisingly good. We will returnSpecial Features:
- The following 388 reviews are from the Plates reviews archive.
- What a Crumble!!!!bayheadVIPDined on 7/1/2014we had a fantastic meal with great service. Delish Burata salad, a lamb deconstruction and to finish an amazing summer fruit crumble. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- xyz123VIPDined on 6/27/2014we hadn't been back to plates since it first open (not for any specific reason- just didn't think about it. i do remember that when i went then, it was extremely noisy), and we had a delicious meal with great service. the restaurant wasn't crowded on this particular evening. only suggestion i have is I like to order 2 apps for dinner, especially in the summer, and there wasn't a great choice of apps for me. the salad i had (i think beet and feta cheese) was delicious and very ample, but there was no other app on the menu that i wanted to order. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just great.SoxsVIPDined on 6/17/2014Took a couple who are moving to Texas for their "last dinner at Plates" and everything was perfect. The food, our friendly waiter, the friendly staff, the wine and of course, the great deserts. A+. Thank you Mathew and staff for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickynickyDined on 6/15/2014As always Plates was a most pleasurable dining experience. The food is excellent for its tasty and interesting presentation. It is always fresh and up to the minute with local ingredients. The tuna tartar, scallops and ice cream cake cannot be beat. There is no finer place for a local yet sophisticated and outstanding dinner in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best Food in town...KathysDined on 6/14/2014This is hands down the BEST restaurant in Larchmont, the food is to die for! The cocktails are delicious :) A+++ The menu is a foodie's dream! Very much a NYC restaurant without the city prices. The attention to detail was superb. Call and make a reservation now!! You will NOT be disappointed :)Special Features:
- plates in larchmontOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014our dinner was in celebration of father's day (father's choice of restaurants). we've been many times and always have a good meal (consistent among all of our party). very nice atmosphere and friendly, helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterFJPRDined on 6/14/2014Friendly and welcoming ambience. Feels like a neighborhood place. Tuna tartare starter was delicious as was the pork chop entrée, but the risotto that came with it was too oily. My wife's meal was similarly patchy. The service was only fair. Our waiter seemed to completely forget about us early on. We will give it another shot but, at the prices on the menu, our expectations are much higher. The jury is still out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Excellent Dining ExperienceLuv2EatDined on 6/8/2014We had a lovely Sunday dinner. The staff was very professional and helpful. We loved the local, organic, farm to table-inspired menu. Everything was fresh and vibrant. The ambience is cozy and quaint. One of us had their duck special that was exquisite and two of us shared a fresh fusilli pasta with meatballs--that was amazing! The kitchen was kind enough to serve the pasta to us already split into two portions. For dessert, we had a special cake donut that was mouth watering. Also nice wine list. Not too crazy expensive. This was our third visit. We definitely plan on returning! There is additional parking across the street in a lot.Special Features:
- Plates is awesome!Love2eatDined on 6/6/2014This was my 2nd visit to Plates. I absolutely LOVE the food, ambience and location. Unfortunately, the waiter we had this time should not have been a waiter at all. He'd be better suited as the car valet. He went missing for long stretches of time quite often. We had to continue asking other waiters to assist us. He was a man of FEW words!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LmontMomVIPDined on 6/6/2014We loved Plates! Great atmosphere, food and they were very patient with our 2 year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEALbayheadVIPDined on 5/27/2014Had some of the best Burata and also homemade pasta. Tried the Burger and it was soooo good and tasty. Wonderful meat and smoky bacon. MMMMMMSpecial Features:
- Wonderful cuisine!Harp28VIPDined on 5/24/2014Perfect for our family celebration! Extraordinary food! My boys absolutely loved the burgers: "best in the world" coming from kids who are international travelers and foodies, you take it as a great compliment. The duck was also fantastic. We will be back again and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteshappydinerDined on 5/23/2014Love coming here! Great farm to table, always interesting specials and a cozy atmosphere. If you love pork chops theirs is outstanding.Special Features:
- mamaroneckDined on 5/21/2014We had oyster appetizers, duck and scallop dishes. The way vegetables are used is always an imaginative and good feature at Plates, as is everything else. My only complaint is the desserts, which never seem appealing enough to order, since I have no particular warm feelings for Oreo cookies or Twinkies or even caramel. I understand that the chef does his own original interpretation of American junk food and sugar dishes like the doughnuts or the "Larchmonster," and I'm grateful to skip the calories, but I wish there were a few interesting choices.Special Features:
- MixedDTravelerDined on 5/11/2014Three of us had dinner on Mothers day. Mom had the scallops & loved them. Dad & son had the BBQ. BBQ flavor was diasapointing. Perhaps the most bland BBQ either of us ever had. The ribs at least had a good smokey tase, but even they could have used more spice. I also had a chilled asparagus soup, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.