210 East Centre St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.platesbaltimore.com/
- Phone: (443) 453-9139
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Plates Restaurant
Plates is a casual American eatery. We offer all the great taste with a twist! Try our fan favorites: Turkey Burger, Glazed Salmon or the Plates Salad. We also offer daily specials which include our Shrimp Cake, Baked Chicken and much more! For the business community, we feature an Express Lunch. Eat in, carry out or delivery, it will be the most delicious meal you've ever experienced!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plates Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Quite a findtheatergoerDined on 10/22/2014You enter through the athletic club, but don't let that throw you. The food is great and there are daily come-ons, like 1/2 price bottles of wine on Wednesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentaaaaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Made a reservation for 9:15. Arrived to an empty restaurant at 9:15. Was asked if we were staying for drinks. When I said we had a dinner reservation I was told that the kitchen was closed. No one seemed to know that we had a reservation nor did they care. So we had to leave and find dinner elsewhere. We drove 20 minutes from home just to eat here. Major disappointment!
- Extremely slow servicebmoreeaterDined on 9/19/2014We missed our showtime at Centerstage because the food took an HOUR to get to us. So much for advertising as a place for a quick bite before the show. We will absolutely not be returning to this restaurant.
- Perfect pre-theater dining spotshirazDined on 9/12/2014Food is good. Service is friendly. Good wine selection. One block from Center Stage.
- Plates Restaurant Weekluv2dateDined on 8/7/2014I had brunch at Plates twice previously. Menu looked good and all other places I wanted were full. Firstly, food was great. I had the oysters, lamb chops, and death by chocolate cake. My date had corn chowder, crab cakes and cheesecake. Secondly, the aitress was very nice. She apologized profusely for the slowness and even gave me a free glass of wine. It took over an hour to get the meal and then appetizer and entree came together so quickly that one had no time to relax between servings. It was not busy. I would go back since the food was great, but I won't return if the service remains slow.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceMissBoDined on 8/6/2014Christian was our phenomenal waiter who made excellent suggestions. No one in our party was disappointed with any of his recommendations. The food was excellent and the service was even better. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014I <3 those burgers ... such a good deal. Nice people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Plates Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food and great serviceMicheleVIPDined on 5/21/2014I loved the ambience...service and food were great.Special Features:
- Dinner before playMandyDined on 4/24/2014We had an outstanding dinner before a play at Center Stage. Felicia was an amazing server. Great location near the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theatershirazDined on 4/18/2014If you are looking for dinner before the show at Center Stage, Plates is perfect. The food is great and the restaurant is inexpensive, quick, and nearby. We had smoked salmon flatbread, shrimp cakes and the salad with eggplant. All fantastic.
- Great food and friendly serviceMattDined on 4/4/2014I had a great time as always at Plates. The food is fantastic and the service is extraordinary! I highly recommend getting the sangarita to drink. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!PLEASURABLEVIPDined on 3/11/2014Foods and service were wonderful. Piped in music too loud for conversation and business meetings.Special Features:
- Unsuspecting ....LuvdiningDined on 2/23/2014Driving around the block twice, not realizing they shared an entrance with a "gym", my first thought was oh no! What are we in for? But we were pleasantly surprised. They did the best they could for the ambiance...it is after all one big room, if I had any suggestions at all, have someone with funky penmanship to adorn the blackboard wall. It could be done with color and made to look really cool. The food was good- we ordered only a traditional breakfast , but they had a few items (waffles) that sounded really interesting. (Too many "points" for me right lol) But there was plenty of other things I would order on my return. The best part of our brunch was the service. Our server couldn't have been more pleasant or professional. Try it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing I didn't loveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2013The only thing I didn't love about this restaurant was the location - attached to the athletic club! It was cute and delicious but walking through the gym lobby took away from that "out for dinner" feeling. The food and nightly specials make up for it though, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We got the shrimp cakes whichWmgldgVIPDined on 11/27/2013We got the shrimp cakes which were really very good. The service was friendly but lacking somewhat in the attentive category. The server looked up from behind the bar when we arrived but continued with what she was doing vs. greeting us. My entree was served before my salad. When I asked about it it took another 7-8 minutes before it was served. Since we were the ONLY patrons there the service should have been better. But it was 1/2 price nite for wine and we weren't in a hurry so I could be tolerant! It was within walking distance to Center Stage so that was a plus. I would give it another try.Special Features:
- SlowFatboyDined on 9/20/2013Food was good, but took forever to come out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.