7908 Longbeach Blvd.
Harvey Cedars, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plantationrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6094948191x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allan Vanesko
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Plantation will cater events up to 500 guests. Please contact Paul Sabarese.
- Private Party Facilities: Plantation offers several private room accommodations from 10 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Sabarese 6094948191x
A word from Plantation Restaurant
Plantation Restaurant features an adventuresome menu using nature's finest ingredients with an island influence. Presenting the essence of contemporary American cooking, Chef Allan Vanesko has created a succulent array of dishes that will make dining at Plantation a most memorable experience. Tastefully decorated in a South Seas ambience. Plantation also features a full service bar & private rooms for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Plantation Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Harvey Cedars ›
Plantation Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (23)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)hot spot (9)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not terriblemissylrpVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband likes to say "not bad" when he isn't really thrilled w/ his meal. That applies to dinner at the Plantation. My crab cakes were burned on the bottom and were a mushy mess. His pasta dish was ok but nothing special. The problem is it is hit or miss here. Just a few weeks ago,we had dinner here and it was actually good! Unfortunately, it's too uneven to recommend.
- Busy Friday night and it was great!DwayneDined on 8/22/2014I was a bit nervous to go out on LBI on a Friday night but I must say it went well. We were seated at our reserved time on the dot! Our waiter was attentive and food came out a reasonable time for each course. The special Pina Colada Martini was delicious! I had the scallops and they were done perfectly. My husband's steak was a bit overdone but not too bad. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and good food. We will return next year.Special Features:
- But too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014We dined there on Thursday. Very loud at first then not so much after a large table left. Food was very good. Our server was excellent! Very knowledgable as well. Only complaint besides noise level would be prices of wines. Very high for Chardonnays. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went down hillTinyDined on 8/17/2014Plantation used to be much better, the food quality and service this time was not that great. Waitress was very friendly but not good at being a server, she never cleared the table of dirty plates or empty glasses and each course was brought out while dirty plates were on the table. Food was just so so. Not what I expected or have had in the past here. Coconut rice In particular was terrible, all mush, looked like rice pudding. Lots of flies in the restaurant as well.
- PlantationKeifferDined on 8/16/2014What an absolute gem of a restaurant. From the moment we entered, we all felt immediately comfortable to be there. The hostess was extremely accommodating, especially since we arrived a little late due to traffic on LB Blvd. Our waitress was at our table within a few minutes and was very pleasant. The food was outstanding in every way imaginable. From presentation to last bit remaining on the fork. The cocktails are worth the price. A good pour, if you will. We recommend this restaurant to everyone that visits LBI. We know we will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IslandLoverDined on 8/16/2014Fine dining? Perhaps. Just don't come hungry. Though the food is tasty the portions of some items were downright insulting. Noise level is a bit too high and a clear sign for the entrance would be helpful.Special Features:
- Nice Find!juno1117Dined on 8/15/2014We go to LBI every year but rarely go out to dinner. We found this place while coming back from Barnegat but were getting nervous from some of the reviews. I am glad I didn't listen - the food was awesome and the noise level really wasn't bad! We had the scallop appetizer and calamari special. Both delicious! We also had the caesar salad which was great! For dinner my husband and sister had the filet (both cooked perfectly), I had the sea bass (the best!) and my brother in law had the swordfish (he liked it a lot - not my particular favorite but if you like swordfish I am sure you will like this). Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Consistantly good dining experienceC5HHKVIPDined on 8/15/2014Plantation is always on our list of restaurants to visit when we're on LBI. The friendly staff, nice atmosphere and delicious food keep us coming back every year with our family.Special Features:
- Plantation LBICarlDined on 8/14/2014Food was good but not great for such a high price. Table next to us was very loud and there were lots of empty tables yet they sat us right next to them. Not a good choice by hostess. It will be a while before we go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragekatdemDined on 8/13/2014When you go out to dinner on vacation, you want to relax, you want a nice quiet table, which was requested. We were seated near the bar at a table for 2, while in the back corner, still very noisy. When you order you appetizers, dinner and dessert, you would like your meal to take more than 1 hour to complete!!!! They need to work on their timing because we had 7pm reservations, go there about 10 mins early and were out of that place before 8:15, ridiculous. Food was very good, portions are not huge and it is pricey but it's LBI, nothing is inexpensive there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice but pricey.Gogs376Dined on 8/10/2014Food was really good but a bit pricey. The peanut butter explosion dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really loudVillageResidentVIPDined on 8/8/2014An unfortunate combination of poor acoustics and a couple of large, rowdy parties made the noise level on the second floor actually painful. That was a shame because everything we had, from the scallops to the salad special to the ravioli was really, really good. I felt bad for our server who was working very hard but had to deal with noise complaints from several tables. It sounded like a Super Bowl party at a frat house. We would have loved to stay for coffee and dessert but couldn't take the noise. Somebody dimmed the lights, possibly to encourage guests to tone it down but that didn't work. I've been here several times before and never heard it like this. I think that it might be better to come during the week or off season.Special Features:
- should be romantic ends up for kidsalmsostneverdineathomeDined on 8/7/2014The quality of the restaurant has tremendous potential which was lost in the non acoustic atmosphere.....noisy, noisy, noisy....add a truckload of toddlers and you have a romantic dinner quashed. I'm not against children but, really is this a place for a 2yo extravaganza? I guess this isn't the restaurants fault, but maybe toddlers should be designated to a special room?(there are 3 with a bar between two of them) Anyway, the food was pretty good but we really couldn't enjoy it. Maybe you don't mind noise and you have children you'd like to bring. This is the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have stayed on the island for a few years in Brant Beach but last year we stayed in Harvey Cedars. We always look for a new place to eat and saw the Plantation restaurant last year. Before going to an eating establishment, I look at the reviews on line. So, this year we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We had reservations for 5:30 but arrived a little early to have a drink at the bar and relax before being seated for our meal. The food was fantastic and the service could not have been better. We would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Appetizers were highlight. All of our entrees perfect. Atmosphere lovely but it's a bit noisy and more costly than other restaurants in similar categorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningweluvsteakVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a really good dinner - food has improved dramatically over previous times we have gone there. And service and food preparation were very quick. Only negative was that they didn't have a lot for vegetarian's (one person in our group). Also wine list is a bit limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for groups,not for quiet convolovetoeatDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were very good. Portions were ok. noise level was too loud until a large table of 2 families with little kids left and then sound normalized and you could carry on a conversation without having to shout. would not have been happy if there for a romantic dinner. would definitely return with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An island favoriteC5HHKVIPDined on 8/1/2014We've been coming here for years and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THE PLANTATIONSammisMomDined on 7/31/2014It accommodates any type of reason for going there, bar, dinner, lunch....love itSpecial Features:
- Arrive after 7:30 pmFoodsterVIPDined on 7/27/2014Happy hour is very loud at the bar. Hard to hear each other at dinner tables at 7 pm.Special Features:
- DisappointingJillBDined on 7/25/2014The noise level made conversation almost impossible. The waitress rushed our meal so much that we were out in 45 minutes. The appetizers came right after the bread and we were still eating the last of them when our food came. Totally unacceptable. The food seemed to be high quality ingredients that were cooked poorly. The fish was over cooked and the scallops were undercooked. The octopus appetizer had a big mound of potato salad in the middle with 2 little pieces of I edible octopus. I'm not sure what's happened to this place. It used to be good but they failed in all areas this time.Special Features:
- A Must!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014We have been coming to the Plantation for the past 8 years. It is excellent every time we visit. The atmosphere is a perfect tropical feel. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!SabbyandJohnVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great food, great service, can't go wrong with Halcyon!Special Features:
- sangriaguy14Dined on 7/8/2014The white sangria was a big letdown. I've always loved their sangria but they must have changed their recipe and it tasted like club soda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine FareDocsfavoriteDined on 7/7/2014The service was attentive. The atmosphere with a bar centered in the dining area made the noise level at times unfit for a conversation. The food: The scallops were tasty and cooked to perfection. The short ribs serving was ample yet a little too dry. The mushrooms overwhelmed the short ribs. We visit The Plantation when we are on Long Beach Island, and we have had really fine food in the past. It was a Monday evening this year, and Mondays are not always occasions for great dining experiences.Special Features:
- disappointed our second time therepattyS1Dined on 7/4/2014Sorry to say out first time was better ! We wrrr disappointed!Special Features:
- Shore OKFresserVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food OK, service OK. Very loud. Big bar scene. Decent place for north end of LBI. If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Revisionnot2dineDined on 7/3/2014While I panned this place for Easter brunch...I had a very good experience for " girls weekend". July 4. It's fair play that I make that statement. Thank you.Special Features:
- Just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014The food was mediocre and the noise level was fairly high. They have valet parking, but we were told they had run out of spaces. They apologized, but we still had to find our own parking spot.
- We live on lbi and always enjoyLynnVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great bar scene can get a little loud. More pricey than most on the island so only go occasionally but quality is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGolfpixelDined on 6/27/2014A little pricey but the food was fresh and well prepared. I would highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass. Fresh and cooked to perfection. Buzzing bar like atmosphere downstairs and quieter family groups upstairs. Pricey but good fresh ingredientsSpecial Features:
- So glad your original Chef is backChubbyBubbyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our dinner was delicious Took us back to when we first visited Plantation and had excellent Chilean Seabass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our son treated my husband and I to dinner for our birthdays. We were so impressed with our server, Erin; our dinner; and the speed with which our meal was prepared and served. Loved everything Erin recommended, and will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:
- Love this placealiseDined on 6/7/2014As always the food was great. The noise level upstairs is a problem if you plan on holding a conversation (this was due to three large parties)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyeatingDined on 6/7/2014Very positive experience, server greeted us less than a minute after sitting down. All dishes had a great presentation and were very good. We will definitely come back next time we're in LBI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualJandBDined on 6/4/2014Food, drinks, dessert, service, atmosphere...all A+, every visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDinnerwith8Dined on 5/31/2014Dinner was great. Service was excellent. The band was also a lot of fun! Great place for a group! Lots of dancing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs updatinganonymousDined on 5/11/2014Very disappointed. My family of 7 were there for Mothers Day Brunch. My nephew ordered the steak and eggs. The steak was sent back twice. Very poor quality of meat. Should not offer this on the menu. The restaurant is in need of updating. Very musty smell which was an immediate turn off. Will try a different place next time we are in LBI.
- DisappointedBirthdaygirlDined on 5/10/2014We've had dinner here on several occasions that we've enjoyed very much. There's a new menu; several choices looked interesting. The Sea Bass was good; the sea scallops was so so-the risotto it was served on was better than the scallops.The food, however, turned out to be just OK. BUT...the prices on the new menu were not OK (salads $9-12, entrees $29-38). At those prices, the food better be really good. It wasn't...Special Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the Plantation Restaurant reviews archive.
- Food Definitely declining.not2dineDined on 4/20/2014I have been coming down here for years and have lived on season locally for seven years. For Easter brunch, we were actually charged $14.00 for THREE shrimps (appetizer). When we asked the waitress if this was the correct price, she came back with the menu and said "yes. It is. " Then said they were "jumbo shrimp". We all laughed and she agreed they were not. My eggs benedict were where hard boiled. I had to send them back. (which I never do.) When they came back (somewhat better) they were actually cold. I just can't imagine where they had been. My son enjoys the bar scene at night, vibrant sports bar. Great atmosphere at that time for 20 somethings. Hate to have to write this review.Special Features: