Plate Earthy California Cuisine
22601 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Plate Earthy California Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.platemalibu.com/
- Phone: (310) 317-6800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00AM - 11:00AM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - Kitchen closes at 9:00PM last reservation will be at 8:45 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Victor Rosales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do off site catering for small groups to up to 100 people.
A word from Plate Earthy California Cuisine
Plate features a wide array of menu items emphasizing organic and all natural ingredients without sacrificing flavor. We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner seven days a week. we also deliver for free around Malibu for a minimum of $ 50. Our menu ranges from wild caught fishes, to farm raised meats to pizzas and pastas, surely to please everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Plate Earthy California Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Plate Earthy California Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (6)romantic (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We love PlatepetersmgmtDined on 10/18/2014Plate has great service, terrific food, and (nice for us regulars) exciting specials. Whether it is just the two of us, or with friends/family, it's always a fun evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful place, people and food.COB2Dined on 10/13/2014We could not have been more pampered and well fed. We even got a great discussion of the food preparation. We had some great tea, split an appetiser, split a yummy salad, each had a very unique and marvelous entre and followed with a fantastic desert. Well worth it and no "over stuffed" feelings the next day. Perfect !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/28/2014This place was disappointing. The food was very ordinary and overpriced--we left much of it on our plates. The ambiance was also nothing special; inexpensive, uncomfortable chairs in a space that felt a bit like a cafeteria. The lack of customers in the restaurant told the whole story.
- Interesting....AwinrmVIPDined on 9/9/2014... But not special. So-called organic food....very ordinary....prices a little high for what they serve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and flavorfulRegularDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014It has a little something for everyone. Tastefully decorated and simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food under the radarPoggioloDined on 8/22/2014Thanks for a great dinner! Staff is warm and welcoming. Food is very good. I hope more people notice them but at the same time we would like to keep it a secret, hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTravelerDined on 8/13/2014Great menu and wine selection and spotted a movie star at the next table. Great evening.Special Features:
- BigDD8Dined on 8/12/2014My only disappointment about my visit to PLATE is that I didn't start coming here years ago. But … I will make up for lost time & now eat here often. While location is not exactly appealing (on corner of PC Greens Market parking lot,) open the door & glance inside. Small room, nicely laid tables, attractive lighting, & a grown-up feeling. Jorge was our server; he's charming and extremely helpful & really added to the experience. We took a long time poring over the diverse menu--so many great-sounding choices. Kind of menu that allows you to dine out with friends who have divergent likes & dislikes. We tried the caesar & roasted pear salads, hangar steak, margherita pizza, & chicken schnitzel. All were nicely presented & delicious. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom2threeDined on 8/9/2014The service, food and ambiance were absolutely fabulous! Just came across this restaurant by looking at the Open Table site. So glad I found it. It had food choices for everyone - even the Vegan in our party. We will definately be returning!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location,. LocationgastronomeVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's an upscale restaurant in a downscale strip mall location, but that didn't deter many who were there for the food. Ocean view in Malibu.Special Features:
- Gem in Malibulmintz6729Dined on 8/1/2014My girlfriend and I headed to Malibu for a early evening dinner and wanted to dine at a casual restaurant with good food and a view of the ocean. May of the local restaurants have great food and views, but are either extremely expensive or you have to book a reservation weeks in advance. We were told about Plate by a friend. We arrived are were instantly charmed. The restaurant was bright, clean and had a nice vibe and was located on the "Land" side of PCH. Never-the-less, we sat a table with a great view of the water. The service was great and the food was wonderful. I had the chicken schnitzel which was the best I've tasted since my last trip to Germany. Rest assured, we will be returning to Plate in the very near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Plate Earthy California Cuisine reviews archive.
- We LOVE Plate!BOMBAYVIPDined on 7/30/2014Everything about this little gem of a restaurant we love! Keep them busy! ;)Special Features:
- The freshestLicamibowlsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great fresh menu , lunch special is always new and exciting , fish is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLicamibowlsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great healthy food ! Always fresh , great service. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plate GREAT!BOMBAYVIPDined on 7/15/2014We love Plate from ALL staff to the delicious food, always feel WONDERFUL healthy and satisfied after a meal!Special Features:
- Great atmospherefatboyproblems88Dined on 5/26/2014It's hidden in the strip mall but has amazing views of the ocean. I highly recommend anyone who's in the Malibu area stop by. Went for breakfast, great choices great food. They have a juice bar which was interesting and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnaBeanaDined on 5/23/2014Good food, a little pricey but the complimentary small apps was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Plate, a must!BOMBAYVIPDined on 5/16/2014Love this local organic find! We try to hit at least once a week and feel so good after we eat there!Special Features:
- Hidden gem in MalibusuprchargitDined on 5/6/2014This place is not hard to find, but it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it. The food was excellent. I had the Wienerschnitzel, and it more than reminded me of my childhood in Germany (more than I can say for the others I've tried recently...and it's not a German restaurant). Dessert was just as good. Definitely planning to go back to try their other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local foodLicamibowlsVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great food and service , very clean and fresh organic food !Special Features:
- Great dinner experience123eliDined on 4/16/2014My wife and I had early dinner reservations before heading off to Pepperdine for a concert. Wednesday evening there were few other diners so we were able to choose a table with an ocean view (across the highway.) Our waiter was friendly and attentive, without being "too" attentive. We shared the "tower of crab," an appetizer, and a Kale salad with beets and goat cheese. Both were delicious. We shared the evening's special entree, scallops on top of squid ink pasta. Also, delicious. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake. Really luscious. We both appreciated the restaurant's obvious commitment to organic, fresh food and the availability of vegetarian options. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/27/2014Food was beautifully presented and not only delicious but healthy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plate is a NEIGHBORHOOD gem!BOMBAYVIPDined on 2/17/2014We love Plate, and Kat who takes care of everyone as if we are her family! The food is outstanding, delicious, and service always impeccable! Their caesar salad is to die for, and their soups all non-dairy are just amazing, GINGER CARROT, MUSHROOM, ROASTED RED PEPPER, shall I go on? Mouth watering yet?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date with daughterSandyjkVIPDined on 2/11/2014This some-what cozy strip mall cafe was a healthy choice for lunch. We enjoyed our meal choices and had a nice time shopping in the health food grocery store next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very helpful with specialGlutenfreeVIPDined on 12/31/2013Very helpful with special diets. Very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Christmas Eve DinnerGardeniaDined on 12/24/2013Entering the three of us were given a warm cheerful greeting. It was Christmas Eve. The menu was very special for the season and the holidays. One of us chose a halibut dish, one salmon and one a chicken dish filled with excellent vegetables. Our salad was a very healthy one--red and golden beets on kale with feta cheese. Delicious. Chocolate mousse was a wonderful ending. Service was attentive throughout and the holiday decorations were quite beautiful yet understated. We will definitely return and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchBrunchLoverVIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a great brunch and our champagne corkage was comp'ed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Bu has to offer hands down!SaddllpVIPDined on 11/29/2013Our favorite place to eat other than our own kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow ServiceasdfVIPDined on 11/11/2013Food was fine (got one of our orders wrong though) but the service took way too long. We were there for a relaxed lunch, but it took too long for the server to greet us and take our order, then for the order to arrive. Nice spot but I wouldn't go back because of the slow pace of service.
- great Malibu location andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/30/2013great Malibu location and not a "scene" but a focus on really good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on another level!330toSRT8VIPDined on 10/26/2013Plate is really an incredible dining experience. The food was extraordinary as was the service. The decor is also very nice. There was absolutely nothing to complain about. Even the way they served the iced tea was unique.Special Features:
- Nothing specialCaliGirlVIPDined on 9/7/2013Even thought the ingredients were organic and fresh, the dishes were just ok, nothing memorable. The place itself looks like a college cafe overlooking the PCH and having a glance of the ocean. The service was slow. I had to call the waiter twice or three times to box the leftovers and to bring us a check. It's such a small place, yet he did not have time for us.
- Lovely fresh organic food!BOMBAYVIPDined on 8/26/2013We love Plate - wonderful food, great staff and love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013Its fine dining that is also healthy as food are very well prepared with great ingredients. What makes them healthy is food taste great with natural ingredients. Food are not oily or too salty. Just natural and tasty. You can tell the chef, while designing a great tasting food menu kept in mind to keep it healthy as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!BOMBAYVIPDined on 7/30/2013Love everything from the service and food - delicious changing daily soups that are non dairy and wonderful! The food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2013Good place with a nice view. Pretty pricey though, $18 for a tiny little lunch salad. It's a good place to go if you are driving through Malibu.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!NanaVIPDined on 7/7/2013Food was delicious and presented beautifully, service was excellent!!! Amazing kale soup. Cannot think of ways to improve anything !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally PalatableMauigalDined on 6/27/2013It was our first time dining at Plate Earthy and it was some of the best food I have tasted for a dinner meal. We ordered the Seabass and it was to die for as well as our desert. I would defintely recommend this place. Everything came out quick and hot. We had a great waiter as well. It defintely has ambiance and the peace and quiet you want on a date night.Special Features:
- Love PlateBOMBAYVIPDined on 6/26/2013From start to finish, it is an amazing gastronomic event, and their soups are all non-dairy and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently high-quality foodFlitsDined on 6/19/2013My husband and I have been going here for a number of years for lunch. We've had breakfast and dinner here a number of times as well. We brought some guests for dinner and they loved the menu. Service is always top-notch, and if you are looking for a place that uses organic foods this is it. The salads at lunch are great. I think breakfasts are a bit over-priced however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.