121 Myrtle Blvd
Larchmont, NY 10538Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://platesonthepark.com/
- Phone: 9148341244
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Lunch Daily: Tuesday to Friday: 12PM to 3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Karp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Plates hosts private parties of all natures involving a total or partial buyout of the restaurant or at someone's home or location that we use.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Javurek 9148341244
- Entertainment: We have a flat screen t.v. to watch sporting events. During dining hours we play a selection of blues, jazz and rock music
A word from Plates
Plates is a neighborhood restaurant offering an exciting and creative farm to table dining experience. From every day, to special occasions, Plates delivers sophistication and excellence in a fun and inspired setting. Join us for a grass fed burger at the bar and a glass of wine from our award winning wine list, or create a culinary adventure with a multi course tasting menu or a la carte dining. Enjoy our informative and professional service in a relaxed environment. We are also a full service caterer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Plates - Best Restaurants in Larchmont ›
Plates reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (22)romantic (17)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BBQ!orthochickVIPDined on 8/31/2014Came for the Barbecue - each Sunday they have an all-you-want BBQ which is delicious. This week, Chef Karp included some house made sausages.Special Features:
- Great local spotEllenthebDined on 8/28/2014Do not let the small size fool you, the menu is large and innovative and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Msg1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Food is consistently the best in westchester. Great range of food on the menu. Really like having fresh juices for mixed drinks!Special Features:
- Small quaint settingDebbie56Dined on 8/21/2014Food was very good although pricey. Live bands outside during summer months. The restaurant is an old house with history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale Loves PlatesbayheadVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was wonderful Really delicious. We had the scallops and the Halibut. Both were new preparations and they were great. Doughnuts and Ring Ding seemed improved as well! Really GreatSpecial Features:
- Wish it was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Plates has a small menu so it can be difficult to find dishes to order. The waitress was loud and intrusive; she should lower her voice and give diners room to breathe, given the small size of the restaurant My salad was mediocre. My salmon was dry and tasteless, lacking in texture because of the pureed sides. I was looking forward to the wonderful steak ordered on a previous occasion, but sadly that dish is off the menu. It was also cold even though I was wearing a jacket.
- Very nice placedoc1023VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had been here about 5 years ago and had a mediocre experience. We decided to try again and were very pleased. The service had been so-so and now very good. The food was surprisingly good. We will returnSpecial Features:
- What a Crumble!!!!bayheadVIPDined on 7/1/2014we had a fantastic meal with great service. Delish Burata salad, a lamb deconstruction and to finish an amazing summer fruit crumble. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- xyz123VIPDined on 6/27/2014we hadn't been back to plates since it first open (not for any specific reason- just didn't think about it. i do remember that when i went then, it was extremely noisy), and we had a delicious meal with great service. the restaurant wasn't crowded on this particular evening. only suggestion i have is I like to order 2 apps for dinner, especially in the summer, and there wasn't a great choice of apps for me. the salad i had (i think beet and feta cheese) was delicious and very ample, but there was no other app on the menu that i wanted to order. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just great.SoxsVIPDined on 6/17/2014Took a couple who are moving to Texas for their "last dinner at Plates" and everything was perfect. The food, our friendly waiter, the friendly staff, the wine and of course, the great deserts. A+. Thank you Mathew and staff for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickynickyDined on 6/15/2014As always Plates was a most pleasurable dining experience. The food is excellent for its tasty and interesting presentation. It is always fresh and up to the minute with local ingredients. The tuna tartar, scallops and ice cream cake cannot be beat. There is no finer place for a local yet sophisticated and outstanding dinner in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best Food in town...KathysDined on 6/14/2014This is hands down the BEST restaurant in Larchmont, the food is to die for! The cocktails are delicious :) A+++ The menu is a foodie's dream! Very much a NYC restaurant without the city prices. The attention to detail was superb. Call and make a reservation now!! You will NOT be disappointed :)Special Features:
- plates in larchmontOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014our dinner was in celebration of father's day (father's choice of restaurants). we've been many times and always have a good meal (consistent among all of our party). very nice atmosphere and friendly, helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterFJPRDined on 6/14/2014Friendly and welcoming ambience. Feels like a neighborhood place. Tuna tartare starter was delicious as was the pork chop entrée, but the risotto that came with it was too oily. My wife's meal was similarly patchy. The service was only fair. Our waiter seemed to completely forget about us early on. We will give it another shot but, at the prices on the menu, our expectations are much higher. The jury is still out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Excellent Dining ExperienceLuv2EatDined on 6/8/2014We had a lovely Sunday dinner. The staff was very professional and helpful. We loved the local, organic, farm to table-inspired menu. Everything was fresh and vibrant. The ambience is cozy and quaint. One of us had their duck special that was exquisite and two of us shared a fresh fusilli pasta with meatballs--that was amazing! The kitchen was kind enough to serve the pasta to us already split into two portions. For dessert, we had a special cake donut that was mouth watering. Also nice wine list. Not too crazy expensive. This was our third visit. We definitely plan on returning! There is additional parking across the street in a lot.Special Features:
- Plates is awesome!Love2eatDined on 6/6/2014This was my 2nd visit to Plates. I absolutely LOVE the food, ambience and location. Unfortunately, the waiter we had this time should not have been a waiter at all. He'd be better suited as the car valet. He went missing for long stretches of time quite often. We had to continue asking other waiters to assist us. He was a man of FEW words!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LmontMomVIPDined on 6/6/2014We loved Plates! Great atmosphere, food and they were very patient with our 2 year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEALbayheadVIPDined on 5/27/2014Had some of the best Burata and also homemade pasta. Tried the Burger and it was soooo good and tasty. Wonderful meat and smoky bacon. MMMMMMSpecial Features:
- Wonderful cuisine!Harp28VIPDined on 5/24/2014Perfect for our family celebration! Extraordinary food! My boys absolutely loved the burgers: "best in the world" coming from kids who are international travelers and foodies, you take it as a great compliment. The duck was also fantastic. We will be back again and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteshappydinerDined on 5/23/2014Love coming here! Great farm to table, always interesting specials and a cozy atmosphere. If you love pork chops theirs is outstanding.Special Features:
- mamaroneckDined on 5/21/2014We had oyster appetizers, duck and scallop dishes. The way vegetables are used is always an imaginative and good feature at Plates, as is everything else. My only complaint is the desserts, which never seem appealing enough to order, since I have no particular warm feelings for Oreo cookies or Twinkies or even caramel. I understand that the chef does his own original interpretation of American junk food and sugar dishes like the doughnuts or the "Larchmonster," and I'm grateful to skip the calories, but I wish there were a few interesting choices.Special Features:
- MixedDTravelerDined on 5/11/2014Three of us had dinner on Mothers day. Mom had the scallops & loved them. Dad & son had the BBQ. BBQ flavor was diasapointing. Perhaps the most bland BBQ either of us ever had. The ribs at least had a good smokey tase, but even they could have used more spice. I also had a chilled asparagus soup, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed our experience and will be back! The farm to table is wonderful everything is fresh. My entree was a little dry (papardelle with ragu) but otherwise it was very good....recommend the fresh made ricotta crostini with honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamaroneckDined on 5/7/2014We had the oyster and the ramp appetizers and the duck and tuna entrees. Everything was interesting, imaginative, and delicious!! The staff were all welcoming and warm. We love Plates as much as ever! We rarely eat out and are grateful for the no-corkage-fee policy Wednesdays. We took a vacation recently and went to Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA. Plates was as good or better!Special Features:
- The following 371 reviews are from the Plates reviews archive.
- Superb in the suburbsVisitorNYCVIPDined on 4/24/2014It seems impossible but Playes continually gets better and better. Chef Karp is a local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014After a number of modestly pleasant experiences with this restaurant, my last was a disappointment. Service was slow. Numerous requests were made for simple items. Most importantly, I ordered a pasta dish which would normally call for parmesan cheese. The order was taken and the item delivered. When cheese was requested, the server advised that there was no cheese because a delivery had not arrived. No attempt was made to adjust the bill.
- Close to homeTileenDined on 4/5/2014Had such a great experience on Saturday night. Good food, cozy table and warm and friendly service. Such a treat to have it so close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very reliableRonniTVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was our second visit to Plates and it was not as memorable as the first. Part of that was my entree selection, I think. On my first visit I had skate with collard greens. Both were incredible with the collards being the best I ever had outside the South. This time I had the fried chicken. It was very good, but did not compare to the skate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationhln1012Dined on 3/27/2014i was there celebrating a friend's birthday. we had a good table, a friendly server, the food was delicious and they let us linger, despite us being the last guests in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentAttentionPleaseVIPDined on 3/19/2014Have been to Plates a few times and it is never the same service or quality of food. Many times the food does not come to the table hot but lukewarm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight seating quartersstetsonincVIPDined on 3/19/2014I was not too impressed. The service was average at best the seating is very close and the food was average. I will not rush back.
- Hidden GemPucketsDined on 3/18/2014I have lived in the area for over 10 years and biked by this spot many time. A friend recommended I try it and now I am going to have to catch up for all of the years I missed! Fabulous staff and management and an amazing chef with creative ideas. Anyone who loves food should definitely try Plates. Where else can you have a fried cinnamon donut for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!TSfromNRDined on 3/18/2014We went for dinner durning Restaurant Week and had such a delicious dinner and a very good time. I like that it is a small place with not too many tables, Good service. Good food. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total package!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/13/2014All facets of the restaurant are run as well as anything in the greater metropolitan NY area. The blend of service and food is consistent from when you walk in, until you're wished good night when departing. While for me it's truly a local gem; it's worthy of being a destination restaurant should you not live in the greater Larchmont area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week MenufoodiefriendDined on 3/12/2014The menu was interesting, the food was well prepared and fresh, and the staff attentive. Homerun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like it...jdpsmpDined on 3/9/2014We went for the sunday night "bottomless bbq" special. The pulled pork was cold and greasy. Ribs and brisket were too smoky for our taste. Nice large portion size for the first plate out but there was a puddle of grease on the plate. The slaw and beans were excellent. Asked for some bbq sauce on the side. The sauce was like a tangy, thin ketchup. Service was quite good though. The dining room is small and tight as expected. Our kids were welcome. The bar looked nice. I wouldn't recommend the bbq. We might go back to try the regular menu but we're not in a hurry to do that.Special Features:
- Quiet Birthday DinnerOnlygoodfood4meVIPDined on 3/5/2014Was lovely on a Wednesday when they allow no corkage fees. Great service, very good food, great desserts, and it was a treat to bring our own excellent wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night.trotter2Dined on 3/1/2014Friends of ours have been raving for years about Plates and we finally got together and joined them for dinner last Friday. We couldn't have been more delighted. We "get" it now. Plates has a fun, friendly vibe from the minute you walk in the door. Great music, warm accommodating staff and food and wine to be proud of. Glad our friends dragged us up from the city, the Plates experience really made us wish we lived around the corner. Cheers Plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmoshiroDined on 2/28/2014We have been to Plates twice and have had positive experiences both times. This visit we started with the special appetizers, the squid and ramen. I have high standards for ramen and was disappointed, but it just sounded so good on a cold night. The squid was ok, but overpriced for what was served. Our entrees were all delicious. The pork chops, fried chicken, duck and fish were all well seasoned and well cooked. We were much too full for dessert. For a lot of servers, it took a really long time for us to get our order in. After that though, they were attentive. It was a little cold in the restaurant so I would recommend keeping your coat if you get cold easily. Overall i enjoy Plates and will returnSpecial Features:
- The devil's in the detailswm68VIPDined on 2/28/2014Having been here during the last restaurant week and really enjoying it, we went back to celebrate a friend's birthday. I was really disappointed in the experience, and I'm not sure I'll go back. The menu is pricey, and while most of the food was very good, it was somewhat overpriced. The worst part of the experience was the server, who acted like she just didn't care . No apology for getting an order mixed up nor for an extra for the burger never appearing, and while she inquired into why there was an upcharge on that burger, I still think we were overcharged. It was only by $2, but at an upscale place with these prices servers should act very differently. We didn't feel that welcomed so why bother to return?I would recommend this to a friend.