67 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6L 3B7Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plankrestobar.ca/
- Phone: 9054651002
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 sm - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gordon Goss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Full catering available through "Catering by Heat"
A word from Plank Restobar
With chef inspired small plates and handcrafted cocktails Plank is a taste of New York City in BronteContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Plank Restobar - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Plank Restobar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (15)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014As always, the oysters and duck poutine were great. The calamari was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK this timeyummyoneDined on 9/27/2014I've gone to Plank many times and have always enjoyed the food. Maybe they were having an "off" night when we went, but I wasn't impressed with the food this time, the chicken meatballs were dry and overcooked and the margherita pizza was just ok, the crust was undercooked and the sauce wasn't anything special, the "crispy" mac and cheese sticks weren't bad, but just bland, even the alfredo sauce that came with it was just ok. This experience wasn't a deal breaker though, we'll go back and try it again and hopefully they will redeem themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...SummerDinerDined on 8/27/2014Too noisy for a business lunch. Because of the small space it is hard to find a quiet tableSpecial Features:
- ginger2Dined on 8/24/2014We were excited about going to Plank from the reviews we read. We were so happy to finish up our dinner and leave! We sat at the window overlooking the harbour (a wonderful view). However as more customers arrived, the whole place was far too crowded and too noisy. We were unable to converse with each other due to the extremely loud music (lousy choices) and the tightness of the tables to each other. One bright spot was our waitress - helpful and efficient. It might be considered a hot spot but not one that we would visit again or recommend. The food choices were unique and interesting, but the lamb ribs should be taken off the menu - too messy and overdone.
- Food great - service iffyAnonDined on 8/19/2014We were seated in bar area. Once wine was ordered, table service seemed to be a bit of an afterthought. Bar tender came over at one point as he realized we were ready to order first round of share-plates. After that, we had to flag wait staff down whenever we needed them. Once we had said that we were finishing up - table was aggressively cleaned off (including reaching across front of people to access napkins etc.). Most quick service all evening was producing the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful tapas type food. The duck poutine was absolutely spectacular! A goodly portion of truly fine tasting food. The bees and other bugs inside the restaurant were a serious nuisance. It might be the season, but if they have to keep the doors open to adequately serve the patio seating, then they should be hanging fly paper around the restaurant and provide complementary doses of OFF to diners. I spoke to my son about this, and he said when he was there the cherry pate attracted a swarm of fruit flies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love PlankChrissyDined on 8/15/2014Great food - with cool menu changes to keep it interesting!Special Features:
- Patio harbour dining.JewelDined on 7/22/2014The Plank Restobar is a good little spot for sitting outside by the harbour and watching sailboats go by. The food and ambiance are pretty good. I would spice up the quinoa dish a bit but other than that, good in comparison to many restaurants out there. Plus the menu is a little different with many tapas options good for sharing with large groups. I would recommend you try it.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceSalonieDined on 7/18/2014took someone's recommendation to visit and had an extraordinary time. The ambiance was fun and lively, set along the waterfront there was plenty to gaze out at. Service was great, not too pushy and the just right amount of attention. Wish they had larger tables outside, to fit 4 of us, but even being inside on a beautiful day being so close to the water we felt like we were outside.Special Features:
- DisappointedMyDiningOutDined on 7/17/2014Last week I had dinner at Plank with a friend. I love the restaurant, it is one of my favs. We had a great server, love him too bits. The other service staff were hopeless. as my friend and I sat and chatted we watched servers come out bearing the laden delicious dishes but had no clue what table to deliver them to...my appetizer came 40 minutes before my friends and they even gave her Dumb Son to someone else! Our Server apologised, which was fine by us but the evening progressed the same way......he did his best but it was evident that no one else knew what they were doing. I adore the group of restaurants of which Plank is one of them. They are run like a fine Swiss watch...this one needs to be rewound!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small-Plates MealBarbDined on 7/16/2014The small plates menu is imaginative. and although I found the Bourbon lamb ribs too sweet for my taste, we enjoyed the 3 dishes we tried. Wait staff was attentive but not pushy. And the view of the harbour is great!Special Features:
- Great waterside eatery!hallsie89Dined on 7/12/2014We were looking for a quaint restaurant with great energy and food...we found it at Plank Restobar. Fun food that us and our kids enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRCRSRDined on 7/7/2014Although we were there on a Monday night, the restaurant was busy. Very glad we had reservations. The food and presentation were absolutely excellent. Service too was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Plank Restobar reviews archive.
- Great food!ChrissyDined on 6/20/2014The food is here is great. Wonderful ambience and love the fact that there's more new selections on the menu every time I return. It's great for almost any occasion and the staff is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Plank visitRNDCSDined on 6/19/2014I heard about this restaurant from a friend in the hospitality industry and indeed she was right. A great spot for some Tapas style delicious bites in a great atmosphere. Initially a bit surprised that the online menu did not match the actual current menu, but the current menu is great as well! (pls update online version!)Special Features:
- Plank in Brontegma1Dined on 6/15/2014We decided to go out for a last minute lunch on Father's Day. We booked a table at Plank for 2:00 when their lunch menu starts. The food was great: oysters were fresh and sauces were homemade, calamari was perfectly cooked, mussels and frites delicious! Portions sizes are very generous (even though they call them "small plates"). It was a beautiful afternoon overlooking the harbour and lake. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful....we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Contemporary Cabin Comfort FoodPlateHobbyistDined on 6/15/2014Specializes in familiar comforting dishes with some creative twists. We ate sunday brunch, found cabin wood interior relaxing yet still bright and busy with open kitchen and adjacent bar. Smaller space feels relaxed even during busy periods. Huevos with fresh tomatillo and smoky chorizo excellent. Proper Breakfast properly large, quality sausage and crispy hash. Cauliflower fritters delightfully crispy with delish if slightly sparse garlic-parm dip. Sliders benefited from melted gruyere, juicy patties. Loved savoury earthy flavour of the Quinoa salad and light dressing on greens. Salmon Salad was satisfying as a main with generous, smoked portion of fish. Eager to return for dinner or try seat on shaded patio opposite lake views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Really enjoyed our first visit for Father's Day breakfast, and will definitely return to try the Tapas menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1BiteVIPDined on 6/15/2014We come here at least once a month and enjoy the variety of food options that Plank offers. I love the fish tacos because of what it potentially can be but they are inconsistent and the taco itself tends to be dry and in this most recent visit, the fish filled only half of the taco. i was going to order the tater tot bravas but I was recommended the duck poutine. It unfortunately fell flat. The duck was in a white gravy that didn't seem to pull out any flavour in the duck and was not at all a good marriage of flavours. The fries themselves were amazing. My only problem was the price of my son's plain pancakes which were three flat "silver-dollar" sized pancakes that came out to be $10!! REALLY? Exorbitant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotablebuongustoDined on 6/14/2014Very pleasant afternoon lunch experience. The service was exceptional, attentive, quick and professional. The ambiance was eclectic country with a great view of the lake/marina. The food was surprisingly very good. The pizza crust was thin and crunchy just the way we like it.The duck poutine a must try.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2014First time here. I've heard about it for a few months now. I was VERY impressed. I dined for lunch. Sliders were probably the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Very goodSubcountry1Dined on 6/7/2014Loved the Decor and food. Calamari was the best I've had in a long time. The fries, muscles and pizzas were very good. Waitress had an odd sense of humor and verged on insulting a couple of times. Taken with a grain of salt...she was good and attentive. The manager also stopped by to inquire on the food, which was great.Special Features:
- Always a great place to go!cosmoCDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I go a couple times a month. It has a great variety of interesting food and drink and, being tapas, sharing is the best way to enjoy their food and find a favourite!! The service has always been amazing. I took a friend this time, and she loved the food, the atmosphere, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nibble your way to contentmentFoodsatreatDined on 6/5/2014Plank is a feast for the eyes and palate alike. Having requested a nice seat, we were given one overlooking the Harbour. There really isn't a bad table as the place is well organized and there are interesting things to look at throughout. Except for one item, all the tapas were frsh, colorful and delicious. We split everything and chose a salad and four items. Another time two or three would be enough on top of the colorful salad. It was fun having enough leftovers for two lunches thoough. The only poor item was the tasteless, dry mac and cheese logs. We want to go back to try the pizzas another time...and a third time for the mussels! The wait staff were friendly and very well-spoken. A reason to go back as well! Not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But music too loudLakeGirlDined on 6/2/2014I have brought 4 sets of guests to your restaurant. Everything was really good, music choice perfect, but the volume restricts patrons from adequately hearing each other, even the waitress agreed. Staff should be aware of the proper volume level. Would really appreciate if the management could give this their immediate attention. Food fabulous, music selection great, very friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Lunch was excellent - good choice, just the right amount of food, served in a reasonable amount of time, with very attentative waite staff. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmopsphereDebDadoDined on 5/20/2014Our server, Angelique, made it an especially fun night celebrating 2 anniversaries. She was just right! Delicious small plates, great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete DisappointmentThirdRDined on 5/10/2014We went to Plank after seeing a promotion on OpenTable. After checking out their website, we were impressed by the interesting breakfast menu, and were looking forward to an enjoyable brunch. On our arrival, we were surprised to see a menu nothing like the one we had seen on line. Our server could not have been less helpful and didn't seem to know anything about the menu on their website. When I showed her the menu, she lamely suggested that their 'internet guy' hadn't updated the site. Feeling kind of duped, we left. The whole experience was a disappointment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Always great! Love the variety - something new to try every time. One of my favourite spots for sure.Special Features:
- Great food, overpricedShanDined on 4/22/2014The food here is great. We had the maui ribs (so good), the calamari, the nachos (skip these) and the dum son (delicious). Outrageously overpriced for small plates but quite tasty.Special Features:
- great place for lunchambienceDined on 4/17/2014lovely restaurant, friendly service. Wonderful for a quick bite or leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Almost Great!bonnieblueDined on 4/12/2014A couple of co-workers and I had heard good things about Plank and wanted to check it out. Our server was lovely, friendly, attentive, easy to talk to. The bartender was equally attentive. We ordered drinks - mine was the negroni. Another person in our party ordered the apply manhattan. Neither of us enjoyed our drinks...they were heavy on the ice which as it melted turned the drinks into bitterly flavoured water. No complaints about the food. Appetizers, pizza's and desserts were very nice. We were enjoying our experience at Plank until the end when the owner approached us and said he needed the table. Granted we were there for about 3 hours, but to be booted out by the owner was extremely disappointing. That was a dealbreaker for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect location....plentysilvieDined on 4/8/2014perfect location....plenty of parking close by....comfortable seating....interesting décor....well trained friendly staff.....food well prepared ....interesting varied food choices....one main dish not available that day....will have to go back to try some more dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak veggie selectionAnitaVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great vibe and service. Great place for drinks. Very weak in terms of food, especially for vegetarians. Would probably go back for drinks but not food.Special Features:
- PhenomenalCoho1011Dined on 3/30/2014Its been a long time since I've had this level of fantastic service and unbelievable food. This place is a gem, with incredible atmosphere, prompt service, delicious, fresh innovative menu items and an extensive bourbon menu!!! This spot is one of a kind and impressed me far beyond any place I've been in TO (where I live). And the best part? When I looked at the bill, it was so affordable i just couldn't believe it. An absolute must to go and make it your regular dining/drinking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceJamesDined on 3/23/2014My wife and I have been to Plank many times before. On this occasion we invited some friends to brunch. They had never been to Plank and wanted to try it out for a while. The food was amazingly fresh and well prepared. The dishes are always well presented and the tastes are wonderful. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit and will be back!MichelleDined on 3/22/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted with a smile and warm welcome. Cocktails were delicious and food options were great for sharing! The decor was really cool and created a relaxed and cool vibe. It was my first time there and I'm already making a plan to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my new "got to " restaurantluv2eatDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I tried it first for dinner on a Saturday in December and were very impressed with the food the service and the price. Since then we have been back twice ...once with our daughter and once with friends to celebrate a birthday. It has been consistently delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We need more places like this!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Great tapas-style restaurant. Interesting food, great energy, and amazing service! Love the environment. Calamari was some of the best I've ever had. Enjoyed some oysters, some shrimp/chorizo combo, and some fish tacos (very fresh). Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place to Meet UpAbg913Dined on 2/25/2014This is the greatest place to meet up with friends! The food is great and everyone should try the Cauliflower fritters! Oh my word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.