Plantation at the Bay
150 Conanicus Ave.
Jamestown, RI 02835Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Plantation at the Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plantationatthebay.com/
- Phone: 4015600060x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 4:00 pm - Close
A la carte Brunch, Lunch and Dinner: Sunday 11:00 - 8:00
CLOSED TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Murillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Plantation at the Bay is the sister restaurant to Plantation Catering. Plantation Catering one of the premiere outside caterers in all of Southern New England. We cater in all of the Mansions and other venues around New England. Please call the office or visit our website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Plantation at the Bay can host anything from a rehearsal dinner, private brunch, cocktail party to an intimate wedding. The possibilities are endless. Please call the office or visit our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda J. Saccoccio 4018464794x
A word from Plantation at the Bay
Plantation at the Bay is the only premier a la cart and private dining restaurant and venue on Jamestown with unbelievable views of the Narragansett Bay! Join us throughout the year for fabulous food and drinks. We offer and array of farm to table menu items with eclectic fare mixed in. Full bar is always available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Plantation at the Bay - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Plantation at the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (29)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (14)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great view and food.Auntieginny49Dined on 10/19/201410 of my family members had brunch there on Sunday. All of us were very pleased with our selections. The view was beautiful and the food was great. Our server, Kelli, was very professional and very friendly. My husband and I just moved to Jamestown and I wanted to try the restaurant myself even after reading some mixed reviews. My 5 sister-in-laws and I had dinner there in September and everyone enjoyed their dinner. We will definitely be returning for both dinner and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lf02835Dined on 10/12/2014Didn't think with a 7:45pm reservation on Sunday of a Holiday weekend that we would be made to feel that we should leave at 9:30pm with lights being turned out and vacuum running. Service was slow (but friendly) for being the only party of 4 to order at that time. Entrees were good especially the cod loins with an ample serving. The coffee after dinner was served cold and clearly had been sitting- it was brought back- not a fresh batch. We are Jamestown summer residents, back for a long weekend had heard that we should try this place and didn't feel like waiting for a place in Newport- not sure we would recommend this to others in the community.
- RecommendedDaveBDined on 9/27/2014I know the summer is almost gone, but sitting out on the porch overlooking the bay, boats and as evening falls, the lights of the Newport Bridge while enjoying a great meal and a glass of wine is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ViewEspo123Dined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent and the price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and delicioussuekushDined on 9/13/2014Really pretty dining room even on a rainy night (you can still see the Newport bridge). The food was delicious and our service for a party of two was fantastic. I noticed, however, that the larger parties around us had to ask for service several times.Special Features:
- Just misses the markjamesVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a caterer owned restaurant and it shows. Many of the dishes feel like a nice catered party ... no real creative chef excitement and all appear they could sit for some time in a warming oven. The wait staff also seems more trained to serve a large wedding and a fine dining restaurant. In our case, two glasses of wine were served with spills visible on the base. When this was pointed out the the waiter, he just off the glass. It would be good for a spur-of-the-moment casual evening except that the prices are surprisingly high for the quality of service and foo.Special Features:
- Gorgeous view, Great foodkcc115VIPDined on 9/1/2014I have to say, given how beautiful the view and location were, I half expected the food to be horrible - more often than not, waterfront dining restaurants trade on the setting and skimp on the food, but we were proven very wrong here. The quality of the food and service was great - not NY perfect, but so much better than some of our other experiences in town. Our waitress was phenomenal though and the combination of service and harborview, really made it a great experience for my group of 8 people. Really impressed.Special Features:
- Looked good going inMontespertoli06Dined on 8/28/2014Wonderful view but after drinks and ordering meal, the service disappeared. When our entrees arrived my salmon was completely overcooked to the point that canned salmon might have been more moist and my entire meal was barely warm. Water glasses ran on empty till our waiter reappeared regarding dessert.Special Features:
- Again and AgainpickyeaterDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was a Godsend to Jamestown diners! I went with my son, his girlfriend, and her parents. Everything was great. The food was excellent! The chicken was moist, the scallops were perfect, and you must must order the chocolate cake! It's huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodArleyDined on 8/14/2014Very attractively and delicious food. Service very pleasant but no very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plantation at the BayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Had requested a table outside. When we arrived we were seated inside with no comment about our request. The food is very good here, although the menu has not changed all summer and there were no specials. The service was below average. When our drinks were served we were immediately asks to order our dinner. We asked for some time. The waiter disappeared for far too long. Once the order was placed, we had to chase down the waiter to ask for simple things like bread, refill on water, opportunity to order wine with dinner, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JESCDined on 8/8/2014Although the setting is really beautiful, our server was too busy, food was not prepared as requested for 3 out of 5 people and we were seated under a speaker where the music was too loud. Our table was also in a path that was too tight, one of us had to move because we were bumped so many times. For the prices you pay here, the entire experience should be great, not just the view.Special Features:
- GafferDined on 8/8/2014Nice place. Great views of Newport across the bay. Food choices- eclectic . Maybe a tad too for my tastes, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening, great food, 10CarolyogaDined on 8/7/2014Thank you Open Table for finding us this magical spot on the water. The food was top quality, service friendly and the views spectacular. The wine list was very good.Special Features:
- WowBrazucaDined on 8/3/2014They were not kidding when they mentioned this beautiful scenic location. Gorgeous views. Food was excellent. We had a great experience at this site.Special Features:
- nomdecenaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Watermelon cucumber soup and beet ravioli appetizers were good. Roast chicken, hangar steak and cod fritters, were done well and tasty. Service was attentive, although marred by credit card machine breakdown that delayed departure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ViewMeghanSDined on 7/23/2014Beautiful spot to sit and look over the bay towards Newport. Food is notably improved with new ownership. Would love to go back!Special Features:
- MemorableChef72Dined on 7/19/2014Took my wife here for an important occasion and had one of the best fine dining meals of my life. I have eaten at some of the world's finest restaurants and would put plantation at the bay is in the top tenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a viewGourmet007VIPDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant located in a neighborhood inn was a pleasant surprise. There was a nice selection of wine, appetizers and entrees on the menu. We started with the raw bar sampler which was served with three different sauces plus Tabasco to spice things up. Our entrees were delicious and nicely presented. Service was excellent and special attention was paid to our gluten-free diets. We dined here before going to the Newport Music Festival for an evening of opera. We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely locationdarla211Dined on 7/12/2014Ambiance is nothing special, but the view is beautiful. Food ranged from very good to just good. Server was very pleasant and attentive enough. Most items on the menu are expensive so we probably would not go there again soon.Special Features:
- Better than everDrDonDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant, in the Bay Voyage Inn in Jamestown, was fairly recently reopened so we tried it on a Friday night. The view, as before, is lovely...the dining room overlooks the East Passage of Narragansett Bay and Newport Harbor. The service was friendly and welcoming. I had the raw bar/seafood sampler which was outstanding...the ceviche was especially delicious. I had the tuna wonton pocket as a main dish and it was great. Our guests were preparing for a half marathon the next day so they had corn soup and the mushroom ravioli which they thoroughly enjoyed. My wife had the brochettes which were lovely. We will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent atmosphere , friendly service & delicious food Be back this week for date night Thank youSpecial Features:
- Unusuall night, honorable staffmswoolDined on 7/5/2014Dinner for 6 - beautiful view of the bay and bridge. Dinner orders were delayed to an extreme. One member did not like her soup and no one checked to confirm her satisfaction. Those who hadn't ordered apps were famished by the time the meals arrived. I chose a soup and 2 appetizers in place of 1 entree. Each dish was delicious, creative, and beautiful: cold melon cucumber soup, yellowfin spring rolls, and beet ravioli (with no pasta, thin beet layers stuffed with cheese). Distinctive in every way. Once the managers came over to apologize, very generous efforts were made to compensate for the difficult evening. We'll have to come back at a quieter time and enjoy. My fabulous food and the managers' kindness are powerful inducements.Special Features:
- DisappointingKafkirkDined on 7/5/2014Appetizers ok but uninspired.Meat was excellent. Desserts ranged from mediocre to indelible. Waitstaff was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealFamilyof4VIPDined on 7/4/2014Staff friendly, accommodated kids nicely, gorgeous view, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you would expectRealfoodieDined on 7/3/2014They advertise as "farm to table" And call themselves a "boutique" restaurant. Sadly, this was a huge disappointment. Food was average at best. Sea food options were farm-raised. Corn was GMO. Server seemed annoyed that I required gluten-free options.Special Features:
- Great local FareJamestownerDined on 7/3/2014Food very good. Had the cod loin and thought it was prepared excellently. Love the sesame crusted tuna appetizer which was not on the menu this evening. Thought the wine list was rather thin with few , if any , French wines ,ie , Chateauneuf du Pape , Italian Piedmont Wines, Barolo, Nebbiolo, and more Pinot Noirs from Russian River Valley in California. The evening was relaxing, ambience outstanding and all in all, a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, tired decorJtownmomDined on 6/28/2014The food was really, really good and all 6 of us enjoyed our meals and drinks. Our waitress was attentive, nice and informative. The part that was lacking was the ambiance. The dining room looks like they didn't change it at all and has the look of a tired hotel banquet room. Something as simple as some new chairs might help. It is too bad the ambiance doesn't match the quality of the food because it would really be a wining combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Plantation at the Bay reviews archive.
- A mixed experience.....KaTeDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is such a gem. Beautiful views, lovely dining room, fabulous food preparation. In order to have repeat business appeal, I would make two suggestions. Attention to ambience (be sure that window boxes next to porch seats are decorated), and a varied menu that includes nightly specials on a regular basis.This is our second visit and the food has been terrific. We'd like to see this restaurant around for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationlilysgardenerDined on 6/6/2014After a bit of a wait when we were seated, which was promptly remedied with the smiling young server's offer of a free round of drinks, we enjoyed everything Plantation at the Bay had to offer. Friendly staff, delicious food and drink, great ambiance and view of the Newport Bridge from my seat-Thank you for making our anniversary a special one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Food - Enough SaidOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/4/2014The waitstaff was friendly. But, the restaurant smelled musty and the food was absolutely terrible. The bread was hard, the flatbread appetizer was basically a frozen DiGiorno's pizza with some basil sprinkled atop, and the vegetables tasted like the well water they were boiled in. The wine list was tiny, and the wine was stale. Despite the lovely scenery, I'm never going back here, unfortunately. It was well overpriced for the quality of food.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGGinny6Dined on 5/24/2014The dining experience was positive the moment we walked in. It was positive, pleasant, warm and cozy. There was a warm flow throughout . Everyone there on the team couldn't do enough for us.. The other customers were just as welcoming. Plantation on the Bay casts a spell on you the moment you walk in... The food was outstanding!!!! We will be back and letting everyone we know how much we enjoyed the experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has it all!PixieVIPDined on 5/23/2014So glad we finally made it to this new addition to the Jamestown dining scene. Friday night we enjoyed the dining room experience and the great waterview with friends. Everyone's meal was delicious and the service was friendly and great. I'm looking forward to trying the tavern venue as well. Though we live in Jamestown, it's well worth the drive over for those who don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hotel foodBridge3Dined on 5/17/2014Great service by Jessica Food tasty and beautifully presented Hostess young and easily thrown when we arrived 45 min early for reservation Did offer us a table ( we were ok with sitting at bar to wait) but seemed unsure, didn't greet us enthusiastically and long allergy note in open table reservation didn't seem to have been shared with server or chef. Regardless experience was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!NewlawyersDadDined on 5/16/2014Had a small celebration for my daughter who, graduated law school that day and wanted to take her and her partner out for a special dinner. Based on reviews in one table as well as their having a reservation available at the time we desired, we tried Plantation on the Bay. The restaurant is located in a mansion converted into a resort overlooking Narraganset Bay and Newport. Unfortunately, the evening turned out to be very stormy and although we could easily see the potential of the view it wasn't too enjoyable for us. However, the friendliness of the staff combined with incredibly attentive service and superb dishes easily made up for the bad weather outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ended up going there forExcellentDined on 2/28/2014We ended up going there for a wine tasting event as part of URI's Big Chill weekend, which unfortunately was held in a room way too small for the number of people attending and no one had the opportunity to move more than 1 foot to even talk to another person. Courtesy of the small availability of food hors d'oeuvres we made reservations to the restaurant for dinner. The food was eclectic and tasty. We had calamari for appetizer which was tasty but on the salty side and everyone at the table liked their dishes. Our only complaint was on the draft that seemed to be coming from some place even though we were not seated close to any doors.Special Features:
- Went to the Thursday nightgreenstDined on 2/27/2014Went to the Thursday night special: 2 dinners for $35 (incl bottle of wine). Had a great steak, my husband had pasta bolognese -- both excellent! Have been before and will go again...also great light bar menu on all other days. Lucky to have Plantation's delicious food though the 'dead' of winter here in Jamestown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightrealdealDined on 2/27/2014Easy to make reservation - enjoyed the food - great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did a fantastic job forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014They did a fantastic job for Valentines day. Their all inclusive specials seemed expensive but we didn't order them. The food and ambiance was excellent.Special Features:
- A good meal in a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first time there and were first impressed by the cozy atmosphere and great view of Narragansett Bay. It was Valentines Day and they had decorations out, including chocolates on each table. There was a good menu and several specials. We saw other friends there who are locals and regulars and they love it. We will definitly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.